[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

Are you actually implying that voice acting in a story-driven game is merely a "small aspect"? The English voice acting is arguably awful and I just want my first playthrough of the game's story be the authentic experience.

That was my intent, yes. Games have a lot more to them than voice acting.

If the JP version didn't exist and the NA version was exactly as it is now, then the NA version would be the "authentic" experience, even completely unchanged. Authenticity for the sake of authenticity is silly- while the JP version has many subjective advantages over the NA one, it being authentic has no bearing on how good it is either. And if an issue like voice acting is enough to make the NA version unplayable, all the authenticity in the world isn't going to save the JP version from issues of similar scope in different places.

If you can't deal with issues of that scope, the JP version won't satisfy you.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my intent, yes. Games have a lot more to them than voice acting.

If the JP version didn't exist and the NA version was exactly as it is now, then the NA version would be the "authentic" experience, even completely unchanged. Authenticity for the sake of authenticity is silly- while the JP version has many subjective advantages over the NA one, it being authentic has no bearing on how good it is either. And if an issue like voice acting is enough to make the NA version unplayable, all the authenticity in the world isn't going to save the JP version from issues of similar scope in different places.

If you can't deal with issues of that scope, the JP version won't satisfy you.

Wow, let's just drop the topic here shall we? I just want to hear news about progress here. However, there are few reasons I can relate to the fact that games can feel unplayable where the voices are changed for the sake of keeping budget down or whatever reason it is, especially when the original feels "subjectively" superior to the localized one. (When one already feels this there is no point to argue this) This is the age of internet where people can bother to look at the original work instead of enjoying the meal without knowing the deal.

There has been so many cases for me that I dropped the games I bought because of horrible English acting, and then picked up again with undub version to enjoy it. English is not native language, so there is no reason for me and I can assume many other people do not feel attached to English voice acting either. Especially in environments where people grew up with Japanese so they get used to that much more better. However, this is just a problem for minority community, so that explains why JPN dub is not priority for some companies. If you can't understand why people can't stand English dub then it's fine, there is no need to say "it won't satisfy you either way" because it DOES satisfy them. Dub vs sub debate has been never solved in any argument.

Edited by Astora

Are you going to be updating the patch for the new system update for the 3ds that came out today (10.6)? That might be an issue for people who's 3ds's have updated automatically (which does happen).

New patch already? It's really a shame it came before Revelations was released, hopefully there's a way around it.

Revelations wasn't patchable on 10.5 anyway though.

I'm sure new ways will be found soon, but it's not the If team who will be doing them, and there are still a few ways that work right now, if you updated (namely OoT and Ninjhax).

I'm wondering if this will work with physical copies of Conquest or Birthright that will have all the DLC routes, and may I ask how will you implement such patch for it, because many people are possibly screwed over with the Special Edition.

Anyways thank you for this interesting project and putting all your hard for it, we await for its success.

Edited by BirbStrategist

I'm wondering if this will work with physical copies of Conquest or Brightright that will have all the DLC routes, and may I ask how will you implement such patch for it, because many people are screwed over with the Special Edition.

Anyways thank you for this interesting project and putting all your hard for it, we await for its success.

For any non-cfw users (aka if you don't know what that is, that's you), the patch at the moment can only work with whatever is on your cart. Meaning, anything downloaded won't be patched. However, certain files, such as the sounds, music, and whatnot, if they're already on cart, they'll patch.

Are you actually implying that voice acting in a story-driven game is merely a "small aspect"? The English voice acting is arguably awful and I just want my first playthrough of the game's story be the authentic experience.

Then, just as luyairis mentions, play the Japanese version, because nothing else will clearly suffice, 王子様.

Or turn off the voices in the options menu.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm noticing people are trying to make sense why this delocalization project is so important to others.

Here's the thing: don't try to rationalize it. It has nothing to do with you. It won't make sense to you, and it never will. I was going to explain why I was against playing the game until this delocalization project was done since someone quoted me earlier, but realized that wouldn't change their minds, nor would it be enough to satiate their tastes. And you know what? That's OK. It's not for you all to understand.

I want to thank the IF team for giving us the option in the first place. I'm glad there is even a choice to make.

Edited by jtenma

"You will never understand out tastes".

You do know that you have two people that are more Japanese purist on this thread that speak Japanese and are part of the translation team that you just said that to, yes?

Edited by shadowofchaos

You do know that you have two people that are more Japanese purist on this thread that speak Japanese and are part of the translation team that you just said that to, yes?

1. You should quote the person you are speaking to. I was confused there for a second.

2. That is not who I am talking about, and that is not what I am talking about.

Last time saying this: It shouldn't matter why we want a de-localization. It does matter that it is being done. I'm glad we could come to an understanding.

Moving on...

Do you guys (IF team) take donations by any chance? i want to help out anyway I can. Or is that not allowed?

Moving on...

Do you guys (IF team) take donations by any chance? i want to help out anyway I can. Or is that not allowed?

We never have and never will. Accepting donations for something that isn't ours is grounds for a DMCA. Give your money to Nintendo instead. Edited by luyairis

Please stop this debate what decides the factor in how people should play. There are tons of people disregard gameplay for graphic, cuteness for cool, and etc. Your "I have two JPN guys to speak" does not have any significant meaning either. What can he say? People will play what they want it to be. If it doesn't have a certain factor in the game they want, then they will simply just stop playing or outright not to buy it. It's just very simple.

and lastly, are you certain that this thread is actually about content and delocalization, not how you should play and disregard A B C, or "Your taste is shit, stop playing the game" ? If you guys still want to argue which is better, please make another thread. This is just too silly, and it is going to be even more stupid if you guys don't stop.

...ooooohhhkaayyy.

so anyway, like I said "moving on"

We never have and never will. Accepting donations for something that isn't ours is grounds for a DMCA. Give your money to Nintendo instead.

Aww i thought so. Too bad there are no loop holes. ugh. I feel so useless. :< do you guys accept cookies?

By the way guys, there's an error by the localization team on Marx and Felicia's B support.

Here's how it SHOULD look, one quick edit in the support file fixes it too;
The original script has this in this part;
$Wmマークス|3$Wsマークス|$Wa$E苦,汗|$w0|Felicia! Are you all right? By the gods,\nyou're all wrapped up in yarn!$k\n$Wsフェリシア|$WaLord Xander... Just passing by again,\nI suppose?$k\n$Wsマークス|$Wa$E苦,汗|Yes, and lucky that I was, it seems.\nDo you require assistance?$k\n$E苦,汗|Well...yes. Would you please unwind all\nthis yarn for me?$k\n$Wsマークス|$Wa$E笑,|Yes, of course. Hold still for a moment
But the correct script should be;
$Wmマークス|3$Wsマークス|$Wa$E苦,汗|$w0|Felicia! Are you all right? By the gods,\nyou're all wrapped up in yarn!$k\n$Wsフェリシア|$WaLord Xander... Just passing by again,\nI suppose?$k\n$Wsマークス|$Wa$E苦,汗|Yes, and lucky that I was, it seems.\nDo you require assistance?$k\n$Wsフェリシア|$Wa$E苦,汗|Well...yes. Would you please unwind all\nthis yarn for me?$k\n$Wsマークス|$Wa$E笑,|Yes, of course. Hold still for a moment
They forgot to add $Wsフェリシア|$Wa which would signal the game that it's Felicia the one who's talking.
Edited by DeathChaos25

I accidentally updated my 3ds to 10.6, is it impossible to get this patch now?

I think Menuhax and Browserhax are unusable if you updated. If you're on 10.6, you would need oot3dhax or ninjhax to access homebrew launcher (for HANS) or CFW.

But I might be wrong, maybe someone can confirm this?

You'll need to set up Homebrew, but you have all the hardware you need to do that. If your game is the JP version you can play right away once you've set things up, but if it's the localized version the patch isn't ready just yet. Installing Homebrew:

I'm not sure which entry point is the best. My New 3DS XL is 10.3.0-27U.

Also, I do not want to install homebrew until I see how the patch works out. I hacked my olds stuff before, but I just bought this New 3DS and I really do not want to brick it. Are there risks of that happening?

Also, is the homebrew available for the latest firmware? I really would like to use network features such as e-shop and online battles.

Sorry for all these questions! I used to be on top of my things back in the DS & Wii days, but then college happened..

I'm not sure which entry point is the best. My New 3DS XL is 10.3.0-27U.

Also, I do not want to install homebrew until I see how the patch works out. I hacked my olds stuff before, but I just bought this New 3DS and I really do not want to brick it. Are there risks of that happening?

Also, is the homebrew available for the latest firmware? I really would like to use network features such as e-shop and online battles.

Sorry for all these questions! I used to be on top of my things back in the DS & Wii days, but then college happened..

You can't brick your console with Homebrew.

It is available for the latest firmware, but you aren't able to use online functions, as HANS doesn't allow online functions.

Edited by thedude28

I think Menuhax and Browserhax are unusable if you updated. If you're on 10.6, you would need oot3dhax or ninjhax to access homebrew launcher (for HANS) or CFW.

But I might be wrong, maybe someone can confirm this?

The thing is, I have neither of those games, and they're both pretty expensive nowadays...

And I'm not really familiar with cfw at all, would that be able to run the patch as well?

The thing is, I have neither of those games, and they're both pretty expensive nowadays...

And I'm not really familiar with cfw at all, would that be able to run the patch as well?

Yes that would, but if your 3DS is higher than firmware 10.3, you can't get CFW.