Who do you fight for? Nohr or Hoshido?

Busterman64

All I have to say is Norh is hell but it is also home.

Kinda. If I were in actual Kamui's shoes, this is a reason why I'd stay with Nohr. I couldn't just abandon my siblings like that.

If they stuck with the "revolutionize from the inside" part I would have totally helped

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would side with Hoshido, which is what I would do if I found out my family was harming someone just because.

Except they're not. The Nohr siblings I'd be fighting are just acting on the king's orders.

That would make me okay going either way, but the having Camilla act seductively toward her little brother just creeps me out. I lean more toward Hoshido. I will be playing Conquest first though (those maps. <3 I like a challenge), so go figure.

And it also bothers me that Conquest!Corrin seems so naïve.

I would side with Hoshido, which is what I would do if I found out my family was harming someone just because.

Except they're not. The Nohr siblings I'd be fighting are just acting on the king's orders.

That would make me okay going either way, but the having Camilla act seductively toward her little brother just creeps me out. I lean more toward Hoshido. I will be playing Conquest first though (those maps. <3 I like a challenge), so go figure.

And it also bothers me that Conquest!Corrin seems so naïve.

But can't we talk? Without fighting? After all, were only the Kingdom suppressing your people for generations.

But can't we talk? Without fighting? After all, were only the Kingdom suppressing your people for generations.

I'm sorry, friend, but this is a war game. We must fight.

That said, I wonder what Revelations will be like. And I am getting both Conquest and Birthright right away, so there's that.

I'm sorry, friend, but this is a war game. We must fight.

That said, I wonder what Revelations will be like. And I am getting both Conquest and Birthright right away, so there's that.

It's like "I don't want to fight either of you"

WHAT SO YPU WANT TO FIGHT BOTH OF US

"No...that's not what I..."

EXTERMINATE KAMUI

Ryouma, 'nuff said

On a more serious note...

If I were to look at the choice as an outsider, I would pick Hoshido without hesitation. I like their aesthetics more and I like all the Hoshidan siblings better than their Nohrian counterparts. Also, imperialism is a big no-no for me, even if it's fictional.

If I were put in Kamui's shoes, the decision would no doubt be more difficult, but I would still choose Hoshido, because the story is a bit more complex than "adopted family vs. biological family." If it's just that, then no doubt I would stay with the people I grew up with. But if I found out that the reason I didn't grow up with my biological family in the first place is because my adopted family took me away by force, then sorry, but I'm outta here, even if Garon treated me nicely and Nohr wasn't invading Hoshido.

[spoiler=] Also, with the way the current story is, there isn't really an "I like the siblings but hate/want to overthrow Garon" option; you are helping Garon by siding with Nohr. I'm not judging anyone who prefers Nohr, and I totally understand wanting to stick with the siblings you've grown up with, but I am judging the poorly-written mess that is Conquest.

Edited by Tsuky

If I were Corrin, I'd probably just skip town and lay low for awhile. I mean, Nohr is ruled by a guy who looks like if Emperor Palpatine's balls came to life and is retardedly evil and siding with the Hoshido sibs means taking the word of some people you don't know.

If I were Corrin, I'd probably just skip town and lay low for awhile. I mean, Nohr is ruled by a guy who looks like if Emperor Palpatine's balls came to life and is retardedly evil and siding with the Hoshido sibs means taking the word of some people you don't know.

That is the single best description of why Kamui would go third route ever.

Hey, Garron wants to kill you, how about returning home?

That's single line explain why even if I were Kamui, I'll choose Hoshido. And the Hoshido design and characters are really good.

And Hinoka.

Nohr.

Because cannot betray his/her companions and winning Garon's respect is true strength as well as being a true son/daughter.

Edited by PuffPuff

Nohr. Corrin has known them for most of his/her life, but with the Hoshidans, Corrin has known them for about a month or two(?). Maybe three? I really can't see Kamui abandon Nohr that easily. Plus I'm very bias towards the European feel of Nohr. I like the Nohr characters more as well.

I feel bad for Nohr because it could be a good country if Garon wasn't running it, but the game makes you feel kind of bad for choosing it because they uh.

killed your OWN MOTHER

I chose Hoshido because it's easier and Tsubaki, I tried Conquest and it beat my ass pretty quick so I'm going to try and bear through at least one playthrough.

And as if America doesn't try to glorify themselves in their own media as well...

It doesn't excuse it, but I'm playing the raw version and it doesn't seem that bad.

Edited by PopteenPrincess

I'm Hoshido because I enjoy the classes and because my brother called Conquest, but the characters of Birthright kinda bore me compared to Conquest's characters. However, I love the pre-promotes on Birthright and I adore Spear Master, Kinshi Knight, Basara, Sniper, and Master Ninja so it's still fine by me.

I do love Takumi, Sakura, Subaki, Orochi, and Saizo though, and I'm really liking the Hoshidan Awakening kids and Kisaragi. Guess I'll use Hayato in order to get Rhajat.

Edited by Ms. Andrews

That is the single best description of why Kamui would go third route ever.

Agreed! :KnollRoll:

I'm going Nohr because even though Hoshido might be your birth family, I've always been a firm believer that family is the people that love you and that you have been raised with which Nohr mostly does. Plus I could never go against Elise.

After watching the first 4ish chapters, all I can say is: There is nothing initially compelling about the Hoshidans. Maybe its because I made up my mind as soon as there was a choice to be made(literally all the way back when it was first announced there were 2 kingdoms), but holy crap. There is nothing they said or did that made me want to join their side. I really cannot comprehend why someone would want to, just based off of in-game stuff. I mean, I respect other people's decision and I'm not trying to start a fight. But jeeeez. The only thing that may make that choice hard is morals, not anything the Hoshidans said.

After watching the first 4ish chapters, all I can say is: There is nothing initially compelling about the Hoshidans. Maybe its because I made up my mind as soon as there was a choice to be made(literally all the way back when it was first announced there were 2 kingdoms), but holy crap. There is nothing they said or did that made me want to join their side. I really cannot comprehend why someone would want to, just based off of in-game stuff. I mean, I respect other people's decision and I'm not trying to start a fight. But jeeeez. The only thing that may make that choice hard is morals, not anything the Hoshidans said.

Well, if you want clues to your answer, Birthright is the version that sold out the most in Japan. Chances are, it might also be the most imported.

I like Nohr but I completely hate Garon but since I love Sakura as my little sister I choose Hoshido:)

I think here Conquest will sell better, people that don't know the game will prefer Dark stylish cover (+Camilla/Leo fan service) and the European style of Nohr units

Well, if you want clues to your answer, Birthright is the version that sold out the most in Japan. Chances are, it might also be the most imported.

I'm sure most people bought the game only knowing the premise. The premise being: Choose the family you were raised with and try to fix the corrupt kingdom, or fight for the family you're blood related to and repel the forces invading them. Oh, look. A moral-based question.

There's nothing wrong with going Birthright, its your choice, etc. etc., but all I'm saying is, in-game, in my opinion, the Hoshidans aren't compelling. If you want me to be a little less biased for a second, I'd say there isn't much making you want to join Nohr either. Like I said, I made up my mind on which side I would do a looong time ago, so something like this doesn't affect me.

I would personally choose Hoshido. Even if it would break my heart to leave my adoptive siblings, the fact that Garon has tried to kill me plus what just happened with Mikoto (involving the sword Garon personally gave me) and knowing that I was basically kidnaped would be heavy on my mind.

I'm playing Birthright first because of the classes and how laid back it is. I'll be playing Nohr after that, knowing that the story might be a little darker, but it will be a challenge to play it like classic Fire Emblems.

Let's not forget Revelations. I'll be playing that more than once for sure. I might do a Lunatic/Phoenix run just for safety.

Hmmmm....I wonder why I am choosing Nohr.

Oh yeah, Niles. Literally just Niles.

Well, other then that, there is the fact you don't know these blood siblings at all,

[spoiler=MAJOR SPOILERS!]And well they also aren't your blood siblings

but also because the Nohrians raised you and despite what happened in the chapter previous, I would still feel worse for betraying them.

Also Niles.

Edited by Azz