[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hgn I want to cry. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Python2.7 twice and I keep getting the same unpack error, no idea what it wants from me.I think I'll try dumping my cart and see if that's the issue

Python 2.7 is prone to be buggy. You have to be sure that it's the updated version of Python 2.7 (which should be 2.7.11)

Would the content restoration work with an online copy?

Nope.

Amazing work, looking forward to the petting-patch, if there's any nonsense I can help with I'd be happy to do whatever I can.

Contact any of the current team members; they'd be happy to have you. (I'm no longer with them.)

Do you think a NA Version of FEF patched with these patches or a Japanese FEF version patched with the translation patch offers more features?

I'd guess we'd be unable to access online multiplayer and DLC with the japanese-translated FEF? But the NA patched FEF would not have the amie?

Edited by Victory3114

Do you think a NA Version of FEF patched with these patches or a Japanese FEF version patched with the translation patch offers more features?

I'd guess we'd be unable to access online multiplayer and DLC with the japanese-translated FEF? But the NA patched FEF would not have the amie?

You can access the online features perfectly fine if you're using the Japanese version of the game with the fan translation patch, it's just that the online features are segregated by region, so you'll only be able to visit the castles of people who are also playing a Japanese copy. I can vouch for this from personal experience; everything works just fine.

On the other hand, there is the chance that going online with the NA version with content restoration patches active might cause problems - if you gifted a player without the patch an item that doesn't exist in their game, for instance.

Does this require money in any sort of way?

Yes, you need a 3DS, with homebrew (if its firmware is old enough you just need a wifi router, otherwise you might need to buy stuff to get homebrew on it), a (preferably physical) copy of FE Fates, an SD card, and a way to get files on and off the SD card.

So yes it absolutely requires money in some sort of way, there's no way Team If would condone piracy of the game, but the particular hacks on display, even the playable Shepherds, won't cost you anything extra if you have the basic Fates necessities and homebrew.

I hate to bother anyone with this, but it seems people here have the knowledge I'm looking for. I decompressed some support files with FEAT, and got a .txt. I edited the .txt file, but now I don't know how to recompress back into a file that can be read by the game. It seems the people that made this know, since they changed character names, supports, etc.

And also, would it be possible to add more accessories to the accessory shop, like Nyx's veil, or Adventurer's hat?

So today come my FEF special edition EU-region. For the sake of undub and other things i didn't updated OFW, so right now i have a version 9.9.0-26E. Wanted to play a little but get the message system need update to version 10.0.0. So ok. I come here to check what new and seems there was a proggress after a last time i was here. Good work people!!!

And here i'm going to get confirmation of my plan of action:

1) i need to go here https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started and do everething there is writen

2) then here http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=60728&page=50#entry4401509

Well i try to look for some videos fo reference 'How to do'

though i was even planing to buy 2ds for sake to try it on her but reading forum there seems not so hard to get CFW. (english not my native language so i need to be careful)

So some questions: this topic http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56220 for Jap version of game?

Better to wait for complete work of Name Patch, Fantraslation or they good enough in today state/ And what purpuse of Patcher?

Oh and i'm russian if there someone who can speak on my native language much appreciate.

Edited by rembred

Hi, I would just like to start off by saying that good job on the content restoration for this game and keep up the good work :).

With that being said I need help. Whenever I use the swimsuit patch with hans the game loads up the screen where it's checking the sd card but the info box turns green (I upload a picture so you can see what i'm talking about) and after it loads the screen goes black and freezes there. So I have no idea what i'm doing wrong here. I followed EldinTokuro's HANS Tutorial step by step and I still get the same error. I even followed another tutorial here: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=45669 and I still get the same error.

I have a New3ds with the firmware at 1.1.0.0-33u with basehaxx as my homebrew entrypoint. I also have an old3ds with the firmware at 9.9.0-26U with browserhaxx and menuhax for the homebrew entrypoint. I get the same error on both of the handhelds so it's not the firmware.

I have dlc on my copy of fire emblem fates conquest. I also have birthright and revelations on there.

I know hans doesn't work with dlc so I deleted the dlc I have on there which was (map pack 1) the only thing I didn't delete was the birthright and revelation because I don't know if that counts as dlc. But anyway when I did delete the map pack 1 dlc I still get the same error on the loading screen.

The reason I haven't tried deleting birthright or revelations yet is because I have a birthright save started. the next reason is because when you purchase both of them you get more save slots on your game as extra data on your sd card and again I have saves on those slots. I don't know if I delete them and redownload them can I get my saves back or are they gone and to my understanding there is no way to back those extra data saves up.

Please help me figure this out and thanks for helping me.post-25419-0-82785800-1467744655_thumb.jpgpost-25419-0-82785800-1467744655_thumb.jpgpost-25419-0-82785800-1467744655_thumb.jpg

Hey, I hope everyone is doing alright.
I wanna ask how are the supports going? [if they're still in the making, so to speak]
Y'see I'm mostly interested in Niles/Zero supports with the female avatar, but if this will still require some time I completely understand.

Hope you all have a great day.
[and the one time I tried to swim within the files of the game I only found Zero and Male Avatar supports and wondered where the hell were the rest of them...]

Hey, I hope everyone is doing alright.

I wanna ask how are the supports going? [if they're still in the making, so to speak]

Y'see I'm mostly interested in Niles/Zero supports with the female avatar, but if this will still require some time I completely understand.

Hope you all have a great day.

[and the one time I tried to swim within the files of the game I only found Zero and Male Avatar supports and wondered where the hell were the rest of them...]

Looks like those supports have had their first pass at translation, but they haven't had their code reinserted yet so us editors can't take a crack at them as of now.

Also, to answer that second query, it may have something to do with male and female Kamui's supports for Zero being identical right up until the s support, but I'd have to take a look.

Did anybody actually figure out for sure what happens when using the swimsuit patch and online features?

Are you banned or something if you have them equipped on party members when you update your castle?

Did anybody actually figure out for sure what happens when using the swimsuit patch and online features?

Are you banned or something if you have them equipped on party members when you update your castle?

I've actually gone over this topic multiple times in this thread. You can look through my previous posts at your leisure. Suffice to say, the swimsuits aren't actually the problem items when using that patch and they won't get you banned. The patch moves the item list around a bit so its actually the items at the end of that list that will cause other players to crash. This is because the game looks for the item id and not the item name when determining what to display client side. This is also why some items get changed from one item to another when you install the patch. What your game decides is a swimsuit could be a hoshidan crown for the other individual. Like I said, I've gone into this far more in depth with more exact information (like which items to avoid) earlier in this thread.

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked but does the undub linked in the main post work for both US and EU, or just the US? I'm having a hard time finding an EU undub for the non-special edition versions.

Also, thanks for all your hard work!

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked but does the undub linked in the main post work for both US and EU, or just the US? I'm having a hard time finding an EU undub for the non-special edition versions.

Also, thanks for all your hard work!

It should work with the EU version as long as you're using the patcher.

Hello everyone. This might be a dumb question(sorry if it is), but I was wondering how to check out the progress of the content restoration? As I am interested in picking up Fates during my stay in Poland. Thank you very much, keep up the good work, fixing the crap that Nintendo decided to screw up royally(Thanks Treehouse!)

Hello everyone. This might be a dumb question(sorry if it is), but I was wondering how to check out the progress of the content restoration? As I am interested in picking up Fates during my stay in Poland. Thank you very much, keep up the good work, fixing the crap that Nintendo decided to screw up royally(Thanks Treehouse!)

Team If doesn't publicly make available progress of the restoration beyond what's written in the OP / forums, but the new administration might be willing to make a public record. Ask ShandySheikah if you'd like a record.

Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well and having fun with their games. I think I'm just about ready but I haven't played yet. I just completed downgrading to 9.2 and installing ReiNand as my cfw.

Now am I supposed to unlink the sysnand and emunand? And/or unlink my nintendo ID?

I have created the .cia file for my game, do I have to run the game from ReiNand/Emunand everytime I play the game?

Thanks for taking time to help me guys, I really appreciate it!

Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well and having fun with their games. I think I'm just about ready but I haven't played yet. I just completed downgrading to 9.2 and installing ReiNand as my cfw.

Now am I supposed to unlink the sysnand and emunand? And/or unlink my nintendo ID?

I have created the .cia file for my game, do I have to run the game from ReiNand/Emunand everytime I play the game?

Thanks for taking time to help me guys, I really appreciate it!

You don't have to unlink it, but it can be useful depending on what you'd need it for.

Yes, you have to run from your emunand (Reinand) everytime to run the modified .cia of Fire Emblem: Fates.