Frozen's mapping and spriting thread (plz leave feedback)

Frigid

Eh, I didn't really like how the arrows looked anyway.

Also, I touched up the mage girl portrait and gave it frames for a hack. It's my first time doing frames so I need feedback.

rKT5k7l.png

(yay for TLP "chibis")

I said earlier in the thread that everything I did was free to use, but I'm gonna correct that and say that anything I do for a fan game is off-limits, starting with this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it opened sourced? A-anyways, the hair of the second one is pretty messy, and so is the hair band. Everything else is good, but since it's not too heavily altered from the original NickT mug, I won't comment much about it.

Didn't he make it partly so people would have more splicing materials or something?

Also, are the frames okay?

I know that like a long time ago NickT gave permission for people to splice his raidant collection mugs for the open source gallery, but that's it. He didn't mention much about Open source on the radiant collection thread I believe, or at all. Anyways, for the frames it is best to actually test it in game, but from the looks of it, the mouths seem to change sizes weirdly, but maybe that's just me.

TgYzWSv.png

I decided to try battle sprites again, starting with this attempt at a T1 Mage Knight class edited from Knight Lord. I need criticism on the base frame before I can start the rest.

Edited by Frozen_Blades81

I like it, but it looks more advanced than the Mage Knight class because the armour has more detailing and also he's more armoured. Consider switching them? Also, mounted archers and mages all face the opposite direction to normal classes, so consider flipping the head to keep that theme going.

• 4 weeks later...

I ditched the mounted mage animation (I'll definitely get back to it someday) because I wanted to focus on doing TGA portraits, and because I finally realized it was a mistake to jump into custom or semi-custom work so damn quickly.

But now I (almost) finished an animation for once. It's a more armored version of the archer.

9lFLg1V.png

Say, does anyone have the frames for the normal archer's unarmed dodge? I can't find them.

Edited by FrozenBlades81

7b532c16ca1c70b3a4dab9f2acc86409.png

Quick touch up for you, her face is extremely flat, and the far hair wasn't really making any sense. You might want to bump up the contrast on the yellows too, maybe even add a 4th color, since it seems you're not worried about the color count for this mug.