[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

I have the fan translation patch working on a Japanese cart using homebrew and HANS on 10.3 without any cfw.

I used the method in this video tutorial:

Is it expected that the restoration patch could be installed in the same method, without the need for CFW? So would I be safe to update to 10.5? I will have the American Special Edition, if that matters. So for the restoration patch, I could dump the SE cart, apply the patch on my PC, put the patch on my SD card, then launch with the patch using HANS, just like with the fan translation on the JP version?

Or would it better to downgrade and install CFW? The only reason I would do it is just for the Fates patches and nothing else.

Thanks guys for making this patch (in advance).

Edited by XaosLogos

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed you can. It should work exactly the same way as on an o3ds or o3ds XL. The n3ds is slightly more bothersome because you either have to unscrew it to access the SD card or mess around with Nintendo's wifi file transfer stuff, but in terms of hacking it's pretty much the same.

Hey guys, some bit of data that I though you guys would like to know, you'll probably find this out tomorrow anyways, or already know this from early copies, but useful info nonetheless.

So, it seems that save data for Fates is universal, as in, any save works on all versions provided you have the content needed.
Take my Japanese SE for example, used svdt to extract the saves from the cartridge, used svdt to inject it into my NA Birthright Cartridge, works like a charm.
My friend has Conquest (NA) with Birthright DLC, copied my save onto his game and it also worked.
So not only is the romfs file structures for the games the exact same across all versions, most of the files are also the exact same, the only differences so far seem to be the translated text files (obviously), obvious stuff like Birthright missing all B folders (because it's Conquest stuff) or vice versa, and very few changed mechanics such as the Face rubbing/skinship, every other file is an exact match with the same structure and everything as I had pointer here.
Edited by DeathChaos25

When you patch the fan translation version, will most of the supports still be untranslated? Is it possible to keep the NoA translated supports in tact?

I'd like to know about this too, does it overwrite everything or does it just replace whats already translated?

Yes, it is planned for Homebrew. Also if you don't know how the patch will work for DLC beforehand, then it's safe to say you won't be able to apply it.

No, it wouldn't, for Homebrew users at least, assuming we can get it to work on Homebrew. Well, you would probably lose the blowing function. Dunno why you would think it would affect region lock and the like, but you wouldn't have region lock, being on Homebrew anyways.

Potential side effects? Uhh, you mess up and your game doesn't load, and so you have to redo the process again. If you're worried about bricking via Homebrew you're worrying too much.

oh shoot, looks like i have to deal with english voice in revelation T_T thanks anyway

oh shoot, looks like i have to deal with english voice in revelation T_T thanks anyway

That's not how it should work, the DLC only contains data for cutscenes, chapter script files, and any new maps (if any), all other resources are used from the base game, meaning you'll have to deal with English cutscenes in Revelation at worst, but the Undub should work as intended.

What I wonder currently is the undub's effectiveness during the Amie sequences. Since we know Amie lines/confessions are shortened and removed, there's already a problem for people who wish to keep Japanese voices BUT not use the Amie restoration patch. How will that part go, considering we won't be adding subs? Won't the Japanese overlap the localized confessions?

What I wonder currently is the undub's effectiveness during the Amie sequences. Since we know Amie lines/confessions are shortened and removed, there's already a problem for people who wish to keep Japanese voices BUT not use the Amie restoration patch. How will that part go, considering we won't be adding subs? Won't the Japanese overlap the localized confessions?

What do you mean? There's a double negative in what you just said.

Oh, sorry for the confusion!

Say I decide to use the undub patch, but I don't want the Amie petting, the Japanese voices would also affect the localized Amie, right?

So seeing the Japanese lines are way longer than the localized dialogues, how does that work out?

I'll check the library. If they're the same files, we'll just create a version of the undub that doesn't include Amie. (Honestly undubbing is very simple.)

If you were to use the Japanese Amie patch, well, that would be quite interesting. I have no idea what would happen.

We need to get a FAQ setup on your first post Trying haha.

This is great work you are doing. Although it's disappointing to know we wont be getting subtitles for the Amie mini-game. I suppose everyone who doesn't know Japanese was never meant to know what they are saying. Godspeed!

So, apparently all of Kana's S supports and some other S supports were changed to be platonic. I haven't read any of these supports. But if possible, could you make a patch that keeps their C-A the same (maybe add some romantic buildup if necessary) and changes a few lines of their S support around to have them get married and also have their status on menus listed as married? That and swimsuits are all I really want.

So, apparently all of Kana's S supports and some other S supports were changed to be platonic. I haven't read any of these supports. But if possible, could you make a patch that keeps their C-A the same (maybe add some romantic buildup if necessary) and changes a few lines of their S support around to have them get married and also have their status on menus listed as married? That and swimsuits are all I really want.

We're not going to release a patch that changes the supports, unless you're talking about using files from the fan-translations. We won't do anything specific like this though; you'll have to figure it out on your own.