Jump to content
luyairis

[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Legarad said:

I have a problem with hacking tools 3ds is not creating the patched file

This was my steps
1) Uncompress  Fire Emblem Fates Revelation USA CIA decrypted by Hacking Tools 3DS CE comand
2) I Copied & Remplaced Swinsuit Restoration's Files "AcceActionData.bin and AcceShop.bin" in ExtractedRomFS\GameData
3) I Copied & Remplaced m Folder of Name Restoration's Files in ExtractedRomFS
4) I tried to rebuild the game as a CIA using Hacking Tools 3DS CR comand, but the file was not created. Also try to reconstruct the game as 3DS but the file is created with 0 bytes of information

I Think missing a file in Name Restoration Files, I not interesed in japanese audio patched

 

Is that the Fates Revelation DLC CIA or the Special Edition USA CIA? If it's DLC it targets a different path and won't work correctly. If you're using FE Special Edition, I don't see where the problem would be. I'd suggest starting fresh and uncompressing the CIA, then without putting new files into it recompressing and see if that works. If it doesn't work then you know the issue is the Hacking Tools program. If it DOES work, then that means there may be an issue with the replacing process and I'd check the error log. Also make sure to double check the pathway directory where you're telling it to make the CIA from. 

Edited by AgahnimD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AgahnimD said:

No, a CIA is like a self-contained 3DS game. It's kind of like a .zip file in that it has a lot of extra files and folders inside of it that the 3DS reads, but in order to "unzip" it you need a special program, like the one in the link I posted. Once you unzip or extract the CIA, you'll find lots of folders such as "extracted romfs" which has the majority of the files that you'll want to edit. These files are what Luma Patches. A barebones explanation of what Luma does is below. 

This is what's causing the slowdown. To get around that you'd need to get a copy of the digital game (CIA) file, manually patch it yourself, then install it. However, this isn't something that can be done for physical copies of the game IIRC so if you are using one then you may be stuck with the load times. 

Is it possible for me to transfer my save data to a Digital Copy or extract my Physical Copy and turn it into a digital one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, WindPower said:

Is it possible for me to transfer my save data to a Digital Copy or extract my Physical Copy and turn it into a digital one?

Yes, just use FEFTwiddler to extract a chapter save from your physical copy, then load it into the digital version. It also has some additional functions such as editing the convey items and unit skills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AgahnimD said:

 

Is that the Fates Revelation DLC CIA or the Special Edition USA CIA? If it's DLC it targets a different path and won't work correctly. If you're using FE Special Edition, I don't see where the problem would be. I'd suggest starting fresh and uncompressing the CIA, then without putting new files into it recompressing and see if that works. If it doesn't work then you know the issue is the Hacking Tools program. If it DOES work, then that means there may be an issue with the replacing process and I'd check the error log. Also make sure to double check the pathway directory where you're telling it to make the CIA from. 

Special Edition USA CIA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Legarad said:

Special Edition USA CIA. 

Okay, double check the pathway then uncompress a vanilla CIA and recompress it without changing anything to see if it makes a usable CIA. If it doesn't work, check the error log and consider a clean reinstall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, AgahnimD said:

Yes, just use FEFTwiddler to extract a chapter save from your physical copy, then load it into the digital version. It also has some additional functions such as editing the convey items and unit skills. 

It's not showing my save datas from my Birthright or Revelations saves. I backed it up using checkpoint, but they're not there. Are they completely inaccessible? Frankly, they're the ones I needed the most.

Also, when I use the hacking toolkit to extract a CIA, it QUICKLY finishes and nothing changes within the folder. Am I also missing something there?
Sorry for all the trouble. I've been trying to get this up in running for days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, WindPower said:

 

It's not showing my save datas from my Birthright or Revelations saves. I backed it up using checkpoint, but they're not there. Are they completely inaccessible? Frankly, they're the ones I needed the most.

Also, when I use the hacking toolkit to extract a CIA, it QUICKLY finishes and nothing changes within the folder. Am I also missing something there?
Sorry for all the trouble. I've been trying to get this up in running for days.

It's been a while since I've used FEFTwiddler, but I believe it only recognizes the first 3 save files. So if you have special edition, it won't recognize the other saves you have on the game. I'd make a backup of the save files that it is letting you archive, then in the Fate main menu copy over the file you want to use over one of the files that you are able to archive. DISCLAIMER: JUST MAKE SURE IT IS A FILE YOU ARE OKAY LOSING. YOU PROBABLY WON'T BUT IT COULD HAPPEN. *ahem*  

For the hacking toolkit, it should take a few moments to unpack and when it is finished the folders from the CIA should in the hacking toolkit directory. Do you have a special edition Fates CIA that you are unpacking? How large is the file?  

It's no trouble at all. I won't have access to my workbench PC for a few days otherwise I'd be including screenshots of what it should look like, but if you are still having issues later in the week I'll see about making a visual walkthrough. 

Edited by AgahnimD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AgahnimD said:

It's been a while since I've used FEFTwiddler, but I believe it only recognizes the first 3 save files. So if you have special edition, it won't recognize the other saves you have on the game. I'd make a backup of the save files that it is letting you archive, then in the Fate main menu copy over the file you want to use over one of the files that you are able to archive. DISCLAIMER: JUST MAKE SURE IT IS A FILE YOU ARE OKAY LOSING. YOU PROBABLY WON'T BUT IT COULD HAPPEN. *ahem*  

For the hacking toolkit, it should take a few moments to unpack and when it is finished the folders from the CIA should in the hacking toolkit directory. Do you have a special edition Fates CIA that you are unpacking? How large is the file?  

It's no trouble at all. I won't have access to my workbench PC for a few days otherwise I'd be including screenshots of what it should look like, but if you are still having issues later in the week I'll see about making a visual walkthrough. 

I have a Conquest Save. I just bought all of the other paths. Copying my saves over the Extra Data ones worked like a charm; Thank you so much T
he CIA I'm working with, however, is a Special Edition (USA) one. The file size is approximately 1,824,532,800 (Not on disk)
Will it be compatible with those saves?

I'll have a few screenshots of what the Hackingtoolkit is doing (Or rather, not doing) in just a moment. Stay tuned!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad to hear that the save files were able to be transferred. They'll work with any version of Fates. 

Hmm... I can't see anything that you're doing wrong with the tool. Getting a dumb question out of the way-- have you run the setupUS.exe yet? You'll need that prior to doing anything. If you have, maybe try renaming the CIA to Fates.cia and type it in manually. Sometimes copying and pasting causes a hickup.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AgahnimD said:

I'm glad to hear that the save files were able to be transferred. They'll work with any version of Fates. 

Hmm... I can't see anything that you're doing wrong with the tool. Getting a dumb question out of the way-- have you run the setupUS.exe yet? You'll need that prior to doing anything. If you have, maybe try renaming the CIA to Fates.cia and type it in manually. Sometimes copying and pasting causes a hickup.  

I have run it. I'll try that and reply back in just a second.
Though a few initial uses, no i didn't run it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great! The save can be loaded through FEFTwiddler once you've edited the files and installed the new CIA file. I don't have access to the program right now but it's an option there somewhere. 

Your next step after it is done unpacking will be to move the patch files that you have in Luma over to their corresponding folders and overwright them. Once you've done all the changes you want and are sure they are in the right spot, load up the hacking tool again and this time you'll choose to rebuild the CIA file. 

You can then install that CIA file as normal using FBI or another program. Once that's done and you've verified that it runs correctly, you can remove the luma patch folder and it should load much quicker. 

Edited by AgahnimD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AgahnimD said:

Great! The save can be loaded through FEFTwiddler once you've edited the files and installed the new CIA file. I don't have access to the program right now but it's an option there somewhere. 

Your next step after it is done unpacking will be to move the patch files that you have in Luma over to their corresponding folders and overwright them. Once you've done all the changes you want and are sure they are in the right spot, load up the hacking tool again and this time you'll choose to rebuild the CIA file. 

You can then install that CIA file as normal using FBI or another program. Once that's done and you've verified that it runs correctly, you can remove the luma patch folder and it should load much quicker. 

image.thumb.png.90ad4f717ee78bbe3a3eb40a5a2b36d7.png

 

This?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything else, though, is going smoothly. Thank you so much for the help! Though, rebuilding is taking awhile and nothing is really happening in the folder where the cia is. I'm kinda worried. I didn't input the minor or micro versions because i don't know what they are, but I got an error about a dll.

Edited by WindPower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm... try closing out of FEFTwiddler and then reopening it, but don't select a save file. See if that opens up another option there under File -> Save. 

If that doesn't work I'll take a look at the program once I'm back at my PC later this week. We'll get it sorted out. :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AgahnimD said:

Hmm... try closing out of FEFTwiddler and then reopening it, but don't select a save file. See if that opens up another option there under File -> Save. 

If that doesn't work I'll take a look at the program once I'm back at my PC later this week. We'll get it sorted out. :)  

image.thumb.png.d323e8726d8013e9e2579f5f0cd7656a.png

It's no good. But I'm having some packing problems now. I edited my last post accordingly.
One of the files popped to 0 bytes then reverted to it's original size. I started to rebuild it again to find exactly what went wrong. something about a dll.

Edited by WindPower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.1e4a20ce3ec334600c50a82e84c95f48.png

Here we are. Should I rerun SetupUS.exe?
Edit: Solved. I now have the packed CIA.

Edited by WindPower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upon trying to install the CIA (That I repackaged with the Hackingtoolkit ver 9) I Got the following error:
Failed to install CIA file.
Result code: 0xD8E08025
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Invalid NCCH (37)
@AgahnimD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a few reasons why that error code can pop up. It could be that the CIA is corrupted in which case you'd need to repack it. It's also caused by an SD card that is reporting more space than it has available. I'd double check your SD card and available space. What size is your card? IIRC the larger cards can sometimes cause issues without proper formatting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AgahnimD said:

There's a few reasons why that error code can pop up. It could be that the CIA is corrupted in which case you'd need to repack it. It's also caused by an SD card that is reporting more space than it has available. I'd double check your SD card and available space. What size is your card? IIRC the larger cards can sometimes cause issues without proper formatting. 

A 32FAT File System
32 GB
It has 6,065,782,784 bytes of storage space left
I removed my dump file so I should have enough space left. Just in case, I will commence repacking now with Hackingtoolkit V9. V12 didn't work and I heard that 9 would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/4/2019 at 10:11 PM, AgahnimD said:

Okay, double check the pathway then uncompress a vanilla CIA and recompress it without changing anything to see if it makes a usable CIA. If it doesn't work, check the error log and consider a clean reinstall. 

I think it's because makeroom is not compatible with my windows version is 32bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...