[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So then Amie is RIP? Sad.

I'm already boycotting Nintendo, but this just ensures that I'll never reconsider if they didn't even leave it patch able

Thanks for all your work, but I really only cared about Amie, but you guys deserve praise for all the free work you've done. Thanks you guys!

Hey guys, the work that's been done in this thread looks great! But... it was impossible to get my hands on a special edition. I'm stuck with the whole digital versions problem. Can we get a digital copies guide please? It would be great to enjoy this game the way so many already have.

Hey guys, the work that's been done in this thread looks great! But... it was impossible to get my hands on a special edition. I'm stuck with the whole digital versions problem. Can we get a digital copies guide please? It would be great to enjoy this game the way so many already have.

Digital versions are much more complicated, and your average hacker wouldn't be able to come close. Sorry, but we can't even make a guide :/

Digital versions are much more complicated, and your average hacker wouldn't be able to come close. Sorry, but we can't even make a guide :/

From what I've seen it looks very possible to write a guide on this. you'll need all necessary titles attributed to your nintendo network ID (you have to buy the game and all the dlc through the eshop/in game) and then you have to get the ticket.db from your nand (if you split your nands like you should have than it will be on your emunand I presume). This would allow you to download the cia files and from there its a matter of patching the cia files and then installing them onto your cfw.

Edited by Merik2013

Hello! First off, the work being done on this project is amazing. Thank you very much. ^___^

I have patched the game (created a .cia) but I have a question / problem. Currently, I am playing through Revelation - Chapter 13 and the script is still the original, localized one. I can verify I patched it (somewhat?) correctly because the beginning of Revelation was fine up until Chapter 13. I also had a problem with Conquest, because the script also changed back to the original after Chapter 25. I am wondering: what could be causing this issue and can I correct it? Any help is much appreciated.

EDIT: Hm Chapter 14 seems to be working fine so I don't know what's going on. xD Okay never mind then! :P

Edited by nyeongcat

It's looking like DLC isn't even getting patched by you guys (or rather it doesn't need to be), so would it be bad if I switched between a HANS patched conquest to play it patched and then a normal boot to play the DLC?

Edited by Datasscidbro

With the European release in just over a week, I am looking forward to using the undub patch for the path I chose. I will keep an eye on the master post for a link to the patch which restores the Japanese audio. Thank you very much for all of your hard work.

As somebody who is not very technical, has never patched anything before and knows nothing about Homebrew, I have some questions concerning the upcoming European version of the patch:

Will the undub patch restore the Japanese audio for the DLC version of Revelation?

Does having Homebrew installed on my system affect the 3DS or the software adversely in any way - what are the risks, if any?

What are the risks for the game if I temporarily or permanently patch it with the undubs patch?

Will Nintendo ban me if I have Streetpass on and/or am connected to the Internet while playing Fates with the undubs patch?

Edited by phoenixmiko

You just need CFW to play patched DLC.

No, HANS just flat out doesn't work with DLC. Patched or not.

You can't use modified (or "patched") DLC with Gateway, it just flat out doesn't work.

About their 10.3 support, they're going to make you downgrade anyways, so it makes no difference if you use Gateway to downgrade or Homebrew to downgrade.

How odd is it that I just ran my 5 DLCs on Awakening using HANS? Are you sure HANS doesn't work with DLC because I just did it yesterday. All I'm using is HBL on 9.9 ofw

How odd is it that I just ran my 5 DLCs on Awakening using HANS? Are you sure HANS doesn't work with DLC because I just did it yesterday. All I'm using is HBL on 9.9 ofw

If Im not mistaken HANS was supposed to be updated to support dlc some time ago. I dont think most of this team keeps up with new releases and exploits.

If Im not mistaken HANS was supposed to be updated to support dlc some time ago. I dont think most of this team keeps up with new releases and exploits.

That's because we're busy with other things (exams, life, etc.)

Soooo.... I've read through this thread some and I know this has kind of been asked before but... just to get some confirmation on this:

I CAN basically use the already existing patches on the EU version but there will likely be bugs until you people go ahead and make a dedicated EU patch, right?

Also: Hello! This is my first post lol.

Well it definitely works I guess, so HANS is looking to be like a top tier tool.

Soooo.... I've read through this thread some and I know this has kind of been asked before but... just to get some confirmation on this:

I CAN basically use the already existing patches on the EU version but there will likely be bugs until you people go ahead and make a dedicated EU patch, right?

Also: Hello! This is my first post lol.

Aside from the obvious cuts like petting and swimsuits or the translated text files, all system related ingame files on the romfs are identical between Japanese and English releases, so by extension so should the ones from the EUR version.

Edited by DeathChaos25

how much of a work in progress is the fan translation. is everything translated and its just the compatibility and working out all the errors thats the in progress part or is it it that there is parts you haven't translated yourself's yet. if so did you guys re-translate the scene they changed in the localization to avoid controversy.

Hey guys, checking in late to the game. Tried to read as many of the posts as I could, but was still a little confused about things.

I want to know whether or not the amie (skinship) mini game was able to be restored through this patch? And whether the translations for the confessions, relationship building scenes, and the amie had been completed? Please let me know!

Also, to the people working on this project, I just have to say THANK YOU for taking this time consuming process onto your shoulders. Your efforts are greatly appreciated by all of us fans who wish to play the original game as I believe it was meant to be played. I don't know if you guys accept donations, but if you do please let me know. I want to support you and your work! :)

Hey guys, checking in late to the game. Tried to read as many of the posts as I could, but was still a little confused about things.

I want to know whether or not the amie (skinship) mini game was able to be restored through this patch? And whether the translations for the confessions, relationship building scenes, and the amie had been completed? Please let me know!

I believe this is still a WIP. Translation is done for the entire game and I (think) all supports are done. Restoration of amie game is still on-going.

I believe this is still a WIP. Translation is done for the entire game and I (think) all supports are done. Restoration of amie game is still on-going.

The supports and mycastle dialogues aren't finished at all. There also seems to be a number of points where the game either wasn't translated or it just fails to load the translation. I'm not clear on that latter bit, but I keep seeing posts regarding issues like that.

Edited by Merik2013