Who do you fight for? Nohr or Hoshido?

Busterman64

I personally like the Nohr siblings more, but I'm with Hoshido. While I may be a person who would choose bond over blood, the thought of being secluded for most of my life is horrible. While the adopted siblings do care about you, when you find out that your life was kind of a lie, why would you go back to Nohr?

Plus, when Chapter 5 happened, I would react the same way if I lost my mother. I'd avenge her and stop Garon, who is just a jerk and reminds me of a controlling ex-friend I had. Also, Lobster Lord ftw.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey just letting you know your spoiler tag isn't working pls remove the second s in the end tag

Sorry about that. Never even realized. Thanks for pointing it out.

After much debating, I decided to start with Hoshido. Originally I was going to play as Nohr, because I like them better, but I decided to save the best for last. I will probably see the Nohrians as evil when I play as Hoshido, but when I finally play as Nohr I'll be able to see their side of the story (literally).

One of the other main reasons I chose Hoshido is because it will be much easier. Why start with the hard one, and then have a cakewalk to follow? I will probably play on hard difficulty, so it will prepare me better if I start with Hoshido.

Edited by Olivernintentoal

Definetly Hoshido. When the game was initially revealed I intended on siding with Nohr instead, as I believe that Bonds>Blood, but... (Note: this is just my personal interpretation)

Garon tried to get you killed. Twice. The first time, Gunter (seemingly) dies. The second, Mikoto gives her life for you, and several other people died in Ganglari's explosion as well. With Mikoto dead, the barrier that protected Hoshido is gone as well. Because of you. You were the one that got all those people killed and directly caused Nohr's invasion. Gunter's supports also show that Nohr never really cared about you either, with you being either starved or whipped, and that Gunter was like a father figure to you. By aiding Nohr, it feels like you'd be spitting in the memory of Sumeragi (who gave his life to protect you), of Mikoto (who also gave her life to protect you) and of Gunter (who pretty much raised you, and while he didn't give his life for you, he was still someone you deeply cared about and was [seemingly] murdered before your very eyes). From a logical standpoint, siding with Nohr is foolish, as they'd already tried to kill you twice, so returning would probably get you killed... and make Sumeragi's and Mikoto's death meaningless. I feel like siding with Hoshido is less about your bloodline and more about trying to atone for killing all those people in chapters 3 and 5 and escalating the state of the war, and making sure Garon can't cause any more suffering.

I'd personally side with Hoshido and try to convince the Nohrian siblings to help us or at least to investigate what Garon is keeping from them. If they refused, I would still side with Hoshido and I'd feel terrible for betraying/killing them, but I wouldn't let my loyalty to few individuals prevent me from doing what I believe is the right thing to do. Garon is not only attempting to destroy Hoshido, but his tyrany is also destroying Nohr from within. I personally believe that siding with Hoshido would lead to the better outcome of the two.

Nohr. Corrin has known them for most of his/her life, but with the Hoshidans, Corrin has known them for about a month or two(?). Maybe three? I really can't see Kamui abandon Nohr that easily. Plus I'm very bias towards the European feel of Nohr. I like the Nohr characters more as well.

Try years. Sumegari taught Corrin how to hold a weapon.

I really feel that morality isn't what the majority of people will be basing their first decisions on for Fates.

I'm assuming they'll simply choose the side that already has their preselected spouse.

As for me, I'll be choosing Nohr first simply because I heard it was supposed to be more difficult than Awakening with varied map layouts but seeing as I'm a casual as f*$% grinder I'll probably glide through it after the initial chapters no matter the difficulty.

If I wanted to get all moral about it I wouldn't be able to choose. I'd have to pick Revelations and go on a lonely journey with my best pals Cyrus and Felicia because I'd inevitably desire a truth that I'd feel was being kept from me. Like, "Why'd this happen to me"?

I will be going solely with Birthright and don't have plans purchase Conquest or Revelations as I didn't like the way Nintendo handled the split. I'm also a little displeased (understatment) with the removed content even though I personally didn't care about the features they removed, but I will still buy the game as I want to support the North American fanbase and ensure that we get a new sequel in the west (hopefully it won't be localized by Treehouse). As for the reasons I choose Birthright instead of Conquest...

1 - Birthright have the grind system, which will ensure that I have plenty of hours of gameplay and also have time to complete all of the supports;

2 - I find the Nohr characters more intimidating than Hoshido's, so I choose to have them as enemies instead of allies;

3 - Kazahana

Edited by Daniel Santos

I feel like I'm that one guy that hasn't decided two days before release.

From a gameplay standpoint, I'm very casual, generally grind in RPGs, and would likely find Birthright more to my play style.

From a design/aesthetic standpoint, it's Conquest all day to me, with very little question about it.

When it comes down to characters I want in my army, Nohr has Xander, Camilla, Leo, Laslow, Selena, Odin, Niles, Nyx, Keaton, Gunter, Velouria, Ophelia, Soleil, and Nina (14), where Hoshido has Ryoma, Hinoka, Reina, Asugi, and Caeldori. Maybe a couple of the ninjas and archers look okay (5-8)? Keaton and Velouria being exclusive, especially, are more appealing to me because I love wolves in general. (Keep in mind this is mainly just looking at them, I've tried to avoid too many spoilers aside from some very obvious ones)

I'm having a very difficult time with this.

Hard choice. I will probably go with Hoshido first since Awakening was my first Fire Emblem and Birthright's gameplay is supposed to be similar to it. Plus, I wanna marry Scarlet asap. I was thinking about choosing Conquest first a few days ago since it makes sense for Corrin to still want to return home to the siblings he grew up with rather than betray them, but then I figured nah. I'm using the same Avatar for my first three runs so he can go back and make a different choice later.

I decided a long time ago not to decide until I reached the actual decision chapter on my SE copy (which just shipped and is on its way!). I'm leaning toward Nohr right now, but I feel that's fair, since Corrin starts out with Nohr.

Kinda late saying this. In this kind of situation, I would fight neither, buuuuuut......since I have only 2 choices as of right now, I'm going Nohr. They may not be your blood family and your "Father" doesn't really like you( and kinda wants you to go see your mother and father), I won't abandon them for that. Your siblings love and care for you like you were their blood brother/sister and treat you no different (well, minus the part about you being part dragon and all).

Also, "revolutionizing a nation from the inside" is quite a interesting draw!

.......Along with the game being like older Fire Emblem games... :3

And after all we've seen from the Nintendo Treehouse, I'm hoping we give Garon a beat down!

Edit: I kinda made the decision of going the path of Nohr waaaaaay back around the time when this game was announced. Just wanted to add that! :Joshua:

original.jpg

NOA put this flowchart out to make it easy for you guys.

I knew Nohr was for me!

Also, while what's Dead IS Dead, they aren't dead if I restart! :3

(...but seriously, resetting is kinda part of this series......unless you're one of those people who don't reset).

Edited by Busterman64