[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those aren't hard subbed. That is in game data. The text is not part of the video file.

Replacing the video movies in the JP version with the English ones will do nothing.

I apologize for the ludicrous suggestion haha.

Much luck again to this team in their efforts at restoring Amie.

I have a few questions about this:

Would this work if I had the English special edition cart and all the English DLC (but didn't use any of the DLC)? Or would I have to delete the DLC data from my 3DS first?

Also, do I need to go through Chapter 6 to hack this, or can a Prologue save file be hacked?

Lastly, what are the risks of going online and interacting with people (like, say, if I wanted to give an accessory gift to someone)? And how easily recoverable is this once I do it? Is there a "reset button" (for lack of a better word), or is this permanent?

I'm only planning on enabling the missing outfits that were already partially localized (see https://imgur.com/pIEmifY?r if you haven't already). I don't need to do a full conversion, so I don't know how any more or less risky it would be in terms of console/game-bricking, online banning, and DLC compatibility.

Apologies for the barrage of questions. I think we all know how rare those special edition carts were, and I just wanted to know the risks before I jumped into this.

I have a few questions about this:

Would this work if I had the English special edition cart and all the English DLC (but didn't use any of the DLC)? Or would I have to delete the DLC data from my 3DS first?

Also, do I need to go through Chapter 6 to hack this, or can a Prologue save file be hacked?

Lastly, what are the risks of going online and interacting with people (like, say, if I wanted to give an accessory gift to someone)? And how easily recoverable is this once I do it? Is there a "reset button" (for lack of a better word), or is this permanent?

I'm only planning on enabling the missing outfits that were already partially localized (see https://imgur.com/pIEmifY?r if you haven't already). I don't need to do a full conversion, so I don't know how any more or less risky it would be in terms of console/game-bricking, online banning, and DLC compatibility.

Apologies for the barrage of questions. I think we all know how rare those special edition carts were, and I just wanted to know the risks before I jumped into this.

Depending on how you want to patch the game, it will either be temporary (need to patch it every time you start the game) or permanently.

Either way, you'll be "patching" the game the moment the game starts up.

There's no risks with you going online (unless you cheat, you filthy cheater), but the general rule of thumb is do not interact with anyone (whether it'd be streetpass or online) unless you are 100% sure/careful with what you are doing.

This is exclusive to the outfit restoration patch, since if you do pass a restored accessory to somebody, you may end up corrupting their save/game.

Generally if you want to "reset the patch," you'd just have to make sure that no one is wearing that restored outfit and not use your patching method (if you're permanently patching the game, you must make sure no one is wearing the outfit and then reinstall the game without the patch).

Edited by thedude28

Depending on how you want to patch the game, it will either be temporary (need to patch it every time you start the game) or permanently.

Either way, you'll be "patching" the game the moment the game starts up.

There's no risks with you going online (unless you cheat, you filthy cheater), but the general rule of thumb is do not interact with anyone (whether it'd be streetpass or online) unless you are 100% sure/careful with what you are doing.

This is exclusive to the outfit restoration patch, since if you do pass a restored accessory to somebody, you may end up corrupting their save/game.

Generally if you want to "reset the patch," you'd just have to make sure that no one is wearing that restored outfit and not use your patching method (if you're permanently patching the game, you must make sure no one is wearing the outfit and then reinstall the game without the patch).

To clarify, if I only have the name change and undub patch installed, streetpass is more or less safe? Sorry if I seem overly cautious, but I really do not want to negatively affect anyone else's game. I am graduating soon and would like to see if I can take advantages of people's streetpasses on campus while I still can. I would really be relieved if I can safely collect resources from other players or eventually collect the battle/visit bonuses (especially Ganglari). I am unlikely to directly use the wireless feature to communicate online or start a wireless battle, anyway, if that is what is specifically impacting people. (I suppose I also might be a little unclear if particular features of streetpass constitute as online, unlike the wireless option, which is straightforward.)

On another note, it was very amusing to play the Before Awakening DLC with my patches. Kamui and Felicia's voices were in Japanese via the undub patch, while Chrom, Frederick, and Lissa's were in English. I actually liked the English dub in Awakening so it really was quite funny.

Guys I have a question about Revelations: Given that it's booted not as a standalone game but rather from Conquest or Birthright, is HANS able to patch the revelations in conjunction with Birthright or Conquest?

The answer to that question is the same as the answer to my question to you.

Is Revelation on cart for you?

so does mean you can only play the revelations route patched if you have the special edition. this is directed at luyairis

I'm not luyairis but, that would indeed be the case.

Would only the JP voice, and some of the name restoration undub for ENG Special Edition would still work online, or is that still a risk to use.?

As long as the patch doesn't directly influence gameplay, it should be safe to use online.

The answer to that question is the same as the answer to my question to you.

Is Revelation on cart for you?

I'm not luyairis but, that would indeed be the case.

As long as the patch doesn't directly influence gameplay, it should be safe to use online.

No, revelations would be DLC for me. I've only got a hard copy of Birthright & Conquest.

Edited by Datasscidbro

To clarify, if I only have the name change and undub patch installed, streetpass is more or less safe? Sorry if I seem overly cautious, but I really do not want to negatively affect anyone else's game. I am graduating soon and would like to see if I can take advantages of people's streetpasses on campus while I still can. I would really be relieved if I can safely collect resources from other players or eventually collect the battle/visit bonuses (especially Ganglari). I am unlikely to directly use the wireless feature to communicate online or start a wireless battle, anyway, if that is what is specifically impacting people. (I suppose I also might be a little unclear if particular features of streetpass constitute as online, unlike the wireless option, which is straightforward.)

On another note, it was very amusing to play the Before Awakening DLC with my patches. Kamui and Felicia's voices were in Japanese via the undub patch, while Chrom, Frederick, and Lissa's were in English. I actually liked the English dub in Awakening so it really was quite funny.

It's great that you're cautious and all, but I just said that the risks associated with going online/using streetpass are exclusive to those who use the outfit restoration patch.

So, no, the name change and undub patch are more or less safe to use, since they don't directly influence gameplay.

No, revelations would be DLC for me. I've only got a hard copy of Birthright & Conquest.

So.... No.

It's great that you're cautious and all, but I just said that the risks associated with going online/using streetpass are exclusive to those who use the outfit restoration patch.

So, no, the name change and undub patch are more or less safe to use, since they don't directly influence gameplay.

So.... No.

I'm guessing I'd have to install a patched CIA then right?

Am I able to run a patched version of Revelations in conjunction with a HANS patched Conquest or Birthright? I'll have access to installing patched cia files once Gateway announces 10.3 support, or if I stop being lazy and just downgrade from 9.9 to 9.2.

Thanks

Edited by Datasscidbro

I'm guessing I'd have to install a patched CIA then right?

Am I able to run a patched version of Revelations in conjunction with a HANS patched Conquest or Birthright? I'll have access to installing patched cia files once Gateway announces 10.3 support, or if I stop being lazy and just downgrade from 9.9 to 9.2.

Thanks

You just need CFW to play patched DLC.

No, HANS just flat out doesn't work with DLC. Patched or not.

You can't use modified (or "patched") DLC with Gateway, it just flat out doesn't work.

About their 10.3 support, they're going to make you downgrade anyways, so it makes no difference if you use Gateway to downgrade or Homebrew to downgrade.

Edited by thedude28

So.... No.

Apologies, this is my first time patching, and while I was sure the outfit restoration patch was the only cause of the issue, the OP says not to use any of the content restorations online (I'm sure luyairis is busy, so I completely understand that it hasn't been updated). I just wanted clarification because my original post was not directly addressed, but thank you for your help and for giving me a straight answer. I no longer have any doubts.

well death chaos that kinda sucks since I'm waiting for the uk release which means I'm in for an even longer wait for the special edition now though then again I probably wont be able to afford it :( oh well thanks for answering :)

Edited by jjiohnson1992

Apologies, this is my first time patching, and while I was sure the outfit restoration patch was the only cause of the issue, the OP says not to use any of the content restorations online (I'm sure luyairis is busy, so I completely understand that it hasn't been updated). I just wanted clarification because my original post was not directly addressed, but thank you for your help and for giving me a straight answer. I no longer have any doubts.

To clarify gifting someone without the patch one of the swimsuits wont cause them any problems. Instead it will just give them a totally different item. I've explained why that is as well as gone into what items actually do need to be avoided when online with the patch in great detail several times already in this thread, so I recommend a quick search if you want to know more on that subject.

To clarify gifting someone without the patch one of the swimsuits wont cause them any problems. Instead it will just give them a totally different item. I've explained why that is as well as gone into what items actually do need to be avoided when online with the patch in great detail several times already in this thread, so I recommend a quick search if you want to know more on that subject.

I actually never had any intention of using the swimsuits patch. I suppose my question was more or less regarding the undub and name change patches with online/streetpass, which one of the users above me asked in a far more concise and effective manner. In retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have asked for added clarification and just taken action. But thank you for the additional information. I think I remember reading some of your posts a while back. I do not wish to spam the forum since my questions were answered, so I will just leave by saying I like your user icon.

do you guys think it wiil ever be possible to have a physical copy of one route patched and be able to patch the second and third downloaded route or is it completely impossible.

Without CFW it is completely impossible, without is the only thing you can do is patch whatever assets the other route reuses from your cart, such as character voices and portraits, so stuff like the swimsuit or undub would work, but stuff that patched in story assets specific to your downloaded DLC path cannot be patched without CFW.

I just wanted to say that thedude's tutorial for installing the patch via CFW was fantastic and had no issues at all. Give that man/women/android some cookies!

That being said how difficult will it be to update said patch once we get Amie functionality restored, more supports and story translated, etc? I did the permanent CFW patch so hopefully that doesn't mean we can't ever update again.

Edited by Lord Gorchnik

I just wanted to say that thedude's tutorial for installing the patch via CFW was fantastic and had no issues at all. Give that man/women/android some cookies!

That being said how difficult will it be to update said patch once we get Amie functionality restored, more supports and story translated, etc? I did the permanent CFW patch so hopefully that doesn't mean we can't ever update again.

When I looked through it it seemed pretty worthless to people like me who obtained the game digitally. I understand that I need to downgrade my emunand (delinked nands) to 4.x in order to use an exploit to obtain my title.db/ticket.db so that I can use it to download cia's of games I've purchased through the eshop prior to obtaining that file. What I don't is if there's a more up to date way of doing this by now. that method is a few years old now.

Edited by Merik2013

When I looked through it it seemed pretty worthless to people like me who obtained the game digitally. I understand that I need to downgrade my emunand (delinked nands) to 4.x in order to use an exploit to obtain my title.db/ticket.db so that I can use it to download cia's of games I've purchased through the eshop prior to obtaining that file. What I don't is if there's a more up to date way of doing this by now. that method is a few years old now.

I didn't account for those who obtained the game digitally since originally I had bought the JPN SE. This was also when there was only about 3 CFWs available for N3DS and there was no surefire way to legally patch a digital copy (HANS didn't come out yet I think), so yes my guide is absolutely useless when it comes to digital copies.

I personally think that digital copies are a whole separate thing and deserve a separate guide for that, simply due to the fact that you literally do everything different for digital copies.

But because the majority of the users (including myself) have a physical copy, I will not be writing a guide for that (unless there is enough demand for it, of course).

Though, I will do a bit of research to get an idea of what you need to do (I'm also sure that they're making developments on that front too, so that you don't have to downgrade to emunand 4.X).

But because the majority of the users (including myself) have a physical copy, I will not be writing a guide for that (unless there is enough demand for it, of course).

This line of thinking... it's a bit naive, isn't it? The US special edition is the only physical copy that had the third path, Revelations, on the cart. The edition was in extremely limited stock and didn't even last until release. Many people had their orders canceled on them. Most of your users and potential users are forced to get this path as dlc and would need to know how to patch dlc in order to apply the story patch to it. Yet despite this, by the same token that your guide does not explain how to patch digital copies of the base game, your guide does not explain how to patch dlc. I don't care if you write a guide on this yourself or not, but don't act like there's no call for it.

all right this is my last question just to be sure before spending so much money buying it if I get the special edition I will be able to patch it with homebrew and hans and it will work fine for all the routes because they're all on the same cartridge correct .