[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

Question: if you buy/equip some stuff that the patch restores with the patch on, then play with the patch off, what happens? Does the gear you bought stay; you just can't buy more? Does it disappear, then reappear when you start with the patch again? Does it disappear for good? Or does it read your save as corrupted without the patch?

It will be the same as transferring a JPN save to a USA game, the swimsuits would simply disappear from your inventory.

Edit: So the swimsuit ETA has changed from "Soon™" to "whenever the next update comes out".

Edited by DeathChaos25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take hassle if I have to.

Then again, it's not like I desire to patch the game as soon as announced patches are out. There is one patch I want most of all before I start playing and it's the translation patch. Maybe something will have changed to make it easier once that one is out.

If you're on 10.6 then your situation is similar to mine. If you want to be able to patch everything including downloaded paths you're going to need a custom firmware. In order to get that you need to downgrade to firmware 9.2. You can only downgrade to 9.2 if you can get your firmware down to at least 10.2-10.3. Here's the sticking point however: In order to get from 10.6 to 10.2 you need a hardmod on your 3ds (physical modification to the hardware) and a backup of 10.2's firmware. If you don't have those you'll need to send it to someone who offers this as a service. That's gonna cost you time and money. I've already got someone lined up and will likely be sending them my N3DS in a week. Thanks Treehouse, I really needed all this hassle in my life.

I'm still on 10.5, but I haven't bought the other routes as DLC yet. Would it be possible to download and patch them still, or will I have to wait for 10.6 to be exploited so I can buy them. I've been out of the hacking scene for a bit and I'm not nearly as familiar with the 3DS in comparison to the DS and PSP.

I'm still on 10.5, but I haven't bought the other routes as DLC yet. Would it be possible to download and patch them still, or will I have to wait for 10.6 to be exploited so I can buy them. I've been out of the hacking scene for a bit and I'm not nearly as familiar with the 3DS in comparison to the DS and PSP.

Dlc won't patch on 10.5 as of now. The methods to do so are not developed by us.

Edited by luyairis

If you're on 10.6 then your situation is similar to mine. If you want to be able to patch everything including downloaded paths you're going to need a custom firmware. In order to get that you need to downgrade to firmware 9.2. You can only downgrade to 9.2 if you can get your firmware down to at least 10.2-10.3. Here's the sticking point however: In order to get from 10.6 to 10.2 you need a hardmod on your 3ds (physical modification to the hardware) and a backup of 10.2's firmware. If you don't have those you'll need to send it to someone who offers this as a service. That's gonna cost you time and money. I've already got someone lined up and will likely be sending them my N3DS in a week. Thanks Treehouse, I really needed all this hassle in my life.

I'm going to go cry in a corner for a while then. This is not the sort of hassle I can do.

All I wanted at minimum was to replace the horrible translation... ;_;

Edited by Megaolix

10.6 support is only limited for now. Smealum and the others will probably release new methods in the future.

...True. Like I said before, it's not like the translation patch is out NOW. I was gonna wait regardless.

Wonder if those guys are aware of this and working so the patch can be smoothly applied in the future...

I hope so, that'd be awesome. I'll wait patiently :)

I would say anybody who is on 10.6 should not only wait patiently but also DON'T update your firmware whenever your 3ds prompt up. That way when new methods for downgrading appears again, you guys won't have to deal with more waiting than you already have.

I would say anybody who is on 10.6 should not only wait patiently but also DON'T update your firmware whenever your 3ds prompt up. That way when new methods for downgrading appears again, you guys won't have to deal with more waiting than you already have.

Yes, you're right. I'll be extra careful from now on :)

I've got a question though. What do updates to the 3ds usually do? Allow you to buy DLC or...?

Edited by amaicherii

I have o3ds and successfully install cfw on it.....but the screen so small lol. Sadly my N3DS is on 10.5. I think it's probably a good time to stop updating the 3ds.

From my knowledge, update 3ds basically blocks hack....like 10.6 now blocks the browserhax......

I've got a question though. What do updates to the 3ds usually do? Allow you to buy DLC or...?

Officially? They "increase stability."

Most of the updates recently have been to prevent hacking, though 10.5 specifically fixed a problem that 10.4 introduced that could corrupt SD cards.

Officially? They "increase stability."

Most of the updates recently have been to prevent hacking, though 10.5 specifically fixed a problem that 10.4 introduced that could corrupt SD cards.

I see, thanks for the info! It also allows you to access the eshop, right? I remember I once needed to access it and it only let me after I updated...so, here's a bit of a difficult question: suppose I'm able to patch Birthright and it works great; if I update the 3ds after playing it patched (in order to buy other games), does that mean I won't be able to use the patch again?

I see, thanks for the info! It also allows you to access the eshop, right? I remember I once needed to access it and it only let me after I updated...so, here's a bit of a difficult question: suppose I'm able to patch Birthright and it works great; if I update the 3ds after playing it patched (in order to buy other games), does that mean I won't be able to use the patch again?

Homebrew Menu has it's own eShop application that should allow you to access the eShop without updating.

Though once you gain access to the Homebrew Menu, if you have a physical copy of:

- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

- Cubic Ninja

- Super Smash Bros.

You should try to install one a hax save file to one of them so you can keep your entry point in case you decide to update anyway.

Edited by Notius

Homebrew Menu has it's own eShop application that should allow you to access the eShop without updating.

Though once you gain access to the Homebrew Menu, if you have a physical copy of:

- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

- Cubic Ninja

- Super Smash Bros.

You should try to install one a hax save file to one of them so you can keep your entry point in case you decide to update anyway.

Great, thanks for the info! :)

Soon

I think it's impressive how fast these guys have been working on this project!

I mean, this thread was opened Feb 16th, this means that in just under one month, they were able to break open the NA game, add back features, and design their own patcher! Incredible.

This is assuming they started working on it at or around Feb 16th. Even if not, still impressive!.

Edited by jtenma

Screenshot of Accessory shop in USA version of Fates

pIEmifY.png

I PM'd the Team If coders listed in the OP, hopefully they respond and we can get some more content restoration happening here ^_^

So I'm curious, originally, was this removed entirely from the US version?

I see the translated description is still in the text dump, but one person said they couldn't find the accessory values.

So I'm curious, originally, was this removed entirely from the US version?

I see the translated description is still in the text dump, but one person said they couldn't find the accessory values.

The item reference information was stripped out, but some of the data like that was left in.

Basically, all of the data is in the game, it just needed to be pieced back together into an item reference.

Neat. Now I'm curious what would happen if you played with someone else and they looked at that character in My Castle or something. Crash?

Question: Does this patch the US or JAP ver. of the game?

NA- everything this patch adds back in is already in the JP version.

If you want to patch the JP version into English, that's what the other thread is for.

Neat. Now I'm curious what would happen if you played with someone else and they looked at that character in My Castle or something. Crash?

Nothing, I'd guess. They probably just see you with no accessory.

A small update,

DeathChaos25 (who joined us) has confirmed that there are actually dubbed Amie lines that can be used. You know what this means (Amie restoration should now include English dub instead of Japanese).

Edited by luyairis

A small update,

DeathChaos25 (who joined us) has confirmed that there are actually dubbed Amie lines that can be used. You know what this means (Amie restoration should now include English dub instead of Japanese).

Do we still have the option to use the Japanse voices? That'd be greatly appreciated!