[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I

Does using SmashHax or the OoT hack allow online features? I'm honestly looking to use homebrew just for this patch, and still want to play my other games online.

All hax are entry points into homebrew.

Edited by thedude28

All hax are entry points into homebrew.

How hard is it to install the oothax ? I did some research and it seems so much more complicated than menuhax and browserhax. I couldn't find any good tutorials on it either... It seems really difficult to me idk

Okay I have questions to clear things up:

Are there ways to install homebrew and still have online features?

Can you remove homebrew?

What are the risks of homebrew?

Can I still use homebrew if I update my N3DS now?

Sorry for all these questions.

Thanks!

As of right now, nope. You can still check your friend list and see who's online, but any online function that requires info to be downloaded is going to prompt an update.

You can physically remove it by deleting the same files to install it from your SD card.

I want to say "no risks", but if someone else could provide a much better explanation for that would be appreciated.

What firmware is your N3DS on right now? If you're on 10.6, then the easiest method browserhax unfortunately is not an option since online features including the internet browser require an update, but I heard installing homebrew via OoThax, ninjahax, and smashhax is still possible. I think

How hard is it to install the oothax ? I did some research and it seems so much more complicated than menuhax and browserhax. I couldn't find any good tutorials on it either... It seems really difficult to me idk

Not really, all you need is someone who has homebrew. Then he/she can help you out with that.

Otherwise you need a powersave to get the save onto OoT.

So just to confirm, as the OP post is a bit unclear. I can start a game, and then when the project is finished, I can patch and continue with my save file right?

Or will I need to restart completely?

Yes you can keep your saves. Just be sure to back them up.

Okay I have questions to clear things up:

Are there ways to install homebrew and still have online features?

Can you remove homebrew?

What are the risks of homebrew?

Can I still use homebrew if I update my N3DS now?

Sorry for all these questions.

Thanks!

1. Nope.

2. Yes.

3. There's no risk at all.

4. Yes, though you'd need Cubic Ninja/Ocarina of Time/Smash 4 to get homebrew.

As of right now, nope. You can still check your friend list and see who's online, but any online function that requires info to be downloaded is going to prompt an update.

1. Nope.

Oh, even if you're on the latest firmware (10.6), homebrew doesn't have access to online features? If we don't go into homebrew, and just play normally without patch, would the online features work then?

Also, do you have to have powersave to install oot3dhax? Can you install it without?

Oh, even if you're on the latest firmware (10.6), homebrew doesn't have access to online features? If we don't go into homebrew, and just play normally without patch, would the online features work then?

Also, do you have to have powersave to install oot3dhax? Can you install it without?

You're using HANS to play the patch, and HANS doesn't allow online features.

You can use a power save, or you can find a friend with homebrew to help you install OoThax

Edited by thedude28

You're using HANS to play the patch, and HANS doesn't allow online features.

You can use a power save, or you can find a friend with homebrew to help you install OoThax

So, if I already have homebrew, I can install OoThax just with the game cartridge myself? (I'm not sure if its better to get oothax so i can update? or just stay with 10.5?)

So, if I already have homebrew, I can install OoThax just with the game cartridge myself? (I'm not sure if its better to get oothax so i can update? or just stay with 10.5?)

If you already have homebrew, are you getting OoThax for another entry point?

But yeah as long as you have homebrew you should be good to install OoThax

If you already have homebrew, are you getting OoThax for another entry point?

But yeah as long as you have homebrew you should be good to install OoThax

Yes, I'm thinking about installing OoThax too (?) so I can update and access eshop (since menuhax no longer works on 10.6).

Thanks, btw!

What exactly do you need to install oothax? Some places say powersave, others dont...what would be the easiest way for a noob like me on 10.6 to go about installing this patch?

Please read the post above you, but I'll repeat it again.

You have two options, you either get a power save or you find someone else with homebrew.

Edited by thedude28

Does this patch or the undub patch alter the game cartridge itself?

If i homebrew one 3ds and patch the game can i play the patched game on another non homebrew 3ds?

Would I have to unpatch the game to play it normally?

Can I load the undub patch, then load this patch once it's released without any hassle?

I've been wondering something. Through rom extractor, you can pretty much view all the game's files. I've taken a peek at it and saw a Sound file inside. It contained skinship lines and soundtracks, namely Hitori Omou. What I wonder is, what would happen to the localized Amie if you were to switch the Japanese Sound file with the English sound file?

How would someone else having homebrew help me?

I'm pretty sure someone with homebrew can install OoThax for you if you have the game.

Will the patched and unpatched versions share the same save file?

Thanks for your answers guys!

Yes. If you're using HANS then I'm pretty sure you don't need to worry about saves.

Does this patch or the undub patch alter the game cartridge itself?

If i homebrew one 3ds and patch the game can i play the patched game on another non homebrew 3ds?

Would I have to unpatch the game to play it normally?

Can I load the undub patch, then load this patch once it's released without any hassle?

No you cannot alter the game cartridge itself.

No, that 3ds must also have homebrew as you're not altering the game cart.

If you want to play the game normally, just don't use homebrew and play from the home menu.

Yes.

Can you confirm if HANS does not allow online features? I researched through a lot and no one has mentioned this.

I have the undubbed HANS patch from reddit installed and it even describes "Online safe".

I know as of right now 10.6 blocked browserhax and menuhax entrypoint, and without the lastest firmware you cannot use online features on the 3ds.

However, does HANS really disables any online features? I have no clue. Thanks.

Edited by waltz

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but my friend told me that I would be able to get some help by coming here. I purchased both physical copies of Fire Emblem Fates Conquest and Fire Emblem Fates Birthright, but I am extremely disappointed in just how poorly the localization is. Everything from the removal of the amie game to the terrible dialogue changes and character changes. With that said I am really happy there are people willing to fix this for us. Thank you very much. Though I know hardly anything with how to apply this patch, I will wait until the patch is released for me to start asking for tutorials. Now on to my questions.

My 3DS firmware is currently Ver. 10.5.0-30U. Will it be impossible for me to downgrade and run homebrew, etc. so I can run this patch? If not I would appreciate it if someone directed me to a beginner friendly guide on how I can do this.

Also what all do I need on my end? From what I have read I am under the impression that all I need is a 3DS, Physical copies of the games, an SD card (will any 2GB SD card work?), and access to the internet. Everything else can be downloaded.

Or would things be too much of a hassle and I should just sell my copies to go to importing a Japanese 3DS and the Japanese game and getting the other patch made for the Japanese games?

I am sorry if it sounds like I am just trying to get spoon fed the answers, but I have looked around on various sites. I am just not confident in what I know on the process so far to do anything.