Why do you like Ryoma?

please see luminescentblade dot tumblr dot com slash tagged slash lobster trashbin

I don't need to repeat myself when I already wrote quite a bit on this matter

Also since I don't have any writings on this bit but I think he's a dumbshit dense log who apologises too much and I'm going to make fun of him forever like I do all my favs (who are mostly dumbshit dense logs I have a type) I was going through his supports for the last two days again and I liveblogged making fun of him

Then I called him best bro so it's even

Goddammit, of course you've already commented. I wanted to write "I summon Thor Odinson, in attack mode!"

Which ones? I spend a lot of time reading and analyzing Ryouma dialogue so I can probably tell you if it's canon or fan-theory-y or somewhere in between (fan theory extracted from texual support).

I remember seeing some My Castle line stuff floating around on Tumblr that suggested he was the sort of character to 'focus on the things he was good at and avoid those he wasn't,' and I can see it in the My Castle lines... but I haven't seen it so far anywhere else. Since it required reading between the lines and the number of lines you could pull the idea from were few, I'm more inclined to put it closer to fan theory than canon.

It's an interesting trait... but if it's more fan theory, then personally, I don't wanna shelve it with the canon and 'fairly clearly canon but not directly stated' traits.

I remember seeing some My Castle line stuff floating around on Tumblr that suggested he was the sort of character to 'focus on the things he was good at and avoid those he wasn't,' and I can see it in the My Castle lines... but I haven't seen it so far anywhere else. Since it required reading between the lines and the number of lines you could pull the idea from were few, I'm more inclined to put it closer to fan theory than canon.

It's an interesting trait... but if it's more fan theory, then personally, I don't wanna shelve it with the canon and 'fairly clearly canon but not directly stated' traits.

Ah, that's princemarxfucker's post. I remember that one. I think it does take a bit reading into--but they're also more knowledgable than I am since I'm not entirely fluent in Japanese (I can read Kanji but I will miss all the cultural nuances) and I think there's probably some truth in it, considering they did translate that stuff. Definitely more analysis than direct-stated, though, at the very least.

I don't think he entirely avoids shit he's not good at though, but if we do read a little between the lines, when he made that riceball for felicia, he's probably like "well im never gonna make this pretty and presentable anyway, whatever it tastes good" so I wouldn't write it off as pure speculation either. I'd probably say it's probably not exactly fully implicit, but still not fully a headcanon.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Ah, that's princemarxfucker's post. I remember that one. I think it does take a bit reading into--but they're also more knowledgable than I am since I'm not entirely fluent in Japanese (I can read Kanji but I will miss all the cultural nuances) and I think there's probably some truth in it, considering they did translate that stuff. Definitely more analysis than direct-stated, though, at the very least.

I don't think he entirely avoids shit he's not good at though, but if we do read a little between the lines, when he made that riceball for felicia, he's probably like "well im never gonna make this pretty and presentable anyway, whatever it tastes good" so I wouldn't write it off as pure speculation either. I'd probably say it's probably not exactly fully implicit, but still not fully a headcanon.

Hmm... I'll probably take a peek at that Felicia support then and decide how I feel about that trait after.

Like Thor, a Ryouma thread is guaranteed to summon me :P

Strange, I see way more people like Xander, Camilla, and Takumi... I don't see many people like Ryoma at all. It made me sad...

Same. I feel like it's the same few people who are crazy about him, and everyone else is just like... meh. But hey, more Ryouma for me :)

Anyway, I love his design, he's in my favorite class and wields a lightning katana, and he's one of the most OP units in the game, so he already wins so much there. Admittedly, design is a huge factor in how much I like a fictional character, so if you got that down, then you don't need much else for me to like you.

As for characterization, Thor goes into much greater detail about this, but in general, although it's more subtle compared to many other characters, there are a lot of interesting bits if you are willing to look for it. For example, his support with Hinoka shows a more playful/troll side of him, and his support with Felicia shows that he's just a super nice person (I don't think I can be that long-suffering). And him in Nohr 18 is fabulous :D (but overall, Conquest!Ryouma just breaks my heart)

[spoiler=] His support with Shinonome is pretty noteworthy too. It gave me all the feelz once I realized that he just really wants to be there for Shinonome because his father wasn't able to do the same for him, and you can really see how much he loves his father when he cries after seeing his father dying a second time. Judging by young Sumeragi and Shinonome's personalities as well as some of Ryouma's reckless actions, it's safe to say that he probably wasn't the chill dude that he is now when he was young, but had to change the way he behaved because he didn't have a father to lean on and needed to help Mikoto take care of four younger siblings, all the while being responsible for the wellbeing of Hoshido. That's a pretty stressful way to go through your teenage years... In Revelations, he also talks about how he's jealous of Kamui sometimes because Kamui possesses the natural qualities of a ruler, so it's not like he doesn't have his own insecurities.

I also like the way he treats Kamui more like a capable adult rather than a child, and isn't so quick to jump in and shield Kamui from everything. The doting from Marx and Camilla is nice, but with Kamui already being such a sheltered individual, he/she will never grow as a person if they don't let go a little (my goodness, the Ryouma X Camilla support is actually good for something).
And he has such good chemistry with Crimson and I am super jealous; I really enjoyed seeing their interactions in the main story.
Yeah, I'll stop fangirling now
Edited by Tsuky

please see luminescentblade dot tumblr dot com slash tagged slash lobster trashbin

I don't need to repeat myself when I already wrote quite a bit on this matter

Also since I don't have any writings on this bit but I think he's a dumbshit dense log who apologises too much and I'm going to make fun of him forever like I do all my favs (who are mostly dumbshit dense logs I have a type) I was going through his supports for the last two days again and I liveblogged making fun of him

Then I called him best bro so it's even

Awww brother, its so good to see you tease your lobster so.

BIG MEATY CLAW

His design irks me. It's a bit too flashy for my tastes. I won't go into further detail about my opinions simply because I respect that this is a temple of his adoring fans, ahaha.

Shun the non-believer! SHUN SHU UN. :P

Legends say that saying Ryouma three times in front of a mirror will summon his most loyal fan.

The Lobster signal shines in the sky, and brings the thundering sound of my brother crashing down in a superhero pose.

I like Ryoma because he seems like one of those pretty cool guys who doesnt afraid of anything. I like how his sword is named Raijinto, which basically means THUNDER. Reminds me of another rather large built, flashy brother character. <.< >.> He also looks to roflstomp as a unit. Thats nice.

I have a strong affinity for anything and everything related to samurai.

Their armor is beautiful, to start.

Their code of honor, their strength, and ability to maintain their honor even in the most dire situations can be viewed as wonderful qualities.

Ryoma is the embodiment of those values, plus he is physically attractive.

I feel people liked Xander more so than they liked Ryoma, actually. I don't see the same repertoire for Ryoma that I see for Xander.