[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

The Hot Spring used to have another feature outside of just recruiting Izana/Fuga. In the Japanese version, you could control the camera to get a better look of the other participants. But this feature was removed in the localization.

6U7Ylyi.jpg

LaOZWuU.jpg

Having not read most of this thread, I was just made aware of this, and uh, has this feature been given any thought? Just curious.
Edited by 47948201

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having not read most of this thread, I was just made aware of this, and uh, has this feature been given any thought? Just curious.

Its been brought up before, of course, but from my recollection the team has never responded to it.

Edited by Merik2013

Could you please upload the Japanese audio patch for the European release of Birthright and Conquest? Fates is coming out in the EU this Friday, the 20th May, so there are only three to four days left. If you cannot upload it in time for that date, please could you confirm whether the American patch will work with the European games? Thank you very much. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Could you please upload the Japanese audio patch for the European release of Birthright and Conquest? Fates is coming out in the EU this Friday, the 20th May, so there are only three to four days left. If you cannot upload it in time for that date, please could you confirm whether the American patch will work with the European games? Thank you very much. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

How do you expect us to have a patch ready for a game that hasn't even released yet.

That said, if they don't change too much the USA patch should work in the PAL version.

A few questions about restoration vs. fanslation patch - I apologize if these have been asked elsewhere, I read the topic post of both patch threads.

I briefly checked out the first ~20 minutes of the fanslation, and couldn't find an option for subtitles in pre-rendered cutscenes. Was I just missing something? Will any (patched) version of the game allow for subtitled cutscenes with Japanese audio?

Also, is the fanslation patch likely to be "deprecated" in favour of the restoration patch? I've noticed there is a lot of overlap between the restoration patch team and the translation patch team.

Finally, I'm a third-year computer science student with quite a bit of free time this term, so I'd be happy to offer some programming help if either team needs it. I read something along the lines of supports requiring hundreds of files to be compressed individually, which sounds like it could potentially be automated.

A few questions about restoration vs. fanslation patch - I apologize if these have been asked elsewhere, I read the topic post of both patch threads.

I briefly checked out the first ~20 minutes of the fanslation, and couldn't find an option for subtitles in pre-rendered cutscenes. Was I just missing something? Will any (patched) version of the game allow for subtitled cutscenes with Japanese audio?

Also, is the fanslation patch likely to be "deprecated" in favour of the restoration patch? I've noticed there is a lot of overlap between the restoration patch team and the translation patch team.

Finally, I'm a third-year computer science student with quite a bit of free time this term, so I'd be happy to offer some programming help if either team needs it. I read something along the lines of supports requiring hundreds of files to be compressed individually, which sounds like it could potentially be automated.

Are you talking about the JPN version of Fates? If so, there isn't an option for subbed cutscenes.

The teams for both patches are basically the same, though progress is still at a halt.

Are you talking about the JPN version of Fates? If so, there isn't an option for subbed cutscenes.

So if you choose the fanslation option, you get no subtitled cutscenes? Ouch. I'm guessing the option does exist for the US version, then (i.e. restoration patch)?

The teams for both patches are basically the same, though progress is still at a halt.

At a halt? Are they open to passing it on to new people, then? I suspect a little publicity would go a long way, if word were spread that the project is well underway but needs a bit more translation to reach 100%. Because there are probably plenty of people like me who assume there is currently a group working on it - hopefully some of whom know enough Japanese to help translate.

I was under the impression that you SPLIT the teams.

btw, do you have a pastebin or something with translated text waiting to be inserted into the patch files?

Edited by Merik2013

How do you expect us to have a patch ready for a game that hasn't even released yet.

That said, if they don't change too much the USA patch should work in the PAL version.

That is good to hear. I shall bear that compatibility in mind. I am glad you intend to have a patch prepared once the game is released in Europe. Thank you for the swift response and good luck making the patch. I look forward to playing Fates using it. Thanks again for all your hard work thus far. It is very much appreciated.

I was under the impression that you SPLIT the teams.

btw, do you have a pastebin or something with translated text waiting to be inserted into the patch files?

Oh you're right, they were split, my bad.

what exactly is the patcher is it part of the hans process or is it another method of patching the game

It's for patching the game for CFW users.

cfw users are the ones who want to permanently patch their game by downgrading their ds right

Yes. CFW means custom firmware. It's somewhat comparable to hacking a phone to get access to gain root access. It's nessecary to permanently patch the game in this manner.

Edited by Merik2013

merik you mentioned before that the supports weren't re translated yet do you know if the support with soleil that they apparently changed in the localization has been changed back or not.

To be honest I haven't the foggiest. Supposedly they've translated at least "10%" of supports and they later said they'd "release the fixed up controversy supports" back when they split the group. If that's the case then it should be in this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wg1u90t4ucdqmjm/Patch.7z?dl=1

Since I don't currently have a way to check I can't confirm or deny that they release a translation for it. You're better off asking some like thedude since he's supposed to be in charge of that team.

I have some technical questions. However, I am not very technical myself when it comes to patching (never done it before) so please excuse my colloquial terms.

My 3DS firmware updated today and it is now on version 11.0.0-33E. Will this work with the Japanese audio patch, Homebrew and any of the entry points like Ninja Hax?

I have heard that you need a save dongle like Powersaves (whatever that is) to use Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time to run Ninja Hax, something which was not mentioned in the OP or this tutorial (http://pastebin.com/JxLY3dpt) that you linked people to. I don't have whaever this save thingmabob is so how do I install and run Homebrew? Are there any entry points or hax thingmajigs which use the 11.0.0-33E firmware without having to use Powersaves?

The European version does not seem to have changed much from the American one from what I have played so far since the game arrived a day early in the post this morning. As such, like one of you said in response to a previous post of mine, it looks like the US patch might just work with the EU release of Fates. Here is hoping!

Edited by phoenixmiko

Could we get any confirmation about this?

The European version does not seem to have changed much from the American one from what I have played so far since the game arrived a day early in the post this morning. As such, like one of you said in response to a previous post of mine, it looks like the US patch might just work with the EU release of Fates. Here is hoping!

I bought the game yesterday and i really want it to have the japanese voices, but i don't want to embark in the crusade of learning how to use hans and installing the undub only to be greeted by disappointment. If anyone has tried it and has had any success or failure please could you write about it here? Thank you very much.

Could we get any confirmation about this?

I bought the game yesterday and i really want it to have the japanese voices, but i don't want to embark in the crusade of learning how to use hans and installing the undub only to be greeted by disappointment. If anyone has tried it and has had any success or failure please could you write about it here? Thank you very much.

It was my first time trying to do a hans patch but after many failures I got to make the undub files on my European Special Edition. My only problem was that I wasn't using RomFS Extractor to extract the files.

I used Braindump but it created me a .cxi file which the RomFS Extractor doesn't accept so I had to use another program and that was the root of my problems. The dumps of Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates need to be extracted with RomFS Extractor which only works with romfs.bin.

You need to look for a Braindump version 0.0.1, that's the version that creates romfs.bin (and not .cxi).

At the moment of copying the undub files just make sure to put the files inside @E in the different @U, @F.... Those are the different languages. When it's done just encrypt it again with RomFS Builder and after it's done, rename your .romfs with the ID of the game (my special ed file is 0017A800.romfs).

At the moment I haven't tried anything besides the undub.

EDIT: Seems like all the patches that I tried work fine, the only problem is that some of them (haven't investigated which) change your text to English even if you're using Spanish, French... (probably due to being files from USA version).

Edited by AlphSteins

Thank you so much AlphaSteins for this, i'm going to try it now and see what happens, since i already started the conquest version and i don't think it works with saves, i'm going to try with the birthright (i don't have the special ed) and see if i can make it work. You explained it all with such detail i feel it won't be that much trouble, so thank you for that. That being said i'm going to test it out.

EDIT: 15 min into and i have already encountered a problem, ninjhax is updated only to the version 10.7 of the console, but my 3ds is at the 11.0.0, will still work?

I have been seeing posts about this and apparently im screwed, xDDD from what they are saying there is no way for me to download any of the applications that will let me run homebrew, goodbye to my dreams of being able to play fe fates in japanese for now, fuck you nintendo.

Edited by Judge Ghis

I can say you that it works even on 11.0 (I updated some days ago by mistake...) but the problem comes when you don't have a way to install or use Homebrew Launcher on that version :S I was lucky since I have and old 3ds outdated (because is quite broken) and using it I could install SuperMysteryChunkHax.

Hello,

Thanks for this patch :)

So I received my European Special Edition today, and I tested the patcher (for a cfw method). But it seem that it will not work for the eu version (it tells me that "Provided ROM is not a copy of Fire Emblem: If/Fates." I made the rom with uncart). I followed the guide in first page (the second one)

Any mean to solve that ? Or must we wait for a new patcher ?

Thanks in advance for the answer ^^"

Edited by Darkness-S

So i was posting on this thread around Feb through March but haven't gotten around to it cuz of college. Aside from HANS/Homebrew and the files you provide in the opening, would other programs would i need to use or know about because i have heard of multiple times this brain dump program as well as something about people getting the wrong romfs and having to use a certain program.

Also what are the order of steps i need to go through to patch this game? I get 1 being install Homebrew/HANS. I get 2 is probably use brain dump but am i suppose to pull out my SD card and plug it in my computer? Plus what files am i dumping? Then i get i'm suppose to execute some program that merges the files together so when HANS reads it, it'll apply the patch over it. Then i put my SD card back in my ds? I know alot of these questions were answered around the pages of 20 through 30 but i'm still having a hard time figuring out the process.

Well, at last I was able to make my own Hans patch and rebuild rom :) I used the undub, the name patch, and that patch http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63630. I played the prologue, and so far it seem's to work fine :)

I followed AlphSteins instruction on page before, and the tutorial of Asia81 from gbaTemp for Rom-Hacking.

I have a question though. Does the Treehouse translation change many things (aside from name change and censorship) ? Bcause I was wondering if I would rather use the fanslation patch, or if the official translation is "good" enough.

I'm not really following the development so I don't really know what's happening during it, but I just saw this

Does it mean that you won't be porting the patch to the EU version until you resume progress ?

I'm asking because I just received my Special Edition, I could do what AlphSteins did but I want to use the fanslation.

Sorry if I sound rude in any way!

Edited by Doyagao