Who do you fight for? Nohr or Hoshido?

Busterman64

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoshido of course. Ryoma is one of the sweetest, nicest, and my favorite FE character. Hinoka is just sweet, and her whole reason she fights, and becomes a Pegasus Knight is cute. Takumi is just amazing. Sakura is best imouto.

Besides. I hate Nohr!Corrin and how oblivious they are. I hate that most deaths in Conquest don't make you feel responsible, but someone else's and then they forget about there death. (Nohr Chapter 13 kinda cemented this for me). Honestly one of the worst stories

in the series.

However...it has some redeeming qualities like the varied mission objectives.

I'm playing Birthright first because I let my brother choose which game he wanted to start with and he picked Nohr.

That said, if I had to pick which nation I would side with I'm definitely Nohr to the core. I don't agree with Garon at all, but I adore the Nohr siblings and many of the characters on that said, so the idea of not being with them / having to fight them would be really upsetting. Truthfully, I'm kinda dreading that with Birthright but also kinda glad I'm getting that out of the way.

But we'll have to see how the story goes. The Hoshido characters could change my mind, and / or the Nohr characters could end up being something other than I imagine. That's part of what makes this exciting. I won't -really- know how I feel about the situation until I've seen the truth of it from both sides.

I'm sympathetic to the Nohrsibs but I'm gonna pick Hoshido there because I personally do not agree with any act of imperialism. I like all 8 siblings and I really want them to get along but I'm VERY anti-imperialism.

Also, Ryouma.

I'm sympathetic to the Nohrsibs but I'm gonna pick Hoshido there because I personally do not agree with any act of imperialism. I like all 8 siblings and I really want them to get along but I'm VERY anti-imperialism.

Also, Ryouma.

This, and the two characters I like the least are in Nohr and that kinda eclipses my "meh"ishness with the Hoshidan Awakening kids.

And replace Ryouma with Takumi. Favorite little bro.

Also, Ryouma.

The best man in the world. He sends his wife love letters. Can you imagine Ryoma writing love letters in his room to his wife?

For me, it's Nohr, easily.

I spent my entire life with the Nohr siblings. Yes, I'm fully aware that Garon is horrible. But his children are not. They are the ones who cared for me and loved me. They were the ones I grew up with. To throw all of that away just rubs me the wrong way.

For me, it's Nohr, easily.

I spent my entire life with the Nohr siblings. Yes, I'm fully aware that Garon is horrible. But his children are not. They are the ones who cared for me and loved me. They were the ones I grew up with. To throw all of that away just rubs me the wrong way.

I get that. But Hishido has gone through a lot of stuff to bring you home. It doesn't feel right to immediately go to war with them. Edited by WhatAJollyGoodFellow

They aren't saints, but neither are most people. While I stand firm with Hoshido I do not see how it's hard to see why someone would choose Nohr. No need to bother Nohr fans about it.

I think my opinion/choices would change if I were in Kamui's place and it weren't a game. Since it's basically a game, I'm pretty biased with Hoshido. If I were actually in Kamui's spot, I'd probably end up choosing Nohr.

I think it'd definitely be tougher in Kamui's shoes. If I were Kamui I might not even know about the negative effects of imperialism--it's glorified by Garon, and likely ingrained at least a little.

My country of origin do have some nasty business with imperialism within the past hundred years (I will not deny that we too, have been perpetrators thereof) so from my own pov it's something I really can't get behind, but I think from Kamui's pov, with people who's grown up with themm and do truly care about them on one side, and the sacrifice of their mother and defending a country he accidentally helped invade on the other hand, it might be a lot closer of a call.

but really, play ik pair ryoumarx

Indeed. I'm certainly not implying that siding with Nohr would be the morally correct choice for us, who are on the outside looking in. When I answer this question, I am trying to do so with what I would know if I were in Kamui's situation and had his / her background. My own ethics are something I'm use to setting aside in a situation like this since I write for a living. It's called suspension of disbelief. There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone choosing the opposite reaction and feeling Kamui should go with Hoshido, either. I think that for the most part they've done a solid job at presenting the choice as a choice, rather than as a clear cut case of this is right / that is wrong, when it is looked at from the perspective of the main character.

Speaking on a larger scale, I would definitely side with Hoshido if I was presented with the choice. Although I understand the whole loyalty aspect going on with siding with Nohr, I wouldn't be able to continue to support them after discovering that I was kidnapped and falsely raised as one of their own. However, the Nohrian siblings genuinely care for and love Corrin, which would indeed make it difficult to abandon them for the Hoshidan blood siblings who you've just met. I think IS did a really good job with making the decision morally ambiguous.