Special Edition Pre-Order Anxiety Thread

dragonlordsd

I saw from someone that actually bought the SE a screenshot that showed the SE will be shipped two days prior to the release date, and getting to the destination on the 19th, so I don't think that you'll be getting it any later, unless that only applies to Amazon.

Uuuh, are you sure about that? Or only for Amazon? Coz I preordered from Gamestop and it's international so I'll receive it 3-5 days AFTER it ships, which means I would be getting it late if you're right. Please don't stress me like that D:

Edited by Mekalygie

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine if it is the Awakening incident where they did not have the physical copies on the day the game came out. That better not happen for this please. I need to play this next Friday Game stop. In store btw

Uuuh, are you sure about that? Or only for Amazon? Coz I preordered from Gamestop and it's international so I'll receive it 3-5 days AFTER it ships, which means I would be getting it late if you're right. Please don't stress me like that D:

Yeah, I specifically said: 'unless that only applies to Amazon', as in I'm unsure if it's a universal thing.
I haven't seen anything from GameStop.

Very worried as I missed out pre-ordering on EB games online (took my CC info but never completed the transaction) so I paid in full for an in-store one but it's small town and known for screwing up pre-orders. That and my in-store orders is showing online strangely.

My Best Buy store e-mailed me an update regarding my order. They just said that the release date what changed to the appropriate one (2/19/16). I noticed the change before they e-mailed me today, so I hope that means I can pick up the pre-order on Friday. I'll call them next week to make sure I can pick it up on release day and not have to wait another day.

Is there a specific counter I go to to pick up pre-orders? I've never pre-ordered a game before.

Has anyone had any bad experiences preordering from Gamestop? I'm worried cause I heard some people preorder games there then go to pick it up at night on release day and they sold their preorder to someone else or "ran out" of the preorder bonuses.

It's really inconvenient for me to go right when it opens but the earliest I could get it otherwise that day is like 1pm...I don't want them to "run out" or someone convinces them to sell it to them or something.

You get 24 hours to pick up a preorder I believe, so if anyone sells your preorder before that you need to contact the store's DM. Running out of preorder bonuses is totally something that can happen though, they only get so many of them.

As for when orders will ship from Amazon, it depends! Amazon did a guaranteed release day delivery at least for Prime members, so it will very likely ship 1-2 days prior to the release date.

My Best Buy store e-mailed me an update regarding my order. They just said that the release date what changed to the appropriate one (2/19/16). I noticed the change before they e-mailed me today, so I hope that means I can pick up the pre-order on Friday. I'll call them next week to make sure I can pick it up on release day and not have to wait another day.

Is there a specific counter I go to to pick up pre-orders? I've never pre-ordered a game before.

I had a mini heart attack when I got that email haha when you get an email with "regarding your order..." as the subject it usually isn't a good thing. You should be going to the online pick up counter which is going to be close to the entrance. I've never done a preorder with in store pick up, but that's been the case for any online order I've had with them.

Good to hear that GameStops will hold your games for 48 hours; I'm kinda paranoid that they'll sell my copy before I get there. D: Still, I'm so paranoid that I'm sending my sister to go out and get it right when the store opens.

What's this "Awakening incident" that some of you are mentioning?

Basically the physical copies werent at the store. I was hyped so I bought it in the E shop on the day it came out. They better not do this with the special edition. I plan to play next Friday

What's this "Awakening incident" that some of you are mentioning?

No physical copies of the game for like a month, anywhere. It was brutal. Before that I never used to worry about preorders or stores selling out.

If memory serves, there was a shipping error or delay or something. I caved in and bought a digital copy at the time 'cuz I just simply couldn't wait to play the game.

Naturally, there were conspiracy theories at the time that the shortage was done on purpose to encourage increased sales of digital copies.

At least in my area, I always though it had more to do with the snowpocalypse we were getting that delayed the shipments; I didn't get my awakening 3DS bundle until the 8th, while I'm pretty sure at least some normal copies had been available on the 4th. I don't really remember for sure though anymore. Those were dark times that I really wanted to forget.... >_<

Well I'm going to be at my Gamestop when it opens Friday too to get my pre-orders. Just hope it'll be there and I can actually ge them then because I'm going to be mad if I can't. I'm off on that day and want to spend it playing my new games/New 3DS FE: Fates edition. o.o

My Best Buy preorder is still listed as processing. I didn't to ship to home because having a PO Box as my only way to receive mail has given me so much grief in the past. I'm hoping it gets to the second stage of preparing by Wednesday the latest. Best Buy is a 20-25 minute drive so going there in the morning for it not to be there would be terrible.

Anyone else pick ship to store for Best Buy?

I picked the same day shipping for best buy, ship-to-store makes me nervous.

For awakening, I ordered through game stop. I got my game on release day, but they called me half an hour before the store closed.

I'm currently dreaming about getting it early, Friday is a weird day to release a video game. Usually it's Tuesday or Thursday.

Just confirming something, if you got the special edition, you'll be able to choose your path when you get to chapter 6, like you can in the digital edition, right? I feel like that's going to be so cool, to actually be able to just make that choice, rather than being locked in.

Edited by dragonlordsd

i ask my uncle who live in america to pre-order it for me (and he will back to my country on 25 feb ;____; )

anxious? of course, idk if the SE can go past the custom (the custom in my country is kinda shitty lol)

After all the crap I went through to get the special edition preorder, I am definitely paranoid over something happening to it. I had a friend keep me on alert about when they went on sale, and she, having lived in a different town, told me she just snagged the last copy in the store for her. She warned me to go and start browsing immediately. I called three different EB's in my city, and only one had some copies left. I was literally already on the bus to catch a connecting in any direction, so I asked if they'd hold it for the next fifteen minutes... Go figure, the worker said no, and just told me to hurry. I ended up getting lost in the mall when I arrived, as it wasn't my usual mall... By the time I tracked down the EB and got in line, there was a good few people ahead of me... I heard the two boys ahead of me talking about how they hoped they'd got there in time... Figures, what do they both preorder? The cashier turned to his coworker, asked about the copies, and the girl checked the computer... Three left in stock. I was so happy I nearly burst into tears...Then the poor girl behind me, who literally stepped in just after me, cursed.

So, I understand having the jitters.