Full lineup of English voice actors...?

Pete-of-the-Forge

I stumbled across this article that lists all the voice actors listed in the credits:

http://nintendoeverything.com/full-lineup-of-english-voice-actors-in-fire-emblem-fates/

Are we sure this is everyone? Could there have been a few union actors not listed? I thought people were sure that Vic Mignogna voicing Kaden or that Silas had the same voice as Pit.

Anyway, thoughts? There are a lot of names I don't recognize and many others are ones I do but can't name a single role they did. It's kind of humorous to see Rena Strober and Marisha Ray listed as I'm currently playing Trails of Cold Steel.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they went the money-saving route, it seems. I recognize about a dozen VA's, while Awakening had pretty much an all-star cast of who's who in video game voice acting/anime dubbing.

Though, it is definitely possible that there are others that can't be credited because of union shenanigans (Awakening had several).

Its nice to see it isn't completely littered with the voices we hear everywhere these days, gets tiresome hearing the same people again and again.

Edited by Jedi

Yeah, they went the money-saving route, it seems. I recognize about a dozen VA's, while Awakening had pretty much an all-star cast of who's who in video game voice acting/anime dubbing.

Though, it is definitely possible that there are others that can't be credited because of union shenanigans (Awakening had several).

So? This is a chance for some lesser known actors to get their big break into actual roles. Everyone started somewhere. From what we've seen, it all depends on quality. Knickerbocker for instance is one of the small names, yet her Sakura is excellent. I would wait before calling it cutting costs if these actors are good. I could surmise to say that some could even be better than bigger names.

I am slightly sad to see no Cassandra Lee Morris, Bryce Papenbrook, Wendee Lee, or Cristina Vee. I didn't expect them to play a character tbh, but it would have been nice to see considering they had roles in either Awakening or Xenoblade X.

Its nice to see it isn't completely littered with the voices we hear everywhere these days, gets tiresome hearing the same people again and again.

So? This is a chance for some lesser known actors to get their big break into actual roles. Everyone started somewhere. From what we've seen, it all depends on quality. Knickerbocker for instance is one of the small names, yet her Sakura is excellent. I would wait before calling it cutting costs if these actors are good. I could surmise to say that some could even be better than bigger names.

I am slightly sad to see no Cassandra Lee Morris, Bryce Papenbrook, Wendee Lee, or Cristina Vee. I didn't expect them to play a character tbh, but it would have been nice to see considering they had roles in either Awakening or Xenoblade X.

Very true. It's just that a saw certain people go on about how "the voice actors were clearly selected to save money and no facepetting was probably just another cost cornercutting tactic", and they look kinda right now. Childish, I know.

Let's just hope it turns out better than Type-0.

Edited by The DanMan

Yeah, I think I agree with everyone that fresh talent will make listening to the characters more fun. Still glad remnants of awakening's cast are still here, because even if sometimes the same people get in to all your favorite games, I view voice actors like I do regular actors. The fun of it is seeing how many kinds of roles one person can pull off, and judging what works are their best.

There are so many names I can't recognize at all! This is going to be an interesting dub, because now I can't immediately tell who the VAs are.

That said, Emery, O'Brien, Sheh, Tang and Taylor returning is wonderful news. And it seems Sumia's VA is in Fates as well, I look forward to hearing who she voices.

I do hope Gideon Emery, Stephanie Sheh and Julie Ann Taylor voice their respective FEA expies. Also I hope Karen Strassmen voices Soleil, it would make so much sense! Sadly I don't see Kate Higgins, so that means Ophelia wont have Lissa's voice.

Also I wonder if Laura Bailey will voice anyone else but Lucina.

Bare in mind that some of these could be VA aliases. I've seen a lot of people speculate Otis Paul as an alias for Paul Eiding (Grandpa Max from Ben 10 and Roy Campbell from Metal Gear). Also (since I saw someone point it out), it's been confirmed that Danielle Judovits actually did not play Sumia (and Nah). It was Eden Riegal. I'm curious if this means we might actually get to hear what Danielle really sounds like in this game?

Edited by Avalanche

Jason Adkins is still Ike? I thought as much, though this time I thought he sounded a bit different than the RD Ike I know. But only a little bit, so it's not a big deal. I like how Adkins keeps coming back to voice Ike too, even with the big gap of years between Brawl and Codename Steam (Smash Wii U/3DS just reused Brawl clips). He must enjoy voicing him. ^^ And he's gotten better at it!

But Vic Mignogna isn't Kaden after all. Man, that kinda blows. D: But Kaden still sounds awesome!

I don't think this is the full list, and if it is then there are probably some aliases involved because I'm 99.99% sure Antony Del Rio is the voice of Silas. Like I'm comparing their voices now via a past FE:Fates livestream and an interview involving Antony Del Rio himself and it is dead on, at least imo.

Well, of the VAs I recognize, I'd say it's a pretty solid lineup. Glad to see Sumia's VA back, she was definitely one of my favorites in Awakening. I'm hoping Laura Bailey gets another role outside of Lucina. I'm hearing people say Crimson sounds like her, but I haven't heard her voice yet so I can't make that comparison myself. I could look for the video with her voice but I'm too lazy.

Well, of the VAs I recognize, I'd say it's a pretty solid lineup. Glad to see Sumia's VA back, she was definitely one of my favorites in Awakening. I'm hoping Laura Bailey gets another role outside of Lucina. I'm hearing people say Crimson sounds like her, but I haven't heard her voice yet so I can't make that comparison myself. I could look for the video with her voice but I'm too lazy.

?

Sumia's voice actress isn't here, her name was Eden Riegel.

As for Crimson, I think she's probably Laura Bailey. She sounds really similar.

I understand the whole licensing thing in terms the reasons of probably why there isn't dual audio, but could someone explain the whole union thing to me? I don't know a ton about the voice acting biz so that'd be great.

Also Matthew Mercer being there makes me 100% sure he's Ryoma.

it's been confirmed that Danielle Judovits actually did not play Sumia (and Nah). It was Eden Riegal. I'm curious if this means we might actually get to hear what Danielle really sounds like in this game?

Oh. Well no wonder I've been so confused, I always thought it was strange how Sumia and some of Eden's characters sounded so similar, but all the Wikis insisted she was voiced by Judovits :D But what a shame, I so wanted to hear Eden in Fates.

Apparently these are Danielle's roles, but I'm not familiar with anything listed here.

?

Sumia's voice actress isn't here, her name was Eden Riegel.

Wow, I was so misinformed the past 3 years lol. I always get VAs mixed up anyway so I was always under the assumption that the wiki was right.

Edited by BlackOnslaught

Wow, I was so misinformed the past 3 years lol. I always get VAs mixed up anyway so I was always under the assumption that the wiki was right.

To be fair, everyone was misinformed. Due to one piece of misinformation, pretty much half of Eden's roles were attributed to Danielle.

From what I understand, in an interview with Danielle, she mistook another JRPG she was working on for Tales of Vesperia. Because of that (and the fact that both of them went uncredited in a lot of roles), everyone just assumed Eden was Danielle. As I mentioned, I feel terrible, as I think Eden is a fantastic VA and I hadn't been giving her even half of the credit she really deserves until I found out a few months ago.

Edited by Avalanche

From what I understand, in an interview with Danielle, she mistook another JRPG she was working on for Tales of Vesperia. Because of that (and the fact that both of them went uncredited in a lot of roles), everyone just assumed Eden was Danielle. As I mentioned, I feel terrible, as I think Eden is a fantastic VA and I hadn't been giving her even half of the credit she really deserves until I found out a few months ago.

So, wait... Danielle wasn't Estelle? And it took the better part of a decade for that to be found out?

Wow.

Wow, that sucks. I've heard Eden a lot lately since she's in many Atlus games, and I really like her. I started doubting if the wikis were correct after hearing Eden as Isabeau in Shin Megami Tensei IV, but never looked into it. I'm glad to finally know some of my favorite lines in Awakening were voiced by her!

I probably shouldn't jump to conclusions yet. She wasn't credited in Awakening, so maybe there's a chance she's in Fates. Who knows.

Edited by Carnation