[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

Low priority.

1. Yes. Stated so to work with all versions in OP.

2. If you can access Homebrew via several of the methods, all non-dlc content can.

3. Clearly you're using Homebrew, so no, you can't brick it. Several of those may break the patch though.

Ah, alright. I use all of my 3ds functions pretty regularly so I'm probably going to have to pass.

Still, great job on all of the work!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, yeah, I guess I'll just save for a japanese 3ds.

You will need exactly the same stuff to patch it on a JP 3ds that you will on an NA 3ds, and a JP 3ds costs more than that stuff in the first place, so that won't fix anything.

You will need exactly the same stuff to patch it on a JP 3ds that you will on an NA 3ds, and a JP 3ds costs more than that stuff in the first place, so that won't fix anything.

I don't mind paying a bit more for the japanese 3ds. I'm learning japanese and could actually buy other games that haven't been localized like Dai Gyakuten Saiban. Besides, even if I buy Birthright again, I don't know if it'll work with my 10.6 update, and I don't have the other things others were mentioning (something about Ocarina of Time, I think) to be able to use the patch with a different method.

I don't mind paying a bit more for the japanese 3ds. I'm learning japanese and could actually buy other games that haven't been localized like Dai Gyakuten Saiban. Besides, even if I buy Birthright again, I don't know if it'll work with my 10.6 update, and I don't have the other things others were mentioning (something about Ocarina of Time, I think) to be able to use the patch with a different method.

It's ironic that you mention that cause several of us in Team If are also working on the Great Ace Attorney fanslation.

It's ironic that you mention that cause several of us in Team If are also working on the Great Ace Attorney fanslation.

I had no idea that you were also translating Great Ace Attorney. That's great news! Anyway, I don't know what I'll do yet. I'll just stick to the english version for now. Hopefully, a solution will come up for the downloaded version and if it doesn't it's ok too. I just had a bit of bad luck :P

It really depends on the firmware version of the JP 3ds, but that's a pretty expensive gamble.

Update:

We have our first patches almost done, they should be ready by the end of this week sometime.

The patches are for name-changing and item-changing. Skills are still under testing.

The accessory shop is still being worked on, so whether or not it gets released is really up to DeathChaos25.

A tutorial for People Who Have Never Hacked™ is also in the works.

Hi guys, first off I just want to thank you for this project. I apologize firsthand for asking this, but will the patch work for .cia files found in other sites? Or do I need a .3ds version and convert it once its patched?

I've also read that it kinda doesn't work on dlcs, assume I got a .cia dlc somewhere, would it work with the patched cia? Thanks!

Hi guys, first off I just want to thank you for this project. I apologize firsthand for asking this, but will the patch work for .cia files found in other sites? Or do I need a .3ds version and convert it once its patched?

I've also read that it kinda doesn't work on dlcs, assume I got a .cia dlc somewhere, would it work with the patched cia? Thanks!

We don't support piracy.

Update:

We have our first patches almost done, they should be ready by the end of this week sometime.

The patches are for name-changing and item-changing. Skills are still under testing.

The accessory shop is still being worked on, so whether or not it gets released is really up to DeathChaos25.

I have been waiting for a long time for name changing. Great work! Hopefully I can see it uploaded by the end of today.

So, I've been checking things and... Well, just wanted to make it clear.

If you kinda intended to get the game from the eshop, you're kinda screwed. If your firmware is up to date, you are also somewhat screwed. And if you aren't screwed, then you have some more annoyances to face each time you boot up the game.

Is that kinda the gist of it?

Edited by Megaolix

So, I've been checking things and... Well, just wanted to make it clear.

If you kinda intended to get the game from the eshop, you're kinda screwed. If you're firmware is up to date, you are also somewhat screwed. And if you aren't screwed, then you have some more annoyances to face each time you boot up the game.

Is that kinda the gist of it?

If you have ReiNAND or EmuNAND to use your own patched .cia then it works just like digital copy and no hassle of patching a second time. This is only if you're on 9.2 firmware

Edited by Astora

you're screwed with "no-hassle" method.

I'll take hassle if I have to.

Then again, it's not like I desire to patch the game as soon as announced patches are out. There is one patch I want most of all before I start playing and it's the translation patch. Maybe something will have changed to make it easier once that one is out.

Screenshot of Accessory shop in USA version of Fates

pIEmifY.png

I PM'd the Team If coders listed in the OP, hopefully they respond and we can get some more content restoration happening here ^_^

Do you have any idea when it will be released? :)

If your sysnand is on 10.6, your options are limited to oot3dHax, smashHax, and ninjhax to get started with HBL. If you're not, you can and should use much simpler methods such as browserhax and menuhax. Just go google it, it's easy to find guides about everything about cfw, downgrading sysnand, homebrew, etc.

I have a quick question: I'm running the installed patched .cia of the JP SE on rxTools emunand 10.6, and when I start the game it tells me there's a software update available. Is it okay to let it update it, or should I avoid that?

Edited by nowiColada

If your sysnand is on 10.6, your options are limited to oot3dHax, smashHax, and ninjhax to get started with HBL. If you're not, you can and should use much simpler methods such as browserhax and menuhax. Just go google it, it's easy to find guides about everything about cfw, downgrading sysnand, homebrew, etc.

I have a quick question: I'm running the installed patched .cia of the JP SE on rxTools emunand 10.6, and when I start the game it tells me there's a software update available. Is it okay to let it update it, or should I avoid that?

It should be fine to update.

Screenshot of Accessory shop in USA version of Fates

Question: if you buy/equip some stuff that the patch restores with the patch on, then play with the patch off, what happens? Does the gear you bought stay; you just can't buy more? Does it disappear, then reappear when you start with the patch again? Does it disappear for good? Or does it read your save as corrupted without the patch?

Thank you so much! ^.^