Apotheosis question

Burnannator

Casual or Normal? What other units do you have? If you're on Casual do you still restart if somebody dies?

You don't actually need a full roster to beat Apotheosis, so before you waste the time have you tried it with what you have?

Just from face value of the thread I'd take Cynthia and Gerome.

I'd just train all the units, if I where you. It's easier if you have EXPodental Growth, but if you're playing on normal and don't have the DLC, Reeking Boxes will work just as well. Bonus Units you can get from Streetpass/Spotpass can be duable, if neither of these are available to you.

You just need patience. And lots of it.

A rally bot uses 5 rally skills (like Spectrum from grandmaster, Magic from sage, etc.). You should field 1-4 depending on personal preference (I use 2 just to give you perspective). With these rallies, you can basically get +8-10 (depends if you have rally heart from bride) to all units within range.

Rescue bots are either falcon knights or acrobat valks that serve zero relevance towards combat; the only use the rescue staff as a movement tool for the rest of your units. Rescue staves can be used as warp and rescue, so you can pick and choose every single fight on your terms.

The number of these bots depends on the player too. If you're planning on using 2 rally bots, and 7 rescue bots, then you're probably already noticing your deployment count. That leaves Chrom (and spouse), Olivia, Avatar (and spouse), and those 9 bots leaves you with 6 slots for kids (so 3 pairs). Of course, you can tweak these numbers for whatever fits the bill, but you're actually putting on a handicap if you just ignore the bots.

Someone has to be the bot. It's not glorious; it doesn't get kills. But, the team is certainly weaker without them.

In terms of rally bots this is what I did: I recruited a random female avatar from the world map and taught her rally spectrum and rally heart from the Bride class (so that's plus 6 to all stats and 1 movement), plus speed, defense and resistance rally skills. When I brought her to Apotheosis I made her a War Cleric so she could heal/use rally (they got better defense than a Sage if you're worried about keeping her safe from battles). I also brought my brother's avatar along with me and made him a rally bot/healer plus a third one just in case. For me personally, I never used rescue myself as I kept my characters as a group for most of the battle so it wasn't needed for me. But that's just me, we all have our styles.