Special Edition Pre-Order Anxiety Thread

dragonlordsd

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been super paranoid since the beginning I check mine everyday it's really bad. I'm also paranoid my one day shipping won't get here in time even though gamestop has a street date guarantee or shipping back. I've just hear some unfavorable stories but I know it will most likely be fine.

I'm not worried it will be canceled, I haven't heard of any Best Buy cancels yet.

I'm rooting for you!

Same here. I noticed my receipt for my Best Buy pre-order JUST updated to the 2/19/16 release date instead of 12/31/16.

EDIT:

This is me right now.

I think it's rather fitting that Veruca's last name is Salt.

How did I not see this? That sums me up as well. I WANT IT NOW.

Edited by Leif

Preach even though i alraedy went to my game stop and checked and they told me is fine, i even put more money to it payed more than half of it but im still like if they do me dirty and dont give me it, there is about to be trouble. Im gonna wake up super early to go get my copy

Not really worried about GS messing up mine and my brother's SEs, never had issues with GS. I panicked the day they announced they had to cancel some of them but we pre-ordered on Nov. 16th. Though I'm more worried about Amazon screwing up the New 3DS order.

Edited by Ehrzeth

My Awakening copy was defective and someone had to wait longer for theirs because i had to exchange mine. And due to that fiasco, they only had two copies for the preorders. So im all lying in bed last night thinking about how much it would suck if my SE was also defective lmao.

Lmao I'm paranoid of actually missing the opportunity to get my hands on one.

I've already missed over 3 opportunities because of my god awful timing.

I'm clearly not fated for the SE.

IF only.

Me and you both. I've taken the release day off, so I'm going to see if I can get lucky with it. If not, then I'll just get Nohr and call it good. If that fails, I have a Hoshido pre order from Amazon coming anyways :P

Uh. Yeah.

I'm pretty nervous about my pre-order, too.

I don't want it to get cancelled or anything...?

...I mean, even if I have to wait another week before the game arrives (like what happened when I preordered Xenoblade Chronicles X)...as long as I GET IT, that'll be good for me.

Only one more week before I can tell for sure, I suppose...

Me and you both. I've taken the release day off, so I'm going to see if I can get lucky with it. If not, then I'll just get Nohr and call it good. If that fails, I have a Hoshido pre order from Amazon coming anyways :P

Hahaha, I pre-ordered Birthright on Amazon too just in case. I've been calling and messaging a bunch of smaller video game stores in my city and they've been saying the same "We're not sure if we'll get any, but we will let you know of any changes." or "Call back on the day it comes out and if we have one, we'll set it aside for you."

Lmao I'm paranoid of actually missing the opportunity to get my hands on one.

I've already missed over 3 opportunities because of my god awful timing.

I'm clearly not fated for the SE.

IF only.

I'm not paranoid at all about them messing up my pre-order.Because I don't have one. ;_;

I'm in the same boat as you guys. There was a chance to for me to pre-order the special edition during the weekend it was announced at my local Gamestop, but I actually refused to preorder it when the cashier asked if I wanted to as I was no longer excited for the game at that time after reading everyone's impressions of its story since June 2015. It only took reading the localizations presented so far tha my excitement was ignited again, and I've been kicking myself for not pre-ordering ever since.

Maybe I'll get lucky and find the special edition in stock or someone cancelled their pre-order in my town. One of my Wal-Marts did have the Reaper of Soul's collector's edition for over a year when it came out. Well, fingers crossed.

I preordered mine off the Best Buy website as soon as the page was up after the announcement in that Direct. I get really antsy about buying those sort of things before they sell out. However, the pro's of my anxiety disorder doing that to me has gotten me not only the SE, but I also got to go to New York Comic Con the day Pokemon X and Y were released. So there are pro's the jumping onto buying something right away even if you can't afford it right away but will later (for example I paid my mom my Christmas money because the SE got put on her card).

Otherwise, I was a bit concerned when my Best Buy preorder kept displaying the release date as December 31st, 2016. I don't understand why they didn't fix that sooner in all honesty. Good news is that it got changed to February 19th, 2016 today so things are all good. I did ship to store so my mom would have to drive me out 20 minutes to where all the stores are (even Walmart and McDonalds is a 20 minute from where I live, I hate it). I don't like pre-ordering things to my house anyway, we're not allowed to have mailbox due to stupid laws so everything has to be sent to a PO Box and considering that even Amazon Prime's 2 day shipping doesn't apply to PO Boxes, I don't trust getting pre-orders on the date of their retail release.

I also got a bit worried about my Robin and Lucina amiibo arriving in time as well. I ordered them as Australian imports for a total of $26 (shipping included in that price) but I thought they were going to be super late before I realized I didn't take weekends out of the count of days. Because I took away weekends they actually came on time today so I have no need to be paranoid about them getting lost in the mail and not having them in time for Fates.

I worry about these kind of things all the time, so it's totally relatable.

Hahaha, I pre-ordered Birthright on Amazon too just in case. I've been calling and messaging a bunch of smaller video game stores in my city and they've been saying the same "We're not sure if we'll get any, but we will let you know of any changes." or "Call back on the day it comes out and if we have one, we'll set it aside for you."

The best bet might be Walmart. I have a friend who got a special edition game from there once. He said they didn't have it out front, but they were in a box in the back. He said he had to ask them to go back there and get it, and he managed to snag the special edition on the day of release.

So I'll probably try there first, then GameStop, then Best Buy, then I'll probably give up at that point and get conquest because I don't want to waste my day off not playing fire emblem.

The best bet might be Walmart. I have a friend who got a special edition game from there once. He said they didn't have it out front, but they were in a box in the back. He said he had to ask them to go back there and get it, and he managed to snag the special edition on the day of release.

So I'll probably try there first, then GameStop, then Best Buy, then I'll probably give up at that point and get conquest because I don't want to waste my day off not playing fire emblem.

I hear that Walmart Canada most likely not be getting in stores unfortunately. I know someone who works at Walmart and they checked the list of shipments they're expecting on the 19th and only Birthright and Conquest were on it, not the SE :c

So, it's EBGames or Best Buy for me.

Edited by carefreejules

Not super worried, since I was that nerd who refreshed amazon during the nintendo direct when it was announced :P

I did the exact thing. Though, I had to rely on a friend sending me to placeholder link for it, so I was just refreshing that until it became available for pre-order. According to Amazon, it is supposed to ship on the 17th and get to my house by the 19th. I'm mostly worried that Amazon will ding up the box like they did with a lot of Bravely Default collector's editions (thankfully mine and my sister's arrived in good shape). I'm also worried that GameStop will be slow on getting the New 3DS XL to me on the 19th as well.

I also worry for my sister and boyfriend. They both had to go in store to GameStop to pre-order. They both have their pre-orders still, though.

I'd hate to see another Awakening fiasco...I had to skip out of my Drawing II class mid-way through the three hours due to a GameStop employee telling me that they wouldn't hold my pre-order...

I hear that Walmart Canada most likely not be getting in stores unfortunately. I know someone who works at Walmart and they checked the list of shipments they're expecting on the 19th and only Birthright and Conquest were on it, not the SE :c

So, it's EBGames or Best Buy for me.

That sucks, I hope ours is getting the SE in. Regardless I wish you good luck in your hunt!

That sucks, I hope ours is getting the SE in. Regardless I wish you good luck in your hunt!

I'm afraid luck has run out for those who are getting it in March like me since Nintendo already confirmed in their video minute sweepstakes that these will be the last Special Editions that they will be giving out!

-----

Already going for Conquest in Gamestop since I can still get the keychains there!

I have all sorts of angst because my bank decided to switch to the new chip cards so I had to get a new card. I had to call Best Buy to switch my card on the order and the test charge went through fine, but there's still that anxiety over it haha

I'm the same way. I ordered my special edition in-store and I just have to go pick it up on release, but I'm afraid Gamestop will mess up and sell mine or something...or it won't arrive on release date (which always happens at this store).

Not super worried, since I was that nerd who refreshed amazon during the nintendo direct when it was announced :P

I did the same, but on the Canadian sites. Turns out it was pointless since the pre-orders only became available on December 4th in Canada.

I'm just worried it'll ship on release day, rather than arriving. It hasn't shipped out yet and we're in the final stretch...

I wasn't worried about getting the game, but now I really hope that the order isn't delayed since I'm actually doing a 2 hour bus ride to get to where the game will be delivered (my brother who lives there bought it for me as a belated Christmas gift/early birthday gift). It would be a bummer to do all that just to hear that the game will arrive after I return home. (I'd have to wait till March to play Fates...)

I saw from someone that actually bought the SE a screenshot that showed the SE will be shipped two days prior to the release date, and getting to the destination on the 19th, so I don't think that you'll be getting it any later, unless that only applies to Amazon.

Edited by PopteenPrincess