Reclassing Advice

PunkRoseBlitz

Since Fates is around the corner, I have planned on what classes I will reclass into. Since my unit starts off as a Nohr Princess, I planned to reclass her as a Samurai for Astra and maybe Swordfaire. My problem is that I also want to promote to a Great Lord for Aether and Awakening.

So far, my plan is this:

Nohr Princess->Samurai/Swordmaster->Great Lord->Hoshido Noble

Planned skill set: Aether, Awakening, Dragon Fang, Astra, Hoshido

If anyone has advice on what level to reclass to the middle classes, switch their order, etc., I will be eternally grateful.

So, let's see...

Dragon Fang is at lvl 10 of Nohr Princess...

Astra at lvl 5 of Swordmaster

Hoshido at lvl 15 of Hoshido Noble

Aether at 25 and Awakening at 35 of Great Lord... (which correspond respectively to a promoted unit lvl 5 and 15)

We have : Nohr princess -> Hoshido Noble lvl5 -> Swordmaster lvl 5 -> Great Lord lvl 35 -> Hoshido Noble.

But are you sure of that ? You'll have three active skills in it...

Edited by Ledrert

A few questions for specifics:

-Asset/Flaw?

-In-game or postgame?

-What difficulty?

-Grinding or no?

Because you have to keep in mind that Seals are rarer, money is finite without DLC, and you only get so many levels.

-My asset/flaw is +Skill/-Magic, though I might change the flaw to Luck.

-In-Game

-Hard + Casual (just to get the feel of the gameplay before doing Classic and for story reasons lol)

-Since I'm doing Birthright first, I plan to do limited grinding so I can give myself a challenge.

-My asset/flaw is +Skill/-Magic, though I might change the flaw to Luck.

-In-Game

-Hard + Casual (just to get the feel of the gameplay before doing Classic and for story reasons lol)

-Since I'm doing Birthright first, I plan to do limited grinding so I can give myself a challenge.

Why would you want +Skill??? Also, personally, I'd recommend against a Luck flaw...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Is it bad to have +Skill? :( What would you recommend then?

It's more that +Skill isn't that big a help in the grand scheme of things. I'd recommend +Str instead.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

In this game, +Str or +Mag are regarded as the best assets. Honestly, I don't think that your class path is doable if you want to Reclass anyone else. I don't know exactly how many seals you get, mind, but even if you do you won't be getting very much EXP and it could be tedious to train. Really you don't need to have optimized skills, it's just overkill at that point. I'd just go Nohr Princess --> Samurai --> Swordmaster. If you really wanted to you could jump back to Hoshido Noble, but if you do wind up running +Str/-Mag, your speed won't be anything to write home about, whereas with Swordmaster you will still be able to do a ton of damage and you will never have to worry about Spd problems. However, you will mostly just be fighting slow Nohr enemies, so you should be fine.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

In this game, +Str or +Mag are regarded as the best assets. Honestly, I don't think that your class path is doable if you want to Reclass anyone else. I don't know exactly how many seals you get, mind, but even if you do you won't be getting very much EXP and it could be tedious to train. Really you don't need to have optimized skills, it's just overkill at that point. I'd just go Nohr Princess --> Samurai --> Swordmaster. If you really wanted to you could jump back to Hoshido Noble, but if you do wind up running +Str/-Mag, your speed won't be anything to write home about, whereas with Swordmaster you will still be able to do a ton of damage and you will never have to worry about Spd problems. However, you will mostly just be fighting slow Nohr enemies, so you should be fine.

Thanks for the help! I'll take this into consideration for my first playthrough. ^_^ Edited by PunkRoseBlitz

Oh, it's perfectly doable. Her build only uses one Heart Seal early on, and one in the late game where they're infinitely buyable. First seal from the shop can go to Corrin, and that leaves the ch 13 and seal from the second shop to someone else. Or you could even use the ch 13 on Corrin and the first seal on someone else since Corrin doesn't need to go Samurai asap. The skill-stacking is overkill, but it's still fun.

why does everyone say skill isn't good as an asset?

A few extra points of skill don't mean much in the long run relative to a few extra points of Str, Mag, Speed, or even Defence.

A few extra points of skill don't mean much in the long run relative to a few extra points of Str, Mag, Speed, or even Defence.)

oh I see I guess I'll invest in something else. (time to look at what all the stats do!) thank you for your response!

EDIT; what would be a good asset/flaw build if I'm going to pair wit Beruka?

Edited by goldenlance7

Go with +Spd -Def if you love your daughter whatsoever. Beruka's Spd is bad. Unfortunately her Str is, too, but that only counts for postgame, and this is in-game.

E: You could also just throw Spd to the wind, go with +Str -Mag, be in a speedy sword-wielding class like Palidin, Hero, or Swordmaster (only in Revelations), and pass Beruka and Kanna Knight for Defensive Formation. Tanky family (+Corrin)!

Edited by JothTheConqueror

Now I don't have to worry about having two butlers and two Hoshido Nobles. XD I plan on giving Dwyer the Hoshido skill (with Luna from Jakob) so I don't know how early it'll be. And then Kanna will get the same skills since he will not be a Hoshido Noble. Thanks again!

Edited by PunkRoseBlitz

Of course! Do take into account with Kanna and Dwyer will have slightly lower Spd than Corrin, and won't have Yato. Shouldn't be too much of a problem, though. Also Dwyer can get Luna and Hosh by himself. Just recruit him ASAP (his chapter is stupid easy, literally all you have to do is have Kaze/Saizo/Kagero to open the door you start by and kill the boss) to get him to GK, then Hosh Noble, then Pally. Kanna can wait, though, because he already has weapon ranks.

Will take note of that! I'd figure that giving Dwyer Hoshido and Luna by inheriting the skills would be faster so I could promote him into a Paladin. I'll just have to see and wait. :P

Edited by PunkRoseBlitz

In order to get all the skills she want, she'd need three heart seals and the greatlord seal (whetever its name is). I'd do it like this:

Nohr Princess (to level 10 at least)-> Samurai (with at least two level ups)-> Greatlord (instead of promoting until level 35, equivalent to 20/15)-> Swordmaster (to get the skills, lvl to 20/17)-> Hoshido Noble (Final class)

@goldenlance7, it's just that a few points of Str, Mag, or Spd are worth more than a few points of Skl in the long run.

Does speed work like how it did in Awakening by increasing your ability to double hit? I've read some things that say "decrease your ability to hit twice" instead of "lower your speed" which has me somewhat confused. However speed works in this game will probably affect my choice of picking it or Str/Mag. I'm assuming Luck is the best flaw to have?

Does speed work like how it did in Awakening by increasing your ability to double hit? I've read some things that say "decrease your ability to hit twice" instead of "lower your speed" which has me somewhat confused. However speed works in this game will probably affect my choice of picking it or Str/Mag. I'm assuming Luck is the best flaw to have?

Speed also increased your evasion. Assuming it does the same here, reducing your double-striking ability doesn't decrease your evasion. That's the reason why now faire skills don't affect strength or magic. In Awakening you could increase staves range and power by equipping the right weapon, in Fates it only affects the damage.

Speed also increased your evasion. Assuming it does the same here, reducing your double-striking ability doesn't decrease your evasion. That's the reason why now faire skills don't affect strength or magic. In Awakening you could increase staves range and power by equipping the right weapon, in Fates it only affects the damage.

Actually didn't know about the evasion thing. That makes a lot of sense now actually, thanks for the info!

In order to get all the skills she want, she'd need three heart seals and the greatlord seal (whetever its name is). I'd do it like this:

Nohr Princess (to level 10 at least)-> Samurai (with at least two level ups)-> Greatlord (instead of promoting until level 35, equivalent to 20/15)-> Swordmaster (to get the skills, lvl to 20/17)-> Hoshido Noble (Final class)

That will be useful when I do a Hard/Classic run in a second playthrough on Birthright. :)