Europeans unite thread

Skipper

As we are approaching the very exciting but still heartdrenching US release date for Fire Emblem Fates, I thought we should have a thread where we can unite and together go through this difficult time. Spoilers everywhere like landmines, temptations like Livestreams and walkthroughs in every corner. It's tuff living in Europe right now. Not only do we have to wait, but we don't even know how long we're going to have to wait.

Everyone who is living in Europe right now - how do you deal with all this? Have you decided to go media blackout or have you decided to watch a playthrough of someone you enjoy watching? What games are you going to play in the meantime?

I'm currently deciding whether to watch a playthrough or maybe just the beginning or if I should go full blackout, but it is damn hard to wait! Playing through Bravely Default for the first time right now since Bravely second comes out earlier in Europe so I decided to give it a shot, absolutely recommend to check it out if you want a RPG to play while waiting!

I feel especially frustrated about one thing - and that is that in Europe we probably have to translate the game to German, French etc. Which I'm pretty sure is partly the reason to why it is taking longer but I'm from Sweden, I will only get the English version anyway. I feel like they should release the english version atleast digitally beforehand and then have a retail release with all the languages, it just feels so irritating and meaningless to have to wait ( If this now actually is one of the reasons to why it takes so long)

Leave your thoughts!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been of the opinion that English-speaking Europe and Australia should get the English version with a simultaneous release with NA, if not a bit after, but that's unfair to non-English speakers and I enjoy playing in Italian, too. Honestly why did they region-lock the 3DS.

Ultimately I've already played the JP version so I've been spoiled for everything. It may make the wait for my Australian Special Edition even harder, but I'm not going to go on a blackout for spoilers. I think I'm going to follow along on here to find out more about changes and localisation quirks and how they've done this or that.

I know I'm an American but you should wait! I have managed to stay pretty far away from spoilers in order to preserve the suspense of the story. I would suggest going through your backlog. That is what I am doing. I graduated this December and as I wait for graduate school, I'm playing catch up on all the games I haven't beaten. I really agree that they should release the English everywhere at the same time.

Well it is hard ... plain and simple, hard as f*ck ... To me it looks like iv been waiting almost a year now and still nothing from Nintendo regarding the release date ...
I will play the game in English and i still have to wait ... At least we had dual audio or something that would justify the longer wait i wouldn't mind at all ...
I have already done all the Marriage Charts and i am quite spoiled but i don't mind since playing is so much different form listening/reading/watching
I am playing Starcraft 2 In PC and Final Fantasy Tactics Grimoire of the Rift in the 3ds (Even though the game is for DS) played Awakening more then 15 times kinda tired right now I JUST WANT FATES
So yeah guys let us give hands and pray to naga while we wait

I really agree that they should release the English everywhere at the same time.

Australia and Europe is historically considered to be in the "PAL" region but it really doesn't matter for handheld consoles. (Even if home consoles support different video outputs: NTSC, PAL...)

Why Nintendo did put a region lock on the 3DS?

My heart is with you, European players.

Edited by Naughx

On another note, do you think we will be able to connect in MyCastle with North American people, or will we be limited to European players only?

I hope we (European) can play with NA people but i kinda find it hard to happen somehow

I play in English anyway because games barely ever get translated in my first language, so this is a little frustrating... But sadly I'm used to waiting. I just wish we knew the release date already. But I like to look on the bright side - at least Fates isn't an (non-Persona) Atlus game, then it would take six or so months until it would comes out here. I'm still expecting Fates to come out here before summer. don't fail me now NoE

I know quite a few spoilers already, but I seriously consider avoiding English Fates stuff. Seeing all these pre-release videos made me realize how much I enjoy the localization and I kinda don't want to experience most of it beforehand. All I really want to know is the voice acting for every character, after that I'll most likely leave the forum for a while and stop visiting certain Youtube channels etc.

As for what I'm going to do while waiting... I'll play Virtue's Last Reward again (gotta prepare for Zero Time Dilemma!), finish Shin Megami Tensei IV, maaaybe finally play Tales of the Abyss (it was the first game I purchased for 3DS and I still haven't beaten it) and Radiant Historia. I have few PS2 games that need my attention as well.

Edited by Carnation

I've already spoiled myself on the whole game when it released in Japan. So no need to go on a media blackout now.

If only Nintendo didn't region lock the 3DS, then we wouldn't even need to discuss whether English speaking PAL countries should get games first or not...

Well, it's not like I don't have anything else to play in the meantime. I have an awful backlog of JRPGs which I could start while I wait and I'm going to get Bravely Second at the end of the month as well. Also I know I'll spend a lot of time refreshing Amazon and other website hoping for pre-orders of the LE to go up, haha.

Aussie here.

I plan to watch some of the play-throughs for the voice actors and stuff but apart from that I already know everything that happens in every path but revelations anyways.

To pass the time I'll be working on my fates fic and uni work. Majors don't just get themselves done after all.

I'd just like to know a release date honestly. I knew this would probably happen so I spoiled myself on everything straight away so that I could at least enjoy reading the discussions, watching videos and such over the last few months.

I have a few games that I still haven't even started because Xenoblade Chronicles X has kept me occupied for two months longer than I thought it would and will probably still keep me playing for another month or two at this rate. The wait is bearable when my attention is focused on something else but most of the people I talk to online will have the game soon and I won't really be able to join in on most of the conversations they have about it which blows.

I don't expect any added bonuses for the PAL release but it would be a nice gesture if they did.

Doesn't the majority of gamers play in english anyway, even in France, Italy etc.?

When the games propose an english only game ! x) Such as Tales of the Abyss, Project X Zone and Ace Attorney Dual Destinies.

Well, on my side, like I said in another topic, I think I'll follow a let's play of the american version. To see the features and getting used to the english voices (since I'm not optimistic about the dual audio in Europe).

And I think I'll finish some Fire Emblem Games I didn't finish already (Rekka no Ken, New Mystery of The Emblem).

But I can't wait to have the game !

To be honest, I'd be feeling a lot easier if they had just given a release date, even if it is a few months away. That way I could at least forget about the game for a while to avoid being spoiled. The problem is, a lot of spoilers will be everywhere, so it'll be hard to read/watch FE content without coming across something.

I'm just hoping that in the meantime they release some interesting DLC to get the interest levels up by the time we get the game.

I feel all of you guys!

I've always been of the opinion that English-speaking Europe and Australia should get the English version with a simultaneous release with NA, if not a bit after, but that's unfair to non-English speakers and I enjoy playing in Italian, too. Honestly why did they region-lock the 3DS.

Ultimately I've already played the JP version so I've been spoiled for everything. It may make the wait for my Australian Special Edition even harder, but I'm not going to go on a blackout for spoilers. I think I'm going to follow along on here to find out more about changes and localisation quirks and how they've done this or that.

I still think it would be more fair if there was an early English release, I don't think that would be unfair for non-english speakers because naturally it will take longer time to translate, but they're waiting for something they will actually use, right now I'm just waiting for something that I can't even use lol Swedish won't even be in the game. If I had something I actually was waiting for it would be easier but now I'm just waiting to play the exact same game as the US version but I just have to wait longer!
I feel you, just enjoy it!

I know I'm an American but you should wait! I have managed to stay pretty far away from spoilers in order to preserve the suspense of the story. I would suggest going through your backlog. That is what I am doing. I graduated this December and as I wait for graduate school, I'm playing catch up on all the games I haven't beaten. I really agree that they should release the English everywhere at the same time.

Yeah you're probably right! If we only had a release date so we'd know for how long! But just keep away from spoilers and play other games then the release date will pop up - hopefully not too long from now!

Doesn't the majority of gamers play in english anyway, even in France, Italy etc.?

Yes exactly! I would never ever play it in Swedish if that would ever be possible lol it would be so wierd.

Well it is hard ... plain and simple, hard as f*ck ... To me it looks like iv been waiting almost a year now and still nothing from Nintendo regarding the release date ...
I will play the game in English and i still have to wait ... At least we had dual audio or something that would justify the longer wait i wouldn't mind at all ...
I have already done all the Marriage Charts and i am quite spoiled but i don't mind since playing is so much different form listening/reading/watching
I am playing Starcraft 2 In PC and Final Fantasy Tactics Grimoire of the Rift in the 3ds (Even though the game is for DS) played Awakening more then 15 times kinda tired right now I JUST WANT FATES
So yeah guys let us give hands and pray to naga while we wait

I feel you! There are other games to play sure but we just want Fates lol! * joining hands*
It's going to be a damn party when the game releases in Europe/Australia!

Australia and Europe is historically considered to be in the "PAL" region but it really doesn't matter for handheld consoles. (Even if home consoles support different video outputs: NTSC, PAL...)

Why Nintendo did put a region lock on the 3DS?

My heart is with you, European players.

I thank you!

I play in English anyway because games barely ever get translated in my first language, so this is a little frustrating... But sadly I'm used to waiting. I just wish we knew the release date already. But I like to look on the bright side - at least Fates isn't an (non-Persona) Atlus game, then it would take six or so months until it would comes out here. I'm still expecting Fates to come out here before summer. don't fail me now NoE

I know quite a few spoilers already, but I seriously consider avoiding English Fates stuff. Seeing all these pre-release videos made me realize how much I enjoy the localization and I kinda don't want to experience most of it beforehand. All I really want to know is the voice acting for every character, after that I'll most likely leave the forum for a while and stop visiting certain Youtube channels etc.

As for what I'm going to do while waiting... I'll play Virtue's Last Reward again (gotta prepare for Zero Time Dilemma!), finish Shin Megami Tensei IV, maaaybe finally play Tales of the Abyss (it was the first game I purchased for 3DS and I still haven't beaten it) and Radiant Historia. I have few PS2 games that need my attention as well.

Yeah you're right, could have been alot worse! Hopefully we might get it before summer! Yeah the experience can differ quite alot when it's translated and with new VO!
Cool Games! Might give Shin Megami Tensei a shot!

Aussie here.

I plan to watch some of the play-throughs for the voice actors and stuff but apart from that I already know everything that happens in every path but revelations anyways.

To pass the time I'll be working on my fates fic and uni work. Majors don't just get themselves done after all.

Yes I understand now that Australia is in the same position! Cool!

I'd just like to know a release date honestly. I knew this would probably happen so I spoiled myself on everything straight away so that I could at least enjoy reading the discussions, watching videos and such over the last few months.

I have a few games that I still haven't even started because Xenoblade Chronicles X has kept me occupied for two months longer than I thought it would and will probably still keep me playing for another month or two at this rate. The wait is bearable when my attention is focused on something else but most of the people I talk to online will have the game soon and I won't really be able to join in on most of the conversations they have about it which blows.

I don't expect any added bonuses for the PAL release but it would be a nice gesture if they did.

Yes I agree! A release date would really help, when it's just up in the air like this it just feels harder! Cool that Xenoblade has kept you busy, always wanted to try it! I feel you man! Yeah I don't really think we will get any bonuses either.

I'm in the same boat in that I'm from the Netherlands where we are also good boys who learn our English and thus get our games in that langues. That does make things so much harder. There's hardly any extra work for a Dutch or UK release so they might as well just do it.

The uncertainty is what annoys me most. It could be we just have to wait two month's, its equally possible we have to wait half a year or more. Even if we get the worst case scenario confirmed then at least we know. At this moment we know nothing while America gets their game.

On another note, do you think we will be able to connect in MyCastle with North American people, or will we be limited to European players only?

I wish that they will let the International version connectable too. It was such a bummer that Awakening's multiplayer was region restricted. While I have an European 3ds, lots of my friend who play FE:A own the US one, and so we can't play the multiplayer mode at all even though we're literally face-to-face. Games like Bravely Default, Pokemon, HM (except for SoS) are region-free for US, EU and AUS players, why can't FE be like that as well? It's such a wonderful experience, being able to play with friends across the world.

I actually imported my 3DS because I was sick of NoE and all the delays we tend to get.

What I want to know is if, as some of the thread already asked, we will be able to use multiplayer between versions. I don't doubt that people will be around for multiplayer at odd hours during the first few weeks. But after that me playing at reasonable European hours will mean it's like 7AM in the US. So will I be able to visit European my castle and multiplayer when the EU version is out, even if I have the NA one?

I'm having an easier time since my 3DS is an american one, which I got for Awakening (special edition console). It didn't bother me much since I didn't have one yet and it cost me even less than a regular first hand console here (with shipping and all). Later on I got an European second hand 3DS, which has saved me tons of cash in preused games (if I'd had to buy them either electronically or get them shipped from abroad, I'd have spent way more money). However, I already have the game downloaded and I'm waiting for the release.

Besides profit, I personally don't see any reason not to release Fates in Europe, Australia and America simultaneously if they can do a worldwide release of pokemon including Japan.

Yeah. There's no strategy in this. What's really going on, we have no idea? More changes, more localization. Honestly, it shouldn't take this long and should be released on time with US versions.

I've managed to avoid the majority of spoilers, unfortunately caught a couple of story and gameplay features however.

Mostly I'm still wondering if Europe is going to even have the opportunity to purchase the Special Edition, as I can find no mention of it anywhere online. :/

After US get their Fates copy, I feel like the tension in Europe will go down, somehow. Unless you take a look at Let's play, Various spoilers...

I really can spare a few time going to the forest but I honestly am busy with school and I know if Fates releases, I'd spend a lot of time playing it, thus working less for my entrance exams or sleeping less... or both...

Right now I'm really patient since I take my time trying to beat Awakening when I want to take a break without dying once or restting (I just play again from the beginning else)... And I'mjust too careless to succeed. xD And if I succeed, I just bought Bravely Default and will try it before playing Bravely Second (the demos of both games were pretty addictive). And there is the Super Mystery Dungeon and the rerelease of the very first Pokémons, as well as Hyrule Warriors... i won't get them all, but I'll be busy with some if I'm need to get some break from my work which already got me busy. So it can wait... I don't hope for it too come too soon, nor do I wish it comes too late for those who expect it....

I've managed to avoid the majority of spoilers, unfortunately caught a couple of story and gameplay features however.

Mostly I'm still wondering if Europe is going to even have the opportunity to purchase the Special Edition, as I can find no mention of it anywhere online. :/

I'm also worried about this. Are we even getting a Special Edition?