Favorite units?

thejayeagle

Who is everyone's favorite units between the following chracters? Judge by Design, personality, and stats in 3 different categories please.

Lyn vs Eliwood vs Hector

Sain vs Kent vs Lowen vs Marcus vs Isadora

Bartre vs Dorcas vs Hawkeye vs Dart vs Gietz

Nils vs Ninian

Erk vs Nino vs Pent

Lucius vs Canas vs Renault

Florina vs Fiora vs Farina

Heath vs Vaida

Matthew vs Legault vs Jaffar

Guy vs Karel vs Karla vs Raven vs Harken

Serra vs Priscilla

Oswin vs Wallace

Louise vs Will vs Rebecca vs Rath

Thoughts on Athos?

Thoughts on Merlinus?

Edited by thejayeagle

Hector (Best GBA Lord and maybe the series in general)

Sain (Great character with kickass uses in battle)

Tie between Hawkeye and Dart (Hawkeye has unique battle animation and Dart has lots of good stats and it is the best choice for a brute fighter)

Ninian (great character with a bit of a sad and shocking backstory revealed later in Hector's story involving Nergal)

Based Pent (Why did he left as Etruria's Mage General in FE6 anyway? Great caster with a cool personallity and is a better mage than Erk)

Lucius (Cool guy and probably the best non-promoted magic user with growths like these)

Fiora (Florina is overrated and I was always a fan of the 2nd Peg Knight)

I dunno...Heath? (Not a big fan of FE7's Wyvern Riders)

Jaffar (A great example of redemption can be possible not to mention the most anti-RNG unit out there)

Raven (Fantastic Merc with awesome bases and growths and a good character overall)

Priscilla (Her character is interesting and she has some balanced and killer growths making her the number 1 healer for the game)

Oswin gameplay, Wallace character wise (Funny as hell and quite honorable...I only wish he was actually good outside Lyn's Story)

Louise ( you should also add Rath, if he is added then he is my choice)

Athos is a pretty cool endgame unit. He can give a good beating to soft up stronger enemies so that the other units can kill them and he is a decent solo caster

Merlinus is awesome at least in this game, he doesn't take up slots, he can easily dodge hits, he will never die, only retreat and he promotes later so that he can move in the battlefield

Stats:

Lyn

Sain

Lol me using axes

Ninian

You get Erk first

Lucius

Florina

Never bothered with em

Matthew opens chests in most chapters

Guy

Both work

Oswin

Rebecca

Beat bosses easily

DA CONVOY

Personality

Eliwood

Lowen

Dart

Nils

Erk

Canas

Florina

Heath

Guy

Serra

Wallace

Rebecca

Eh

Eeeeehhh

Design

Eliwood

Isadora

None of them

Nils

Erk

Lucius

Fiora

Heath

Karla

Priscilla

Not a fan of either

Very wise

Eh it serves his purpose

why is it that I can't resist threads asking me to compare/rank characters omg

gameplay:

hector, marcus, hawkeye I guess, ninian, lolpent, canas, florina, vaida, matthew, raven, serra, oswin, louise I guess, athos cheeses final, merlinus is... there

personality:

eliwood, isadora I guess, bartre, nils, erk, lucius <3, florina, vaida <3, legault, raven, serra <3, wallace, rebecca, athos is a not particularly noteworthy version of the dumbledore trope, merlinus is kinda funny which is an improvement on being awful in fe6

design:

hector and eliwood, isadora, hawkeye, nils, pent, lucius, fiora, vaida, legault, karla, serra, wallace, rebecca, athos and merlinus look their parts

Lyn X Eliwood X Hector

Design-Lyn,her sprites are easily the best of the three

Personality-Eliwood is the most well developed one,but Hector is way more cool,So it goes to Hector

Stats-Hector without even competition because he is HECTOR

Sain X Kent X Lowen X Marcus X Isadora

Design-Hard one but I will choose Kent

Personality-Sain,because he is funny,his supports should be amazing

Stats-Sain again,every time I use him because his stats make him overpowered

Bartre X Dorcas X Hawkeye X Dart X Geitz

Personaly I don't like axe users so I can't say much about them

Design-Geitz,his sprite is probably the best,I think?

Personaly-Bartre,his support with Karel in Binding Blade is a good one

Stats-Bartre,because I have to use him to recruit Karla,but without counting this Geitz or Hawkeye?One of those two

Nils X Ninian

Design-Ninian,I would choose Nils,but her battle sprite is more complex

Personality-Nils,I prefer him over Ninian

Stats-No Coments,It's a draw

Erk X Nino X Pent

Design-Pent,his design is better even being a pre-promote

Personality-Nino,she is a fantastic written caracter

Stats-Even with low avaiability she has the best potential

Lucius X Canas X Renault

Design-Canas,best FE7 character after Legault

Personality-Canas,but Renault is pretty cool,sacly his stats sucks

Stats-Canas without doubt

Florina X Farina X Fiora

Design-Fiora

Personality-Florina,at the time of release she was pretty original

Stats-Don't Know

Heath X Vaida

Design-Heath,but the freakin black Wyvern is outstanding cool

Personality-Heath

Stats-Heath.Heath is better at everything

Mathew X Legault X Jaffar

Design-Legault,he is really cool

Personality-Tough choice,Mathew is way cool,Legault is my favourite and Jaffar is freaking Jaffar.But I would choose Mathew

Stats-Legault if you want to train one thief,if not stick with Jaffar

Guy X Karel X Karla-First I think that Raven and Harken needs to be a different category

Design-Karel

Personality-Karel

Stats-Guy

Don't get me wrong,I don't like swordmasters in FE7

Raven X Harken

Design-Raven

Personality-Raven,thanks to Elibian Nights hack I was able to earn a bit more of each character,and Raven is pretty cool and Harken was probably the most troubled of the characters in the normal game

Stats-Raven ends up pretty good

Serra X Priscilla

Design-Serra,but my a small advantage

Personality-Serra is a good example of a anoin character,but this isn't bad.She became one unique character and Priscilla is just one more in my opinion

Stats-Priscilla is better

Oswin X Wallace

Design-Oswin,but Wallace also has a pretty good sprite

Personality-Wallace

Stats-Oswin,because Wallace is trouble

Louise X Wil X Rebecca

Design-No one stands out,but I would say Wil

Personality-Wil by far

Stats-Rebecca is better than Wil :(

Athos is of a good character.He is a legend and also funny,but many games had the same thing

Merlinus is the opposite,unique class,unique personlity,unique stats.Merlinus is funny and I bring him at every chapter possible

Edited by Ace Pelleas

Lyn takes all three categories, tho I am admittedly biased towards her

Sain for design and personality, he ties with Kent in terms of stats

Hawkeye for design and personality, Geitz for stats

Nils for everything, as I REALLY dislike Ninian

Pent takes the gold in all three for basically being Elibe's Chuck Norris

I never used any of the three non anima magic users so no comment on them

Florina takes all three, tho again I am biased towards her

Never used the Wyvern riders in this game, so no comment

Jaffar for everything, due to just being awesome

Harken as he's the only one I can ever get to work

Priscilla for all but personality, which Serra does better

Oswinner wins everything unironically

Louise takes design, Becca takes everything else

Athos is fun, tho he makes me miss Gotoh

Merlinus is hilarious, and I love that.

Lyn vs Eliwood vs Hector

Lyn is my favorite character in the entire series, so of course she wins all three categories for me. I've always loved her design and character, I've never agreed with the consensus that she's boring or pointless or anything. And it is true that Hector is probably the best unit-wise, but I love how often Lyn pulls a critical hit and how she dodges basically everything coming at her.

Sain is my favorite of them, although I also really like Isadora's design, and Kent is up there with him in terms of stats. But Sain is still the winner, he's an amusing and funny character and I like his design a lot, and I always try to train him up a bit and use him.

Bartre vs Dorcas vs Hawkeye vs Dart vs Geitz

Bartre wins in terms of design, but in terms of stats he's up there with Geitz. For personality, I have to take into account Binding Blade! I like Bartre's character and growth as a character between the two games.

Nils vs Ninian

Ninian and Nils tie this one. I like both of their designs, and for stats they're basically the same. I suppose Ninian has a slight edge in character thanks to her role in the story, but otherwise it's pretty even.

Erk vs Nino vs Pent

Pent wins this in all three categories. He's a great unit right from the start and he's got a cool design and personality. Nino is a great character as well, and her design is also great! But Pent wins in the end.

Canas wins in terms of design and stats. I've always really liked his design, I don't see men with purple hair all that often and his monocle is pretty awesome! Lucius is up there with him in stats, but ultimately I like Canas more. Renault is up there with Canas in personality, I really love how mysterious he is, he's really just a great character! Canas ultimately wins, but it's close with the others in stats and personality.

Fiora wins all three categories, although the other two are right up there with her in terms of stats. As for design and personality, I've always liked Fiora the best, her design is pleasant and her character is one I feel that I can relate to in some ways...so I give her the edge.

Heath vs Vaida

Heath, Heath, and Heath.

This one is pretty close, I like all three of them a lot! All three are great characters and all three serve their purposes as units very well. But in terms of design, Matthew and Legault are the winners, and I'm not sure which I like more. I suppose for the ultimate winner, I gotta go with Matthew, I've always liked his role in the story and his arc with Leila.

I'm separating Raven and Harken from the other three, why would they be in the same category when Lucius/Canas/Renault aren't in the same as Erk/Nino/Pent? Anyway, I have to take into account Binding Blade again, with that Karel is the winner. His character growth between the two games is great, and I've always liked his design the best. Guy is probably up there with him in stats just because you get him so early, but I still like Karel more. As for Raven and Harken, Raven edges out Harken just a little bit.

Serra vs Priscilla

Priscilla wins.

Oswin vs Wallace

Oswin is the better unit and I like his design more, but I really like Wallace's character. Wallace's supports? All great. He's a really great character! So...Oswin for stats and design, Wallace for character.

Louise vs Wil vs Rebecca vs Rath

Louise or Rath are probably the two better units, but I still like using Wil and Rebecca. I'd also say I like Rebecca's design the most, and Rebecca and Wil's characters more. They both seem just so cheery and nice! I like Rath, but he doesn't have too many conversations to go by, and neither does Louise. So...I like them all. I'd say I'd give the trophy to Wil though, with Rebecca as a very close second.

Thoughts on Athos?

Athos is cool.

Thoughts on Merlinus?

Merlinus is cool.

Oh gosh, i forgot to add rath! lemme fix that XD

i didn't even notice and he wouldn't be my favourite in anything

specific elibe unpopular opinion alert: EVERYTHING ABOUT SACAE IS BORING. except rutger and he's like half bern anyway lol.

i like eliwood the most of the three lords. lyn's ok but she doesn't do much and her character doesn't stand out much to me. hector's cool too but i didn't find him very interesting. eliwood's a nice guy so I like him

out of those 5... probably Sain, although I also like Marcus and Kent. Sain's a jerk and a terrible person at times but a lot of his supports are just so funny, since he's just an entertaining character. he was also a pretty good unit for me, while Kent got screwed on both of my playthroughs. plus I feel like he's slightly redeemed for being terrible in his support with Kent. it's nice how he puts aside his... feelings? for Lyn so that Kent can have her, and that he helps him out with his crush on Lyn.

Hawkeye has a really cool battle animation. also he's a decent unit I think I didn't use him much.

man I love ninian and nils but i guess i'll go with nils because he's cuter

i almost wrote that i liked pent the most but honestly i think i might actually like erk the most out of those three. it's hard to explain exactly why, but i just like his character.

lucius. i really love his character.

farina. her supports are pretty funny.

i don't care about either wyvern rider much nor have i ever really used either of them. i guess heath for the hair.

matthew's a cool character i like him a lot. although I also like jaffar. guess i'll go with matthew.

karel's cool and has sick hair

serra probably has all the best lines

wallace sucks i like oswin

i love wil so much that i'm not going to write it out

athos is cool and strong and pretty useful for the last chapter

merlinus is probably the most OP unit ever

Stats:

Hector

Sain/ Lowen

Dart

Nils/Ninain ( Does it really matter in stats?)

Nino

Lucius/ Canas

Florina

Heath

Matthew

Raven

Priscilla

Oswin

Rebecca/ Rath

Athos: I like his stats

Merlinus: Eh

Personality:

Hector

Kent

Dorcas

Nils

Nino

Renault

Farina

Vaida

Jaffar

Raven

Priscilla

Wallace

Rebecca

Athos: Eh

Merlinus: I like him

Design:

Lyn

Kent/Isadora

Hawkeye

Nils

Pent

Canas

Florina

Vaida

Jaffar

Harken

Priscilla

Oswin

Rebecca

Athos: Eh

Merlinus: Eh

Gameplay:     Hector   Marcus   Hawkeye   Same    Pent   Lucius   Not Fiora  Vaida  Jaffar   
Personality:  Hector   Marcus   Hawkeye   ???     Pent   Lucius   Farina     Vaida  Matthew  
Design:       Hector   Marcus   Hawkeye   Ninian  Pent   Lucius   eh         Vaida  Jaffar   

Gameplay:     Harken  Priscilla  Oswin     Rath
Personality:  Karla   Serra      Wallace   Louise
Design:       Karel   Priscilla  Wallace   Louise

Athos is cool and useful

Merlinus is a free bait

Nice template! I will borrow it lol

Gameplay:     Hector   Marcus   Bartre     Same     Pent    Canas   Florina  Heath  Matthew   
Personality:  Hector   Sain     Geitz      Ninian   Pent    Canas   Farina   Heath  Matthew  
Design:       Hector   Sain     Hawkeye    Ninian   Pent    Canas   Fiora    Heath  Matthew   

Gameplay:     Raven    Guy      Priscilla  Oswin    Rath
Personality:  Harken   Karel    Serra      Oswin    Louise
Design:       Harken   Karel    Priscilla  Oswin    Rebecca
I think you should have kept separate categories for mercs and myrmidons (as I did above), considering you did the same for all of the other classes.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually don't choose units based on how "good" they are, so these are my opinions based mostly on design and a little bit on personality.

Lyn vs Eliwood vs Hector

Nils vs Ninian

Erk vs Nino vs Pent

Heath vs Vaida

Serra vs Priscilla

Oswin vs Wallace

Lyn for design. She doesn't look similar to any other FE lord. Hector for personality and stats.

Sain for design. I never mistake him for any other green cavalier. He also has the most interesting personality, but Lowen turned out to be my best paladin.

Dart for design. The pirate bandana sets him apart, but I like Dorcas's personality better, and Hawkeye was my best fighter.

Nils on design and personality. If she weren't so important to the story, Ninian would be just another generic dancer. Nils's flute sets him apart from other dancer/singer characters.

Erk on all counts. He reminds me of Kafei from Majora's Mask, I enjoy his snark, and he was my best mage.

Canas on all counts. The monocle sets him apart in design, he's amusing, and he can use Luna, so who cares about the others' stats?

The Pegasus knights all seem too similar in design for me to make a choice. I suppose I enjoy Fiora's personality most. I can't remember which one was best stats-wise for me.

I don't really like either of them, but I guess Heath. I didn't use wyvern knights much either.

Matthew looks like how I'd imagine his character if I never saw a picture of him, and I like his personality, but Jaffar was better as an assassin.

I don't really have an opinion for the myrmidons and mercenaries on design or personality. Stat-wise, I guess Karel was most useful for me, since I didn't use Guy or Raven much.

Priscilla. I like the green and white color scheme. Her personality is less annoying than Serra also, and I used her most for that reason. I don't really know how effective Serra can be, since I only used Priscilla.

Wallace on all counts.

Rebecca always stood out to me in design. Doesn't hurt that she turned out better than Wil for my game. For personality, though I think I prefer Rath.

Athos looks like Gandalf, has a personality like Gandalf, and uses magic like Gandalf.

Merlinus looks like he ought to own a pizzeria, his personality is--tolerable?--and I never leveled him up to his full potential.

Edited by Seanp12

Lyn vs Eliwood vs Hector

Eliwood. Hector hates me. I have done a bazillion run-throughs, and I've yet to get a good Hector.

InSain of course. He's the fan favorite amongst those isn't he?

My man Bartre. Somehow always ends up better than Hector for me.

Nils vs Ninian

Ninian is a waifu, Nils is the name of my dad. But my dad isn't a pussy ass shota, so the waifu pick edges out.

Erk vs Nino vs Pent

Pent. No need to say anything else about that

Lucius, mainly because I've got a thing for him.

Fiora is best girl, Fiora is waifu.

Heath vs Vaida

Both are kinda meh. Vaida has a cooler personality though, Heath is just some edgy fuck.

My man Matthew. I got a savefile of him maxing Str, Skl and Spe, as well as Def, without any statboosters.

Harken with Karla a close second.

Serra vs Priscilla

Priscilla. She isn't an annoying piece of shit.

Oswin vs Wallace

Wallace and I share one thing in common, neither of us have any sense of direction. So Wallace. Oswin is just boring.

Louise is Pent's waifu, is a waifu. So Louise.

Thoughts on Athos?

He should've died 900 years prior.

Thoughts on Merlinus?

He too should've died 900 years prior.