The Final Stretch! (For North America)

Kaze

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There might be a SLIM chance for those that pre-loaded that it could be available tonight... when I checked it yesterday around 7PM (Eastern) it said it had 1 day left until it was available. I could be wrong though, but either way, I intend to play it for an hour tonight at midnight and then a lot more tomorrow after I get out of work early.

I'm so excited for this. I love this series so much and have played nearly every game in the series so far (New Mystery of the Emblem ruining my streak!) yet this will be the first of the series I've been able to have shiny and new on launch day. I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a game to launch.

One day left, folks! Shame I'm probably going to wait for weeks to get it myself, and possibly years since my mother is kind of iffy when it comes to T-rated games.

If it wasn't for your mom, you could consider the digital version...

^ Especially since she doesn't have to see what you're buying in that route...

^ Speaking of digital, almost 9-10 hours away from digital(Eshop) launch, as eShop goes by Eastern Daylight Time, so "9-10 hours" because I don't know if that means eShop buyers can play it after the stroke of 9 PM AZ time, or 10 PM AZ time, as DST is not being observed right now in the states, but since AZ doesn't observe DST anyway...

So, should we spam this thread with random nonsense to keep the Americans entertained for a few hours? I figure a lot of you are just pacing around your rooms waiting for the game - kind of like I did last summer. Shut up, it was between two semesters and I had nothing better to do.

Day 4 of wearing a Fire Emblem shirt until Fire Emblem Fates is out! http://kazeninja17.tumblr.com/post/139571813480/day-4-of-wearing-a-fire-emblem-shirt-until-fire

Repping Team Nohr today. Tomorrow I represent Team Hoshido!

(This shirt was bought during one of The Yetee's 24 hour tshirt specials)

So, should we spam this thread with random nonsense to keep the Americans entertained for a few hours? I figure a lot of you are just pacing around your rooms waiting for the game - kind of like I did last summer. Shut up, it was between two semesters and I had nothing better to do.

You know, im like "omg omg omg omg soooooon~" Like, the first thing i do tomorrow, will be putting on trousers and going to get my game. Im not even gonna wait for Gamestop to call me. Im not even gonna bother with putting on makeup! Who cares if i scare the poor Gamestop employees, ITS FIRE EMBLEM! GIMME GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMME

Day 4 of wearing a Fire Emblem shirt until Fire Emblem Fates is out! http://kazeninja17.tumblr.com/post/139571813480/day-4-of-wearing-a-fire-emblem-shirt-until-fire

Repping Team Nohr today. Tomorrow I represent Team Hoshido!

(This shirt was bought during one of The Yetee's 24 hour tshirt specials)

I like that shirt!

You know, im like "omg omg omg omg soooooon~" Like, the first thing i do tomorrow, will be putting on trousers and going to get my game. Im not even gonna wait for Gamestop to call me. Im not even gonna bother with putting on makeup! Who cares if i scare the poor Gamestop employees, ITS FIRE EMBLEM! GIMME GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMME

Funny story, I temporarily worked in a small, poor country in 2011 and I was eagerly waiting for Skyrim - up until that point, I had never been more excited for a game.

Of course, when I woke up that fateful day of 2011/11/11, I realized that Steam in that particular country didn't actually sell the game for whatever reason. It worked out in the end, but for a moment there, I really wanted to punch something - and I'm very glad no one was around that could understand my mother tongue and its many colorful curse words.

When Pokemon X/Y was released, I got it ASAP and then disappeared for 48 hours until I finished it. My boyfriend at the time was absolutely furious I didn't talk to him at all, lol. I feel like I'm about to do the same, as soon as my SE arrives at my doorstep.

Funny story, I temporarily worked in a small, poor country in 2011 and I was eagerly waiting for Skyrim - up until that point, I had never been more excited for a game.

Of course, when I woke up that fateful day of 2011/11/11, I realized that Steam in that particular country didn't actually sell the game for whatever reason. It worked out in the end, but for a moment there, I really wanted to punch something - and I'm very glad no one was around that could understand my mother tongue and its many colorful curse words.

oh man. Thats the pits. I think i know a thing or two about your mother tongue's very colorful curse words.lmao

I remember when Path of Radiance came out, i actually went and got it while i was on break from work. There was a game store right in the same complex, so i didnt even have to get in the car.

The only game I've ever pre-ordered was Persona 3: Portable, in which, after finding out I couldn't romance Junpei, I became a statue of salt.

Ironically, the female route is the only route I can play without grimacing. Persona 4 was my first Persona game, followed by Persona 3: FES but Portable is the only one I can play without squinting really hard. They really need to introduce female protagonists. Like, I understand the whole "predominately male gamer" thing but, like, c'mon. The female protagonist (who I affectionately refer to as Haruka Minami) was obviously the superior one--though I do prefer Minato over Yu.

I know this has nothing to do with Fates but I needed something else to talk about because I pre-downloaded the game and I HAVE LIKE FOUR MORE HOURS TO WAIT!

Edited by SaiSymbolic

oh man. Thats the pits. I think i know a thing or two about your mother tongue's very colorful curse words.lmao

I remember when Path of Radiance came out, i actually went and got it while i was on break from work. There was a game store right in the same complex, so i didnt even have to get in the car.

You do? I feel so exposed and less mysterious now.

The only game I've ever pre-ordered was Persona 3: Portable, in which, after finding out I couldn't romance Junpei, I became a statue of salt.

Ironically, the female route is the only route I can play without grimacing. Persona 4 was my first Persona game, followed by Persona 3: FES but Portable is the only one I can play without squinting really hard. They really need to introduce female protagonists. Like, I understand the whole "predominately male gamer" thing but, like, c'mon. The female protagonist (who I affectionately refer to as Haruka Minami) was obviously the superior one--though I do prefer Minato over Yu.

I know this has nothing to do with Fates but I needed something else to talk about because I pre-downloaded the game and I HAVE LIKE FOUR MORE HOURS TO WAIT!

At least in the Portable version every character gets a social link and character progression, so you can't summarize Akihiko with "training, dark past (like everyone), speaks in clichés" any more.

On a related note (but unrelated to the original topic), Junpei's social link is pretty darn good actually. I still can't get over how bad the Magician social link in the original version is. Who thought it was a good idea to not focus on the playable cast but instead write about the likes of Kenji?

Edited by Thane

P3p was really impressive. They completely rewrote the game for the female protagonist. But they still refused to break up canon pairings to allow a junpei romance.

At least in the Portable version every character gets a social link and character progression, so you can't summarize Akihiko with "training, dark past (like everyone), speaks in clichés" any more.

On a related note (but unrelated to the original topic), Junpei's social link is pretty darn good actually. I still can't get over how bad the Magician social link in the original version is. Who thought it was a good idea to not focus on the playable cast but instead write about the likes of Kenji?

Exactly. The Junpei Magician S-Link had to be my favorite. I understand there were story line reasons for making Junpei friendship-only but, like, they didn't have to sink my ship, bruh. Adding insult to injury, Akihiko was technically the only romance-able S-link, in my eyes. They wouldn't even let me romance Bebe or Hidetoshi, my backup boyfriends. I mean, seriously, who were the remaining options?

There was Ken, who I romanced merely for completion and not particularly because I found him romance-able. The option was there so I took it. Shinijiro, who was technically dead for the majority of the game and a waste of EXP the first time I ever played Persona 3. There's Theodore, who makes me legit cry every time I romance him because of the heartbreak. Finally, there's Ryoji, who you have to jump through hoops for with those S-link flags, only for the inevitable to happen.

I love Akihiko (technically Liam O'Brian's voice) but I didn't want to be with him. I want my Stupei, Ace Defective. Damn it.

Oh, yeah, back on topic... Still got like four hours left.

Edited by SaiSymbolic