Special Edition Pre-Order Anxiety Thread

dragonlordsd

As someone who has the game pre-ordered on Amazon and has Two-Day Shipping selected without Prime, my order is expected to ship on the 17th. Hopefully it stays that way.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hate to see another Awakening fiasco...I had to skip out of my Drawing II class mid-way through the three hours due to a GameStop employee telling me that they wouldn't hold my pre-order...

I was only a little nervous until I read this...I won't get off work until 3pm on the release day, plus it takes me about another hour to commute to the GameStop where I pre-ordered. There's no way I can skip work for a game, I'd be in so much trouble! Plus if I did skip and my mom found out, she'd kill me! Plus, I got pre-ordered two days before the November cut-off date, so now I'm worried that I'm more liable to have my pre-order "taken" and given to someone else.

I was only a little nervous until I read this...I won't get off work until 3pm on the release day, plus it takes me about another hour to commute to the GameStop where I pre-ordered. There's no way I can skip work for a game, I'd be in so much trouble! Plus if I did skip and my mom found out, she'd kill me! Plus, I got pre-ordered two days before the November cut-off date, so now I'm worried that I'm more liable to have my pre-order "taken" and given to someone else.

The Awakening incident seems to have been an isolated case with GameStop that was caused by Canadian retailers breaking street date and thus some stores in North America selling the game early to those that asked about it. Also, since the chances of the Special Edition being available on release date being slim, I doubt they would sell your pre-order of it. If they do without any warning, then you can contact the store manager or file a complaint.

Anyone ever ordered something internationally and then had the item's page show the item as shipping locally only?

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN I'M SCARED

It'll be fine. You still have a few days to figure something out. Know any locals you could ship it to?

Huh, Best Buy is already shipping out copies?

Really? Does this mean that I may be able to pick up my copy early?! I should give my local BB a call.

Might just be shipping out of the Best Buy warehouse to people early. If it's not expected to arrive early to the customer prior to release date, then it's probably taking a scenic route. After Awakening's street date was broken and the fiasco happened, I doubt Nintendo would allow stores to sell the game early.

Gamestop has a policy to keep pre-ordered items for two days so in your case there's no need to worry.

I feel quite lucky that I was able to snag my SE preorder on the first day they were available. I even ran some errands before I headed to Gamestop! When I got there, they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about, even though I called earlier about it to ask if they were available. But, through wit and talking slowly, they were able to find it on their computer and I was able to order without any problems.

I started to worry after I heard them cancelling orders, but mine was still okay. It's just battling the eternal fears of them selling it to someone else or not receiving enough copies...

Edited by Tactician Robin

I have an SE Amazon pre-order that hasn't shipped. Then again I payed for one day shipping; I don't have Amazon Prime. Not worried yet, but even so......must.....keep....refreshing!!! DX

Same thing for me. Mine still says the expected release date is 12/31/2016. They really need to fix this by tomorrow since I'm paying expedited shipping.

Wait, really? Yours says that? Mine updated quite some time ago to 2/19/2016. Still, I'm a little unsettled that it doesn't display expected arrival date. I chose the "get it on release day" option for shipping, but it still makes me nervous.

I have an SE Amazon pre-order that hasn't shipped. Then again I payed for one day shipping; I don't have Amazon Prime. Not worried yet, but even so......must.....keep....refreshing!!! DX

Maybe it's a Prime thing because my SE hasn't shipped yet either and I'm not a Prime member. It still says it ships tomorrow but until it does I'll be antsy.

Wait, really? Yours says that? Mine updated quite some time ago to 2/19/2016. Still, I'm a little unsettled that it doesn't display expected arrival date. I chose the "get it on release day" option for shipping, but it still makes me nervous.

Unfortunately yeah. If nothing changes tomorrow, I'm definitely calling Customer Service. This is my first time preordering from Best Buy and my first collector's edition of a game.