Your Favourite Retainers!

Kakeyo

So we have a million threads on who the best royal is (we even have a DLC map dedicated to the strongest royal), but who is the best retainer? I know there are 16 of them, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve love. :p

My top three are:

1. Saizo

2. Odin

3. Beruka

What about you guys? Favorite retainers?

Edited by Kakeyo

Beruka, Selena, Laslow, Odin, Peri, Setsuna, and Arthur are the ones that really stand out to me. All characters I plan on using in the game. Its hard to choose favorites because they are all interesting to me, and have their own reasons for being good units, both gameplay wise and story.

I have to go with Oboro on this one. Clearly she's doing something right for Takumi since he actually likes her more than he likes his other support partners, and even though she likes him romantically she's also willing to step down because she thought her feelings were inappropriate since Takumi's her lord. They also have a pretty nice "power balance" in that they can interact more like equals than a purely professional relationship. Again, I feel she's the best retainer because whatever she's doing for her lord to best look after him, it's clearly working.

For the purpose of a list, I'm going to count Jakob and Felicia as Corrin's retainers.

[spoiler=length]

1. Niles

2. Oboro

3. Felicia

4. Arthur

5. Saizo

6. Selena

7. Subaki

8. Jakob

9. Peri

10. Laslow

11. Effie

12. Hana

13. Odin

14. Beruka

15. Hinata

16. Kagero (lol)

17. Azama (I forget he exists)

18. Setsuna (I forget she exists too)

You should change topic name for "your favourite retainers" anyyyyway.
My top is:

1- Hana (When she fight Kamui at conquest, the thing she says touched me, maybe not really what she was saying however how close she is to Sakura, how she's friend with her and want her to be happy.

2- Niles (Sadistic eyepatch... ARRRRRRRRR)

3- Yukimura (good old Yuki, i like this he's like father for Hoshidian family, especially after Mikoto death. He really want every of royals to be safe, also he want all of them to protect, as well as his country, also he's one of those characters i miss in revelations)

4- Azama - I just like him, also i see alot of potential in him as combat unit.

5- Oboro - I just like her apparence, and her class.... obviously

For the purpose of a list, I'm going to count Jakob and Felicia as Corrin's retainers.

[spoiler=length]

1. Niles

2. Oboro

3. Felicia

4. Arthur

5. Saizo

6. Selena

7. Subaki

8. Jakob

9. Peri

10. Laslow

11. Effie

12. Hana

13. Odin

14. Beruka

15. Hinata

16. Kagero (lol)

17. Azama (I forget he exists)

18. Setsuna (I forget she exists too)

I always thought opposite gender maid/butler and Kaze were the Avatar's retainers, but both the maid and the butler work too. :3

You should change topic name for "your favourite retainers" anyyyyway.

My top is:

1- Hana (When she fight Kamui at conquest, the thing she says touched me, maybe not really what she was saying however how close she is to Sakura, how she's friend with her and want her to be happy.

2- Niles (Sadistic eyepatch... ARRRRRRRRR)

3- Yukimura (good old Yuki, i like this he's like father for Hoshidian family, especially after Mikoto death. He really want every of royals to be safe, also he want all of them to protect, as well as his country, also he's one of those characters i miss in revelations)

4- Azama - I just like him, also i see alot of potential in him as combat unit.

5- Oboro - I just like her apparence, and her class.... obviously

Okay? I have changed the title! :3

I have to go with Oboro on this one. Clearly she's doing something right for Takumi since he actually likes her more than he likes his other support partners, and even though she likes him romantically she's also willing to step down because she thought her feelings were inappropriate since Takumi's her lord. They also have a pretty nice "power balance" in that they can interact more like equals than a purely professional relationship. Again, I feel she's the best retainer because whatever she's doing for her lord to best look after him, it's clearly working.

I haven't looked at many of the supports for the game yet (waiting for Friday) but that does cast Oboro in a better light for me - I never much paid attention to her before. >.>

Do Felicia, Flora and Jakob count?

I always thought opposite gender maid/butler + Kaze were Avatar's retainers, but all the maids and butlers could be considered retainers instead - the game never specifies, really. >.>

On 15/02/2016 at 11:17 PM, Kakeyo said:

I always thought opposite gender maid/butler + Kaze were Avatar's retainers, but all the maids and butlers could be considered retainers instead - the game never specifies, really. >.>

Unless my memory is hazy, I think Suzukaze doesn't become Kamui's retainer unless they reach an A support. Could someone lemme know if I'm wrong?

Edited by Matt-hue

I think Felicia, Jakob, Flora, Gunter, and Kaze could be considered as pseudo-retainers since they're not ALWAYS Corrin's retainers in the game. Felicia and Jakob depend on gender, Flora and Gunter depend on route, and Kaze depends on support level.