[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

I have no idea what to do with those files...

Download the patches you want and the patcher. Then by some means acquire the .3ds ROM dump of the game, and the 7 xorpad files (normally gotten by using decrypt9, the OP for this patch specific to the Japanese version has a little guide on how). Then use these files with the patch folder in the patcher and build either the .3ds or CIA file, if you have Gateway or CFW respectively. If you use Hans, refer to a Hans tutorial for building the proper .romf files for use in Hans patching (I have no experience with using Hans for patches).

Edited by powermad80

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I have a Eur new 3ds Ver. 9.0.0-20E with RxTools 3.0 running RX-E 10.6.0-31E.

I'm installed a patched cia special edition of of Fire emblem If via FBI on my emunand.

I was wondering if I am able to access online features as I am keep receiving the error code 002-0120.

It says I need a newer software of this version and to download the newest version from Eshop. When I access Eshop on my Eur emanand there is no game update.I am puzzled because i thought cias can run online?

Any help would be appreciated.

You can't download the update because the game and your 3ds are different regions.

Hello,

I have a Eur new 3ds Ver. 9.0.0-20E with RxTools 3.0 running RX-E 10.6.0-31E.

I'm installed a patched cia special edition of of Fire emblem If via FBI on my emunand.

I was wondering if I am able to access online features as I am keep receiving the error code 002-0120.

It says I need a newer software of this version and to download the newest version from Eshop. When I access Eshop on my Eur emanand there is no game update.I am puzzled because i thought cias can run online?

Any help would be appreciated.

You still get streetpass feature but not the online stuff like visiting other castle and such. You need to update EmuNAND in order to get those features, though online is not recommended because swimsuit patch causes crashes to other players.

Hahahaha. I'm using NTR CFW to load my English game with the undub patch.

In the regular game, my MU sounds like a manly guy with a deep voice.

...in Japanese, the save makes my MU sound like a 13 year old. xD

Download the patches you want and the patcher. Then by some means acquire the .3ds ROM dump of the game, and the 7 xorpad files (normally gotten by using decrypt9, the OP for this patch specific to the Japanese version has a little guide on how). Then use these files with the patch folder in the patcher and build either the .3ds or CIA file, if you have Gateway or CFW respectively.

I have a physical copy of the SE and CFW on the latest firmware. If I managed to dump my cartridge and followed these steps to patch an undub, would I be able to play online without the risk of being shadow-banned?

Hey guys, how will patching the fan translation work? Will it mix the fan translation with the localized version of the text for supports thanks to name change planned patch or will it come out once fan translation is completed? Also thank you so much for your hard work.

I have a physical copy of the SE and CFW on the latest firmware. If I managed to dump my cartridge and followed these steps to patch an undub, would I be able to play online without the risk of being shadow-banned?

You won't get shadowbanned for using the undub or the translation patch when its released, or the amie patch for that matter. they can't be detected by the system or nintendo. Using the swimsuits however presents its own risk. It can cause people without the patch to crash if they visit your mycastle or play against you online and one of your units is wearing one of them. The reason for that is that their game will try to call an item reference id that for them doesn't exist. It hasn't been tested but you might be able to avoid this by simply removing any items that have "dangerous" IDs from your units before using the update mycastle function. Because the accessory patch moves the ids around I'm not entirely sure which items need to be avoided. some items, like the love bracelet for example, become swimsuits with that patch while the and the item it was gets moved down the list as I understand it. That would mean that the swimsuit in that case is safe as it wil just appear as the item it was pre-patch for other players and not crash their game whereas the item that was moved down the list will end up crashing their game instead.

Edit: knowing what I know about the way the accessory shop patch changed the item reference list, these are the items that once that patch is in use will crash other player's list.

1. Item Reference 3D Emblem Shield

2. Item Reference 3E Hoshidan Mask

3. Item Reference 3F Love Bracelet

4. Item Reference 40 Love Swimsuit

Bear in mind that the Love Swimsuit is a toga and as such was not removed from the western release. The reason that these four items are not dangerous to use online is that the patch switched out the reference list with the japanese version's list and that caused a bunch of items to be moved around. I would highly reccomend to Team If to use the Western ID list to make this less problematic and clear cut to users of the patch. As it stands these items are far more likely to be used than the swimsuits by the usual user. As someone who hasn't used the patch yet I'm also concerned about how this will effect the love bracelet and Emblem shield as both of them have to be unlocked in the shop by meeting special conditions before they can be bought and I don't know that you addressed this as the result would be the game pointing to the wrong item and these items being unattainable. Its also disorienting for all the items to get swapped around with the patch installed, not to mention the odd way it effects character stats in online. I recognize that you likely went with the japanese list due to a fair number of users transferring saves from the japanese edition, but to that end I might just suggest making an alternate version with the western list and sticking on the OP.

Edited by Merik2013

Nice. The undub has been released..

I have a few questions though.. If I patch my game will I buy be able to buy the dlcs and will the undub work with them too? Next.. I have birthright physical copy, so if I get conquest and revelation digitally, do I need to patch them again?

Thanls.

​@Merik2013 Thanks for the detailed response. I wasn't planning on patching the swimsuits since I don't want to screw anyone over. However, it looks like I have to re-downgrade to 9.2 from 10.6 to dump my cartridge and after spending nearly 4 hours installing CFW from start to finish, I think I'll put that off until another day.

Nice. The undub has been released..

I have a few questions though.. If I patch my game will I buy be able to buy the dlcs and will the undub work with them too? Next.. I have birthright physical copy, so if I get conquest and revelation digitally, do I need to patch them again?

Thanls.

The only way to patch dlc (in this case conquest and revelations are also considered DLC as that's how the 3DS treats them when downloaded from in game) or access online content while using a patch is if you are running a custom firmware (CFW). using HANS (the non-CFW method) will only temporarily patch the game, so you'll be able to buy your dlc if you run the game without booting it through HANS, but while using HANS you won't be able to patch any DLC or access online content.

Edited by Merik2013

The only way to patch dlc (in this case conquest and revelations are also considered DLC as that's how the 3DS treats them when downloaded from in game) or access online content while using a patch is if you are running a custom firmware (CFW). using HANS (the non-CFW method) will only temporarily patch the game, so you'll be able to buy your dlc if you run the game without booting it through HANS, but while using HANS you won't be able to patch any DLC or access online content.

If the patches do not work for dlc with hans then how does it work with the undub hans patch on reddit, wouldn't the patches for special edition then solve the problem if they were under the romf Id of the version you are playing?

Im only mentioning the reddit one as an example of hans working with dlc paths.

Am I correct in assuming that you could mix and match patch options to make your own .romfs patch to use with HANS?

I'll try it later today. Just want to say thank you in advance for making these!

Yes, it should not be a problem to opt out unneeded patches

If the patches do not work for dlc with hans then how does it work with the undub hans patch on reddit, wouldn't the patches for special edition then solve the problem if they were under the romf Id of the version you are playing?

Because it's not like DLC contains all the voice files again, I'm pretty sure the DLC references voice files used in the base game.

If you wanted to do name restoration though, that's another story.

Will there be a tutorial out for people doing this for the first time? I've never actually done something like this before and I really don't want to mess up and break my 3ds.

Yes, there is a tutorial in the works. All you need is homebrew, which doesn't break your 3DS in any way.

Edited by thedude28

Will there be a tutorial out for people doing this for the first time? I've never actually done something like this before and I really don't want to mess up and break my 3ds.

What's your firmware? Levels of safety depend on how exactly you go about it (homebrew or CFW) ranging from "slightly risky" to "impossible to break your system."

As the dude said, if the files you're modding are in the base game and the dlc just references that then it'll work in dlc. Since you mention the special edition though I should point out that since the special edition has all three paths on the cart's rom HANS can patch all three of them at the same time. If you have the Special Edition then count yourself lucky.

So I was playing around with the patch files for the Japanese version, making silly edits to names and stuff and a question came up. In scripts, like in supports or story dialogue, the Avatar's name is called by reference but others would have the names just hard-coded in, so none of my name edits were reflected in dialogue, only the character labels. Is that how it functions in the untouched game or was it a patch thing? So when the name-change patch comes out, would that necessitate changing every instance of, for example, "Xander" with "Marx" in dialogue or is changing the base value of his name all that's required?

So I was playing around with the patch files for the Japanese version, making silly edits to names and stuff and a question came up. In scripts, like in supports or story dialogue, the Avatar's name is called by reference but others would have the names just hard-coded in, so none of my name edits were reflected in dialogue, only the character labels. Is that how it functions in the untouched game or was it a patch thing? So when the name-change patch comes out, would that necessitate changing every instance of, for example, "Xander" with "Marx" in dialogue or is changing the base value of his name all that's required?

The text box labels and dialogue name references are all hard coded (manually per instance). Just use notepad++ or write a simple script to replace all instances of one word with another (on NP++ include subdirectory references) and you should have a name patch.

Could someone help me with the patcher?

I have my rom/xorpads ready, but whenever I try to mount the patch it says 'selected path directory has too few or too many subfolders'

I'm selecting the 'Patch' file(FEFates patcher/patch).