[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice, looking forward to it! :)

Yup. SciresM confirmed that getting in the accessory shop back was pretty easy in terms of coding. We also have working versions of our own undubs and name changing, but not all the names are changed yet, and the undub has some broken voices.

I made an account just to thank you lot fo being an incredible collection of fans.

Is there anything I can do to help with the patch? I'm only an English major so it'd mostly be grammar and old fashioned vernacular to which I'd do any good.

Nope you're not good to go. You need an homebrew launcher to use the patch. I invite you to scroll up to Czar_Yoshi's post explaining how to get homebrew working. If you can do it, I don't know which OFW (if you are on an official firmware) allows to use homebrew and which don't.

Edited by Wilhem

I made an account just to thank you lot fo being an incredible collection of fans.

Is there anything I can do to help with the patch? I'm only an English major so it'd mostly be grammar and old fashioned vernacular to which I'd do any good.

Anything is fine! PM me your Skype.

I don't mean to sound rude or impatient, but how long would an undub patch like this take to create? I have a copy of the NA version and have absolutely no motivation to play with English dubbing,

Edited by dm0dwc

I don't mean to sound rude or impatient, but how long would an undub patch like this take to create? I have a copy of the NA version and have absolutely no motivation to play with English dubbing,

Most of the voices are already done but there's a critical error in MC VA.

This might sound dumb, but my 3DS does not use homebrew. Does the patch require this?

I just have a regular New 3DS XL, with a Birthright Cartridge and an SD card. Do I just have to copy the patch somewhere in the SD card and I'm good to go?

You'll need to set up Homebrew, but you have all the hardware you need to do that. If your game is the JP version you can play right away once you've set things up, but if it's the localized version the patch isn't ready just yet. Installing Homebrew:

1. Install Homebrew on your 3ds using your preferred entrypoint. Here are all the files you need to get started, along with a list of entrypoints and instructions for each.

2. Dump your game using Braindump. Make sure you have plenty or room on your SD card (at least 2GB, to be safe).

3. Obtain xorpads for your game using various homebrew. I'm unsure what the team's officially endorsed method for this on 10.5 is, and would appreciate someone weighing in.

4. Insert the dumped game and xorpads into the patcher.

5. Put the resulting file in the /hans folder on your 3ds's SD card. Launch Homebrew, insert the game, and launch it using hans.

It broke my heart when i found out about the changes that I stopped playing it :c

I have a copy of the NA version and have absolutely no motivation to play with English dubbing,

That's a shame. Just so you guys know, if your expectations of this game are so high that one small aspect of it being imperfect can make it not worth playing, you might as well save your time and not even bother with the game at all, patched or not- it has plenty of (major) unrelated issues this patch won't do anything to change. For that matter, you might as well give up games alltogether, because nothing's going to meet expectations that high.

The patch is very nice and for many people is a definite improvement to the game, but if you react that badly to perceived flaws, it's not going to be enough to make it playable. So chill and appreciate the game for what it is, k?

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Hello everybody. I want to help in this project.
I know that Fire Emblem: Fates UNDUB that was made from Mauste, and was in reddit and others sites.
Sorry, but I took what he made, and I tried to fix by myself some issues. I was able to fix most:
- At least all videos and scenes for the first and second route, should be perfect (For example: A lot of muted voices and screams in Chapter 5. In Chapter 6, the "Big Brother/Sister", was muted from them. Now they say "Nii-sama" and "Onii-chan".)
- Third route should be checked, but it must be fine.
- I tried fixing lips sync. But, I need people to test if is fully fixed.
If all is fine, the only issue left, are the swapped Corrin voices. I tried to fix them, but I still cannot find where are the sound files from the character creator. The issue is there and in the story, right?
And of course, check if Kana freeze and other issues are gone. Of course, the goal of this, is have this, the most perfect possible.

It bother to upload a patch?
And, BTW, who has a completed save from this game? Will be great for test things.

That's a shame. Just so you guys know, if your expectations of this game are so high that one small aspect of it being imperfect can make it not worth playing, you might as well save your time and not even bother with the game at all, patched or not- it has plenty of (major) unrelated issues this patch won't do anything to change. For that matter, you might as well give up games alltogether, because nothing's going to meet expectations that high.

The patch is very nice and for many people is a definite improvement to the game, but if you react that badly to perceived flaws, it's not going to be enough to make it playable. So chill and appreciate the game for what it is, k?

Are you actually implying that voice acting in a story-driven game is merely a "small aspect"? The English voice acting is arguably awful and I just want my first playthrough of the game's story be the authentic experience.

Regarding the undub for Kamui:

It's in the bscar.bin, but there's no binary mapping available. We're going to try and manually do it tomorrow.

Are you actually implying that voice acting in a story-driven game is merely a "small aspect"? The English voice acting is arguably awful and I just want my first playthrough of the game's story be the authentic experience.

You already lost that whne you decided to play Fates, lol. The only way to get a full experience is to play the original Japanese version, even our fan translation suffered due to text limits.

Edited by luyairis

I want to say: Thank you to everyone involved with this.
I was messing around with some stuff and it dawned on me how it's no easy task swimming around the files [or maybe it is and I just don't know any better], but either way, thanks for taking a bit of your free time to work on this.

Also, I want to ask a tiny lil question: after the undub is fixed, what's next? I'm interested in the name restoration patch. [sorry if this comes out kinda rude, I'm just curious].

Edited by mkinfinite

I want to say: Thank you to everyone involved with this.

I was messing around with some stuff and it dawned on me how it's no easy task swimming around the files [or maybe it is and I just don't know any better], but either way, thanks for taking a bit of your free time to work on this.

Also, I want to ask a tiny lil question: after the undub is fixed, what's next? I'm interested in the name restoration patch. [sorry if this comes out kinda rude, I'm just curious].

Names will probably come out at the same time, that's easy.

Amie comes next, is what we intend.

Sweet. It's nice to see there will be a patch. I find the dub decent enough but the song.. Sorry to Americans and the singer but it's.. Bad compared to the Japanese version.. I wish 8-4 would localize the next if there's any Fire Emblem after this one.. Treehouse.. Stop..

Crap.. I think my 3ds auto updated last night..

I am pretty much chilling playing other games instead, but I can totally understand their frustrations about changes that change the entire characters' origins and supports. The voice issue can be somewhat fixed with undub patch even though it is still not perfect. I would say just let them vent frustration in other threads, you guys' work is the only thing that is gonna stop them anyways. I am just hoping you guys finish the translation for JPN version, which is the easiest way to restore all features without voice glitches.

I just wanted to thank everyone who's working on this project! I was really looking forward to the Japanese voices, names and Amie and was pretty bummed when I heard they weren't going to be included. Looking forward to using this! ^-^

Edited by PunkRoyal