[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

Alright, I figured it out but I have a different question now.

How do you edit text? Like weapon descriptions and such?

Is there a program to make the text make sense?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I'm completely new to 3DS hacking and am in fact not used to using PC's at all, because I usually only run Mac OS on my computers. However, I managed to borrow a computer using windows OS in order to attempt this, as well as an SD card reader.

My goal is to have the japanese audio and english text on my European Special Edition. (I read some people wanted some different english text, but I was fine with Awakening's written english, so I'll be fine with it for Fates).

My 3DS (Standard XL European model) is updated to version 11.0. I don't know how to install Homebrew on it, and I don't know if I should wait for some kind of support because from what I've read here Homebrew doesn't work on updated 3DS with 11.0.

I tried following AlphSteins' guide, but quickly got scared of accidentally doing something irreversible on my SD card, because I wasn't sure if Homebrew would work and I failed to understand if step 3 was supposed to be done on the 3DS or on the Windows computer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by RyuSeiKen

Can anyone point me in the right direction, Im trying to use the swimsuit mod with FE Fates Special Edition EU/Aus on NTR CFW. So I dumped the game, generated the layerfs plugin, Then I create the folders in the right order on the sd in the plugins folder there correct? Then just put the stuff in the right folder? well, im having trouble ive done that and its still not showing up in game, can anyone point me in the right direction? Ill include pics in the album below

http://imgur.com/a/dzaIL

Hi. I'm trying to dump the Special Edition (EU) by using Braindump, but it keeps crashing everytime I try: the bottom screen turns yellow. It also does the same if I try to launch it with Hans. I'm using an old 3DS on 9.5.0-22E, and browserhax+menuhax. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: nvm I'm an idiot and tried updating to 10.5 using the Fire Emblem cartridge and now I can't do anything. Welp. I guess I'll wait till people manage to do something with 11.0.

Edited by SkywardQuill

Hi. I'm trying to dump the Special Edition (EU) by using Braindump, but it keeps crashing everytime I try: the bottom screen turns yellow. It also does the same if I try to launch it with Hans. I'm using an old 3DS on 9.5.0-22E, and browserhax+menuhax. Can anyone help me?

The game requires your 3DS to be on 10.3 or higher, your best bet is to downgrade to 9.2 and get CFW and an emuNAND.

Hey so uh I know skinship hasn't been restored but maybe in messing with it someone has found out, I've heard that there are some unused skinship lines in the game for some characters, I think the example was Silas, but do we know what other characters these exist for?

hey there im using the European special edition and have allready patched the game with the undub fanslation and name patchand have allready played through birthright without any problems. what i want to know is if i am able to safely update to 11.0 and use the nintendo e shop to download the free awakening map dlc without messing up my patch or saves. i use oot hax in case that helps

question. the only thing i want to add to my fates game is the blocked out swimsuits. how do i get them in? and if i do, does that mean im locked out of using multiplayer? D:

Hello. I'm sort of new to all of this, so bear with me if you would. I just started my first FE game a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. However upon finding parts were censored, I was less than pleased. I don't quite have time at the moment to read all the replies, so I have a few questions that I hope someone is willing to answer.

I'm playing on a 2DS. It is 11.0 (I didn't know updating would be a bad thing) and my game is fully up to date. So can I use any of these patches as they stand and if not, what can I do to fix it that doesn't require hardmodding it? (I read what that was. Don't exactly have a soddering iron.) Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello together,

recently I got my FE Fates Special Edition. I want to patch it with the undub, but i can't find any kind of instruction on how to do this. I know nothing about CFW on the 3ds. Does somebody know any instruction for beginners?

OP posted a guide (currently for USA only, but still a good overview) http://pastebin.com/KmXw0ZsE, get an overview if you want to use cfw or not. But first check your 3ds firmware, below 11.0 is a must, if you don't want to risk hardmodding. If you decide for a specific cfw in the guide, trust me just google that specific cfw name and tutorial for it, there are TONS of good guides.

I'm playing on a 2DS. It is 11.0 (I didn't know updating would be a bad thing) and my game is fully up to date. So can I use any of these patches as they stand and if not, what can I do to fix it that doesn't require hardmodding it? (I read what that was. Don't exactly have a soddering iron.) Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, 11.0 is a bad thing, no downgrading/cfw/perm patches without hardmod. But as far as I know you can try one of the methods mentioned on that site (google "Update 11.0 and Homebrew") to still use Homebrew and using HANS to patch the files. But no perm patch, sry.

Edited by Masah_hiro

Hey, already got this working through hans but want to perma patch the game.
I'm getting this when trying to validate xorpads:

Validating ROM and Xorpads...
Provided ROM is not a copy of Fire Emblem: If/Fates.

Is this because I'm on EU and US is hardcoded into the patcher? Any way to fix this? I'm 100% sure I'm using the right files.

OP posted a guide (currently for USA only, but still a good overview) http://pastebin.com/KmXw0ZsE, get an overview if you want to use cfw or not. But first check your 3ds firmware, below 11.0 is a must, if you don't want to risk hardmodding. If you decide for a specific cfw in the guide, trust me just google that specific cfw name and tutorial for it, there are TONS of good guides.

Yes, 11.0 is a bad thing, no downgrading/cfw/perm patches without hardmod. But as far as I know you can try one of the methods mentioned on that site (google "Update 11.0 and Homebrew") to still use Homebrew and using HANS to patch the files. But no perm patch, sry.

Ok, if I follow this chart correctly, I think I'm screwed. My firmware is 10.5.0-22 E (old 3Ds) and I can't use my browser, so I need either Ninjahax or Oothax, right? Don't have these games...

But I have a New3Ds with the newest Firmware. I don't want to perma patch it, so I could use Homebrew and HANS, right`?

4 - If you want to play with Hans (no permapatch and rom), follow the guide from AlphSteins on page before. If you want a permapatch, you'll need to acquire the ExHeader.bin of the game. For that you have to either dump the game with Decrypt9WIP (I'm not sure braindump 0.0.01 give it), but you'll need some file on the root of you're sd card for that, and the method are a little different (I could explain more by mp if you want),

I'm pretty much stuck at this step, darkness. I am using Decrypt9WIP and I only got 2 xorpad files with (xxx =some numbers) XXXXXXXXX.Main.exefs_norm.xorpad and XXXXXXXX.Main.exheader.xorpad, but no "exheader.bin".

I tried using the exheader xorpad file for 3ds builder, but that seems to result in a faulty .3ds file (because if I convert it to .cia, fbi can't seem to install it because of memory space which is not true at all lol).

Can you explain it further?

Edited by Masah_hiro

Hey, already got this working through hans but want to perma patch the game.

I'm getting this when trying to validate xorpads:

Validating ROM and Xorpads...
Provided ROM is not a copy of Fire Emblem: If/Fates.

Is this because I'm on EU and US is hardcoded into the patcher? Any way to fix this? I'm 100% sure I'm using the right files.

Yes, the patcher is kinda worthless because of the EU's different file structure like AlphSteins mentioned.

Follow his steps till step 7 and try to follow the steps from darkness (I myself am stuck here, don't know how to get a working "exheader.bin")

This is what I did to create my own patch for the EU version:

1. First you need this 2 programs:

- Braindump 0.0.1 (the last version won't work for this), you can download it HERE

- RomFS Builder/Extractor (you need those in specific), that can be downloaded HERE

2. You put Braindump in the 3ds folder inside your SD like any other homebrew.

3. You use Braindump having inserted your Fire Emblem Fates game and dump it (it will take a lot of time). After it's done you will have a folder in your SD with some long code on it's name and inside 2 files called "romfs.bin" and "exefs.bin" (you need the first one).

4. Insert your SD in your computer and copy "romfs.bin" to any place, open RomFS Extractor and use it on the file (it will take some time).

5. Now you have a folder "romfs_", that are the game files decompressed. That's where we are going to copy the patch files but WAIT!!!

Some of the patches have files inside a folder called "@E" (the path is "m/@E"). That are language folders, we don't have @E, we instead have @F, @G, @I, @S, @U (French, German, Italian, Spanish, UK english).

So any file of a patch that it's inside "@E" should be put inside "@F" and the others (I think you can put it just in the folder of your language but I usually copy the files and put on all of them).

6. Having that into account copy all the files of your patch or patches and overwrite the ones on "romfs_".

7. Once you have finished, open RomFS Builder, select as folder "romfs_" and Go (will take some time). When it finish it will ask you to input the name, it should be "thegameid.romfs" (for example, the name for special edition should be "0017A800.romfs"). You can check the game's ID on hans.

8. Now that you have "thegameid.romfs", put it on your SD root inside a folder called "hans".

That should be all of it, I haven't write how to use hans, ask me if you don't know. You can ask any other question about all this.

It should work for any patch made for the USA version. Take into account that patches related to text will make your game display english texts even if you use french, spanish or any other language (since the modified files of the patch were taken from a USA game).

4 - If you want to play with Hans (no permapatch and rom), follow the guide from AlphSteins on page before. If you want a permapatch, you'll need to acquire the ExHeader.bin of the game. For that you have to either dump the game with Decrypt9WIP (I'm not sure braindump 0.0.01 give it), but you'll need some file on the root of you're sd card for that, and the method are a little different (I could explain more by mp if you want), or use another homebrew to get it (but I don't know wich). When you have it, use 3DS Builder to rebuild the rom. You'll need the romfs from AlphSteins guide (renamed for exemple to romFS.bin), the ExeFS.bin (you should have it either you used Braindump 0.0.0.1 or Decrypt9 to dump your game), the rom, and the ExHeader.bin. You'll also need the serial code of the game, which should be something like CTR-P-XXXX where XXXX are the first 4 numbers on the back of the game card. To use the .bin file, you'll need to check the "Use a RomFS binary" and "Use a ExeFS binary" on 3DS Builder. Then click on "Go" and wait. Save the rom.

If you want a cia to install it, use "3DS Simple CIA Converter" (you can find instruction on the net ^^).

Ok, if I follow this chart correctly, I think I'm screwed. My firmware is 10.5.0-22 E (old 3Ds) and I can't use my browser, so I need either Ninjahax or Oothax, right? Don't have these games...

But I have a New3Ds with the newest Firmware. I don't want to perma patch it, so I could use Homebrew and HANS, right`?

Yes, there seems to be other exploits besides Ninjahax/Oothax for using Homebrew.

Yes, the patcher is kinda worthless because of the EU's different file structure like AlphSteins mentioned.

Follow his steps till step 7 and try to follow the steps from darkness (I myself am stuck here, don't know how to get a working "exheader.bin")

Currently on it, will post if it works out.

4 - If you want to play with Hans (no permapatch and rom), follow the guide from AlphSteins on page before. If you want a permapatch, you'll need to acquire the ExHeader.bin of the game. For that you have to either dump the game with Decrypt9WIP (I'm not sure braindump 0.0.01 give it), but you'll need some file on the root of you're sd card for that, and the method are a little different (I could explain more by mp if you want), or use another homebrew to get it (but I don't know wich). When you have it, use 3DS Builder to rebuild the rom. You'll need the romfs from AlphSteins guide (renamed for exemple to romFS.bin), the ExeFS.bin (you should have it either you used Braindump 0.0.0.1 or Decrypt9 to dump your game), the rom, and the ExHeader.bin. You'll also need the serial code of the game, which should be something like CTR-P-XXXX where XXXX are the first 4 numbers on the back of the game card. To use the .bin file, you'll need to check the "Use a RomFS binary" and "Use a ExeFS binary" on 3DS Builder. Then click on "Go" and wait. Save the rom.

If you want a cia to install it, use "3DS Simple CIA Converter" (you can find instruction on the net ^^).

Could you explain how to dump the exheader with Decrypt9?

Ok, I did it, finally!

This are the steps I took, follow them carefully. Thanks to AlphStein for his information about the European patch structure!

Writing the guide right now, this will take a while (Edit: finished). And pardon my English, I'm not a native speaker.

Some information in the beginning:
I didn't use the playable Chrom, Lissa, Frederick .cia because I didn't want to risk my DLCs to be deleted.

"Does this work online?" Yes.

"Really? What about DLCS?" Yes, even DLCs.

Guide for EUR cfw users who want to permanently patch

1) Download all the files you want from OP to be integrated in your game (Swimsuits, Undub, Name Patch, Fanslation) , DO NOT DOWNLOAD the patcher:

It's currently ONLY for US, let's hope the team doesn't forget about us, EU boyz/girlz. :)

Extract all those files.

2) a) Get the homebrew Uncart or GW launcher, tools to dump your cartridge as .3ds file.

A9LH users: You already got Uncart.

Other users: Just follow thedude28's extensive guide (OP paste bin, follow "Step 1: Dumping the game into a .3ds file" or set up Uncart.

b) Get Decrypt9WIP

3) Insert your game cartridge and start Uncart:

• A9LH users: Hold X on boot to launch it.
  • Other cfw users: Just start Uncart/GW launcher like any Homebrew with the Homebrew launcher.

4) Press any key twice, to start the dumping. This will take a while.

5) In the mean time, download HToolkit3ds from here.

6) Extract the files somewhere and navigate to PackHack folder, start SetupUS.exe and let it install.

7) After Uncart finished dumping (The finished message will be displayed on top!), turn off your 3DS, get your SD card out and in your computer and look for a .3ds file located in your root of your SD card, called CTR-P-XXXX.3ds (With X as some numbers).

8) Create a new folder, name it "D9Game", then move your CTR-P-XXXX.3ds inside it.

9) In the PackEnglishv5.2 folder you previously downloaded, there will another folder called "SecretFiles", copy all missing .bin files into the root of your SD card.

10) Put your SD back in your 3DS, and start Decrypt9WIP:

• A9LH users: Hold Start on boot to launch.
  • Other cfw: Start with Homebrew launcher.

11) Choose "Game Decryptor Options" -> "NCCH/NCSD Decryptor". This will take a while!

12) Return to the menu, and press SELECT to unmount SD.

13) Move your SD to your computer, look inside the D9Game folder and move the now modified/decrypted CTR-P-XXXX.3ds to the PackHack folder, where you found the SetupUS.exe file.

14) This time start "HackingToolkit3DS.exe". (can trigger a false positive by anti virus)

1. Press D and Enter, type the exact name of your moved .3ds file (without extension): for example CTR-P-1245
  2. The program will ask if you want to decrompress a file, choose y for yes.
  3. This will take a while.

15) Now the real copying fun starts. There will be new folders, but we are just interested in the "ExtractedRomFS" folder.

Next steps will depend what you downloaded/want for your game.

• for the downloaded NameChangePatch: navigate to "patch/rom/m/@E" and copy ALL the lz files. Now go inside the previously mentioned "ExtractedRomFS" folder. Inside the m folder, you will see country code files called @F (for France), @G (germany), @I (Italy), @S, @U (UnitedKingdom). Go in each of them (to be on the safe side) and paste your copied files. Now navigate in the downloaded Namechangepatch "patch/rom/m/", inside "A"/"B"/"C" folders you will see @E folders again, go in each of them, copy all the files, navigate to the "ExtractedRomFS/m" counterpart and paste those suckers inside the country code files. You know the drill.
  • RestoreSwimsuitPatch: just copy/merge/replace "GameData"
  • UndubPatch: copy/merge/replace "GameData", "movie" and "sound". Inside m/@E, copy MyUnitEdit.bin.lz and paste it in each of the country code files.

16) Inside where "HackingToolkit3DS.exe" located, move CTR-P-XXXX.3d somewhere else as a backup, now start "HackingToolkit3DS.exe" again, but this time press R/Enter to FINALLY REBUILD. Program will ask you how to name the custom .3ds, name it like your previously moved CTR-P-XXXX file. This will take a while.

17) Inside the PackHack folder, copy the new CTR-P-XXXX.3ds file and paste it inside the D9Game folder on your SD card.

Put the SD back inside your 3DS, press b to return to the menu, in the "Game Decryptor Options" now choose "NCCH/NCSD Encryptor" to encrypt the modified .3ds file. This will take a while.

("STOP TELLING ME THIS" - I'm sorry )

18) What's that smell? Smells like hope and sunlight.

Gateway users: You are ready to use that encrypted .3ds file to play the shit out of it.

Other users: I'm sorry. This will still take a while ("..."), but nearly finished. You just have to convert the encrypted .3ds file into a .cia file.

Edit: At this point I'm f*cking exhausted, but no worries. Follow this guide https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4hwuhf/, download Simple CIA Conver in step 2.1, but start from step 2.3 . You just have to move the encrypted .3ds file inside the "roms" folder.

Edit (5.6.2015): FW spoof was checked for me while creating nccinfo.bin AND converting.

!!IMPORTANT IF YOU INSTALL CIA WITH FBI!!

As Soundmaniac mentioned, FBI can get stuck with a freeze while installing the CIA! This is not because of a faulty .cia but it seems FBI doesn't work perfectly at handling big .cia files.

So try restarting your 3DS and FBI, and keep trying!

FBI WILL eventually install it completely fine without freezing! It worked at my first attempt (I'm using FBI v2.2.6), then failed two times (test installs), and worked again.

Be sure to have the cable plugged in, and your 3DS open!

Edited by Masah_hiro

Ok, I did it, finally!

This are the steps I took, follow them carefully. Thanks to AlphStein for his information about the European patch structure!

Writing the guide right now, this will take a while. And pardon my English, I'm not a native speaker.

Thanks for writing that up, already got to step 14 on my own, but the hack tool triggered my virus scanner so I got stuck there. After seeing how you did it and that it's safe, I kept going and it worked out.

1 problem though; while I was installing the .cia file, about halfway through FBI froze and 15 minutes later I restarted my 3ds. To my surprise the game seemed to be installed and it runs fine. Is it possible that I have an incomplete installation and that it'll crash at some point? Or does it starting up and working already mean that it's installed correctly?

Thanks for writing that up, already got to step 14 on my own, but the hack tool triggered my virus scanner so I got stuck there. After seeing how you did it and that it's safe, I kept going and it worked out.

1 problem though; while I was installing the .cia file, about halfway through FBI froze and 15 minutes later I restarted my 3ds. To my surprise the game seemed to be installed and it runs fine. Is it possible that I have an incomplete installation and that it'll crash at some point? Or does it starting up and working already mean that it's installed correctly?

Yes, false positive like always with todays anti virus softwares. The Source is from here - with over 200.000 views on that Tutorial alone, we can say it's trustworthy, huh? ^^

Sry for the late reply because I wanted to reproduce your freeze:

And jesus, it seems I had luck right at the first time!

There was no freeze, FBI installed it completely. After deleting the title, and trying the cia install again, it got freakin stuck at 80% with freeze like you told. I had to try it 2 more times (stuck at around 50%), but at the third time FBI installed it completely fine, no problem.

FBI doesn't seem to work perfectly at handling big files and in the patch notes there's even a point about "Fixed freeze during a CIA installation", guess it's not fixed completely.

Edit: It's actually a pretty known issue, the issue with big sizes seems to be true.

So don't trust on the fact that the game seems to be working fine even with the freeze, FBI WILL eventually install it completely fine after multiple attempts. Be on the safe side!

Be sure to have the power cable plugged in, and the 3DS open while install.

If the problem persists, try it with FBI v2.2.1.

Thx for mentioning this, I will add this in the guide!

Edited by Masah_hiro

Masah_hiro -->

Thanks for the guide ! I was planning to make one but I haven't had time (and motivaton) these last days ^^"

But there's a problem with this part :

14) This time start "HackingToolkit3DS.exe". (can trigger a false positive by anti virus)

Press D and Enter, type the exact name of your moved .3ds file (without extension): for example CTR-P-1245

The program will ask if you want to decrompress a file, choose y for yes.

This will take a while.

15) Now the real copying fun starts. There will be new folders, but we are just interested in the "ExtractedRomFS" folder.

I used the hackingtool too when I patched my game and the folder you obtained with D method are not good (ctrtool doesn't keep japanese characters wich are on many file name, you can ser that cause many file will be named _________.something, it was said here https://gbatemp.net/threads/have-someone-tried-to-undub-fe-fates-special-edition-eur.427182/). You need to deleted the extracted folder (not the decrypted file, just the extracted folder) after decrypted the file with D, open romfsextractor (rfse) and extract the decrypted romfs file with it ^^"

Masah_hiro -->

Thanks for the guide ! I was planning to make one but I haven't had time (and motivaton) these last days ^^"

But there's a problem with this part :

I used the hackingtool too when I patched my game and the folder you obtained with D method are not good (ctrtool doesn't keep japanese characters wich are on many file name, you can ser that cause many file will be named _________.something, it was said here https://gbatemp.net/threads/have-someone-tried-to-undub-fe-fates-special-edition-eur.427182/). You need to deleted the extracted folder (not the decrypted file, just the extracted folder) after decrypted the file with D, open romfsextractor (rfse) and extract the decrypted romfs file with it ^^"

Hi, Darkness, there you are, welcome back! Yes, I've waited for you desperately in the past days, haha! ^^

Are you sure about those file names?

I looked into the extracted Folder (thank god I made backups), and it seems the file names kept their japanese characters:

http://postimg.org/image/b3pwktygb/

http://postimg.org/image/p182q4wiz/​

Please post the location of these faulty files, and I'll check again :)

(Remember, I don't use the Fanslation patch, so those japanese file names can't come from it :D (also forgot to mention how to copy for the fanslation, but guys will know the drill by now)

Did you use the latest HackPack? The creator updated these packs just like 2 days ago with these patch notes:

Changelog v5.2:

Fixed: All scripts, broken in 5.1 are now fixed. <-

Edited: The .3DS extraction script <-

Edited: The .CXI Extraction script

Edited: The .CIA extraction script

Edited: The MassExtractor script

Added: Script for rebuild a .3DS. Include the manual and all other extra-files.

Added: Script for rebuild a .CIA. Include the manual and all other extra-files.

Removed: SDK6 script

Removed: SDK7 script

Removed: Padxorer script

Removed: CtrKeyGen script

Removed: FAT16 script

Removed: Pokemon Patch Rebuild Script. Because you can now rebuild any CIA, not just pokemon.

Planned: Improve the CIA extraction

Planned: Imporove the MassExtraction script

I'm also using Windows 10 64bit, German.

Edited by Masah_hiro

Ahah sorry, I'm pretty busy these last days (I'm currently in an internship and I have to write my report and study for my exam retake) ^^"

I haven't seen that it was updated recently xD I'll see that tonight but it might indeed be possible that the update solved this issue :)