Is grinding up Amelia/Ewan worth it?

I always make Amelia a Paladin. Her battle sprite is pretty good, and she can be pretty powerful as one (though I think Seth is still better)

Never used Ewan, I don't know how good he is. He has access to some classes that are otherwise limited to Knoll, but beyond that I don't know how good he is.

They can be good if you put the time into them, but if you're going for quickness/efficiency nah.

But hey if you aren't then they do well, pretty much everyone in Sacred Stones is pretty easy to use.

Don't use Amelia, not worth the effort but if you do, don't use her as a Knight

Ewan however, you can use. Make him a Druid tho, his Summoner class is good but his summons are slightly worse than Knoll's.

Both require babying unless you use Tower of Valni (which for the trainees, I recommend).

It's hilarious but really not worth it. I mean, once they get going they function about as well as other units, the problem is the 10 level investment to get them to the same point as their competition. You could get Amelia to level 10, but it's far less effort to use one of the other cavaliers to get pretty comparable results.

Like two weeks ago I've started a Sacred Stones playthrough and decided to use units I've never used before, Amelia was one of those.

I trained her at the Valni Tower for nothing more than an hour to bring her to the level of my others units, now I'm at chapter 20, she's a General and these are her stats:

944d92a2bd.jpg

Therefore, I really don't think she's bad at all!

Her only bad stat is resistance but with that incredible 19 speed she evade A LOT, so I really think you should give her a chance to shine, she really has a great potential!

In an LTC or even normal playthrough, no. If you're looking to grind in Valni, Amelia can at least give you a gimmicky speedy General for lulz. Ewan is just straight up worse than Lute though rofl

If you want a dark mage, Ewan sure beats Knoll though

Edited by General Banzai

Well in my expeirence all 3 of them are great to use and Amelia becomes a dodge machine. How many times did you play the game? an option becomes unlocked later to be able to keep them in their unique trainee classes they stomp the entire game that way and Amelia and Ross will have a crit bonus added to them while Ewan becomes and archmage like Athos in his unique class I mean you could accomplish the same thing via enemy control bug and have your sages master dark but if you don`t want to then yeah.. Ewan.

Though FE8 is pretty easy even without all three of them easiest FE in the series so really doesn`t matter what you do.

My game before Sacred Stones being Binding Blade, I was pleasantly surprised that they ended up being more than decent. It also helped that they have been the easiest units to baby on.

I was really surprised with Ross as a Warrior being actually usable, compared to Ward, Lot and other ax-users in Binding Blade. I haven't used Garcia at all, so I don't really know about that, but Ross actually had hit rates up to 80% from the get go. I'd happily bet my money that the same would definitely not happen with any of the ax users in Binding Blade that is not a promoted Dieck, Alan, or Lance, even against lance-using enemies.

Similarly, Amelia became an Armor Knight/General that actually avoids at least half the time in battle, and being actually usable all around. Trying to achieve the same thing with Wendy/Bors/Barth? Forget it; I ain't doing that even if I'm bribed a million bucks.

Ewan wasn't as notable because Ray in Binding Blade was also viable. Still though, Ewan became my go-to decoy-setting dark mage.

Use Amelia only if you like her.

Apparently, her best class is Paladin, but you already have to many ones (including Seth which is at least as good, if not better, with far less investmeet). I like her as a General, but, depending of your playstyle, they are generally not worth it.

She have an atrocious Con, and rather unimpressive growths.

Ewan is better (Whether him or Ross is the b est trainee is up to debate), if only because it is your only Druid (Knoll is so much better as a Summoner). He generally turns out pretty well.

Trainees are, by essence, a gamble. They can turn out godly as well as they can turns out total crap.
Their growths are medium to bad, but they have the 10 extra level.

I made Amelia into a General, and Ewan into a Mage Knight. I regret my decision on Amelia, as she is very slow compared to Ewan. Your best bet is to give them both horseback evolutions.

I've seen many battles won on horseback.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are thinking of going through the story quickly and easily, there is no need to train any of the three kids. Seth alone can dominate the game before chapter 20 (If you are skillful enough, he can also beat through the last two chapters). Also, there are plenty of good characters in FE8 allowing the player to choose freely.