Revising PKL's H2 0% run

'sup all, I've been working on this and have gotten far enough that I'd like other experienced FE12 players to double check the plan and make sure that I didn't make any dumb mistakes.

Kris: fighter, +2 str/mag, +1 skl/spd

Same as before; I had considered +2 spd and +1 str but it turns out that Kris needs +2 str to reliably 2HKO fighters in P-3.

Prologue: 2/3/3/3/3/2/3/5 turns

Athena, Ogma, Cain. I saved 1 turn each in P4 and P6 with safe strategies. I cut 2 turns from P8 by rigging a dodge each from Athena and Ogma at ~44 hit immediately after hitting the savepoint. I can't find a more reliable way to 5-turn and 4 turns is impossible without massive rigging, but I could be wrong. This map is hard.

Chapters 1-3x: 6/6/17/6 turns
Forge: +3 MT, +10 hit Steel Bow 3850G

Pretty self-explanatory. PKL didn't need the Steel Bow forge, but I decided that it was a good investment to improve reliability and simplicity, plus it lets me deploy Malicia in chapter 3 for a ton of staff grinding.

Chapter 4: 3 turns, from 5
Armory: Angelic Robe (Marth), Energy Drop (Palla), Dracoshield (Palla) 7500G
2 Rescue uses (3/5)

Marth needs Robe to survive turn 2 reliably. It also helps him in chapter 6 and possibly chapter 13x. Palla needs Drop to ORKO boss and she also needs Draco to survive a hunter and the boss. Sirius has to dodge 1 of 2 attacks on turn 1 at ~40 hit.

Chapter 5: 7 turns, from 9
2 Rescue uses (1/5)

A Rescue saves 2 turns. Marth and his rescuer can stay out of range of the snipers with a Rescue assist, but I'm not even sure if the snipers move if anyone ends up in range.

Chapter 6: 4 turns, from 5
1 Hammerne use (2/3)
1 Rescue use (4/5)

A turn 1 Rescue saves a turn. This means that Julian and Rickard have to grab the chests. Marth must survive throne room enemies, but he has no chance of death with good formation and AI manipulation.

Chapters 6x-7: 2/5 turns
Boosters: Secret Book (Palla)
Armory: Speedwing (Palla), Speedwing (Palla) 5000G

Palla needs both Wings to double Legion and thieves and stuff.

Chapters 8-9: 3/5 turns
1/1 Rescue uses (2/5)

Chapters 10-10x: 2/1 turns

Chapter 11: 4 turns, from 6
2 Rescue uses BROKEN
Armory: Angelic Robe (Etzel), Speedwing (Palla), Dracoshield (Palla), Dracoshield (Palla) 10000G
Forge: +7 MT, +10 hit Dragonpike 21600G
Secret: 3x Wyrmslayer, 3x Dragonpike 3825G tentative

Yikes. This is an adapted version of Gradivus's strategy. Etzel needs Robe, RP, and Cancer to survive 2 wyverns and blick them on counter. Palla needs the boosters to double wyverns without Scorpio and murder a bunch of stuff on turn 1 so that Malicia can walk to the Speedwing unmolested. The +7 MT Dragonpike forge is overkill for this boss, but I think I'll need it for chapters 14 and 21. I have to skip the Dracoshield, Arms Scroll, Goddess Icon, and Lady Sword, but I got everything else.

Wendell either needs to get a Thoron crit vs. a hunter on turn 3 without savepoint assistance (the hunter rarely has 13AS and gets doubled, so I could reset dor that), or he needs to eat 2 Goddess Icons from the armory in order for the hunter to attack Minerva instead. Minerva would need Wing to ORKO the hunter. She doesn't need a Wing otherwise and can use the one found in this chapter for the next chapter.

This is where I'm at thus far, so everything beyond here is speculation:

Chapter 12: 5 turns, from 6?
Boosters: Energy Drop (Palla), Energy Drop (Palla), Secret Book (Palla), Speedwing (Palla), Speedwing (Minerva)?

I think that this is possible from tile counting if Palla lures Darros to the correct tile on turn 1 and Marth recruits Darros on turn 2. I'm not clear on how the rest of the chapter will play out, but I'd really like to shave a turn here if possible.

Chapter 13: 6 turns

Unfortunately I can't see a way to shave any turns from this map with Marth recruiting Beck. He's just too far away and rivers cost a lot of mov. Beck isn't aggressive, either. Whoever decided to put him there and make him recruitable by only Marth should get shot.

Chapter 13x: 2 turns

I want to grab the Iote's Shield this time.

Chapter 14: 3 turns, from 2?
3 Warp uses (4/7)
1 Thief use (4/5, for Again)
1 Again use (2/3)

So because Rescue is broken, I have to find a way to do this without using Rescue. My theorycraft is that Marth will get the Starsphere on turn 2 and get warped to Tiki on turn 3. I'll then warp a warper to Marth, drop Warp in the convoy by killing a thief, warp Marth to the throne, and again Marth to seize. I have no idea if this will work. I don't think this can be 2-turned without Rescue.

Chapter 15: 1 turn
1 Warp use (3/7)

Chapter 16: 2 turns, from 3?
1 Thief use (3/5, for Rescue)

The only impediments to 2-turning instead of 3-turning are recruiting Astram and getting the Geosphere. The Geosphere would require a Javelin crit on both turns 1 and 2 (which I'll probably forge). Recruiting Astram seems a bit more difficult; I don't have access to enemy hero stats and so I'm not sure if RP Jeorge as horseman, draco, or paladin can survive an enemy hero.

PKL got the Speedwing here but I don't think Katarina will need it.

Chapter 16x: 2 turns
1 Again use (1/3)

Chapter 17: 1 turn, from 5?
2 Warp uses (1/7)
1 Again use BROKEN

Warp thief, unlock door. Marth recruits Tomas, gets danced, gets warped to throne room, recruits Sheema, gets agained, and seizes. I'm 99% sure this will work unless the thief somehow can't unlock the door on turn 1.

Chapter 18: 2 turns
1 Rescue use (4/5)

Katarina won't be able to ORKO generals without the Speedwing, but I'm actually pretty sure that she doesn't need to.

Chapter 19: 3 turns, from 4?
1 Hammerne use (1/3)
3 Warp uses (4/7)
2 Rescue uses (2/5)

This is the same as PKL's strategy. I theorize being able to save a turn if a draco can lure Sedgar on turn 2 in addition to luring Wolf on turn 1. However, I'm not sure if ending turn in Sedgar's range causes him to move, and I'm also not sure if he moves before or after the generic horseman that could also be lured. If he moves after the generic horseman, then that's probably bad.

Chapter 20: 1 turn
2 Thief uses (1/5, for Again, Brave Lance)
2 Warp uses (2/7)

Brave Lance is to save me grief in chapters 20x and 21.

Chapter 20x: 3 turns, from 4?
2 Again uses (1/3)

This is theorycraft in my head; I have no idea if it'll work. It involves Master Sword Vyland.

Chapter 21: 2 turns
1 Warp use (1/7)
1 Hammerne use BROKEN
1 Again use BROKEN
2 Warp uses (5/7)
1 Rescue use (1/5)

PKL mentioned that he could've 1-turned this map if he had more staff users, which requires 1 more Warp (because you can't fly Palla over to bosskill). It would also require 1 more Again than what I have listed because Minerva can't reach the secret shop after stopping on the village. So I've cut those out and settled for 2 turns again.

This is where the +7 MT Dragonpike forge comes in handy again, but I've had to make some assumptions because I don't have a save available to test. First, I assume that Minerva can activate Michalis's recruitment if she OHKOs the wyvern while standing on the village; she only has to end her turn there instead of actually using the "wait" command. Second, I assume that she can OHKO the wyverns with the Dragonpike forge. Third, I assume that she can somehow survive the 2 wyverns that basically have to attack her if she doesn't want to be killed by something else.

Surviving the wyverns with high likelihood will require an Angelic Robe be diverted from Katarina or Palla onto Minerva, which would suck for chapter 20x but I don't think is needed on Katarina otherwise. If Minerva must use the "wait" command on the village, then she must dodge 1 of 3 wyverns on turn 1 at fairly high hit given that she has the Robe.

Chapter 22: 1 turn
3 Warp uses (2/7)

Chapter 23: 1 turn
1 Warp use (1/7)
1 Thief use (BROKEN, for Hammerne)
2 Hammerne uses (1/3)
2 Warp uses (5/7)

Someone please tell me that the Hammerne didn't get replaced with, like, a Door Key or something.

Chapter 24: 1 turn

I have 5 Warp and 5 Rescue, I can definitely do this.

Edited by dondon151

on further thought, arms scrolling midia is a better choice than using vyland

turn 1: palla does the same thing you did, katarina kills the first warrior, feena dances. katarina then kills the third warrior instead of the second warrior. malicia physics katarina if she gets hit. midia has to master sword crit OHKO the second warrior.

turn 2: haven't really thought about this lmao

palla can reach eremiah in 3 turns if she uses her full mov every turn. i probably have to again feena on turn 2 and again marth on turn 3. there are exactly 2 safe tiles in the middle section of the map, the tiles on and above the first general, where longbow snipers and eremiah's meteor can't reach feena, so technically marth and feena can sneak past the first sniper.

so i think what has to happen is

midia reveals first general. palla ORKOs first general. marth moves below midia. feena dances marth. marth moves 3U 1L, revealing second general. malicia agains feena. feena moves 3U 1L, dancing palla. katarina ORKOs second general from 1R 1D. palla moves 2U 4L.

this puts katarina in range of 2 snipers. palla has to deal with a berserker, a sniper, a general, and eremiah's meteor. katarina being in range of 2 snipers is what makes me believe that she needs a robe here, because she can barely survive 2 hits after RP with a robe and without a dracoshield. palla's enemy phase is kind of rough too and i'm not sure if she can survive without a dodge even with all of the boosters that she's eaten.

turn 3: marth moves, feena dances, marth reveals eremiah. palla ORKOs eremiah, malicia agains marth, marth seizes. if enemies are in marth's way, midia and katarina are waiting in the wings to kill them.

i've hypothesized that early rescues have bigger potential to save turns because you don't have feena or boots yet. when you have feena, a dance is just like a rescue.

also if you have a save handy, can you check to see if minerva activates michalis's recruitment if she KOs the wyvern while standing on the village, and if the hammerne in chapter 23 is really a hammerne? testing sedgar's movement order would be nice too.

EDIT: notes for my own reference

eremiah (30 atk) attacks before all other enemies in the turn. therefore offering up a unit with lower res than katarina and palla will divert her. her range overlaps with at least 1 longbow sniper with 34 atk.

paladin midia has 35 HP, 16 def, and 6 res. with RP and +7 pure water, she has 18 def and 13 res, taking 16 + 17 = 33 HP damage from eremiah and sniper. she has turn 2 free to use a pure water.

paladin palla has 44 HP, 18 def, and 6 res. with RP, 1 talisman, and +6 pure water, she has 20 def and 14 res, putting her lower priority than midia.

SM katarina has 34 HP, 12 def, and 5 res. with RP, 1 talisman, and +6 barrier, she has 14 def and 13 res. given equal res, the priority tiebreaker is avo. RP midia has 25 avo; RP katarina has 32 avo, so midia > katarina for priority. RP katarina faces 1 crit, but eremiah needs to pull 2 crit in order to change target priority. i think she still wants at least 1 goddess icon though because all of the other enemies have some crit on her. malicia can barrier her on turn 1.

in order for midia to end her turn in range of eremiah on turn 2, she can no longer reveal the first general. suppose that marth were to do this instead. marth would have to still be danced, but the only way feena can reach is if she moves 6 tiles both turns, so palla has to start behind the pillars. this doesn't prevent palla from revealing the third berserker, so that's fine. however, katarina has to attack the first berserker at 1-range, which etzel can heal off, but she must dodge the second berserker that she faces on EP.

RP sage etzel with C staves can physic katarina for 16 HP, which is necessary if she gets hit by a 40 atk berserker (26 HP damage) and a 35 atk general (19 HP damage) and wants to end turn 2 player phase with at least 21 HP. 21 HP is not in KO range of eremiah or sniper.

that just leaves palla's survival. unfortunately she can't survive spear general + longbow sniper + silver axe zerker, so i think she has to try to dodge the zerker.

Edited by dondon151

Minerva triggers the recruitment convo if she attacks the wyvern, just confirmed it.

Edited by Gradivus.

I don't have access to enemy hero stats and so I'm not sure if RP Jeorge as horseman, draco, or paladin can survive an enemy hero.

Just one?

In Lunatic they have 24 Speed and about 39 Attack. And IIRC the enemies from H3 -> H2 probably have about 2-4 stat difference (depending on HP and other things).

Jeorge Absolute - 8 HP | 5 Spd | 6 Def

DracoKnight Absolute - 20 HP | 7 Spd | 10 Def
DracoKnight has about 28 HP | 16+2 Def which means surviving one attack shouldn't be difficult. 14 Speed is super questionable though - I highly doubt the Heroes have less than 20 Speed honestly even in H2. I'm assuming Starsphere is going towards your bosskiller? Also Movement absolutely necessary for the 3 turn? Swordmaster is guaranteed to live... but...
If you can somehow get Astram to C Swords you could probably cheat with a forged Swordslayer but that likely requires an Arms Scroll and a forge.
Edited by Colonel M

Minerva triggers the recruitment convo if she attacks the wyvern, just confirmed it.

NICE

i've confirmed that a 5-turn of chapter 12 with darros recruited is possible with a bit of RNG. the group of 3 wyverns have to move the right way on turn 1 and there are 6 javelin throws that palla can't miss. i can savepoint on turn 2, kill the wyverns with 4 dracos, and recruit darros. there's a devil axe barbarian that must not recoil or get crit by darros on turn 2 EP. marth reaches the left fort on the top row on turn 3 and i can block the other forts with dracos.

turn 4 gets a little weird. i haven't pulled the fire dragons or the wyvern in the top left corner, but marth has to walk on the bridge in range of all of them. so i surround him with 4 dracos (catria, sirius, minerva, horace) and choke off the bridge with palla, who can kill all of the fire dragons that get in the way. catria, sirius, and horace are all doubled and ORKO'd by the wyvern even after RP, so i tried to nail down his behavior.

if i don't give horace the dragonpike forge, then he gets targeted and dies. if i give horace the dragonpike forge, then catria gets targeted. sirius apparently never gets targeted despite having the lowest luk and lowest avo of the air force. if i give catria a killer lance and leo (to potentially OHKO the wyvern on crit), then the wyvern still doesn't target sirius and it doesn't even move first in the turn order.

the good thing is that i gave catria the bond drop (because palla's supports are ass even though she has more longevity) and she has 3 supports in range, so she only faces 50 hit. the even weirder thing is that the wyvern goes first and targets catria if she has leo + steel lance (keeping in mind that she has 20 crit because of 3 supports) but not first if she has leo + killer lance, and they have the same MT.

so i have no idea what's going on, but i'm glad that it works out, because catria only has a 20% chance to die.

minerva can then backtrack on turn 5, grab the savepoint, get danced, and ORKO the pisces fire dragon. palla OHKOs boss with dragonpike forge. i expected that i had to burn through the dragonpike forge in this chapter but i only ended up having to use it 4 times.

In Lunatic they have 24 Speed and about 39 Attack. And IIRC the enemies from H3 -> H2 probably have about 2-4 stat difference (depending on HP and other things).

from my observations, they should have ~2 point stat difference in str. the more important difference is that they lose their forged silvers. they also only have B ranks, so a silver axe guy won't gain +1 atk with WTA.

if it comes out that jeorge has to have the starsphere (which is probably going to be the case), then i need to find a way to teleport the starsphere over to the bosskill side, because that's pretty important. fortunately 2 of the heroes drop stuff.

also does that sniper over on the left have a longbow or a silver bow? if he has a longbow then jeorge is probably fucked.

EDIT: 3-turning is trivial with horseman jeorge because he can just go the long way around.

Edited by dondon151

from my observations, they should have ~2 point stat difference in str. the more important difference is that they lose their forged silvers. they also only have B ranks, so a silver axe guy won't gain +1 atk with WTA.

if it comes out that jeorge has to have the starsphere (which is probably true), then i need to find a way to teleport the starsphere over to the bosskill side, because that's pretty important. fortunately 2 of the heroes drop stuff.

also does that sniper over on the left have a longbow or a silver bow? if he has a longbow then jeorge is probably fucked.

Looks about right. So my assumption is about 31-32 Attack on the Hero with about 22 Speed. If you use a Lance you're in a better spot since that drops the rank advantage down to about 29-30 Attack.

So worst case scenario DracoKnight base Jeorge with RP takes 24 damage (30 Attack-18 Def, then x2) - should be able to survive it.

Unfortunately Gradivus kind of skipped looking at a single Hero so I took a Chapter 17 Lunatic Warrior and a Chapter 17 H2 Warrior. Looks about right with about a 2 stat difference, B Ranks, no Forge. :|

I can't remember if the Longbow Sniper is around there honestly. I'll dig around.

Edited by Colonel M

if there's a hero in range with a silver axe though, then jeorge would still need starsphere because silver axe has +2 MT compared to rank-negated silver sword

he's also definitely going to need an even bulkier chaperone with similar mov so that he doesn't get ganged up on. i don't know if the heroes move before or after the thieves; if they move after the thieves then that's great because i can use a thief as a bodyblock, but if they move after then i'm not sure what i can do. i don't want to send palla over there because then my bosskill options are limited. OHKOing him with a master sword crit from sirius is pretty easy though, and it may be my only option.

Edited by dondon151

if there's a hero in range with a silver axe though, then jeorge would still need starsphere because silver axe has +2 MT compared to rank-negated silver sword

Ah, good point.

So if I saw the edit just going Horseman then?

And since it was asked:

Someone please tell me that the Hammerne didn't get replaced with, like, a Door Key or something.

No troll Vulnerary. Just a Hammerne Staff.

he's also definitely going to need an even bulkier chaperone with similar mov so that he doesn't get ganged up on. i don't know if the heroes move before or after the thieves; if they move after the thieves then that's great because i can use a thief as a bodyblock, but if they move after then i'm not sure what i can do. i don't want to send palla over there because then my bosskill options are limited.

I want to say they move first but my God it's been so long I should just play again to see.

Though good luck on that progress at the moment on my end....

Edited by Colonel M

i was saying with the edit that 3-turning is trivial but 2-turning involves jeorge surviving at least a hero and probably won't work if that other sniper turns out to have a longbow.

Well looking through Paperblade's video I can confirm the unfortunate news:

https://youtu.be/tmOWPrbxAk0?t=1m17s

The Longbow Sniper is to the left of Astram.

So unless they really spice up the item variety in H2...

EDIT2: Also can confirm Thieves move second (watched another playthrough of someone else's).

Edited by Colonel M

A Rescue saves 2 turns. He and his rescuer can stay out of range of the snipers with a Rescue assist, but I'm not even sure if the snipers move if Marth ends up in range.

The snipers don't ever move for non-Marth units so it's probably safe to say that they don't move for Marth either.

i think that i can do 16x without an again use, which would let me use again on jeorge instead of doing starsphere and AI shenanigans. but assuming that i can do both without an again use, where would another again use be able to save a turn?

EDIT: wait nvm i definitely didn't count my number of deployment slots right

DISREGARD

Edited by dondon151

got iote's shield in 13x and am 99% sure i can 3-turn 14 with 3 warps and 1 again

can someone with an H2 chapter 21 save check for me the range of enemy wyvern stats? i need to know to nail down late-game RP uses because i'm actually in danger of running out. specifically i want to know if they have 25 or 26 spd and/or the approximate likelihood of each.

EDIT: more update and notes for self

irysa says that chapter 21 wyverns have 26 spd, so i'll have to do a slightly different blocking strategy for feena since katarina won't have enough stat boosters to survive a wyvern. i'll have to block her with 2 SMs and possibly divert a wyvern by morphing xane into palla before palla gets danced and takes off.

chapter 16 i have a good plan to recruit astram with jeorge. RP starsphere paladin jeorge survives a hero or a sniper and has 9 luk. lining up non-RP paladin belf, paladin darros, and macellan in the right formation diverts the sniper to attack macellan and 2 heroes to attack belf and darros. this leaves astram open to be recruited after he moves, and starsphere can be traded over to minerva to help take care of the throne room.

unfortunately i still need a 2 javelin crits against the thieves and i only have access to the one savepoint on the right on turn 1. the enemy phase is a bit precarious because all of the enemies pull a bit of displayed crit against jeorge and co.

EDIT 2: i realized that robe RP minerva can't survive 2 wyverns in chapter 21, but i forgot to account for wolf's dracoshield. in terms of chapters 20x and 21, either i can robe and draco minerva and use 2 agains in 20x, or i can use 2 agains in 21 and do 20x with the boosters but only 1 again.

EDIT 3: can somewhat confirm that 3-turning chapter 19 with wolfguard recruited is possible: placing xane (with a lance equipped) a tile below the thief labeled B on FEWoD triggers sedgar's group to move, and since sedgar moves last, he goes all the way to the left onto the left fort. pulling wolf on turn 1 on the edge of his range but not the other horseman's range puts him in sedgar's range for recruitment on turn 3. xane can survive if someone can lure one or both pachyderms and if he doesn't get crit by the 2 killer bow horsemen.

Edited by dondon151

MORE STUFF

so my chapter 21 2-turn hypothetical fell apart because i didn't know that the sorceror near the village had meteor. okay. fortunately elf and irysa were good sounding boards to bounce alternative ideas off of.

the first thing to note is that i don't need to visit the secret shop or to use michalis for endgame if i get the aum staff. 26 mag katarina does 17 HP damage to medeus with starlight @ 18 crit (23 with 3 secret books). she 2RKOs with a double crit and gets revived in the middle with aum.

that means that i'll need aum from chapter 23 in addition to hammerne. going into chapter 23 with 2 warp, i must warp, thief, hammerne, warp x4, requiring a total of 7 staffers/feena. palla, michalis, julian, katarina, and marth are warp targets. that fills out the unit slots (11 total + marth).

if i only need katarina and aum for final, then i don't need rescue. i'll need 5 warpers/feena if i want to use the savepoint, malicia to hammerne warp, 4 units to recruit princesses, and katarina as deployed units (11 total + marth). one of nyna/elice can trade aum and revive katarina after she dies, and i'm assuming she gets her turn back like tiki did back in shadow dragon (need to test this). unfortunately, there's no savepoint opportunity or support, so katarina has to get a double 23% crit at best. i wouldn't have to do this if i had an extra thief use in chapter 23, but everything else is too important to pass up.

if i don't need any rescue for final, then that gives me an extra potential use in chapter 21. i can 1-turn chapter 21 with 2 rescue, 2 again, and 3 warp. feena must also be deployed, malicia must use hammerne and marth, palla, and minerva serve as warp targets, rounding out the unit slots (11 total + marth). that means that i should figure out how to 3-turn chapter 20x with only 1 again. here's the plan going forward:

• figure out how to 3-turn chapter 20x with 1 again. this requires throwing a robe or draco onto midia and it also requires midia to be dracoknight, which in turn means that palla has to be paladin.
  • if i can figure out the above, then the endgame plan is possible only if i have 2 B rank and 2 C rank non-malicia, non-katarina staff users. these would be wendell, yumina, etzel, frost. originally i thought that i would need to grind wrys, but it appears that i don't have to. yumina may be able to reach B rank staves naturally with pure staff grinding, but using a master seal may be easier. katarina can be the 3rd warper in chapter 21.

EDIT: chapter 20x attack order on turn 2 enemy phase appears to be eremiah, left sniper, general, top sniper, zerker. midia probably needs robe and palla a dracoshield and talisman. midia also needs +3 luk on katarina to be a lower priority target for an enemy zerker. getting palla to C swords as paladin may maximize reliability since she has to ORKO a zerker on turn 2 enemy phase (use arms scroll as SM in chapter 6x). midia also wants an arms scroll to be able to use gradivus for healing, otherwise she can't survive turn 2 if eremiah rounds up on mag.

can confirm that 3-turning with 1 again works in theory. palla must hit twice with forged brave lance @ 55 +forge hit (try for +15), katarina must dodge a zerker @ 46 hit, and sniper has a 50% chance to move to the right spot on turn 1. the first general must not flux up both HP and def (rare) for palla to ORKO with gradivus, but the second general doesn't matter because palla can brave lance the guy. palla must ORKO a zerker, likely with wo dao, @ 95 hit, 38 crit on turn 2. she then must hit twice with forged brave lance @ 60 +forge hit to ORKO eremiah.

factoring in the near ubiquitous enemy crit chance (6 vs. palla, midia, wolf and 9 vs. katarina), an approximate estimate of cumulative success rate is 4.4% with a +15 hit brave lance forge and 3.5% with a +10 hit brave lance forge. that's bad, but workable for such a short chapter.

Edited by dondon151

the first thing to note is that i don't need to visit the secret shop or to use michalis for endgame if i get the aum staff. 26 mag katarina does 17 HP damage to medeus with starlight @ 18 crit (23 with 3 secret books). she 2RKOs with a double crit and gets revived in the middle with aum.

It's been mentioned by others I'm sure, but would you have enough Gold to do a Thoron forge? It would take some Gold to at least match the Mt of Starlight, but at least you could have more Crit to play with. Possibly. You would need about 20K Gold but you could have a Thoron that potentially has more Crit and about the same Mt as Starlight. That is, if reliability is concerning.

I mean at that point you can sell basically all your "Free Silvers" and just about any other weapon since Katarina is basically the only unit going in here strictly for combat.

EDIT: I guess I did forget you're probably buying Spirit Dusts from the Base Shop, though, which would deplete 15000 alone on resources.

Edited by Colonel M

can someone with aum staff access please test for me to make sure that it works the same way as in FE11

that is, if a unit suicides into an enemy on player phase and gets revived on the same player phase, he keeps all of his items and also gets his action back

also, if a unit boosted by RP gets killed and revived, does he still have the RP boosts?

Edited by dondon151

Just tested it, the unit gets their action back and retains both their items and the RP boosts.

Should probably clarify that I skip enemy phase'd through Normal to find that out, but I seriously doubt any changes were made to Aum beyond it being unavailable on H3/4.

Edited by Topazd

Enjoying this read as I've yet to really learn FE12.

This really got me though;

Etzel needs Robe, RP, and Cancer to survive 2 wyverns and blick them on counter.

Etzel needs Cancer like I need another hole in my head

Just tested it, the unit gets their action back and retains both their items and the RP boosts.

Should probably clarify that I skip enemy phase'd through Normal to find that out, but I seriously doubt any changes were made to Aum beyond it being unavailable on H3/4.

Just double checked on H2. Action back, RP boosts present, Items retained.