Special Edition Pre-Order Anxiety Thread

dragonlordsd

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamestop called and confirmed my special edition ready to pick up tomorrow. Yeah!

Got kinda worried because I didn't get a call, so I called them. It's all good.

Otherwise, what do you guys think the chances that the pre-order bonus key chains will be gone by the time I get there after my class? I have class until 12:20, so earliest I could get there would probably be 12:50-1:00pm. Or I could go when they open and be a little late for my class (it's Table Tennis, not the biggest deal).

I'd rather wait, but I don't want to miss out on those key chains (just in case they run out or they "run out" meaning the GS employees grabbed some for themselves...its happened before)

Got kinda worried because I didn't get a call, so I called them. It's all good.

Otherwise, what do you guys think the chances that the pre-order bonus key chains will be gone by the time I get there after my class? I have class until 12:20, so earliest I could get there would probably be 12:50-1:00pm. Or I could go when they open and be a little late for my class (it's Table Tennis, not the biggest deal).

I'd rather wait, but I don't want to miss out on those key chains (just in case they run out or they "run out" meaning the GS employees grabbed some for themselves...its happened before)

I think the people who pre ordered have them secure. Otherwise, I just want my game. Keychains are a bonus and I pray to get them

I think the people who pre ordered have them secure. Otherwise, I just want my game. Keychains are a bonus and I pray to get them

You're supposed to get the pre-order bonus but I have heard numerous stories about how they are really first come first serve. Not sure though. I would call my GS again, but I've been calling them a lot...I think it's starting to annoy them >-<

You're supposed to get the pre-order bonus but I have heard numerous stories about how they are really first come first serve. Not sure though. I would call my GS again, but I've been calling them a lot...I think it's starting to annoy them >-<

I am sure we have them secure. I sure hope it is not first come first serve.

Well It's 12:30AM on 2/19 and my best buy order is still "Processing". I've lost all hope that I'm going to be playing later today and I'm beginning to worry I will have a very similar situation to Lushris where my order is also in some limbo. Dammit Best Buy.

Those of you who bought from GameStop and paid for one-day shipping, are any of you not scheduled to get it until Monday? That's what it's saying for me and I'm kinda disappointed. =/ What was the point of paying for the fastest shipping if I'm not getting it almost 3 days late?

Well It's 12:30AM on 2/19 and my best buy order is still "Processing". I've lost all hope that I'm going to be playing later today and I'm beginning to worry I will have a very similar situation to Lushris where my order is also in some limbo. Dammit Best Buy.

Same! Never charged. Never shipped. Still hanging on processing and awaiting authorization. Bullshit when I was likely one of the first orders in, I F5'd like hell to get it the moment it went up.

Same! Never charged. Never shipped. Still hanging on processing and awaiting authorization. Bullshit when I was likely one of the first orders in, I F5'd like hell to get it the moment it went up.

I just checked my credit card account and I was charged on 2/17, the day I switched to expedited shipping. Hopefully this secures that I'll be getting a copy and the last matter is "When". I've been looking around the BB forum (BB has a forum??) and reddit about BB shipping issues and one theory that popped up was that if you live near a BB location, then what might have happened is that the warehouse shipped your copy to that store, but the item won't be marked as shipped until it leaves the store and is headed to the residence. Relevant to that is some claim Nintendo is pressuring retailers to not release items until the release day, so while the item may be on the way, Best Buy can not legally announce it. Honestly, that last one sounds untrue. I hope I see it in the mail when I come back from morning lectures :c

When did you guys order your special editions? I really was hoping to get one, but by the time i checked (a day or so after the Nintendo Direct released) I couldn't find it available anywhere! I have no interest in the art book or carrying case, all I wanted was the three paths on one cart :) It's silly, but I have this thing about digital downloads- I just don't like to do it for certain games, Fire Emblem being one of them . . . not that it's going to stop me from eventually getting Conquest and Revelations!

Hope you all get your copies without any issues!

I got mine from GameStop's first wave, which was the day after the direct, so Nov 13th. And I also paid $15 for one-day shipping, so the fact that I was among the first people to get it from them but still won't be getting it until next week is really upsetting.

I purchased mine on November 12th from Best Buy immediately after learning that Amazon's sales were sold out. However, the status of the order is currently unknown, since my order status hasn't changed since I pre-ordered it and it still lists 12/31 as a release date.

I REALLY hope this isn't just another glitch in the system.

But some of the people on my stock tracker were talking about how they were in contact with Best Buy during it and received confirmation that yes, it is indeed legit stock.

Edit: Some people are saying their orders are getting cancelled.

I hope mine is secure. I got in fairly early... I haven't gotten any e-mail saying it's cancelled, though, and those are automated.

Edited by Anomalocaris

I REALLY hope this isn't just another glitch in the system.

But some of the people on my stock tracker were talking about how they were in contact with Best Buy during it and received confirmation that yes, it is indeed legit stock.

Edit: Some people are saying their orders are getting cancelled.

I hope mine is secure. I got in fairly early... I haven't gotten any e-mail saying it's cancelled, though, and those are automated.

*crosses fingers* Please don't screw up, please don't screw up.

I'd recommend going with in-store pickup, I think the ones that are getting cancelled are shipped ones.

But if they're getting cancelled now they're likely out of stock. I guess I just have to hope that mine (And anyone's on here! You guys are cool!) is set and ready.

I guess this thread title is now relevant to me, though. I really hope I didn't just get rickrolled by Best Buy.

PICK A GOD AND PRAY

Edited by Anomalocaris

And now Best Buy sent me an e-mail confirming my order.

I AM THE OCEAN'S GREAT WAVES

DESTINED TO HAVE A SPECIAL EDITION BEYOND THE SHORE

Dude congrats! I also tried slipping in an order too. I've only received Ebay's confirmation though, none from Best Buy yet (cancellation or confirmation).

Dude congrats! I also tried slipping in an order too. I've only received Ebay's confirmation though, none from Best Buy yet (cancellation or confirmation).

I'm in that same boat right now. *anxiety intensfies*