[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I did it, finally!

This are the steps I took, follow them carefully. Thanks to AlphStein for his information about the European patch structure!

Writing the guide right now, this will take a while (Edit: finished). And pardon my English, I'm not a native speaker.

Hey there! First of all, a big thanks to you for doing this! But I have encountered a problem. My 3DS won't open the decrypter, no matter what I try. It just flashes the screen red for a second and then I'm back in the homebrew menu. And the start button doesn't start it either since that's the shortcut for Hourglass (I tried removing hourglass but to no avail). I followed a step-by-step guide (as shown here:https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax))to get A9LH. I'm at a loss really.

Edit: On further inspection it seems that the Homebrew Launcher doesn't launch ANY of them anymore for some weird reason. It worked before...

Edited by Shana

Hey there! First of all, a big thanks to you for doing this! But I have encountered a problem. My 3DS won't open the decrypter, no matter what I try. It just flashes the screen red for a second and then I'm back in the homebrew menu. And the start button doesn't start it either since that's the shortcut for Hourglass (I tried removing hourglass but to no avail). I followed a step-by-step guide (as shown here:https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax))to get A9LH. I'm at a loss really.

Edit: On further inspection it seems that the Homebrew Launcher doesn't launch ANY of them anymore for some weird reason. It worked before...

Hi, Shana

Urgh, yeah, Plailect's a9lh guide gets freakin updated on a weekly,even daily basis, many things change. It seems that they kinda got rid of Decrypt9WIP for Hourglass9 - a seemingly simpler/safer alternative, but missing some options (like the game decryptor), so start button reboot won't start Decrypt9, but Hourglass9 instead.

So try to get Decrypt9 running:

Download Decryp9 from here https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

extract, rename Decrypt9WIP.bin to start_Dec9.bin, and copy it to the luma payloads folder, delete the Hourglass9 file. (Make a backup first)

Tell me if it works.

About the HOmebrew Launcher: Provided you did everything perfectly in setting up a9lh (props to you), it still can happen that it will take some tries to start Homebrews/even the launcher.

Edited by Masah_hiro

So that was the case after all : / I wonder if there's any other way to decrypt the file should I not be able to find a way to get it running.

Where should I look for the post you mentioned?

And if push comes to shove - would you help me do it? I have no qualms up/downloading a few gigs. I know this is asking a bit much but that's really only the worst case scenario.

So that was the case after all : / I wonder if there's any other way to decrypt the file should I not be able to find a way to get it running.

Where should I look for the post you mentioned?

And if push comes to shove - would you help me do it? I have no qualms up/downloading a few gigs. I know this is asking a bit much but that's really only the worst case scenario.

I edited my post above :)

I'm also no pro at this, but will do my best to help (I got cfw just for Fire Emblem Fates xD)

Holy crap it works! It finally works! Thank you so much! I've been trying to put it there and name it anything I thoght might work but it never did. xD

I can't thank you enough lol. Now I can finally proceed :) I think I might've started to grow a few gray hairs from these past few hours tho lol

Glad it worked!

Yes, it's a long, power consuming way, but so much worth the effort, haha

Edit: Also thx for mentioning the hourglass9, had to delete that part in the guide with decrypt9 and a9lh

Edited by Masah_hiro

Haha no prob!

I have another problem now tho. The cia converter throws me some japanese error when trying to convert the 3ds to cia.

What's the exact procedure for all that?

I dumped the game's files, decrypted them, unpacked, edited them, repacked, encrypted them, created the xorpads, and then tried to make the cia which failed with a japanese error.

Any ideas?

Haha no prob!

I have another problem now tho. The cia converter throws me some japanese error when trying to convert the 3ds to cia.

What's the exact procedure for all that?

I dumped the game's files, decrypted them, unpacked, edited them, repacked, encrypted them, created the xorpads, and then tried to make the cia which failed with a japanese error.

Any ideas?

Sry, had to go take a nap, haha.

Ok, that's weird, some questions:

Did you use the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition?

If yes, how big is your encrypted .3ds file?

Can you look inside your ExtractedRomFS/m/@U folder and check if there are japanese file names and/or if there are weird file names with "________"?

And I checked the .3ds to cia guide to see he forgot to mention that you have to check the box with Firmware Spoof in the converter (well the creator of the program recommends it). It was checked for me while creating nccinfo.bin AND the actual converting process.

Obtain copy of Windows 10 via TechBench. Install into Mac natively via BIOS.

(Tbh I have no idea I'm just stopping by).

luyairis is back!! Welcome back :DD

Edited by Masah_hiro

Sry, had to go take a nap, haha.

Ok, that's weird, some questions:

Did you use the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition?

If yes, how big is your encrypted .3ds file?

Can you look inside your ExtractedRomFS/m/@U folder and check if there are japanese file names and/or if there are weird file names with "________"?

And I checked the .3ds to cia guide to see he forgot to mention that you have to check the box with Firmware Spoof in the converter (well the creator of the program recommends it). It was checked for me while creating nccinfo.bin AND the actual converting process.

It's fine, it was already late I know. I'm from germany, too ;P

It doesn't seem like I have any files with derpy filenames. It's all japanese. The filename is a bit over 2GB if I recall correctly.

Didn't use the checkbox tho, didn't know I needed that. Ima try that asap and see if it helps ;P

But was the order correct? Like, do I need to encrypt it first and then make the nccinfo.bin and xopads? Or do I need to leave it decrypted?

It's fine, it was already late I know. I'm from germany, too ;P

It doesn't seem like I have any files with derpy filenames. It's all japanese. The filename is a bit over 2GB if I recall correctly.

Didn't use the checkbox tho, didn't know I needed that. Ima try that asap and see if it helps ;P

But was the order correct? Like, do I need to encrypt it first and then make the nccinfo.bin and xopads? Or do I need to leave it decrypted?

lol

k good about those file names, darkness mentioned about the possibility of corrupted file names, guess it's now proven that the new Hackpack fixed that error.

Yeah, try it again with the checkbox, see if it helps.

And yes, the order is correct: file must always be reencrypted before using cia converter.

Hum I don't think that came from here if he's fw is at the latest version (the firmware spoofing is used to launched game on a fw bellow the one required), but if he have an old firmware it can come from here yes. But I don't think it would make an error during the conversion. But yeah, the error is weird xD

Shana, try to use your romFS file in hans to see if the problem came from here (rename your romfs : 0017A800.romfs (if you have the special edition) and put it in a folder named hans at the root of the sd card, then launch the game with the homebrew hans). And make a screenshot of the error if you can ^^

I seems like I made some mistake along the way. Don't know where exactly tho. Before when I created the xorpads it would take ages and some of the files were as big as the 3ds file itself. This time it only took a second to finish and I managed to create the cia file from the files I got. It's installing via FBI as I speak. Unless some other unexpected something pops up I have finally reached the damn finish line. Thanks to some great help, too.

I seems like I made some mistake along the way. Don't know where exactly tho. Before when I created the xorpads it would take ages and some of the files were as big as the 3ds file itself. This time it only took a second to finish and I managed to create the cia file from the files I got. It's installing via FBI as I speak. Unless some other unexpected something pops up I have finally reached the damn finish line. Thanks to some great help, too.

Yeah that's normal. The first method you used dumped all the xorpad, but the method with 3ds to cia converter dump only the necessary one for the conversion, so that's why it's much faster and the file are small :) But if it work that's great ^^

Let's hope for the best :)

BTW Currently playing Chapter 6, really LOVING the undub, but god it was NOT easy (rather really painful) to choose a side haha

Ahah I'll personnally play the game more later, I have many game to finish at the moment xD But yeah the choice was pretty hard !

In the end I chose Hoshido because Nohr seems to be a bit more challenging. And I prefer having a challenge after being prepared.

lol, I spent more time planning future pair ups/skill builds than playing xD But I belong to these type of weirdos who love planning ^^"

In the end I chose Hoshido because Nohr seems to be a bit more challenging. And I prefer having a challenge after being prepared.

lol, I spent more time planning future pair ups/skill builds than playing xD But I belong to these type of weirdos who love planning ^^"

Same here, I'm planning to make Hoshido then Nohr and at last Revelation. But I'll certainelly make the same mistake than when I played Awekening : up all the support and never finish the game because it take so damn long xD

Haha, playing chapter 1 now. It all works well! Japanese voices... all there. So happy! Thanks again! :) When do I get to choose sides tho?

Just wondering. I'm overly paranoid if it comes to certain things so I'm kinda scared I messed up and I'm locked on one path now or something.

Haha, playing chapter 1 now. It all works well! Japanese voices... all there. So happy! Thanks again! :) When do I get to choose sides tho?

Just wondering. I'm overly paranoid if it comes to certain things so I'm kinda scared I messed up and I'm locked on one path now or something.

During Chapter 6. Don't worry, it will be pretty evident xD

Okay thank you xD

Time to thoroughly enjoy this <3

Edit: Oh yeah. Will be able to safely get the DLC once it's out over here and still play or will I need to do it all over again?

Edited by Shana