[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

Hey guys, some bit of data that I though you guys would like to know, you'll probably find this out tomorrow anyways, or already know this from early copies, but useful info nonetheless.

So this means I can use svdt to export my save from my Japanese cartridge and import it into my American one?

This is awesome!!! I'll try doing it as soon as I get my SE tomorrow and see if it works. If I have any questions about svdt or the process, is it ok if I ask you?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this means I can use svdt to export my save from my Japanese cartridge and import it into my American one?

This is awesome!!! I'll try doing it as soon as I get my SE tomorrow and see if it works. If I have any questions about svdt or the process, is it ok if I ask you?

Maybe. Assuming the saves are compatible, you can do that, but there's no guarantee they will be. If they aren't, there's not much you can do.

Why not just get the Japanese version and copy the text over?

Because most people don't have a Japanese 3DS, or have the capability to patch all of the Japanese version (DLC is hard to patch).

Also, we can't provide a script patch, because that's directly copyright infringement.

Iiiiii'm just gonna wait a few weeks after the game has been released and everything is ready.

Of the planned patches i'm mainly interested in

- Name restoration

- Amie restoration

- Japanese VA

Depending on how changed the localized translation is from the original I might also go with the fan translation.
Thing is tho I have zero clue regarding homebrew and roms. So once everything is out it would be really helpful if there was some link to a guide explaining what specifically needs to be done to get those 3-4 patches installed.

it would be really helpful if there was some link to a guide explaining what specifically needs to be done to get those 3-4 patches installed.

1. Install Homebrew on your 3ds using your preferred entrypoint. Here are all the files you need to get started, along with a list of entrypoints and instructions for each.

2. Dump your game using Braindump. Make sure you have plenty or room on your SD card (at least 2GB, to be safe).

3. Obtain xorpads for your game using various homebrew. I'm unsure what the team's officially endorsed method for this on 10.5 is, and would appreciate someone weighing in.

4. Insert the dumped game and xorpads into the patcher.

5. Put the resulting file in the /hans folder on your 3ds's SD card. Launch Homebrew, insert the game, and launch it using hans.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

So I understand that if I buy the other copy by DLC just homebrew alone will not let me patch the DLC but what if I had the special edition would that be the same case?

Well, kinda. You still can't patch DLC, but Revelations wouldn't be DLC in that case...

Well, kinda. You still can't patch DLC, but Revelations wouldn't be DLC in that case...

So are you saying that since the special edition has the Revelations path already on the cartridge then its possible to patch it? Is it safe to assume if I got the Noir version alone then when Revelations was released and I bought it in the DLC store then I could not patch it? Honestly I am not very sure how buying the other routes actually works.

So are you saying that since the special edition has the Revelations path already on the cartridge then its possible to patch it? Is it safe to assume if I got the Noir version alone then when Revelations was released and I bought it in the DLC store then I could not patch it? Honestly I am not very sure how buying the other routes actually works.

Yup, it should be fine for SE users. As for patching DLC, you'll either already know how to (which is an advanced technique) or you'll have to take more grey routes that also requires <9.2 firmware.

Yup, it should be fine for SE users. As for patching DLC, you'll either already know how to (which is an advanced technique) or you'll have to take more grey routes that also requires <9.2 firmware.

Ah I see, thanks for the responses. I somewhat regret not buying the special edition now haha as my firmware is at the latest as I play with friends online.

You are doing gods work since nintendo is to much of coward in Jrpg's lately to understand the importance of the original voices in them. Your work makes it feel like I didn't waste 60 dollars on another bad voiced english turd Jrpg (cause of english va).

Hopefully they decide to have the voices in the future as dlc or update. I cannot stand english-only in jrpg unless they do it right like namco bandai.

It would be absolute gem if they never put english voices in it or made it have japanese voice from start.

Edited by codeseeker

Public service announcement: stop insulting the localized version. If the base game was really that bad, nobody would care enough to improve it, but that's obviously not the case since the translation team have dedicated so much time and effort to doing so.

So chance of getting account locked for not having cia since cannot have cfw after 9.2 is that correct or am incorrect.

If you're above 9.2, you just can't run cfws period. It's not a matter of whether Nintendo will block you or not.

Patching the DLC is hard and we don't officially support it. If you want to sort through what needs to be done to make it work on your own, you're welcome to try. If you're not interested in patching the DLC, you shouldn't have any need for cias.

We're not going to release a patch that changes the supports, unless you're talking about using files from the fan-translations. We won't do anything specific like this though; you'll have to figure it out on your own.

Hey sorry I have a couple questions. I'm a little confused, why won't the supports be patched? Is there a reason why? Because I feel that should be high on the list. I'd also like to clarify something, I know the JP version has a patch, will the NoA version have a patch? And will it be able to restore content? I'm sorry if that's been answered in another thread. Thanks again.

Hey sorry I have a couple questions. I'm a little confused, why won't the supports be patched? Is there a reason why? Because I feel that should be high on the list. I'd also like to clarify something, I know the JP version has a patch, will the NoA version have a patch? And will it be able to restore content? I'm sorry if that's been answered in another thread. Thanks again.

Please read the OP. If it's not planned, then it's not there.

And this is for the NoA version....

Please read the OP. If it's not planned, then it's not there.

And this is for the NoA version....

Apologies I was reading 2 threads at once, was reading one for the undub. Sorry for the confusion. I'd still like to know why the majority is being translated and not the supports. I'm not being snide or anything, I'd just like to know if something about the games coding prevents it or something.

Can't wait for the amie to be patched back in! Thank you so much for doing this!

Edit:

Question, will the amie use the american voice?

Also, how will you fill the ammie with cut dialogue, if that's the case? Use Japanese voices for those, and american voices for ending scene?

Will it be a mix?

I don't mind whichever way you do it, but it was said the amie wouldn't have subtitles, so i think most people would like to understand what they're saying.

Edited by dabige1230

Apologies I was reading 2 threads at once, was reading one for the undub. Sorry for the confusion. I'd still like to know why the majority is being translated and not the supports. I'm not being snide or anything, I'd just like to know if something about the games coding prevents it or something.

This is the one for the undub.... Wanna check your tabs again?

Can't wait for the amie to be patched back in! Thank you so much for doing this!

Edit:

Question, will the amie use the american voice?

Also, how will you fill the ammie with cut dialogue, if that's the case? Use Japanese voices for those, and american voices for ending scene?

Will it be a mix?

I don't mind whichever way you do it, but it was said the amie wouldn't have subtitles, so i think most people would like to understand what they're saying.

Amie will use American voices for the confession scenes, that's what's planned.

Also, a HANS undub is available already on Reddit. We're working on fixing the Kamui voices as of now, so sit tight and use that for now please.

Edited by luyairis

Amie will use American voices for the confession scenes, that's what's planned.

Also, a HANS undub is available already on Reddit. We're working on fixing the Kamui voices as of now, so sit tight and use that for now please.

Damn :/ good work regardless. Guess I'll have to youtube the supports. Can't stand the American voices.