[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

This undub doesn't crash at chapter 5 right? And is there a way to fix voices 4 & 5? There already is an american patch with voices 4 & 5 fixed out there.

Soundmaniac --> I had the same problem at first. What patch's did you use exactly ? On the character creation menu, do you have 3 or 5 choice for the voice ?

Repeating the process fixed it somehow, and yeah I didnt have 5 choices in the character menu the first time I tried.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This undub doesn't crash at chapter 5 right? And is there a way to fix voices 4 & 5? There already is an american patch with voices 4 & 5 fixed out there.

Repeating the process fixed it somehow, and yeah I didnt have 5 choices in the character menu the first time I tried.

Nope, it doesn't crash at chapter 5, and the voices 4& 5 works for me (I used one of the two personnaly)

Online functions work fine to me in HANS but I have ver. 11.0 on my 3DS. Maybe you refer to outdated 3DS using HANS?

Ah ? I'm not an user of Hans since I have a cfw, but back then I read that it was not working, and it say so in the op post. But if it work now, then that's good ^^

So I haven't been here in months. Was the swimsuit restoration patch ever fixed so the accessory IDs matched the order or the US release? That way it doesn't mess with already established saves?

So I haven't been here in months. Was the swimsuit restoration patch ever fixed so the accessory IDs matched the order or the US release? That way it doesn't mess with already established saves?

Neither of the teams seem to have any real interest in working on these patches anymore it seems.

That's because the last version of Braindump creates a .cxi file. But that is solved using the version 0.0.1 (it's the first one that was released) that gives you a romfs.bin file.

Thanks for posting your instructions on patching the EU version to allow use of the undub. I have some questions. I have never patched, hacked or homebrewed anything before.

1. Do these instructions create a temporary patch?

2. Do you need Homebrew with HANS for this patch?

3. I have a normal 3DS which is on version 11.0, so will the patch work and can I install Homebrew?

4. Do you require some hax thing to run Homebrew and if so, how can you use a hax if you do not have any of the games necessary for one?

5. Can you install and run Homebrew without a hax?

Edited by phoenixmiko

1 - Yup

2 - Yup

3 - Nope. You'll need to downgrade, and on 11.0.0.33, The only way is to do an hard mod

4 - Unless you have a cfw (wich seem's to not be the case) you'll need and hax and à game compatible (like oot3d). But if you downgrade with an hard mod, you can use Browserhax

5 - Nope, or with à linker I think

Edited by Darkness-S

I'm also a complete noob when it comes to Homebrew and have a question of my own.

With the Smash 4 hax, do I actually require Linux/Mac for it to be able to work? Because I've been looking around at tutorials and no matter where I look, they say that the Smash 4 way is quite literally the hardest way to install Homebrew and that you can't do it with Windows. Also, sorry if I'm being like a complete idiot right now, but I hold a physical copy of Smash and say I do end up managing to install Homebrew somehow, can you actually take the Smash cartridge out when running Homebrew to swap to my special edition FE:Fates so I can use the patch?

Also one last thing, when looking at the 3dbrew site around the Secondary Exploits area, it says "Installation of these exploits requires a previously exploited system to install. After installation, they can be used on their own", does that mean if I buy Super Mystery Dungeon now, Homebrew wouldn't even end up working?

Thanks for your time.

Hi

I'm really new to custom firmware and patching and stuff. I'm a big fan of Fire Emblem but when I found out that FE Fates, unlike Awakening, didn't have a Japanese voices option I was really disappointed.

I purchased the EUR version fire emblem fates special edition and am running CFW.

Could someone please explain to me how I can install this patch in the simplest way step by step?

Sorry. I tried reading through the comments but it hardly made any sense to me as I am new to this.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi

I'm really new to custom firmware and patching and stuff. I'm a big fan of Fire Emblem but when I found out that FE Fates, unlike Awakening, didn't have a Japanese voices option I was really disappointed.

I purchased the EUR version fire emblem fates special edition and am running CFW.

Could someone please explain to me how I can install this patch in the simplest way step by step?

Sorry. I tried reading through the comments but it hardly made any sense to me as I am new to this.

Thanks in advance :)

Hum if it can wait later this day or tommorow night, I'll gladly help you

Hi.

I would like get help me too for patch the game, I never "hack" a portable console and never patch a 3DS game.

I have the limite edition EUR and my console is the N3DS XL FE Fates Edition.

If you could help me too please.

Just a question.

"The patch change precisely what ?"

Hi.

I would like get help me too for patch the game, I never "hack" a portable console and never patch a 3DS game.

I have the limite edition EUR and my console is the N3DS XL FE Fates Edition.

If you could help me too please.

Just a question.

"The patch change precisely what ?"

It depend of what patch you applied. You can have japanese voice, The fan trad, original name, swimsuit restored, and some support restored.

If your 3ds are not in 11.0 version, DO NOT UPDATE

Neither of the teams seem to have any real interest in working on these patches anymore it seems.

That's absolutely understandable, and I wouldn't even consider complaining about it.

But are they willing to open source their progress? Even just throw a .zip dump onto some file hosting service and let other people figure it out, if they don't want to set up open source infrastructure?

That's absolutely understandable, and I wouldn't even consider complaining about it.

But are they willing to open source their progress? Even just throw a .zip dump onto some file hosting service and let other people figure it out, if they don't want to set up open source infrastructure?

Probably not until they're really truly ready to call it quits. I would appreciate it greatly if they would open source this in that eventuality, including all their tools and unimplemented work. In that way it can continue to be supported even after they've all left.

So uh, would anyone who is skilled at this or know what they are doing be willing to skype with me (using share screen on my side) and a voice call so i can get through this? I've asked a few times for help on how to do this but i'm not even sure i put HANs on my 3ds correctly =(

I could continue looking up u-tube videos or reading posts but i feel its more a matter of making sense out of all these file names and abbrevations more so than actually clicking around and waiting for programs to execute their stuff

It depend of what patch you applied. You can have japanese voice, The fan trad, original name, swimsuit restored, and some support restored.

If your 3ds are not in 11.0 version, DO NOT UPDATE

If i get only the japanese voice, I could keep the French subtitle or not ? If not I take all the patch.

My 3DS is in 11.0.0-33E it's good ?

Probably not until they're really truly ready to call it quits. I would appreciate it greatly if they would open source this in that eventuality, including all their tools and unimplemented work. In that way it can continue to be supported even after they've all left.

Cool, glad to know someone else shares that sentiment.

Trying to empathize with them: announcing that they're "truly ready to call it quits" can be a tough thing to do. However, I hope they understand that the community would prefer that they give up the reins rather than cling onto the project long after losing interest. People seem to be pretty understanding and appreciative here.

I won't press any farther though - it's not really my place since I'm not an active member of Serenes Forest / Team If.

If i get only the japanese voice, I could keep the French subtitle or not ? If not I take all the patch.

My 3DS is in 11.0.0-33E it's good ?

If you haven't a9lh, no ^^" For the subtitle, I think you can keep it if you take only the undub flash.

EDIT : i was planning to make a step by step tutorial of how I had patch my game for those who need help, but I wiil not have time today. I'll make it as soon as I can (maybe tomorrow or Friday), sorry ^^"

Edited by Darkness-S

Hi just made an account and I just stumbled on to this project.

I'm from Australia, and I have a Hyrule Warriors New 3DS XL and FE Fates Special Edition physically.

Now of course I only just got the console so it's updated to the latest version.

1. Do I need to hack or mod this console which in turn can brick my console?

2. Since this is a US patch how do I make it EU?

3. Is it only for the digital versions?

4. Is the petting feature in this patch?

I'm from Australia, and I have a Hyrule Warriors New 3DS XL and FE Fates Special Edition physically.

Now of course I only just got the console so it's updated to the latest version.

Just because its a new console doesnt mean its fully updated. That being said, if you're not on 11.0 firmware yet DO NOT update it. You need homebrew at the very least in order to run this patch and homebrew is currently inaccesible to new users on 11.0. That will be addressed in the near future once Smealum updates the payloads, but for now its a no go.

1 - Yes you must hack your console. But if you just want an hans patch it will not have brick risk I think. But if you are on 11.0 you will have to wait (or make an hard mod, wich can be risky)

2 - You will have to patch manuelly for the eu version. I think I will try to make a tutorial later this week

3 - Nope, it's for both version

4 - Nope

Okay, so is there any specific reason braindump locks up when

Trying to dump Fates? I have no problems with Awakening, just this game.

Why is that? I get a strange yellow screen, and then it locks up.

Any way around that? If it means anything, I am using a plain old Conquest cartridge.

So i finally patched it! Hooray me.

but i have a question and i did use the search (this topic) function and typed powersaves but all i saw was people using that word regarding setting up ninja hax or oot hax.

My questions is; can i use powersaves and then still launch fates through hans patched up, and it not mess with it? i kinda liked giving myself the dragon herbs and the seraph robes (hp items). i tried not to game break too bad and get +7 weapons

Edit: I came up with another question. So i added the undub patch. I'm loving it. But now i'm thinking i might want to add the name patch or possibly the fanslation patch. So from the patching point of view i can skip the step of dumping the game, i can skip extracting the romfs.bin, all i need to do is start onward from the step of copying the patches over to the (romfs_) folder and saying yes to replace the older files and from there then running the encrypting/building tool and when it spits out a new (game id.romfs) file i can just copy that over to the hans folder i set up? (since i am using homebrew) and the game should now include the additional patches right?

Edited by Tediz64