The Final Stretch! (For North America)

Kaze

With it being February 14 (a.k.a. Valentine's Day...), we are now officially FIVE days away from Fire Emblem Fates' North American release date! I figure we can use this as a final stretch countdown till Fates.

(To the mods: If there's already a topic for this, feel free to lock this one)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels like it was yesterday when Fates was released in Japan lol

I may have work on the same day, but there's no doubt that I will be playing the game until I have to go back to school/work on Tuesday!

Edited by PunkRoseBlitz

If my SE arrives on release day, I kind of want to get out of school early. Or, since our mail gets here at 3PM, which is 20 minutes before school is out, I may ask to be picked up, considering its a 20-30 minute walk home. I just wanna play it as soon as possible. :p

Provided there's no complications with the ship to store thing (Hyrule Warriors was there day of release for me so I have that to try to lower my anxiety), I have the entire weekend to play with my SE nonstop. I'm taking full advantage of this period of time of not working or being student. This is probably the only game I'll get to have nothing to stop me from playing it when it first comes out so I'm going to enjoy that to my fullest.

I hope the Europeans/Australians get their date soon enough. I'd be crying if in their shoes.

I didn't get it when the SE was released, but my boyfriend's giving me his copy, so it'll probably be a delay.

However I plan to put a runthrough of all three routes on here, first time on all of them.

Birthright, Conquest, and Revelations. Hopefully in that order.

I'm so excited! I have physical copies of Birthright and Conquest arriving from Amazon.ca since my boyfriend is buying the games for me and he's from the U.S. Alas we missed out on SE (if .ca ever even had it--sometimes .ca gets skipped on harder to get items) so two physical copies it is. One of my brothers has already bought me a card to get Revelation when it becomes available in March. I'm busy finalizing how I want to set things up for my first Birthright playthrough (still debating which difficulty / death consequence I'll end up doing). My brother is planning to use my copy of Conquest since I "can't play both at once". Probably for the best--Birthright should probably get done first.

I'm thinking of going Ninja or Samurai for Birthright's Corrin (Chisuzu) and I'm still working out what class I want for Nohr. Also planning to marry Jakob my first go around if that means anything. I'm still stuck on my asset / flaw, though. Thoughts?

I don't have any work on Friday, so I'm good to go in that regard. I just have to hope that my local Gamestahp has Special Editions for sale; from what I understand some Gamestops have been getting SE stock that they're not allowed to put up for pre-order?

If I can't get the SE then I'll try and get it after the pre-order window expires and they go up for grabs, but if that fails then I guess I'll just mope for the rest of eternity. Or just get Birthright, whichever's easiest.

I'm thinking of going Ninja or Samurai for Birthright's Corrin (Chisuzu) and I'm still working out what class I want for Nohr. Also planning to marry Jakob my first go around if that means anything. I'm still stuck on my asset / flaw, though. Thoughts?

I'm having Samurai as my secondary class, and since I'm also marrying Jakob, I recommend +Strength/-Magic. I got this advice from a forum I started today and the only problem you'll have is the speed, but it'll be worth it for Dwyre and Kana. Hope this helps!

I'm pretty stoked honestly. It's been a long wait, my heart is crying for people waiting on a European release date. I work from today until Thursday, and I pre ordered a physical copy of Conquest from Best Buy, so here's hoping it'll be there for me on release day! I'm starting to feel a little nervous about it buuut I'm hopeful that everything will go smoothly.

So to all of you excited young'uns waiting for this game, what are you looking forward to the most? Story? Gameplay? Characters? It's pretty interesting to see the hype as someone who's already played the game since I feel rather detached from it all. It's going to be fun to read the reviews though.