Who is the best fit for DLC classes?

Cloud

Is Dwyer a good candidate because he has good enough strength for it and if someone doesn't get the DLC asap then he would keep his hidden weapon rank

Edited by Cloud

Switching from a Dark Knight to a Grandmaster, Leo's evasion doesn't change but he loses 6 defense, which is quite a lot. The other drops of 1 strength, 5 luck and 2 movement are pretty negligible imo. In return, he gains 2 mag, 5 skill, 2 speed, 3 resistance, and loss of beast weakness.

I'd say it's entirely preference for which is better. As a Grandmaster he'll be a more reliable attacker with slightly more crit, might and accuracy, while also having more skill for procing skills, but you might prefer the defense safety net that Dark Knight offers.

It's also worth noting that Grandmaster has better Magic, Skill, Speed & Resistance caps, as well as better Magic, Skill & Resistance growths. This helps Leo as he is more of a magic user than a physical one.

Songstress. She should never be anything else outside of training.

In Hoshido, Azama wants out ASAP. Get him a DLC class if you plan on using him. Ryoma also wouldnt mind some Dread Fighter skills, and Kaze is great as one.

Orochi gains a 90% magic growth and 35% speed growth (her highest possible) as a Witch and since she comes early, it'll be best utilized by her. Almost everyone loves Warp and Witch's Poison, however Warp is extremely good with Azura as it lets her teleport anywhere near your units, whether to get out of danger or to dance for someone. It's also a good way for your little sisters to start training in tomes very early and add to their usefulness.

You get an unlimited amount of Ike and Robin class seals in DLC but only 1 Lodestar seal and 1 Great Lord. Lodestar is for very balanced fighters who could also want more speed, through Gentle Blade or Speed Drain, as well as just being hella lucky and super balanced. Xander, Hinata, Laslow, Hisame, etc. all work great here. Great Lord is extremely wide spread since many women in the game either use swords or lances anyway, and it gives them Aether and Awakening, two VERY solid skills. Oboro, Hinoka, Hana, Selena, Mozu, Caeldori, and Azura if you're optimizing your dancer.

Vanguard works great for fast characters looking to trade speed for STR and bulk. Ryoma, Arthur, Laslow, Lutz, Silas all work great. Grandmaster is there for your mixed supportive fighters. Odin, Hayato, Leo and Saizo come to mind.

As for Dark Flier, a class thats easy to swap in for lancers and magic alike, Leo, Orochi, Hayato, Rhatja, Oboro, Odin, Nyx, and Forrest like this class. Galeforce has been nerfed, so Kamuisexuals or single kids also work here.

Well this helped.

Dread Fighter - Kamui (all routes), Kaze (all routes)

Witch - Elise (Nohr), Orochi (Hoshido), Ophelia? (IK), Azura (Warp scroll)

Lodestar - Laslow (Nohr), ? (Hoshido), Laslow again (IK)

Great Lord - Soleil? (Nohr), Oboro (Hoshido), Oboro (IK)

Vanguard - ??? (only one i don't know) possibly Arthur or Silas

Grandmaster - Leo (Nohr and IK), Hayato maybe (Hoshido)

Ballistician - lol yukimura or kisaragi or something

Dark Flier - Odin and Forrest (Nohr), Tsubaki and ... idk actually, possibly Saizo (Hoshido), Odin and Tsubaki (IK)

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I hope 2 months-ish isn't too much of a necro, but this is one of the top threads that keeps popping up on google when I search for answers.

Now that all the DLC is out in the states (or the very least, you have access to one of every class medal by now) I'm curious what people have found to be helpful?

In my Conquest game, here's what I thought worked out well:

Dread Fighter = Odin, this required a LOT more effort on my part and an arms scroll or two to make functional, however once it was Odin tore things up with a mixture of Strength and Magic weapons. I'm sure there are better candidates though.

Lodetsar = Laslow for sure.

Great Lord = Peri, for me I had an excess of mounted units and I didn't see the point of having a 5th mounted unit with Peri. If by chance you're S-Supporting her with Laslow they make an extremely deadly blue-caped combo, especially with the "Dual Guard" skills the classes have.

Vanguard = Arthur, definitely Arthur. Just being able to still use Axes was a great boon. I used some of the other scrolls on characters like Xander and Selena.

Grandmaster - Leo, not only does it fit his character's personality, it also trades his mount weakness for a higher cap on some of his more desired stats, the only tradeoff is a little more squishiness.

Dark Flier - Yozu, I went straight to making her a Dark Flier at 10, because of her already crazy stat growths she became a pretty versatile air unit for a majority of my early game.

I have no input on Balistician or Witch. I'd probably make Nyx or Elise a witch, maybe Ophelia, and for Balistician I'd probably make Anna one or Shuma or something.

Edited by MEMANIAsama

I think I'm enjoying Dark Flier Leo too much and he even looks good in the outfit, but somehow I feel tempted to change him into a Grandmaster (and he still we looks cool)... Specially because I got Leo's Iceblade.

I will take a bit of advantage and drop two questions here about the DLC classes: First, do you guys think is good to make Hinoka!Foleo a Dark Flier or a Grandmaster? I was thinking in these class for him, even if he lost staffs.

And second, I know that you can't buy DLC skills online, but... If I give DLC skills to a character in one file (Awakening for Oboro for example), then I put that character in the logbook, can I buy the DLC skills in another file, or is impossible too?

And second, I know that you can't buy DLC skills online, but... If I give DLC skills to a character in one file (Awakening for Oboro for example), then I put that character in the logbook, can I buy the DLC skills in another file, or is impossible too?

That's a good question, I feel as if the answer is No, but I don't think any of the units I took from there are recruitable in my Birthright campaign so I won't know until IK. Hopefully you get an answer before that. :)

I've seen people use the Ballista on their archers, usually Takumi and Niles, respectively.

Azura looks great as a Great Lord (no pun intended) but her stats suffer greatly (again, NPI).

Witches are usually used on Orochi, Nyx, or Ophelia, from what I've been seeing, but there was one who used it on Anna.

I've only seen one Dread Fighter and it was Mozu.

Vanguard is usually used on Avatar, Ryoma, and Xander, though I gave Scarlet the Aether book.

Grandmaster has been used on Leo and Avatar countless times, though it seems somewhat redundant for Leo except he's no longer weak to Beast Killer weapons.

I gave Hinata the Lodestar class.

I've never seen a Dark Falcon but I hear people put it on Hinoka, Subaki, and Scarlet.

Most of these seem cliche at first glance, but it's actually useful since they already have proficiency in those respective weapons.

Ive seen Nyx and Ophelia as witches.

Mozu and Kaze as Dread Fighters.

Vanguard on Xander Corns Seigbert. (I have it on Corn and Arthur)

Grandmaster on Saizo and Leo.

Peri Azura and Oboro as Great Lord.

Laslow as Lodestar.

Dark Flier on Leo Saizo Forrest Ellise Sakura and Odin.

I think I'm enjoying Dark Flier Leo too much and he even looks good in the outfit, but somehow I feel tempted to change him into a Grandmaster (and he still we looks cool)... Specially because I got Leo's Iceblade.

I will take a bit of advantage and drop two questions here about the DLC classes: First, do you guys think is good to make Hinoka!Foleo a Dark Flier or a Grandmaster? I was thinking in these class for him, even if he lost staffs.

Skills learned by DLC classes can't be 'learned' outside of using the books/scrolls that obtain them or learning them in the respective DLC class. DLC skills can only be learned by:

A) Reclassing to said desired DLC class and leveling up to learn the skills then reclass out of the DLC class after you learn the skills you want.

B) Using DLC Skill Books/Scrolls to learn the skills from said skillbooks/scrolls that are out so far (outside of JP, we only have Aether, Heavy Blade, and Veteran's Intuition so far).

C) Do both A and B.

I have tried before but DLC skills don't show up in the a unit's skill set should you try to use your own logbook to learn them from the same character or from the same character belonging to another player, I tried with my BR Rhajat that had the Witch DLC Skills but they don't show up when I try to get my RV Rhajat those skills and I tried to test it with my Nina who wanted the Dark Falcon skills from another player but both times the DLC skills don't show up. The most probable reason I can think of is that DLC classes aren't treated as normal classes in-game as they are bonus content and separate from the main game data. If a character could inherit the DLC class or if a character came with a DLC class as one of their normal reclass options, then said skills could be learned via inheritance, My Castle (both yours and the other players) and logbook as it is coded for them to have access. However as DLC classes are bonus and not your 'normal' classes in the game, skills learned by a DLC class or DLC book/scroll skills can't be learned outside of using the books/scrolls or reclassing to a DLC class to learn those skills.

In *Spoilers* to 'reduce' space:

*Male Units with average to low Strength but decent to high Speed Growths and Stats (Vanguard).

*Male Units with even Strength/Magic Growths and stats with decent Skill Growth/Stats (Grandmaster).

*Female Units with normally high Magic Growth/Stat and good Skill/Speed/Luck Growths and Stats (Witch).

*Units with normally great Strength Growth/Stat and average Speed Growth/Stat (Lodestar/Great Lord).

*Units who work great as support due to stat growths (either having poor growths and/or stat caps) (Ballistician).

*Units with good Strength/Magic/Speed Growths and Stats and can survive solo without back-up if they get isolated (Dark Falcon/Dread Lord).

**I'm not going to name characters because that would be a mouthful to type out my reasons.

Going for a DLC class solely for their skills (that can't be learned normally) is just pointless to me personally as it would be better for said classes to not exist if their only use is their skills offered.

Edited by Emblem Blade

I find that bulky characters like Benny or Ignatius tend to make good ballisticians for post gameplay, especially if they have Renewal. It makes it a lot easier to train weaker units if you have someone who can draw most of the fire, while at the same weakening the enemies with no risk of killing them (Opp. Shot).

Aesthetically Senno was made for the Dread Fighter Class.

eiqJjGq.jpg

Saizo I found makes quite a good Dark Flier. Easy access to replicate, and natural access to Life of Death if you need more damage (sub in aggressor if you're worrying about not being able to occasionally score the ORKOs and end up needing his durability), Kagero, Orochi, and Sakura are all solid moms for Asugi if you care about kids, and they all give him tomefaire access, natural bulk makes him able to take a hit if needed to (Agg build rather than LoD for this), especially with Horse Spirit or Guard Naginata.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I mostly kept to what I said with an exception.

I made Elise!Shiro a Dark Flier and he's pretty damn potent so far. Effie!Mitama is a Dread Fighter.

Edit: Also Selena's a Great Lord.

Edited by Ebony

Skills learned by DLC classes can't be 'learned' outside of using the books/scrolls that obtain them or learning them in the respective DLC class. DLC skills can only be learned by:

A) Reclassing to said desired DLC class and leveling up to learn the skills then reclass out of the DLC class after you learn the skills you want.

B) Using DLC Skill Books/Scrolls to learn the skills from said skillbooks/scrolls that are out so far (outside of JP, we only have Aether, Heavy Blade, and Veteran's Intuition so far).

C) Do both A and B.

Awww, that makes terrible that we can't have more Great Lords... Then I need to think very well who will get the seal. Thanks!

Awww, that makes terrible that we can't have more Great Lords... Then I need to think very well who will get the seal. Thanks!

Future DLC Xenologues, which JP already has, contain what you can say is unlimited Exalt and Hero Brands.

For those of us outside of JP, a lot of patience is needed.

• 3 months later...

They go up to forty, but remember that promoted classes are considered level+20. For example, a level 5 swordmaster would change into a level 25 lodestar.

You can't get the item to change into Great Lord until you beat Before Awakening. And you don't get access to the DLC until My Castle opens up after chapter 6.

Therefore, it would need to be someone who joins at Level 1, unpromoted, after chapter 6. Some of the retainers fit that, and Mozu is perfect for Great Lord.