Darthkeeper

Hello Serenes, sorry for a very brief question post, but I was just wondering if anyone can give me a " tier list" of the skills in the game. Be it PVP or solo, it may say weird, but I don't really care which one you give me. I saw one once, but foolishly didn't save/follow it. I'm not really one for tiers for skills really, but I just want to gauge a few skills. Thanks for your help in advance!

We're doing this again?

Honestly, I'll say that different people rate skills differently due to playstyle.

It also depends on whether or not you are buying skills, etc

My own list on a synthetic (I.E. Skill by itself), though I hardly think anyone cares about my opinion:

(Note: Lodestar/Great Lord exclusive skills excluded)

Tier 0.5: Copycat Puppet

Tier 0.75: Galeforce, Warp

Tier 1: Nohr

Tier 1.1: Lethality, Aether ,Astra, Aggressor, Extravagance

Tier 1.2: Hoshido, Dragon Fang

Tier 1.25: Breaking Sky>Luna>Ignis, Faire Skills, Line of Death, Beastbane, (Ogre Strike)

Tier 1.35: Draconic Curse, Seal Defense/Speed, Rally Speed/Strength/Defense, (Weapon) Breaker, Four Fangs, Duelist/Darting Blow, Locktouch,

Tier 1.4: Seal (Others), Rally (Others), Deadly Breath, Snake Venom, Speed/Strength/Defense +2, Aptitude, (Raven Strike), Quick Draw

Tier 1.5: Sol, Lifetaker, Renewal, Overbearing, Roundhouse, Defensive Formation

Tier 1.6: Rally Movement, Movement +1

?: Flamboyant. (I guess it's pretty broken in practice), Witch's Poison (Dunno how effective it actually is, so what can I say)

Unsure where to place: Nobility (EXP is a thing, so I'm not really sure)

Limited availability: Inspiring Song (You could say the same about some of the others, but what can I say)

The rest: Tier 2

Of course the way I tier is all sorts of silly..but eh..

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

We're doing this again?

Honestly, I'll say that different people rate skills differently due to playstyle.

My own list on a synthetic (I.E. Skill by itself), though I hardly think anyone cares about my opinion:

Tier 1.25: Breaking Sky>Luna>Ignis, Faire Skills, Line of Death, Beastbane, (Ogre Strike)

Tier 1.35: Draconic Curse, Seal Defense/Speed, Rally Speed/Strength/Defense, (Weapon) Breaker, Four Fangs, Duelist/Darting Blow, Locktouch,

Tier 1.4: Seal (Others), Rally (Others), Deadly Breath, Snake Venom, Speed/Strength/Defense +2, Aptitude, (Raven Strike), Quick Draw

?: Flamboyant. (I guess it's pretty broken in practice), Witch's Poison (Dunno how effective it actually is, so what can I say)

Limited availability: Inspiring Song (You could say the same about some of the others, but what can I say)

Well like I said I'm not one to stand by a tier list religiously I just wanted to have a gauge of skills viability. Thanks for the list though.

Can someone explain to me why copycat puppet is good? Sure you double yourself, but you sacrifice killing power. Same with galeforce and warp, they seem like traps to me.

From what I understand, Copycat Puppet allows you to effectively have 2 of a, presumably, powerful unit. Also, the original/puppet can pair up with someone else giving them their pair up bonuses. One example, is keeping the puppets far away, and rally them, heal them, use a tonic, etc.

Warp, if used right, allows you to basically rush someone down. This is especially deadly with high movement allies, and even Copycat Puppet.

Galeforce is good on ORKO builds. Usually involves crit stacking, Aggressor, Prescient Victory, etc. Even though it requires units to be solo, it's still pretty deadly.

Can someone explain to me why copycat puppet is good? Sure you double yourself, but you sacrifice killing power. Same with galeforce and warp, they seem like traps to me.

Warp is always amazing. Give it to Azura and she can Sing ANYONE ANYWHERE on the map. Give it to a staff user and you have map wide healing utility. It's useful for combat too. It's easily one of the best skills in the game.

Galeforce is not as good as it used to be because it doesn't work in attack or guard stance but the ability to move again (particularly with a high movement/Warp unit) is really useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq3UTu5aZxM

This video shows both warp and copycat puppet in action. Both skills, especially when used together, are REALLY broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq3UTu5aZxM

This video shows both warp and copycat puppet in action. Both skills, especially when used together, are REALLY broken.

What weapons were the Sniper and Master Ninja Kana's using?

I know that both were using the Expert shuriken and yumi respectively, but what else were they using? I am merely curious.

What weapons were the Sniper and Master Ninja Kana's using?

I know that both were using the Expert shuriken and yumi respectively, but what else were they using? I am merely curious.

Hmmm, let's see...

Master Ninja Kana was using Iron Shuriken +7, Expert Shuriken +4, Hunter's Knife +2, and Needle Shuriken +2

Sniper Kana was using Iron Bow +7, Expert Yumi +3, Brave Bow +2, and Reverse Yumi +2

We're doing this again?

Galeforce. Blecch. Not so useful in online environment. But...it does have it's uses. It is useful for gathering those treasures quick enough in the Weapons DLC episode. Though I'd admit that it can be abused to some extent with the

mM63nb.jpg

Hoshido, Dragon Fang/Luna and Lethality skills. In game though...it is invaluable. ...And Breaking Sky should go lower because it's absolute shit with Mag users. As it only will do it's job upon other enemy mag users. It is best to equip this only with melee attackers as the

PpFsJi.jpg

Mag users will want Luna skill alot more.

zSfrdN.jpg

...And what about the Flowing Strike, Easy Life, Defender, Diamond Strike, and Veteran Intuition skills. They are manditory(Ones in indent) for the Nohr path. Shouldn't they get an honorable mention?! Flowing Strike should go just to the left of Ogre Strike. As this should be given to as much units as possible. Because avoiding skills are limited and the only ones that you can get during enemy phase are Underdog, Lucky Seven and Solidary. Diamond Strike goes greatly stacked with the Pavise and Aegis skills respectively. So you don't be hurt so much in retailation during counter attacks. That should go just after Raven Strike to the left. Defensive Formation should go by the 1.25 section as it is one of the best skills in the game and can be learned at a reasonable time. This allows Effie and Benny to make some of the Nohrian chapters not such a hurdle. It should go just below the Luna and Ignis skills. Easy Life is needed for Nohr path as gold is very tight on it. Should go to just after Rally Mov. Defender is great! Why isn't this mentioned?! It makes things easier with the right support bonuses. Like if you pair Xandar with a C support, he along with that skill will get +5 Speed 3 for the base class, one for the Defender skill and 1 for the C support. Plus +1 to everything else while pair is quite good than you think. Should go after Roundhouse to the left. Veteran Int is good for the crit evasion being halved in this game by luck entirely. That should go in the 1.2 section just below Dragon Fang.

Copycat Puppet is good because it helps you gather the treasures faster in the weapons DLC episode. Can abuse Galeforce to a greater extent. It's absolutely broken when you use one clone to heal and attack with the other. Renewal recovers 45% health to both clones each turn. :)

Edited by PuffPuff

The problem I see is that no one with Copycat Puppet and Warp will be able to deal enough damage to the Kanna I'm running. Moving around and having ten units is nice, but you have to be able to leave a mark. I don't mean this in a boastful way, I'm just trying to see some kind of justification. The fewer battle skills you run, the less effective you'll be.

Edited by JamesGerth

• 4 months later...

The problem I see is that no one with Copycat Puppet and Warp will be able to deal enough damage to the Kanna I'm running. Moving around and having ten units is nice, but you have to be able to leave a mark. I don't mean this in a boastful way, I'm just trying to see some kind of justification. The fewer battle skills you run, the less effective you'll be.

It only takes 2 turns. If you have units that cannot move enough to get in range within a team of flying units with movement skills, you are automatically going to be disadvantaged. Having warp and replicate means you can move straight away to another unit by using one of your units as a ferry and then use 2 of your units with the starting attack and twice as much chance to proc skills to destroy the opponent. You can get a total of 8 attacks in if you use a brave weapon and that is a massive chance for procs. Not only this, your other units can also warp in to your older warped units and attack further away units if they are classed as snipers and the like. If you use something like warp, replicate, aggressor, an offensive proc and something else, you can literally just jump in and destroy the enemy within 1 turn. If you are not a fan of galeforce, you can use nohrian trust, pair up with another unit that has offensive and defensive procs too. Meaning, because all these units have replicate, you can do that twice, one to stay behind to get heal spammed and one to go in and kill the enemies.

For PVP, the top skills imo are: Replicate, Rallies, Breaker Skills, Vantage, Warp, Inspiring Song, Awakening, Quixotic, Hoshidan Utility, Nohrian Trust, Miracle, Breaking Sky, Dragon Fang, Aether, Astra, Vengeance, Lethality, Galeforce and Toxic Brew

It only takes 2 turns. If you have units that cannot move enough to get in range within a team of flying units with movement skills, you are automatically going to be disadvantaged. Having warp and replicate means you can move straight away to another unit by using one of your units as a ferry and then use 2 of your units with the starting attack and twice as much chance to proc skills to destroy the opponent. You can get a total of 8 attacks in if you use a brave weapon and that is a massive chance for procs. Not only this, your other units can also warp in to your older warped units and attack further away units if they are classed as snipers and the like. If you use something like warp, replicate, aggressor, an offensive proc and something else, you can literally just jump in and destroy the enemy within 1 turn. If you are not a fan of galeforce, you can use nohrian trust, pair up with another unit that has offensive and defensive procs too. Meaning, because all these units have replicate, you can do that twice, one to stay behind to get heal spammed and one to go in and kill the enemies.

dude that guy hasn't even logged in since february