[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question regarding the swimsuit patch:

I just started a new save and hit update data and recieved a bold swimsuit. I know this is possible since the registry was changed but I was wondering:

Will I get banned if I update data with a bold swimsuit on? Will it just change it to something else for that person or will it crash their game/ the changed registry get me banned?

I have a question regarding the swimsuit patch:

I just started a new save and hit update data and recieved a bold swimsuit. I know this is possible since the registry was changed but I was wondering:

Will I get banned if I update data with a bold swimsuit on? Will it just change it to something else for that person or will it crash their game/ the changed registry get me banned?

Because of the way Ids got moved around the 4 items for those with the patch that can cause problems for other players without the patch are the emblem shield, the love bracelet, the love swimsuit, and the hoshidan mask. I've made a few posts about this earlier in the topic if you want to read up on the details. Suffice it to say, using the swimsuits themselves shouldn't cause any problems for you as other player's games will just read and output them as other items. Those four I listed above, however, are now sitting on item ids that don't exist for players that don't have the patch, so they're the problematic ones.

Edited by Merik2013

Because of the way Ids got moved around the 4 items for those with the patch that can cause problems for other players without the patch are the emblem shield, the love bracelet, the love swimsuit, and the hoshidan mask. I've made a few posts about this earlier in the topic if you want to read up on the details. Suffice it to say, using the swimsuits themselves shouldn't cause any problems for you as other player's games will just read and output them as other items. Those four I listed above, however, are now sitting on item ids that don't exist for players that don't have the patch, so they're the problematic ones.

thank you! Sorry for the trouble, I should have looked first.

Only if you have CFW, which is only accessible if your FW is 9.2 or lower, at the moment you can only downgrade if you FW is 10.3 or lower, you can downgrade from 10.4/10.5 but only with a hardmod.

Correction you can downgrade from 10.4/10.5/10.6

p.s. if someone need info see gbatemp guides

Edited by Douman

Hey guys, looking for clarification.

I searched this thread, couldn't find a solid answer, so I'm asking the people and the devs here.

I have both physical copies of Fates NA release, still sealed in the packaging, because I found out what they did to the game (as we all did).

I have a N3DS with 10.7 firmware, and I can load up Homebrew using the Cubic Ninja exploit in my Sky3DS+.

Because I never opened my copies, I am using a .3DS copy of the Fates Special Edition NA version, in the Sky3DS+ flash cart.

As it stands, without homebrew, it will run clean, unpatched .3DS files.

Since it can also run homebrew, I am lead to believe that I can patch my .3DS copy using HANS, but I need to use a physical copy of the game. Does the Sky3DS+ cart count as a physical copy?

I have also gotten conflicting statements from multiple users stating I can use Sky3DS+, and those that say I cannot.

TL;DR is there any confirmation that using a .3DS file, using Sky3DS+, a N3DS 10.7, with homebrew.. is there any confirmation that this will work?

I'm trying to avoid setting everything up if it simply cannot be done at the moment. Really appreciate the feedback!

Yes, the Sky3DS+ will count as a physical copy (because it emulates the game). When other users said you couldn't use Sky3DS+, they meant you couldn't put a patched or modified rom into Sky3DS (because a real physical cart never would be able to be modified).

A modified rom being loaded will require a cfw.

Yes, the Sky3DS+ will count as a physical copy (because it emulates the game). When other users said you couldn't use Sky3DS+, they meant you couldn't put a patched or modified rom into Sky3DS (because a real physical cart never would be able to be modified).

A modified rom being loaded will require a cfw.

「いいですね」 Thank you for the clarification! Now I must follow the instructions in the OP..

Edit 1: Can confirm: Using a Sky3DS+, you can in fact use Hans to patch your FE Fates. I only tested the swimsuit patch at the moment, but the process works! Thank you for your work, will look forward to future releases!

Edited by cuddletrousers

Correction you can downgrade from 10.4/10.5/10.6

p.s. if someone need info see gbatemp guides

There's nothing stopping you from downgrading from 10.7 either. Downgrading from 10.3+ just requires you to use a different downgrader than before. Dont really need a hard mod anymore, at least for the time being. Edited by Merik2013

I wonder if at this point simply dubbing the JP version into english would be an easier solution than porting over amie into the localized version...

It probably is. Currently, everything we've tried (which isn't everything available) hasn't managed to work on Amie yet.

Will you guys have a fanslation patch for Revelations?

Uhh... it's there. You can essentially stick the raw "for CIA files" for Invisible Kingdom, stick it in the right folder for the English version and have it work.

Hey, I've been lurking this topic for a while. I got the undub and name change patches working and I've been really enjoying my experience. I really appreciate what you guys have done, and I'm sure many others feel the same. Thank you for your hard work!

Two things I would inquire/like clarified...I'm patching my Special Edition physical copy through Homebrew by Oothax...is there any way to exit to the home menu of the 3DS system? I've tried pressing the home button but that doesn't work. I literally have to turn off the entire system. The second question has to do with Streetpass. I know we are advised to not use any of these patches while online and do things such as visiting other castles, but Streetpass, itself, should be fine to activate, right?

Again, thank you all so much for putting time into this project. It's the first time I've ever patched a game, and it really is well worth it!

Press start in HBL (then A) to exit to main menu.

Streetpass, well, I'll let people who use the patch answer that.

So press L+R+dpad down+B to go back to the HBL from the game...then do as you say!

I'll wait and see what others say. Thank you for the help!

in the tutorial it said that hans may not be able to recognize dlc does that include the story routes because that's the only dlc I care about particularly as long as I can buy the physical copy and download the other routes and have the patch work with them then im good with that don't want to use anything other than hans since im not comfortable using anything other than homebrew thanks in advance and also this project is amazing try not to work yourselves to hard over the face touching stuff its a nice addition but not worth stressing over :)

in the tutorial it said that hans may not be able to recognize dlc does that include the story routes because that's the only dlc I care about particularly as long as I can buy the physical copy and download the other routes and have the patch work with them then im good with that don't want to use anything other than hans since im not comfortable using anything other than homebrew thanks in advance and also this project is amazing try not to work yourselves to hard over the face touching stuff its a nice addition but not worth stressing over :)

Commas, man.

Yes, the other routes are counted as DLC. If you have a special edition, everything is already on-cart, but if you only have a cart for one route, that route will be the only thing you can patch.

Just a heads up: the MEGA link posted for "Playable Chrom, Lissa, Frederick (Undub)" is actually redirecting for the (English) version.

The Dropbox links are correct, downloaded the Undub v3 and going to test tonight, thanks for that.

Those aren't hard subbed. That is in game data. The text is not part of the video file.

Replacing the video movies in the JP version with the English ones will do nothing.

Edited by shadowofchaos