[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, so it's unlikely for the digital version to get an undub?

The nature of digital versions of games makes it hard to patch. Also, this doesn't involve us, the method used (HANS) is developed by smealum. As stated above, it's not in our control.

Hello! So I was wondering if I were to update my old 3ds xl to 10.5 from 10.3, can I still use HANS in order to downgrade the firmware to 9.2? Or is it not possible to use? My friend told me that the cfw is only good for 9.2? (sorry new to all of this haha). I do have the physical copy of the special edition if that means anything.

Thank you!

edit: I have never done homebrewing, but the past week or two been looking around on how to do it. Atm I don't have anything to put the sd card into the computer but will work on buying that. Since I need that to use the braindump right?

Another reason I am asking this is because since I don't have the sd memory reader to put my 3ds sd card into the computer I can't access wireless in order to input the map pack code because it keeps telling me to update >.<,

Edited by Sindiyah

Hello! So I was wondering if I were to update my old 3ds xl to 10.5 from 10.3, can I still use HANS in order to downgrade the firmware to 9.2? Or is it not possible to use? My friend told me that the cfw is only good for 9.2? (sorry new to all of this haha). I do have the physical copy of the special edition if that means anything.

Thank you!

edit: I have never done homebrewing, but the past week or two been looking around on how to do it. Atm I don't have anything to put the sd card into the computer but will work on buying that. Since I need that to use the braindump right?

Another reason I am asking this is because since I don't have the sd memory reader to put my 3ds sd card into the computer I can't access wireless in order to input the map pack code because it keeps telling me to update >.<,

You should read up on what you're getting yourself into (for Homebrew and for Downgrading).

You can't use HANS to downgrade, and if you're on 10.5 you can't downgrade at all.

You might as well downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2 and get CFW. Then update that CFW and have fun.

You should read up on what you're getting yourself into (for Homebrew and for Downgrading).

You can't use HANS to downgrade, and if you're on 10.5 you can't downgrade at all.

You might as well downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2 and get CFW. Then update that CFW and have fun.

Ah yes forgive me I may have worded that incorrectly. I don't have the gateway 3ds but was going to use the rxtools. I do have the menuhax, the kit starter and sysUpdater in a folder ready for when I get the sd memory reader.

So if I were to update to 10.5 as of right now, I wouldn't be able to use the undub, fan translations, original names patches right?

Also thank you for the quick reply!

Ah yes forgive me I may have worded that incorrectly. I don't have the gateway 3ds but was going to use the rxtools. I do have the menuhax, the kit starter and sysUpdater in a folder ready for when I get the sd memory reader.

So if I were to update to 10.5 as of right now, I wouldn't be able to use the undub, fan translations, original names patches right?

Also thank you for the quick reply!

Well Gateway is a CFW too...

But if you update to 10.5 you will still be able to use the patches.

Well Gateway is a CFW too...

But if you update to 10.5 you will still be able to use the patches.

Oh good I'm sorry if it was confusing to understand. I was just curious because I couldn't use the wireless or add the map pack code due to the 3ds telling me to update. So that's good to know I can play the english and just wait until the fan patches come out and do the homebrew to install it to the sd card (of course I'll be quadruple checking if I have all the current updates etc)

Thank you again for answering my questions again! :)

Frankly i have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to this sort of stuff, But I'm fairly sure I'll muddle through with the power of the Internet.

Might i get a Very detailed List of the things I will need to patch the Amie back into Eu Special Edition ?

First of all, thank you really much for doing this.

I have several question that I would like to ask.

1) Is it possible to post the instructions on how to use the patch when the team is done with the patch?

2) I've the entire thread and found that I have to use "xorpads" to patch it? I am quite confused by this as I thought xorpads can only be used with 9.2 version or below.(Mine current version is 10.5)

Frankly i have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to this sort of stuff, But I'm fairly sure I'll muddle through with the power of the Internet.

Might i get a Very detailed List of the things I will need to patch the Amie back into Eu Special Edition ?

Sure. But someone else will probably do it, we suck at writing tutorials.

First of all, thank you really much for doing this.

I have several question that I would like to ask.

1) Is it possible to post the instructions on how to use the patch when the team is done with the patch?

2) I've the entire thread and found that I have to use "xorpads" to patch it? I am quite confused by this as I thought xorpads can only be used with 9.2 version or below.(Mine current version is 10.5)

1. See OP: *faq to be posted at a later date*

2. Research a bit more into HANS :)

Great works! Though I need some clarification on the priority of your patches. From what I see what you guys are doing some fixes to MU's voice options first, but what will be next after that? Or, the numbers in first post actually indicate the priority? Kinda didn't make sense much at first time because the rough undub patch is already out on reddit.

Can I assume that the patch works similar to the instructions below? (I manage to apply an undub patch provided by someone from reddit)

Instructions:

• Download the undub from the link below

• Extract the .7z you downloaded (with 7zip, WinRAR, etc.)

• Place the "00179X00.romfs"-file to the hans folder at the root of your SD card (not in /3ds/hans). Create it if you don't have one.

• Open Homebrew Launcher and select HANS

• Select the game by using the D-pad (left/right)

• Wait for the settings screen to appear (this is not 100% stable, crashes can happen)

• Toggle the romfs feature to "Yes".

• Start the game.

• If it crashes before the game starts, try again.

• Note: HANS can be reseted by pressing (L+R+DOWN+B), which takes you back to the Homebrew Launcher menu. I've been told that the game's own soft reset do not work, so I recommend using this one (though since HANS is somewhat unstable, it might crash on you).

Fear not... its on a different front but i understand the pain of explaining things to someone that is completely new to something, i merely need to know what i need then i kinda solve it from there. (like a jigsaw >.<)

thank you in advance for your Hard work, now i just need EU's release date to be Confirmed what a painful wait that'll be. ._.

Can I assume that the patch works similar to the instructions below? (I manage to apply an undub patch provided by someone from reddit)

Instructions:

• Place the "00179X00.romfs"-file to the hans folder at the root of your SD card (not in /3ds/hans). Create it if you don't have one.

• Wait for the settings screen to appear (this is not 100% stable, crashes can happen)

• Start the game.

• Note: HANS can be reseted by pressing (L+R+DOWN+B), which takes you back to the Homebrew Launcher menu. I've been told that the game's own soft reset do not work, so I recommend using this one (though since HANS is somewhat unstable, it might crash on you).

Yeah, that's how most HANS patches work...

Edited by thedude28

Damn, I'm gone for half a year from the homebrew scene for the 3DS and there's all this new stuff I have to learn about now.

I'm guesssing HANS is LivePatch-like thing (PSP homebrew) where it softpatches a game's files when you boot it up with what you provide? Does it work with retail carts, or only a ROM?

Instructions:

• Start the game.

Hey so I got this to work as well just now. Does the support conversations not get any voicing at all?

That's not how it should work, the DLC only contains data for cutscenes, chapter script files, and any new maps (if any), all other resources are used from the base game, meaning you'll have to deal with English cutscenes in Revelation at worst, but the Undub should work as intended.

whoa really? neat! thanks anyway

You know, it would be really neat if that wasn't the answer. I've done a lot of looking on my own for xorpad information and it's far easier to find downloads for them (which I'm sure you wouldn't want) than it is to find how to get them without a cfw. I'm willing to hazard a guess that a lot of people who try to find the solution on their own run into that too, so indirectly you're promoting piracy by not at least giving people something to get started on with the xorpads.

I've got a copy-paste hans tutorial I've been throwing around for a while now, and the only hole in it is where to get the xorpads.

1. Install Homebrew on your 3ds using your preferred entrypoint. Here are all the files you need to get started, along with a list of entrypoints and instructions for each.

2. Dump your game using Braindump. Make sure you have plenty or room on your SD card (at least 2GB, to be safe).

3. Obtain xorpads for your game using various homebrew. I'm unsure what the team's officially endorsed method for this on 10.5 is, and would appreciate someone weighing in.

4. Insert the dumped game and xorpads into the patcher.

5. Put the resulting file in the /hans folder on your 3ds's SD card. Launch Homebrew, insert the game, and launch it using hans.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi