EXP formula?

Caster

So I've heard the exp formula for this game is quite a bit stricter than prior games in the series.

Can someone post how it works in this game?
I don't want to screw myself out of exp in this game, especially since I usually use less overall units than most in general.

Thanks.

I think it was something like:

Player level = Enemy level: 30 Exp for kill, 10 for damage

Player 1 level higher: 25 Exp

Player 2 levels higher: 19 Exp

Player 3 levels higher: 13 Exp

Player 4 levels higher: 7 Exp

Player 5 lavels higher: 3 Exp

Player 6+ levels higher: 1 Exp for kill, no Exp for damage

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Anybody know if lower-leveled units get more exp for killing higher-leveled enemies?

Yes.

Also a sing gain more than 10 EXP when the target has higher level than her.

A unpromoted healer gain more EXP for healing high level.

Killing healers gives less exp, not that there are that many healers

Singing/Healing gives more exp when the target unit is higher leveled than the singing/healing unit. Note that healing exp drops constantly anyway, so a Level 1 healing a Level 1 gains 25 exp with a Heal/Bloom, but a Level 20/1 gets a lot less for healing a 20/1 with a Heal/Bloom. I think it's linear though, but it's not like you can spam the higher level staves and even a Mend/Sun isn't that much of an increase.

Exp goes 30/25/19/13/7/1

I think exp also drops to 0 for killing at a certain point, but what can I say..

..Also this has got to be like the 10th time I'm replying to this kind of question already, man...

Killing healers gives less exp, not that there are that many healers

Singing/Healing gives more exp when the target unit is higher leveled than the singing/healing unit. Note that healing exp drops constantly anyway, so a Level 1 healing a Level 1 gains 25 exp with a Heal/Bloom, but a Level 20/1 gets a lot less for healing a 20/1 with a Heal/Bloom. I think it's linear though, but it's not like you can spam the higher level staves and even a Mend/Sun isn't that much of an increase.

Exp goes 30/25/19/13/7/1

I think exp also drops to 0 for killing at a certain point, but what can I say..

..Also this has got to be like the 10th time I'm replying to this kind of question already, man...

So your exp gain bottoms out one level sooner than I was led to believe...

Whoa, that's intense, really penalizing you for using overleveled units. Is this the same on all difficulty modes?

It's even lower on harder difficulties. EXP gains lower by 5 on hard for each. By 10 on Lunatic. Just like in Thracia776, you couldn't solo maps with your higher levelled units because of the fatigue system. These are two games in the entire series that you are forced to use more than 8 units.

-----

You would only get 1 EXP point after 5 levels on hard and 1 EXP point 4 levels on Lunatic.

It's even lower on harder difficulties. EXP gains lower by 5 on hard for each. By 10 on Lunatic. Just like in Thracia776, you couldn't solo maps with your higher levelled units because of the fatigue system. These are two games in the entire series that you are forced to use more than 8 units.

-----

You would only get 1 EXP point after 5 levels on hard and 1 EXP point 4 levels on Lunatic.

Sweet, this should make this really fun to play! Can't wait for the game to come out!

• 3 months later...

Here's the data I collected.

Notably,
- The EXP formula changes based on what mode you're on (Normal has a MUCH more lenient curve as you gain levels over Lunatic)
- You get a little bit more EXP for attacking paired up enemies (I didn't note the amounts, but it was 3-6 ish for damaging/kill)
- I seem to have gotten 8 EXP for killing an enemy while being 4 levels high on Lunatic, contradicting others' findings of 7 EXP. Could someone verify?