Will you try playing Birthright and Conquest concurrently?

The DanMan

126 members have voted

1. 1. Will you play the Birthright and Conquest routes concurrently?

• Yes, absolutely.
    • Maybe; depends on what I feel like doing after I've got my hands on the game.
    • Probably not; I want to take them one at a time.
    • No, I'll definitely play them one at a time.
    • I'm only getting one route

So, something that I'm personally planning to do is play both routes back to back; that is, I'll alternate between routes every chapter post-split. So I'd go Chapter 7 Nohr->Chapter 7 Hoshido->Chapter 8 Nohr->Chapter 8 Hoshido-> etc, etc.

I then decided "Why not make a poll and see what other people plan to do?"

And here it is.

Edited by The DanMan

I was going to originally but then I thought that I would get burnt out and have a hard time playing Revelation.

I may when I actually get the game though.

I only have one game physically and that is Birthright. I'm going to play through it first and then when I am done, I'll download Conquest. After Conquest, I'm going to do Hoshido again but try to get different supports, etc. Same with Conquest. Once I can get Revelations, I'll being playing that a few times.

Modified the wording of the fourth option slightly so it didn't come off as redundant.

Interesting that I seem to be in the minority. I don't quite care if I get burnt out and don't immediately play Revelations; it seems to be the worst of the three routes.

Probably will tackle them one at the time for the sake of focusing in what am I doing in each. Although it would be interesting to see how the parallels play out almost side by side, I guess I would enjoy each route more playing them to the fullest before starting another.

I think the title should say "concurrently" meaning playing two routes at the same time.

Anyway, I will probably just play through Birthright first, then Conquest, then Revelation with the same Avatar at least once on Hard/Classic.

I thought about doing that, but I'll play it how Nintendo recommends that I play Fates: Birthright -> Conquest -> Revelation.

I want to appreciate each campaign for what it is first. I'll be able to make a better analysis that way.

Definately one at a time. I may skip Birthright for now and come back to it later on. I do plan on playing Conquest and Revalation though. And definately multiple playthroughs. My decision for Birthright will be decided by if I like the Hoshido characters after Revalation or not, since overall the kingdom doesn't really interest me.

I was pretty sure I was going to play one at a time, the question was just which one first, but now I'm having second thoughts. Considering I am getting the special edition so getting different routes isn't an issue, I might just do both and switch every few chapters or so to see where and how the stories diverge and differ (it'll also help me put the different parts into perspective for a fic I want to write where I mesh the two stories as much as possible while still making some sense).

Still not entirely sure yet.

I'm not going to play them concurrently on purpose, but I might end up doing so anyway since I'd have to borrow my friend's SE to play Conquest while simultaneously playing my copy of Birthright.

I was initially planning to do this, actually, but then my little brother was like "Wait. Why do I need to buy a copy of Fates? You're getting them both physically, I'll borrow one of yours." So... that's out the window, at least for now. I do want to do that eventually, though. Likely once I've beaten them both as individual campaigns. I think I'd be able to pick up on more of the contrasts in story, character, etc. that way, and that still does interest me. My brother is going to go through once and pretty much be done, whereas I have several things planned for my games.

I'm going to do this! I tend to be really bad at playing only one game at a time anyway. Currently I'm playing Ultra Despair Girls and replaying Virtue's Last Reward. Before that I was jumping between the three GBA Fire Emblems and before that I was switching between Tales of Xillia, Hearts and Vesperia.

Fates format means I can manage to switch with just one game, instead of various. I only wish I had managed to get hold of the SE so I could do revelations at the same time too.