[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

I know that much, I have the undub running know. As far as I can tell Hans can only run one romfs, so are all the patches going to have to get compiled into a single file in the end?

Well, you combine whatever patch you want and compile that into a single romfs.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahem, another noob question here.. (sorry I really know NOTHING about hacking) you combine them how? putting all the patches in the same folder?

I don't know, because only one patch has been released so far.

Though I'm pretty sure the answer would be yes, you'd just throw all the patches into one folder.

So, I'm wondering: there's the name chart on the Fates page here on Serenes, but are you guys using those names (from the Fan name column), or are you using your own? I don't know if you're gonna be retranslating or editing anything, so I don't know if I should wait until the script is released to get the final names you all use.

I suppose even then, I don't have anything special on my 3DS, so I can only update my notes if I have a list from somewhere.

... Though truth be told, overall I think I translated those names better than the official version when I did them. I swear, anyone can be a translator these days.

EDIT: Gah, I think this may've technically been the wrong thread. Don't feel like double posting though, so hopefully someone answers.

Edited by CaelK

Try equipping a bath towel and then removing it, maybe that might help?

I found out the problem. All the towels I previously bought have turned into bold swimsuits. And all the love bracelets I bought turned into the seashell suit.

So, I'm wondering: there's the name chart on the Fates page here on Serenes, but are you guys using those names (from the Fan name column), or are you using your own? I don't know if you're gonna be retranslating or editing anything, so I don't know if I should wait until the script is released to get the final names you all use.

I suppose even then, I don't have anything special on my 3DS, so I can only update my notes if I have a list from somewhere.

... Though truth be told, overall I think I translated those names better than the official version when I did them. I swear, anyone can be a translator these days.

EDIT: Gah, I think this may've technically been the wrong thread. Don't feel like double posting though, so hopefully someone answers.

I know there's a list around here somewhere. I thought it was in the OP of the other thread, but I guess it got moved. One of the team members should have it.

And there's a looot more to being a translator than names. Being able to read names takes about a week to learn. Being able to accurately do a narrative takes years of experience.

I'd appreciate more detailed directions. What exactly is the right way?

Wait until the tutorial comes out alongside the rest of the patch. It won't matter before that, and if it's still not covered then someone will go figure it out.

Wait until the tutorial comes out alongside the rest of the patch. It won't matter before that, and if it's still not covered then someone will go figure it out.

That doesn't work for me. I plan to send my 3DS off to get hard modded at the end of the week, so I need to prepare my backups ahead of time.

If you have emunand, you don't need to do any exploits of any sort (menuhax, etc) to install Homebrew. You can just do it without any various *hax.

Yes, that does mean you'll be able to use hans to patch stuff. But you'll also have all the tools you need to patch the DLC as well, if you can figure out how.

Thank you. I am assuming Homebrew can be installed via a .cia through FBI which you can install via the injection method, or another .cia installer.

One last question, regarding save file backups, since a system format may be involved: to back up save files for digital games, is it sufficient to simply export them using svdt before doing the downgrade and installing rxtools, then just importing them back using svdt once that is all done? Then I can just copy and paste the digital games back onto my SD card and they will work?

One last question, regarding save file backups, since a system format may be involved: to back up save files for digital games, is it sufficient to simply export them using svdt before doing the downgrade and installing rxtools, then just importing them back using svdt once that is all done? Then I can just copy and paste the digital games back onto my SD card and they will work?

I thought to try svdt as well, but it doesn't seem to work with Fates. It gives me the same problem as when I try to use it with Triforce Heroes. It just seems to softlock as soon as the game is selected with the lower screen going red.

Thank you. I am assuming Homebrew can be installed via a .cia through FBI which you can install via the injection method, or another .cia installer.

If you have FBI why use Homebrew? Just install the patched Fates as a .cia, you even retain online features, and no need to repatch. Edited by luyairis

this is great! good job, guys keep it up! looking forward to the rest of the patches,

having one patcher with all the mini patches and throwing them all in the patcher with the EU SP (when it comes out) will be awesome :)

since everything + the 3rd path (which will be on game) will be translated will be great the patches for content restoration will be most welcomed :) <3

Ah, thank you. I also managed to find what I needed to better understand the situation.

Do you mean you found a way to patch the Undub Patch that came up on Reddit? I was trying to combine this patch with the new files from here but I didn't see a way to extract an actual .romfs in the same way you could with a romfs.bin.

I found out the problem. All the towels I previously bought have turned into bold swimsuits. And all the love bracelets I bought turned into the seashell suit.

This sounds like the accessory IDs were shifted around to match the Japanese version.

Japanese Item ID list: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=6440

US Item ID list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bem9eu9IAEBm7d6PBZhtddDnDUnLpdoZ7ddenFSURmw/edit#gid=1077677946 (Unsure if it's entirely correct, because the ones in pink are untested)

Towels in English version are 0x37, in the Japanese version 0x37 is "Sexy Swimwear", localization calls it "Bold Swimsuit."

Love bracelets in English version are 0x3B, in Japanese version, 0x3B is "Shell Swimsuit", localization calls it "Seashell Suit"

So when DeathChaos added in the swimsuits it caused things to flip around like that.

If possible, I think it'd be best to leave alone the original order of the accessory values in the localization as is, and instead use the missing 3D to 40 like so:

3D: Bold Swimsuit (JP: Sexy Swimwear)
3E: Tropical Suit (JP: Flower Swimsuit)
3F: Dark Robe (JP: Dark Garb)
40: Seashell Suit (JP: Shell Swimsuit)
That way it doesn't interfere with the natural order when running the game without the patch.
EDIT: Added in more info.
Edited by Jacien

hello guys thanks for all your work

i have a question what is the xorpad in the patcher i don't know what to put there and everything i tried i get this massage (you are missing a xorpad :main.exheader )

thank you

That doesn't work for me. I plan to send my 3DS off to get hard modded at the end of the week, so I need to prepare my backups ahead of time.

You're getting your 3ds Hardmodded? So I assume you're on firmware +10.3. I don't think a hardmod would affect your Sysnand, so everything would be intact before and after the hardmod.

But for getting your 3DS CFW, you'd have to double downgrade first, and then get ReiNand/other CFW.

But then if you want to be extra extra safe, you'd want to unlink your NANDs to prevent an accidental update. And since you want to keep everything intact (which would entail backing up your saves too), that's a lot of work.

Edited by thedude28

You're getting your 3ds Hardmodded? So I assume you're on firmware +10.3. I don't think a hardmod would affect your Sysnand, so everything would be intact before and after the hardmod.

But for getting your 3DS CFW, you'd have to double downgrade first, and then get ReiNand/other CFW.

But then if you want to be extra extra safe, you'd want to unlink your NANDs to prevent an accidental update. And since you want to keep everything intact (which would entail backing up your saves too), that's a lot of work.

Yeah, this is the plan exactly. My main concern is that I can't figure out how or when to backup Fire Emblem Fates and by extension Triforce Heroes. The issue with these two games is they're using the +9.6 encryption and SVDT can't back up their save data. It just soft locks with a red lower screen the moment those games in particular are selected. Just for reference, I've have no problem backing up all my other games sans streetpass plaza for other reasons altogether. This problem is particularly distressing considering the situation. My understanding is that I'd need a CFW in order to get better save managers that can bypass this encryption, but the videos I've seen on installing CFWs seem to indicate that the sd card will need to be reformatted during the process which makes that kind of hard. I'm in need of some good advice on how to solve this dilemma.

Edited by Merik2013

I thought to try svdt as well, but it doesn't seem to work with Fates. It gives me the same problem as when I try to use it with Triforce Heroes. It just seems to softlock as soon as the game is selected with the lower screen going red.

Is this for Digital Fates? Svdt works for physical Fates, for me at least.

If you have FBI why use Homebrew? Just install the patched Fates as a .cia, you even retain online features, and no need to repatch.

That's actually a good point, I hadn't thought of that.

I've just been using HANS with my physical game on 10.3 so far so I assumed I would just do the same with emunand 10.6 once I get that working.

For this Patch, I'm planning to use both physicals since I'll never get the SE. So I assume revelations is not loaded through the home menu but rather from one of the games, right? Will there be a revelations patch for both games?

Also, I must be SOL since I'm above 9.2 (at 9.9), so I won't be able to get any dlc, huh? I can just wait for Gateway's 10.3 support and use FBI to get revelations?

Sorry for all the questions by the way. If the above is considered piracy and cannot be answered, then I suppose I can ask: once GW supports 10.3, I can emunand to access the eshop, yeah?