[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello i just buy physical copy of FE Fates Birthright and i have a new 3ds with the last update but there are to many page and i just want to know how to patch the game or is not finish?

Dump with Braindump (https://gbatemp.net/threads/braindump-prerelease-dump-game-contents-on-any-system-version.400920/)

(I think Braindump extracts the romfs and exefs separately for you already.)

Extract romfs (Use Ctrtool and a command located on the braindump page)

Download patches (From OP)

Open the zip file for the patch. Inside the zip folder, open a folder called patch, then a folder called rom. Copy everything that's in there to the romfs you extracted.

Rebuild romfs (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-romfs-builder.379330/)

Put it in appropriate location on sd card. (HANS can give you the path for that. Something like HANS/xxxxx.romfs)

There.

If you can figure out how to do that, great.

Nobody has made a beginner friendly tutorial yet, you should wait for that if you can't figure this out.

Edited by MyLegGuy

Dump with Braindump (https://gbatemp.net/threads/braindump-prerelease-dump-game-contents-on-any-system-version.400920/)

(I think Braindump extracts the romfs and exefs separately for you already.)

Extract romfs (Use Ctrtool and a command located on the braindump page)

Download patches (From OP)

Open the zip file for the patch. Inside the zip folder, open a folder called patch, then a folder called rom. Copy everything that's in there to the romfs you extracted.

Rebuild romfs (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-romfs-builder.379330/)

Put it in appropriate location on sd card. (HANS can give you the path for that. Something like HANS/xxxxx.romfs)

There.

If you can figure out how to do that, great.

Nobody has made a beginner friendly tutorial yet, you should wait for that if you can't figure this out.

Thanks

Sigh...nope, NTR Japanese language emulation plugin has no effect on my '??' avatar name. Guess I'll dig around my save files with a hex editor.

Gonna do a little experiment. Making two different new save files, identical in every way, saving at the same point, except one has a Japanese name and another written in English characters. Comparing the resulting hex files might yield results. Will report back.

EDIT: No progress to be had, lots of data seems to be way different across the two saves regardless of everything but name being held constant.

Edited by powermad80

so the swimsuit patch is useless ?

You can use the method in the video tutorial to patch it using Hans for the time being, same process.

Calight, same for you for patching the game.

Edited by SniperBear

Forgive me if this is a question that I'm asking far too late, but I still feel compelled to inquire about this...

Having come to understand some of the serious fuck-ups conducted by the Nintendo Treehouse team, I'm wanting to try out this patch further down the road, but I'm a bit worried about the translation. It was partly a translation and poor interpretation that launched the Soleil controversy, and furthermore, the way she's been interpreted by the localization team compared to how she was written originally in Japan is a bit irksome.

Having said that, what are the credentials of those who are handling the fan translation? What's their background in both the Japanese language, and their understanding of Japanese culture in relation to the writing of their characters?

Forgive me if this is a question that I'm asking far too late, but I still feel compelled to inquire about this...

Having come to understand some of the serious fuck-ups conducted by the Nintendo Treehouse team, I'm wanting to try out this patch further down the road, but I'm a bit worried about the translation. It was partly a translation and poor interpretation that launched the Soleil controversy, and furthermore, the way she's been interpreted by the localization team compared to how she was written originally in Japan is a bit irksome.

Having said that, what are the credentials of those who are handling the fan translation? What's their background in both the Japanese language, and their understanding of Japanese culture in relation to the writing of their characters?

Well you have to understand that for fan translations, translators range far and wide. That being said..

I am JLPT N1, semi-fluent in Japanese, and have lived in Japan for a bit. (I actually just moved back yesterday).

BrunhildeKnight is JLPT N3.

Iris in a Bottle is JLPT N1 and works as a translator in Japan.

PotatoPower can only read/comprehend game-related Japanese (but is incredibly accurate at that). Has fan-translation experience.

KentoBento is actually Japanese.

Hitomi is JLPT N2 (iirc) and is undergrad in Japanese (to-be interpreter).

Orange/Razer also formerly lived in Japan for 2 years (I think they worked as an interpreter?) Lots of fan-translation experience.

Master of Memes is at least JLPT N3.

Shadowofchaos725, I don't think he needs explaining :p

--

Note: JLPT does encompass the Japanese culture into it too. None of us in the group have any trouble relating it (and mixing it in).

Also, let's be real. Treehouse's translation wasn't bad. Their localization also, wasn't THAT bad. (See: Takumi: "Well, mold my onions.") In fact, knowing the scope of their job, they did pretty good. The only thing is, we just don't like it.

Edited by luyairis

Also, let's be real. Treehouse's translation wasn't bad. Their localization also, wasn't THAT bad. (See: Takumi: "Well, mold my onions.") In fact, knowing the scope of their job, they did pretty good. The only thing is, we just don't like it.

For most of it I would agree that its not too bad, but there are these moments randomly interspersed of awful changes and rewrites. You can find most of the worst changes as image macros that have been getting spread around. Its certainly enough to justify a project like this.

Partially agreed. I think the real killer is the lack of dual audio, they did not get professional work done for a lot of those characters (Camilla sounds like she's 60 and/or needs to lay off the menthols). That being said as I play through this fan translation, then when I need supports inject my save into the localization so I can at least read something, I do notice the difference in tone, everything seems to be fluffier in dialogue like a slightly cheesy sitcom on Nick@Nite, and I prefer the fan translation greatly because of that.

As for actual meaning, yeah, the localization for the most part did alright. We all know the bad examples though that we'd like to avoid, but not everything is too bad. Really I probably would have been happy enough playing it alone if they didn't do so many unnecessary name changes (Marx to Xander being the one that annoys me extremely) and were able to give it dual audio.

You can find most of the worst changes as image macros that have been getting spread around.

Those images are terrible. They don't provide a shred of context by themselves, and are spread mainly by people who just want to complain about stuff, usually for false extrapolations. If people would actually play the game for themselves instead of just looking at bad memes, we wouldn't have things like complaining about bad voice acting in unvoiced supports.

I think the real killer is the lack of dual audio

That's a financial/licensing issue, not Treehouse being eeevil. Dual Audio is very nice, but here it wasn't a matter of simply re-using existing resources.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

That's a financial/licensing issue, not Treehouse being eeevil. Dual Audio is very nice, but here it wasn't a matter of simply re-using existing resources.

I'm aware, I know the Japanese equivalent of the RIAA requires some hefty licensing deals whenever anything goes overseas (the issue for Hitori Omou, Aqua's song), and if they can't bring that song over it'd be pointless to do only a partial dual audio, so it got cut. I know it's not Treehouse's fault, but that doesn't make it hurt the game less. If anything though they could have at least done better work with the English VAs. I know voice acting in the west isn't as talent-rich a field as it is in Japan, but Awakening's dub was good, so we know they can do it.

Those images are terrible. They don't provide a shred of context by themselves, and are spread mainly by people who just want to complain about stuff, usually for false extrapolations. If people would actually play the game for themselves instead of just looking at bad memes, we wouldn't have things like complaining about bad voice acting in unvoiced supports.

The point simply is that there ARE memes instead of ACTUAL dialogue/translating. The images contain enough context to matter (irrelvant - ESPECIALLY when you've played through it on the JP cart and with the fan translation) It's not as simple as a complaint when an entire support level is nothing but "..." between two characters when there is literally 10 back and forths. That is being shit at your job and not trying and that's the kind of thing people are complaining about. That and the character rewrites. Elfie for example. Stoic knight, shy, doesnt talk much about how super stronk she is to, Sully 2.0 she dont need to man BECAUSE she's so strong. And lets not forget the Pickle crisis or the super dippitty duppitty dangerous dialogue choices written by people who think they know how to translate. It's just Treehouse being down right lazy and that is why people are complaining plain and simple. Memes are not an excuse to toss in to justify your terrible lack of vocabulary. (also please note not trying to start a war or anything, simply setting the record straight that the complaints are justified and valid in 99% of the cases.)

Excuse me, but I got my 3ds downgraded to 10.2 to 9.2 fw for the first time sucessefully on Sunday.

What other else I need to install for the Restoration Patch.? Since I'm confused.

Edited by Tide of Waves

Excuse me, but I got my 3ds downgraded to 10.2 to 9.2 fw for the first time sucessefully on Sunday.

What other else I need to install for the Restoration Patch.? Since I'm confused.

I believe current version of patch will work only on CIA version of game i suppose.

So in addition to downgrading you need to learn a bit of CFW and CIAs

Though i would actually wait for them to finish all plans before proceeding with game

Anyway guide for installing CFW on n3ds:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-setting-up-9-0-9-2-n3ds-xl-for-cfw-including-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

p.s. funny thing i cannot load sysUpdater on my n3ds as arm11 exploit is not working for some reason :D

Edited by Douman

psAdDwa.jpgSQPvrPV.jpgoebdAqm.jpgUKXDkTO.png

I've provided a small handful of examples to back up my previous claim. I don't believe context is important when they are displayed side by side with the original Japanese, nor do I find it relevant given the contents. If proof of legitimacy is required I'd remind you that this site hosts not only logs of the supports from the localization for also translated logs from the Japanese release. Readers fluent in Japanese on this board I'm sure would also vouch for their legitimacy. Regardless, that isn't a discussion that needs to take place. I only meant to highlight one of the many reasons people are supporting this project.

Edited by Merik2013

Ok so lemme ask a few questions that have been puzzling me:

1.Is this patcher already working? Or do I have to wait for the proper patches to restore content?

2.Is there any easy way to get the xorpads and prevent the missing main.exefs_7x problem with n3ds?

3.Does this work with the USA special edition?

Doing god's work btw, cheers guys.

I think if you are using physical copy you can use hans which in my opinion is good alternative to downgrading since you can use it currently with up to date versions.

Also from what I have heard from other forums related to the game it will not let you load the game if your device is below 9.6 so unless you have emunand/sysnand it can give you trouble.

(I never had that problem since my system is above 9.6 just reporting the problem if anyone hits a snag with it trying to use 9.2.)

I believe current version of patch will work only on CIA version of game i suppose.

So in addition to downgrading you need to learn a bit of CFW and CIAs

Though i would actually wait for them to finish all plans before proceeding with game

Anyway guide for installing CFW on n3ds:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-setting-up-9-0-9-2-n3ds-xl-for-cfw-including-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

p.s. funny thing i cannot load sysUpdater on my n3ds as arm11 exploit is not working for some reason :D

.... Mines an old 3ds, not new 3ds.

Anyways I hope my old 3ds doesn't auto update itself to the latest fw

Edited by Tide of Waves

Sorry if this bugs you guys too much but what's the time estimate and scope of the next restoration patch? Just a bit anxious as I think I will be switching over to the english release + patch when it's ready, since I found out with my friends that I can't do online play with them with my Japanese copy. That, and it was mentioned by someone maybe a week ago that it would be "a few days" until the restoration patch is ready, so I'm curious.

Edited by powermad80