• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cool, thanks for the update!

It also looks a lot more professional now, nice job man

edit: You're supposed to patch it on a raw ROM file right? Because in the Readme it says "Make sure you apply the patch to an translated Japanese ROM."

Edited by Cuizonix

Cool, thanks for the update!

It also looks a lot more professional now, nice job man

edit: You're supposed to patch it on a raw ROM file right? Because in the Readme it says "Make sure you apply the patch to an translated Japanese ROM."

That's an error, The readme should say "untranslated".

I don't know if this is any sort of priority for you, but the names of Saber and Wylar (the unused characters) are left untranslated. Saber is ioalf"- and Wylar is xals-. I bring this up because these characters' names can still come up in the obscure—but still legitimately-accessible—Battle Test feature.

Also, a few options on the general chapter menu (the one that comes up when you press A on a tile with no unit on it) are inconsistent with official translations:

• Info should be Status.
  • Save should be either Bookmark (Awakening, Fates) or Suspend (every other officially translated Fire Emblem game).

As a final note, I think that "## storages" for the Convoy inventory header looks a little awkward. Maybe try replacing it with...

• "/ 40"
  • "slots"
  • "space"
  • "open"
  • "left"
  • If you can get it to fit using the condensed multi-letter glyphs, you could squeeze in "/40" and then one of the words afterward.

Incidentally, what are you using to do the text editing? I'd love to play around with it a bit, myself.

Edited by Topaz Light

I don't know if this is any sort of priority for you, but the names of Saber and Wylar (the unused characters) are left untranslated. Saber is ioalf"- and Wylar is xals-. I bring this up because these characters' names can still come up in the obscure—but still legitimately-accessible—Battle Test feature.

Also, a few options on the general chapter menu (the one that comes up when you press A on a tile with no unit on it) are inconsistent with official translations:

• Info should be Status.
  • Save should be either Bookmark (Awakening, Fates) or Suspend (every other officially translated Fire Emblem game).

As a final note, I think that "## storages" for the Convoy inventory header looks a little awkward. Maybe try replacing it with...

• "/ 40"
  • "slots"
  • "space"
  • "open"
  • "left"
  • If you can get it to fit using the condensed multi-letter glyphs, you could squeeze in "/40" and then one of the words afterward.

Incidentally, what are you using to do the text editing? I'd love to play around with it a bit, myself.

I'm not sure If I want to bother changing "Saber" and "Wylar" unless you know what addresses their names are locating in. I'll also be sure to change the Info and Save thing, thanks for letting me know. As for the "## storages" text I have it as "## spaces" in the current patch.

For text editing, I'm just using a hex editor and tbl file to edit stuff.

I notice a problem, Catua's name is Cadea for some reason in Chapter 7. I would show you the picture, but my emulator only screen shots .bmps. "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Edited by GamerLord402

I notice a problem, Catua's name is Cadea for some reason in Chapter 7. I would show you the picture, but my emulator only screen shots .bmps. "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Try converting it to PNG or JPG in paint or upload it to imgur.

Here's the evidence:

xc71d8k.png

Darn MarthxKatua fans and their pretending that she's his waifu. Trying to imposter Sheeda, are we?

I've done a little investigating and it seems like a pointer got messed up. Try to change "Caeda" to "Catria"... then Sheeda becomes mislabelled as Katua. Great.

Here's the evidence:

xc71d8k.png

Darn MarthxKatua fans and their pretending that she's his waifu. Trying to imposter Sheeda, are we?

I've done a little investigating and it seems like a pointer got messed up. Try to change "Caeda" to "Catria"... then Sheeda becomes mislabelled as Katua. Great.

What I did was switch the pointers used for Catria's and Caeda's name for space, but I didn't know that the Catria that appears in Ch. 7 and the one you recruit later on are coded as different units. Can you send me a savestate for Chapter 7 so I can try fixing the name thing.

Also, Catria x Marth is the best ship.

Edited by Mega Koopa X

Oh, that screenshot reminds me; "Power" should be "Strength" to match the official translations. It isn't a dual Strength/Magic stat, Magic just straight-up does not exist in FE1.

Yeah, but "Strength" doesn't fit, I've already tried changing it. It just cuts off the "S" and shows up as "trength" in game.

• 1 month later...

Just found this typo. Oh, and another thing, in the credits, if you let someone die, instead of seeing what happened to them, it will just appear gibberish, thanks a lot though for this patch, definitely made it worth to play it again.

Imagen1.png

13 hours ago, Iniktemis said:

Just found this typo. Oh, and another thing, in the credits, if you let someone die, instead of seeing what happened to them, it will just appear gibberish, thanks a lot though for this patch, definitely made it worth to play it again.

Imagen1.png

"It pains be to sat this"

That's actually hilarious, but I'll fix it as soon as I can. I also about the credits thing, I'm having a hard time finding out how to fix it.

8 hours ago, SaltyBucket said:

when Heroes is released and the names are changed like in the choose your legends thing, will you update this patch with those names or keep the Shadow Dragon ones?

Are the names used in Heroes different than the Shadow Dragon ones?

On 25/1/2017 at 8:30 PM, SaltyBucket said:

wait a sec on the first day Draug was Aidraug for some reason, i guess they fixed it. i have no idea what went wrong there

Do you by any chance checked that website in spanish? Because, you know, Draug was a pun, "Draug> Guard", so, it seems that the spanish translators tried to maintain it, "Aidraug> Guardia"

23 hours ago, Iniktemis said:

Do you by any chance checked that website in spanish? Because, you know, Draug was a pun, "Draug> Guard", so, it seems that the spanish translators tried to maintain it, "Aidraug> Guardia"

no i could have sworn that it was in english...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is too much to ask for but I need help editing the character death endings for the epilogue. I know where it's located in the rom and everything but I don't know how to change it to make it look good in the game without playing through the whole game and having people die in every chapter to test it.