How Unspoiled Are You?

Soonaynay

How Unspoiled Are You?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. If you plan to buy the English version of Fire Emblem Fates, how spoiled/unspoiled are you in regards to the story?

• Completely spoiled because I played the Japanese version
    • Spoiled because I wanted to be spoiled/didn't care about being spoiled
    • I know almost everything about the plot, and I didn't want to know :(
    • I know a good amount of the plot :/
    • I know only a little about the plot :)
    • Completely unspoiled! :D

Hey! So with us so close to the NA release (8 days!!!) (and sorry Europeans :'(), thought I'd make a poll about how unspoiled people have been able to remain towards the plot. I know that I personally, despite my best efforts ​which apparently are not good enough, have been almost completely spoiled. I'm expecting a lot of others to be in the same boat as I am, but I guess we'll see!

The last four options are really only for if you actually cared about being spoiled, so please choose the second if you didn't actually care about it.

Only doing this because 8 days is way too long and I need SOMETHING to occupy my time

Edited by Soonaynay

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched the entire Nohrian campaign when it was streamed on Twitch, so I know roughly what happens.

Not that I'll be playing the English version anyway, so...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I am entirely spoiled with this game >.> (but it's worth it)

But I've been spoiled a lot since the game came out so I've forgotten about somethings after some time, either way I wanna play so badly!

I spoiled several story elements because I wanted to see if certain aspects were as bad as people who imported the Japanese version said they were. I've refused to spoil gameplay, though I'll probably do that for Birthright since I can't afford to get it and don't care as much about it.

"Spoiled because I wanted to be spoiled/didn't care about being spoiled"

is the closest one for me hahah. I'm only KINDA spoiled about certain things (mostly the really big events that happen in each route) I didn't voluntarily look for spoilers but if I saw them, I went "woah, better research that so I can get a bit of context."

I wish I could go into the English version blind to everything other than what was officially released, but I played the Japanese version so there goes that out the window. Even if I hadn't played it, I think I'd still be spoiled because I can't help myself when it comes to things I'm really hype about, plus we had that huge leak early on when it came out in HK early and I was there for the whole thing.

I've aimed for a balanced approach. I've seen the first seven chapters of each route, but have avoided anything else main-plot outside of that. I've looked at some of the Skinship stuff, since that, to me, is not main plot and I'm curious to see how different the dialogue aspect will be between the original and NA releases. I've watched Q&A videos, videos on features like My Castle, and looked up how certain gameplay mechanics have remained similar or different.

It should also be noted that I watched 1-6 in Japanese, so while I've "seen" it, I haven't "read" it. I was trying to decide whether to play Hoshido or Nohr first and was hoping aesthetics or character design might help. (Ultimately my little brother went "I'll play your Nohr copy and you can do Birthright because I'm better at games than you." (Yes, but have you beaten an FE...? Nope. But that's another story.)

Anyway, I'm happy with what I've looked at and haven't had anything "spoiled". (I view being "spoiled" finding out something I wouldn't have wanted to know.) I'm very excited for next Friday!!!

im pretty spoiled, i watched like all first 5 chapters and all 6 chapters for each version plus a couple here and there. I know abit about the characters but enough since i decided to hold myself there. I also know the overall of the plot like who the villain is and such but not how is found and etc to still have some surprise

I spoiled myself because i like it lol plus i cant wait

I know a few key details.

Mega spoilers:

Garon is a real slimeball thanks to Anankos, Flora goes the way of Sigurd in Birthright, Scarlet and Izana die in Revelations, Azura dies at the end of Birthright and Conquest, and Takumi is the final boss of Conquest, though I don't know the specifics of that last one.

I don't know much beyond that plot-wise, if there's even anything left.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Completely spoiled because I have no intention of getting it

EDIT: Let me reiterate: I have no intention of purchasing or getting it any time in the near future or the far future.

Edited by Soledai

I know about almost all the deaths, endings, and the bad guys. To quote Deus Ex Human Revolution, I didn't ask for this. All of these spoilers for me were accidental, and quite a few recent.

I found out about Azura's death and Takumi being the end boss or an end boss in Conquest last week due to a youtube comment. Found out about the royal family deaths due to a facebook post, though I would of saw that coming a mile away. Gunther I knew about out of my own fault of trying to learn when you get him, so oh well. Hopefully not too much is spoiled to ruin my enjoyment of the game's story. I will say that some of these would of been a great surprise to me, so that does suck.

Edited by Tolvir

Option: I only know a good amount of the plot. Mainly from Fire Emblem wikipedia. Here is at least most of it. Few Heavy Spoilers. You've been warned. Most from Hoshido and Nohr paths.

-Knowing Garon's dilemma. (Both routes)

-Knowing Artea's dilenma. (Ch 20ish)

-Knowing Valla's Dilenma. (Revelations)

-Knowing Elise's Dilenma. (Hoshido in the town with her grandmother.)

-Knowing Camilla's Dilenma. (Ch13/23 Hoshido)

-Knowing why Elise sacrificed herself Ch26 Hoshido

-Knowing why Ryoma killed himself Ch26 Nohr

-Knowing why Zoura betrayed Garon on Hoshido (Ch13 Hoshido)

Things I don't know...

-Who the Rainbow Sage is...?

-Why Iago leads you to the Dragon Trap in Ch20 Hoshido?

-More about Azure whether she is a descendant of Narga, or Saint Eliminie.

-Almost all about Revelations in General.

-Why Ryoma kidnapped Elise and poisoned her? (Ch12 Nohr)

-Anything at the end of the Nohr path.

Edited by PuffPuff

I tried to remain completely unspoiled, but I gave up like a week after the game came out in Japan. I've seen all the characters, watched plenty of gameplay (I think I've seen all the maps? I just love watching how differently players approach them), read a few fan-translated supports, listened to the soundtrack and that's it. The things I know about the story are pretty vague.

The only thing I want to spoil myself about the English version is the voice acting. The official translation makes everything seem so new and exciting and fresh, I want to experience it when I get to play the game.

All of my spoils, except for characters, were completely accidental. I'm so impulsive that I almost always open spoiler tags against my better judgement, and sometimes I go onto the wiki to get references for drawing and I get spoiled that way. Seriously, fuck Azura's wiki page. Those spoilers man. Those spoilers.

"Spoiled because I wanted to be spoiled/didn't care about being spoiled".

Because I knew it'd take me forever and a year to complete even ONE of the routes, so I pretty much watched a lot of videos, watched a lot of the Livestreams, among other things.

I kind of agree with Carnation, though. Although I watched a few chapters of the English version, I think I'm going to stop watching any videos of it.

I'm spoiled for a good amount of the plot, which I was hoping to avoid to make the actual game playing experience more authentic, so I'm banking on my shoddy memory to help me out with that. Overall, it doesn't bother me that much. I'm still going to enjoy the game anyway. I'm sure there will still be plenty of surprises that will, well, surprise me.