[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

On 1/27/2017 at 8:21 AM, rubysp said:

Hiya,

Thanks for writing up this guide for European players. If you don't mind, I'm a little stumped on step 9 below: The current version I downloaded is PackEnglishv5.7 and the folder only comes with CleanTool, HackingToolkit3DS & SetupUS (which I already installed). What is the missing .bin files that you speak of?

Your help is much appreciated!

The guide references PackEnglishv5.2. Between 5.2 and 5.7, the secret files have been removed.

I would just ignore that step and keep going until you reach a problem because you skipped that step. Hopefully, when you reach the problem, the program will tell you which file you're missing and you can just find it on Google.

If you really don't want to make a patched cia yourself, I bet Google would be useful. ;)

Edited by MyLegGuy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there another way to do it for Citra? My 3ds touchscreen hates me (Only works 30% of the time I tap it.) and with the Nintendo Switch around the corner I don't want to buy a new one. So I dumped the rom and play it on Citra Emulator. And I could do it the normal way but I have a dumped .3ds file sitting on my computer and I was hoping there is a way to just put it in there.

Thanks in Advanced.

On 1/31/2017 at 9:59 AM, MyLegGuy said:

The guide references PackEnglishv5.2. Between 5.2 and 5.7, the secret files have been removed.

I would just ignore that step and keep going until you reach a problem because you skipped that step. Hopefully, when you reach the problem, the program will tell you which file you're missing and you can just find it on Google.

If you really don't want to make a patched cia yourself, I bet Google would be useful. ;)

Someone on reddit kindly shared the files with me. I'm halfway through Nhor now. Thanks! :)

On 2/5/2017 at 8:13 AM, Aka-yuki said:

Does the Undubs work in EU version? and can someone explain it to me again on how to install it.

Yes the Undub works in EU version. I'm currently using it. You can refer to this guide and follow the steps. It's pretty easy.

And uncart means copying the game from your physical game cart and dumping into files so you can re-inject it into your DS as a virtual copy (or mod it). Think copying file from a USB to computer then copying that file into a new USB (hope that makes sense. I'm pretty new to the homebrew scene as well ._.)

Since there will be no files provided to undub the DLC, I decided to do it myself though I have one question...

Is patching the DLC as simple as extracting the files from the JPN DLC and replacing the US/EUR files with the JPN files? 

Hello, new here.

Having a problem in the process of installing undub.

11.2.0-35U  N3DS XL using soundhax, trying to mod a digital version of Birthright (with all paths installed). Whenever I use braindump, it gets to the end and completes it (shows large number/the same large number KiB) and then it says "Failure during dumping, Output data is incomplete!"

It still puts the completed .cxi file and I extract it via ctrtool into a romf and exef.

Using romf extractor, I make it into the romf_ folder and put the files in, then build it using romf builder.

Renamed it 00179400.romfs for Birthright, put it in the root hans folder and tried to run it on the 3DS.

Changed settings to run romfs, then hit OK.

It does some stuff and then hans says "prepared to run loader" and then boots me back to the homebrew menu.

Attempting to do this again right after it boots back into homebrew results in a freeze.

I tried redoing the entire process (still gives "Failure during dumping" message), restarting the 3DS and running hans again, deleting my fates saves and running hans with it (of course I have a backup), but nothing worked.

Can anyone help me here? I just want my Japanese voices, man (and gay fates hack later).

If this info helps, I have like 16 gb left on my SD card, a whole bunch of games are also installed on my SD card. The only other thing in my hans folder is a code for sun and moon. All of the modding (aside from braindump) was done on my computer and not via the microSD manager function.

So I have some questions regarding the undub process of DLC. Apologies in advance if I sound like a complete newbie; I've only recently gotten into ROM hacking and I still need ropes to guide me through things.

I have an old 3DS running the most recent firmware and own Fates: Birthright on physical cartridge. I proceeded to undub only the Birthright route (because that was the only route I had) with the simple HANS method (not CFW). I ONLY applied the undub patch, and used HANS to play my patched game.

Everything worked like a charm. It was a perfect playthrough.

Now, I plan on buying both Conquest and Revelations as DLC paths. How do I go about undubbing these? I am only going to undub the game, nothing else.

• Any tutorials or the like for undubbing DLC paths?
  • Can I even use the patch on this thread?
Edited by Xedict

On 2/21/2017 at 2:25 AM, Xedict said:

So I have some questions regarding the undub process of DLC. Apologies in advance if I sound like a complete newbie; I've only recently gotten into ROM hacking and I still need ropes to guide me through things.

I have an old 3DS running the most recent firmware and own Fates: Birthright on physical cartridge. I proceeded to undub only the Birthright route (because that was the only route I had) with the simple HANS method (not CFW). I ONLY applied the undub patch, and used HANS to play my patched game.

Everything worked like a charm. It was a perfect playthrough.

Now, I plan on buying both Conquest and Revelations as DLC paths. How do I go about undubbing these? I am only going to undub the game, nothing else.

• Any tutorials or the like for undubbing DLC paths?
  • Can I even use the patch on this thread?

You can't apply any patches to DLC without a CFW. I don't even think HANS can load DLC.

And even if you do have a CFW, I think that it's stated in the OP somewhere that the process of patching DLC is hard so there's no guide.

So, your choices are:

• Buy a Conquest physical cart and use HANS with that. (But that still won't solve your Revelations issue and it costs more)
  • Get the special edition of the game. (Won't happen unless you have a ton of money you want to waste)

I don't think you can get a CFW if you're on the latest firmware. But if you do manage to get a CFW, here are your choices:

• Learn how to patch DLC. (I haven't seen any guides, but maybe it's not that hard.)
  • Definitely not pirate the special edition, patch that, and buy the other routes as DLC to make yourself not feel bad.

If you want a CFW, you'll either need to wait for a new exploit that works on the latest firmware, which may take a while, or buy a 3ds that comes with a firmware that is <= 11.2.0.

Hope I helped.

Edited by MyLegGuy

1 hour ago, MyLegGuy said:

You can't apply any patches to DLC without a CFW. I don't even think HANS can load DLC.

And even if you do have a CFW, I think that it's stated in the OP somewhere that the process of patching DLC is hard so there's no guide.

So, your choices are:

• Buy a Conquest physical cart and use HANS with that. (But that still won't solve your Revelations issue and it costs more)
  • Get the special edition of the game. (Won't happen unless you have a ton of money you want to waste)

I don't think you can get a CFW if you're on the latest firmware. But if you do manage to get a CFW, here are your choices:

• Learn how to patch DLC. (I haven't seen any guides, but maybe it's not that hard.)
  • Definitely not pirate the special edition, patch that, and buy the other routes as DLC to make yourself not feel bad.

If you want a CFW, you'll either need to wait for a new exploit that works on the latest firmware, which may take a while, or buy a 3ds that comes with a firmware that is <= 11.2.0.

Hope I helped.

Man, now I'm regretting updating my 3DS. I should've gotten CFW first, I was even about to get it... Nothing I can do now but wait. Bummer.

In the meantime I guess I'll be learning how to go about patching DLC with CFW. Best to start before I lose interest.

Just making sure, the undub patch here includes all voices for all three paths, right?

Anywho, thanks for the information! Cheers.

I have to ask: is the aime restauration still going on?where can i find the necesary files for the amie minigame? i have the japanese and european versions extracted and for now I only want to put the aime minigame in the european versions, i am indiferent with the voices. How can i do that? i need to find the aime files and copie them in the european version.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to play both Revelation and Birthright with Japanese voices but I do not want to permanently patch the games. I currently do not have the means to use the temporary method of patching them as my firmware is version 11.3+ so I am wondering whether it is possible to play a permanently patched .cia file instead via a flash cart or the SD card I use to store save files for my normal games. Since I am very new to all of this hacking business, I fear I may brick my console if I attempt to even temporarily patch my physical retail copy of Birthright and the digital version of Revelation and that is something I do not want to risk.

Could someone please enlighten me as to how I can either play a .cia of the Japanese version with an English translation patch or a .cia of the European version with an undub patch? Both .cia files in question would be either temporarily or permanently patched. I am open to using .3ds files for this purpose too. Both games are the European version and not US one.

However, if custom firmware does not carry the risk of bricking the 3DS while installing and using it, how can I temporarily patch both games in order to play with Japanese voices with the current version 11.3+ firmware my console has?

Edited by phoenixmiko

• 4 weeks later...

I'm an owner of the Fates special edition physical cart and am currently on CFW and launching everything through HANS. I know it's stated HANS doesn't load dlc, but to what extent? i.e. is it possible for me to download/buy dlc through the game with the use of ctr-httpwn? Sorry if its a silly question, new to the 3ds hacking scene.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Question i didn't dump the game through UNcart or GWloader instead i copied the .3ds file from the cartridge in GodMode9 will it still work if i continue the process as the steps?? and if someone would be kind enough please send me the missing .bin files on drive or mega, Thanks in advance! :3

4 hours ago, Vsun said:

Question i didn't dump the game through UNcart or GWloader instead i copied the .3ds file from the cartridge in GodMode9 will it still work if i continue the process as the steps?? and if someone would be kind enough please send me the missing .bin files on drive or mega, Thanks in advance! :3

nvm it didn't work or I made some mistake. Can someone maybe send me an Fire Emblem Fates(EU) with all patches(undub, delocalization, swimsuits)?? :3 it would really make my day(and i can't really do it again since i'll be going to England soon) Thanks in advance again

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 4:05 PM, ArkhamK27 said:

All links are down

Hi, I removed the files from my Mega account a while ago, since they are outdated and I'm not part of the team anymore. 
See the other thread I've linked below for updated contents.

On 3/11/2018 at 1:40 PM, Sara.marq said:

Does this work with luma + layeredfs ? And if I only have the physical copy of Birthright but the rest digitally, would this still work for all 3 routes?

Please continue all conversation in this thread:

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2018 at 6:26 AM, luyairis said:

Hi, I removed the files from my Mega account a while ago, since they are outdated and I'm not part of the team anymore. 
See the other thread I've linked below for updated contents.

Please continue all conversation in this thread:

the new thread only covers fantranslation. Nothing on undub, swimsuit or name change

It was really confusing getting directed to that thread when i was looking for undub.

That said, can someone post a mirror for the patcher

Edited by notfree25