[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone I just have a couple of questions I hope you could answer.

So I prepped my 3DS to 9.2 with browser hack but haven't proceeded with anything else yet:

What are the advantages of using the US version with the Japanese version?

If I use Japanese version, can I download JPN DLC on my US 3DS with CFW?

If I get Conquest, does the browser hack exploit allow me to download the rest of the DLC for the remaining routes?

My friend was using Gateway since he said getting DLC is easier, should I get one?

A lot of my concerns relate to the DLC . I don't mind playing the current Japanese version with the unpatched IK route but the Japanese special edition but will I be able to play IK on a US 3DS since it is only DLC?

Also what is the level of Japanese needed to be a translator? I've been taking Japanese classes for 3 years and my sensei said that's probably at a middle school level.

Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions.

Edited by TwintailsMiku

Yes. You'll need either someone else with homebrew or a powersave.

You need to have something to inject saves, like Powersaves, or already have homebrew to use Oothax.

Sorry in advance if I sound dumb, this is my first time looking into hacking my n3DS. Just clarifying as I have the same issue that ~Aemilia~ has (firmware 10.6 and no Homebrew on my system) but I WILL be able to use this patch if I have a powersave and Oot3D and use that method to get Homebrew onto my 3DS. Also, will I still be able to buy DLC and play them on my n3DS if I end up hacking it in this way? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Arkanus92

Hey everyone I just have a couple of questions I hope you could answer.

So I prepped my 3DS to 9.2 with browser hack but haven't proceeded with anything else yet:

If I get Conquest, does the browser hack exploit allow me to download the rest of the DLC for the remaining routes?

My friend was using Gateway since he said getting DLC is easier, should I get one?

A lot of my concerns relate to the DLC . I don't mind playing the current Japanese version with the unpatched IK route but the Japanese special edition but will I be able to play IK on a US 3DS since it is only DLC?

Also what is the level of Japanese needed to be a translator? I've been taking Japanese classes for 3 years and my sensei said that's probably at a middle school level.

Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions.

If you can read Japanese, is patching it that important?

You'll need to install emunand and a cfw. Gateway makes certain parts of this process simpler, but isn't necessary. Once you have cfw, the region of your 3ds won't matter at all for DLC. Do note that patching the DLC is pretty hard, though.

Sorry in advance if I sound dumb, this is my first time looking into hacking my n3DS. Just clarifying as I have the same issue that ~Aemilia~ has (firmware 10.6 and no Homebrew on my system) but I WILL be able to use this patch if I have a powersave and Oot3D and use that method to get Homebrew onto my 3DS. Also, will I still be able to buy DLC and play them on my n3DS if I end up hacking it in this way? Thanks in advance!

Yes, you will be able to use it with OoT and something to set up OoThax (either another 3ds with homebrew already installed, or a powersave). You can buy and play the DLC provided your game and 3ds have matching regions, but you won't be able to patch it.

I'm sorry, I don't understand this question.

Yep, it's possible.

The browser hack alone will not as far as I know, you would need to add additional programs to your SD card, and if if you're going through that trouble you might as well install CFW while you're at it. You'll also be prompted to update your firmware if you try to legally purchase it.

If you're at 9.2 already, a Gateway is a waste of money in my opinion. Just look up how to split your NAND and (preferably) how to set up CFW on coldboot.

Edited by Notius

Yes, you will be able to use it with OoT and something to set up OoThax (either another 3ds with homebrew already installed, or a powersave). You can buy and play the DLC provided your game and 3ds have matching regions, but you won't be able to patch it.

Okay, thanks a lot for the info. Am I correct in assuming that it will be possible to back-up your default game so that you can revert it if you so choose?

Edited by Arkanus92

Can I trouble you for some clarification towards my specific situation? Provided I have OoTHax on 10.6 and a digital copy of the game, what patches can I expect to work. More specifically, I don't care to use the Japanese audio patch, the dub doesn't bother me personally. I'm more interested in restoring the accessory shop, Amie, butchered names, and the support path dialogues. Kana's S rank supports suffered from a particularly atrocious case of nosy editing from what I've heard. I'm also curious if I'll be able to patch the other two paths considering my initial copy is digital.

Edited by Merik2013

Can I trouble you for some clarification towards my specific situation? Provided I have OoTHax on 10.6 and a digital copy of the game, what patches can I expect to work. More specifically, I don't care to use the Japanese audio patch, the dub doesn't bother me personally. I'm more interested in restoring the accessory shop, Amie, butchered names, and the support path dialogues. Kana's S rank supports suffered from a particularly atrocious case of nosy editing from what I've heard. I'm also curious if I'll be able to patch the other two paths considering my initial copy is digital.

10.6 and digital? HANS doesn't work with anything DLC, so basically, nothing can be patched. As of now.

I'm sorry, I don't understand this question.

Yep, it's possible.

The browser hack alone will not as far as I know, you would need to add additional programs to your SD card, and if if you're going through that trouble you might as well install CFW while you're at it. You'll also be prompted to update your firmware if you try to legally purchase it.

If you're at 9.2 already, a Gateway is a waste of money in my opinion. Just look up how to split your NAND and (preferably) how to set up CFW on coldboot.

1. He's asking about the translation patch on a JP copy vs the delocalization patch on an NA copy, I think. As for that, in NA's favor, you have a lot more freedom to pick and choose between which aspects are restored, the JP version will never have the localized script/VAs inserted, and the NA SE allows easy patching of Revelation. Also, you can play NA normally without any patching whatsoever, in the event that your Homebrew method becomes locked in the future or you just get tired of it. In JP's favor, it's easier to get ahold of the SE (Hoshido and Nohr only). Really, NA is the way to go.

4. If you're at 9.2 already? Gateway doesn't work above 9.2, what's it going to help you with above that? That said, it's not needed for any part of the patch.

Okay, thanks a lot for the info. Am I correct in assuming that it will be possible to back-up your default game so that you can revert it if you so choose?

You can, yes. But you'll need to change it back to OoThax every time you want to access Homebrew again, which is a big pain if you play it regularly.

4. If you're at 9.2 already? Gateway doesn't work above 9.2, what's it going to help you with above that? That said, it's not needed for any part of the patch.

Huh, had no idea flashcarts didn't work above 9.2, I always figured people used them because they had upgraded. Either way, seems like a waste of money if you can get the same result with cfw.

1. He's asking about the translation patch on a JP copy vs the delocalization patch on an NA copy, I think. As for that, in NA's favor, you have a lot more freedom to pick and choose between which aspects are restored, the JP version will never have the localized script/VAs inserted, and the NA SE allows easy patching of Revelation. Also, you can play NA normally without any patching whatsoever, in the event that your Homebrew method becomes locked in the future or you just get tired of it. In JP's favor, it's easier to get ahold of the SE (Hoshido and Nohr only). Really, NA is the way to go.

Isn't NA going to be missing the amie subtitles? Also I'm not sure how they'll manage the Avatar voices, but it might be a pain. Something worth keeping in mind.

Some do such as the Sky3DS, as for the Gateway you need to be in official firmware 9.2 maximum for your system nand to make it work but you can use a emunand currently up to firmware 10.6.

Sky3ds can't support hacks, though. Its only purpose is piracy.

Isn't NA going to be missing the amie subtitles? Also I'm not sure how they'll manage the Avatar voices, but it might be a pain. Something worth keeping in mind.

Currently there's no way to put English subtitles in the patched JP version. If the JP Amie is patched into NA, I don't expect that to change.

Thank you for your answers! I've been researching about CFW and Gateway and not a lot of things were clear regarding DLC. I thought I needed a Gateway to download DLC if my base 3DS region was different than the DLC region. Also, I don't really need subs for the amie since understanding spoken Japanese is easier for me. I need a dictionary when I read however, since I have memorized only about 500 kanji. So I was thinking the JP version would be better for me but the US version has all routes just without JP voices and NoA changed some stuff.

you can downgrade 10.3 to 9.2 and install EmuNAND which is easier to play your own patched .cia (easily converted from rom).

Would I be able to use homebrew on 10.5 with cubic ninja? It wouldn't require internet that way?

Edited by PunkRoyal

I just want to clarify some things-

So you copy the patcher and the zip files onto the SD card, put the card into the 3ds, and it'll patch automatically?

Will the patch be tested before hand?

And this will work on the NA special edition as well?

Thank you SO, SO, SO MUCH for making this patch!! I was wondering if you were going to make a separate patch just for the Saizo and Beruka, and "magic dust" conversations for those of us who like the original dialogue. Thanks again for saving us.