So im on Chapter 13 of FE12. This chapter is beating my ass hard.

Units Used:

http://i.imgur.com/mu1FPWM.jpg

Is there anything else i should try? I beat this chapter in FE3 like this, but that was years ago. I have tried a few strategies such as splitting my army in half and covering both routes. Then the Wyverns come down and double any of my magic users except my MU. Then i tried going through the left path only and then the enemies from the right path catch up to me and then just jump everyone.

Side Note: I'm trying to recruit Beck and reach 13x. And a ton of my other units are terrible.

Edited by Badbot5000

One can still tell from the unit roster that Catria and Caeda should get promoted to function, unless you don't have any master seals (extremely unlikely). Ditch someone (Linde or Merric are probably overkill in terms of magic users) for Feena. Try to press into one direction at the start (either left or right, you might want to go right for the chest), but use your spare units to deal damage against the other enemy wave to avoid getting overwhelmed eventually. Make use of Feena so an Excalibur user can stand within range of one wyvern on turn 2 and OHKO them on counter, and kill the other next turn.

. . .and that doesn't tell me much.What are the stats of the deployed units? And how much gold do you have?

Yeah, sorry about that. Well, here you go

http://m.imgur.com/gNLUtu5,oPr8OTx,yshlqcY,iokTCuU,GS6c5hi,sSFBfpv,TJQd49d,LzR2ZlC,rxPWpyX,3qSkeJc,T9QUfUi,VDSx51I

I also have every other unit possible until this point i have not trained alot of them though, because there is just so many and tons of them are bad.

One can still tell from the unit roster that Catria and Caeda should get promoted to function, unless you don't have any master seals (extremely unlikely). Ditch someone (Linde or Merric are probably overkill in terms of magic users) for Feena. Try to press into one direction at the start (either left or right, you might want to go right for the chest), but use your spare units to deal damage against the other enemy wave to avoid getting overwhelmed eventually. Make use of Feena so an Excalibur user can stand within range of one wyvern on turn 2 and OHKO them on counter, and kill the other next turn.

i have no more Master Seals... I know im terrible... Edited by Badbot5000

I'd ditch both Linde and Merric. Give Aura to Clara and Excalibur to Etzel. That should free up two spots on your roster. Deploy Feena. For the final spot, it depends on whether or not you have male class sets unlocked AND the Chapter 8 Arms Scroll. If it's "yes" to both, you can throw all sanity out of the window and reclass Jake to Sniper, use the Arms Scroll, and have him Parthia things to death. Otherwise, Jeorge should be able to lay down a hell of a lot of hurt with Parthia. Next up, I'd reclass Darros to Hero, so that he'll get some durability and speed. I'd seriously consider ditching Catria for Palla - Catria has 2 HP and 2 SPD on Palla, but Palla has 2 STR and lance rank on Catria, and you'll want the offense on this map.

Distribute those star shards! The defensive ones should go to the front-line units, while the offensive ones go on the units that are short of ORKOing/doubling. I don't know if you managed to use the Secret Shop last chapter, but if you did, the dragon-slaying weapons will be a huge help.

As for strategy, feint to the right, and take out the first group. Heal up, then pick off the second group, but start to split your party. By now, the wyverns should've spawned. Have Jeorge + Etzel + Feena wait on one side, and everyone else wait on the other. Once the wyverns start bearing down, use Excalibur and Parthia to wipe them off of the map. On the other side, lead off with units who won't be doubled/ORKO'd, and then clean up with everyone else. Once the reinforcement spam is over, Marth can talk to Beck, then walk across the river. Clear out the boss area, and that should be it. IIRC, the alternate gaiden condition is to kill both thieves.

http://m.imgur.com/ALa4QmH,kfdftar,Z8UKUIt,k8cRPNq,gRfqNOt,AE10rKQ,MyR8e4z,FerTspA,9h0eUf9,oIQfSrU,zTHiRVf

New team, i will try this team and that strategy. I will probably fail this a few times (I'm nowhere near good at this series, just look at how my team was before this, i was not even smart enough to use the star shards!) but I feel confident this time. And I always have the Rainbow Potion BUT I HATE HAVING TO USE THAT!

Will edit this reply later stating if I have had success with this or not.

Questions: Why are you using Marth that much? Where is Julian? Why are you not using Sirius? (Start using Sirius. You still have time.) What difficulty is this? Why have you not used the reclassing system to change fighters/Cavaliers into Knights and destroy the battlefield? Why are you not using Barst or at this point, Belf as your main axe user? Why am I still asking questions? Why!? Sorry for the spam of questions.

Questions: Why are you using Marth that much? Where is Julian? Why are you not using Sirius? (Start using Sirius. You still have time.) What difficulty is this? Why have you not used the reclassing system to change fighters/Cavaliers into Knights and destroy the battlefield? Why are you not using Barst or at this point, Belf as your main axe user? Why am I still asking questions? Why!? Sorry for the spam of questions.

1: I like to have Marth in the front lines because I try to get maps done fast, I have other units on the front lines too, but the AI in this game really favors trying to get Marth dead (I don't know whats causing this.)

2: I never use Thieves for combat. I will only bring them out when I see that it is worth going for the Chests. I always bring him for indoor maps.

3: He's a Pre-Promote that you get really early in the game so I did not really use him. so far I have only used him for 1 Map. And no, I don't really look up Growth Rates. (Should I?)

4: Classic Hard.

5: Not really used to the Reclassing System yet... I used it in Shadow Dragon awhile back, but since then I have played a lot of the older games and I like playing it normally... (Yes, I know that sounds strange.)

6: Not a giant fan of Axes period. and like I said above, I don't look up Growth Rates.

7: I don't really know, why are you? Kappa

8: It's okay, I kinda like answering questions actually.

Edited by Badbot5000

Swap Scorpio and whatever's giving Etzel the Strength boost - Darros needs to be fast enough to double the Ice Dragons, and IIRC he should be able to take a hit from them. Libra to Ogma, because Luke should have enough support with Clara to negate Ice Dragon crits. Uhh. . .if you have any Silver weapons, now's a good time to hack 'em out (as in, Silver Sword on Ogma), since it looks like you don't have any dragon-slaying ones.

I forgot about Sirius, but his crappy Luck's gonna be a problem. Sirius can probably wait until the next chapter, where having Javelins is a good thing!

Sucess! This chapter is finally conquerd!

Final Team:

http://m.imgur.com/sVo7ob4,rOviU9L,XFe4HSI,sCy6qVm,7kxcqob,IVajHbS,LkBhvkQ,Qz6xdj7,Bq3CFY3,FgXfCvI,qSjhYW8,sPB7M2p,0Qp98h1

Had to do some jank stuff in order to get past the final parts of the chapter.

Do you have the Thief Staff? If you do, you might want to use that turn one on this chest:

Diu9mbz.png

because it holds a Dragonpike that you can give to Palla or Luke to help make murdering the ice dragons easier.

Yeah sorry... A little too late there. Oh well. I believe Minerva came with one, and i dont use her. And also, yes, i did have the Theif Staff, i beleive it has about 3 uses left

And yes, doing this, i was able to reach 13x with the turn count method.

EDIT: Who should get the Master Seal?

Edited by Badbot5000

Hmm. . .I'd use the base arena to give Palla 2-3 levels, then promote her. The next chapter consists of fast and frail or bulky and hits like a truck with unneeded crit.

Hmm. . .I'd use the base arena to give Palla 2-3 levels, then promote her. The next chapter consists of fast and frail or bulky and hits like a truck with unneeded crit.

yes, I see...