[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yea can we use like the Restoration patches when going online on a firmware 9.2 on any 3ds for if/Fates?

I wouldn't do so for things that restore content used online, like swimsuits or accessories and such.

I think it'd be safe for anything that only has an aesthetic effect and stuff that's just offline though, like using the fan translation script and amie restoration.

I wouldn't do so for things that restore content used online, like swimsuits or accessories and such.

I think it'd be safe for anything that only has an aesthetic effect and stuff that's just offline though, like using the fan translation script and amie restoration.

What about the online patches found in other sites for if/Fates like the CIA.?

What about the online patches found in other sites for if/Fates like the CIA.?

Would not recommend, but it needs testing. Hopefully a fellow forum follower here will do it, cause I don't think any of us intend to.

Ok so lemme ask a few questions that have been puzzling me:

1.Is this patcher already working? Or do I have to wait for the proper patches to restore content?

2.Is there any easy way to get the xorpads and prevent the missing main.exefs_7x problem with n3ds?

3.Does this work with the USA special edition?

Doing god's work btw, cheers guys.

1. Yes. It is already working. You will have to wait for other patches for other restorations.

2. The only way to get xorpads is already easy enough. And if you do it right you can prevent that missing xorpad.

3. Yes. Read the OP.

If you're on 9.2 then you should go ahead and install a cfw, delink your nands, and update emunand to 10.6.

here's a solid video tutorial for doing this on a version 9.2 OLD 3DS

TBH if you're already on 9.2 follow this guide entirely.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-setting-up-9-0-9-2-n3ds-xl-for-cfw-including-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

Provides everything and as long as you take your time and read line by line, you're good.

The end result is an autobooting delinked emuNAND.

Question:

If I'm applying the Japanese VA, Fan Translation + Amie restoration patches, is there a chance for online crash? Because if the accessories cause crashes online, I'll pass on them.

It's just the accessories that are problematic. They cause people who don't have that patch to crash. Specifically, if their game tries to call an item up and it leads to an invalid item reference ID their game will crash.

Great. So if I use the accessory patch, and I actually use the new items, I will make people crash if I play with them (most likely).
Therefore, if I want the new accessories & play online, I might as well just use them offline only.

Thanks!

I've provided a small handful of examples to back up my previous claim.

Notice how, in every one of those side-by-sides, the images of the fan translation are screenshots while the images of the localization are pictures with a significant quality loss?

The official localization changed a lot of things that didn't need to be changed, yes. It removed stuff from the game, sometimes for no reason. The JP version is definitely better and I'm very glad this patch exists. I'm not arguing any of that, I completely agree.

But portraying the localization using objectively worse images (regardless of what they show) ascribes to them a fault they do not have. It makes them, even if you're not consciously thinking about it, worse than they really are. That's what I have a problem with- Treehouse messed up, and I'm for trying to fix their problems, not make them worse. Giving people restoration patches does the former. Depicting the problem as worse than it really is, even if it's already bad, does the second.

Notice how, in every one of those side-by-sides, the images of the fan translation are screenshots while the images of the localization are pictures with a significant quality loss?

The official localization changed a lot of things that didn't need to be changed, yes. It removed stuff from the game, sometimes for no reason. The JP version is definitely better and I'm very glad this patch exists. I'm not arguing any of that, I completely agree.

But portraying the localization using objectively worse images (regardless of what they show) ascribes to them a fault they do not have. It makes them, even if you're not consciously thinking about it, worse than they really are. That's what I have a problem with- Treehouse messed up, and I'm for trying to fix their problems, not make them worse. Giving people restoration patches does the former. Depicting the problem as worse than it really is, even if it's already bad, does the second.

no-one was making a comment regarding the quality of their camera. You're putting far too much weight on this. I don't believe anyone who's gone to the trouble to find this thread after seeing images like that actually believes the US release looks objectively any better or worse than the japanese version. I'd like to think most of us know how camera's work. You can tell at a glance that the conditions present for when the images were taken were not the same and that they may have been taken by separate individuals or with different cameras. The only thing people, including the individual or individuals who originally took those photos, actually care about in those images is the dialogue. This is turning into a bit too much of a diatribe for this thread. I vote that we shelf this conversation.

Edited by Merik2013

TBH if you're already on 9.2 follow this guide entirely.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-setting-up-9-0-9-2-n3ds-xl-for-cfw-including-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

Provides everything and as long as you take your time and read line by line, you're good.

The end result is an autobooting delinked emuNAND.

The guide you linked is for New 3DS, not Old 3DS. Its not advisable for users to follow guides not made for their respective systems as not all the steps and required files are 1 to 1.

The guide you linked is for New 3DS, not Old 3DS. Its not advisable for users to follow guides not made for their respective systems as not all the steps and required files are 1 to 1.

"This is mainly valid for N3DS, but will in general also work for O3DS. Where needed I put O3DS alternatives in the explanations."

It works fine for O3DS, the main difference is the BrowserHax may take a few attempts to load, and the CFW you'll use, as you can't use ReiNAND and instead would have to use Cakes or rxTools.

Not sure if this was mentioned by anyone yet, but it seems that 3DS firmwares 10.4,10.5, and 10.6 can downgrade to 9.2. From what I was reading, it may not be stable on N3DS yet though. This might give people a lot more options, myself included!

I'd link to a source, but I'm not sure if I'd be in violation of any rules.

I am wondering what the best way to go about patching the game would be though, considering I still haven't bought it in hopes for more Special Edition restock. I suppose I should wait for the tutorial (I do have a digital copy of OoT as well), but I'm not sure if the process for using ROMs and for patching the game to a digital version would be the same. If not, maybe I should update to 10.6 so that I can download the game, and then downgrade to 9.2. I'm hoping that since the DLC paths are purchased from inside the game, it wouldn't require current firmware.

Totally appreciate what you guys are doing.

Infact if it wasn't for this i will still be a regular guy without an account on serenes stalking at the back.

Also just recent, downgrading from 10.6 to 9.2 is now possible.

Edit:Mysticluminary ninja ed me lol.

Edited by AoiReflet

Not sure if this was mentioned by anyone yet, but it seems that 3DS firmwares 10.4,10.5, and 10.6 can downgrade to 9.2. From what I was reading, it may not be stable on N3DS yet though. This might give people a lot more options, myself included!

I'd link to a source, but I'm not sure if I'd be in violation of any rules.

I am wondering what the best way to go about patching the game would be though, considering I still haven't bought it in hopes for more Special Edition restock. I suppose I should wait for the tutorial (I do have a digital copy of OoT as well), but I'm not sure if the process for using ROMs and for patching the game to a digital version would be the same. If not, maybe I should update to 10.6 so that I can download the game, and then downgrade to 9.2. I'm hoping that since the DLC paths are purchased from inside the game, it wouldn't require current firmware.

There's only really two ways of patching the game.

1. If you have CFW, you can have a permanent patch solution (installing a patched CIA version of the game)

2. If you don't have CFW/don't plan on getting it, you can temporarily patch the game via HANS (requires a physical cart and homebrew on your 3ds)

I'm not sure if you can get OoTHax on a digital copy (if you can, great), but you'd still need another entry point to install OoTHax.

DLC is purchased within the game, and it does require the latest firmware (or a spoof) as you are accessing the eShop within the game.

Edited by thedude28

There's only really two ways of patching the game.

1. If you have CFW, you can have a permanent patch solution (installing a patched CIA version of the game)

2. If you don't have CFW/don't plan on getting it, you can temporarily patch the game via HANS (requires a physical cart and homebrew on your 3ds)

I'm not sure if you can get OoTHax on a digital copy (if you can, great), but you'd still need another entry point to install OoTHax.

DLC is purchased within the game, and it does require the latest firmware (or a spoof) as you are accessing the eShop within the game.

If you have physical OoT, there's a way to install it by manually adding a save file through a Powersave. You could grab both for $40 now that Nintendo introduced the Nintendo Selects line from Amazon

Is there anyone who can link or give a complete tutorial on how to patch this for beginners? I'm not sure what to do with all the Oot and CIA and CFW acronyms flying around, and I don't know what they stand for.

See op: Tutorial for HANS users in works.

OoT is Ocarina of Time (the game), .cia is a type of installer file for the 3DS (think stuff downloaded from eshop), and CFW is a custom firmware that people under 9.2 can use to, well, "enhance' their 3DS.

If you're a beginner we recommend HANS, which is a Homebrew option.

If you have physical OoT, there's a way to install it by manually adding a save file through a Powersave. You could grab both for $40 now that Nintendo introduced the Nintendo Selects line from Amazon

Is the Nintendo Select ver of OoT3D will work like the original OoT3D like installing it into OoT3Dhax.?

See op: Tutorial for HANS users in works.

OoT is Ocarina of Time (the game), .cia is a type of installer file for the 3DS (think stuff downloaded from eshop), and CFW is a custom firmware that people under 9.2 can use to, well, "enhance' their 3DS.

If you're a beginner we recommend HANS, which is a Homebrew option.

Ah, so they're in the process of writing a tutorial? I'll wait then.

Does HANS need firmware 9.2 and under?

Edited by Victory3114

Is the Nintendo Select ver of OoT3D will work like the original OoT3D like installing it into OoT3Dhax.?

It actually hasn't been released yet so I'm not sure. I'm assuming it's just a reprint of the old game at a bargain price but they *could've* updated the game to not work with it I suppose. Would be nice for someone to confirm or deny this come the 11th