English Support Conversation Gathering (Updated OP)

VincentASM

With Fire Emblem Fates officially out in English, I'm looking to recruit a number of volunteers who are interested in and can devote some time to adding the English support conversations to the Serenes Forest website.

Two things to note.

One: Support conversations should be submitted to Serenes Forest's dedicated wiki like the Awakening support conversations and should follow a similar format as one of the existing pages.

For details about formatting, please check this MediaWiki page.

Formatting is mostly straightforward. If you can figure out how to bold text, add hyperlinks or images on the forums, then you should be smart enough to figure it out.

The main tools you want to use are ''' for bolding text, == for creating subheadings and <nowiki></nowiki> for displaying asterisks or other symbols that the wiki uses for other purposes.

By the way, user registration has long been disabled on the wiki to protect it from vandalism so you'll be unable to create a wiki account by yourself (and you will need a separate wiki account). But don't worry, because I'll manually create an account for you if you're accepted.

Two: Unlike Awakening's support conversations, I won't be asking you to play the game and transcribe conversations by hand. Instead, due to advances in 3DS hacking, I'm hoping you can copy the text straight from the game files, which should save a lot of time.

Please check Thor Odinson's post here for the formatted game files.

Note that due to limitations, there may be some "clutter" that will need to be removed by hand.

Although copying from the game files should be very easy, if anybody feels more comfortable transcribing from the game, I don't mind.

...I think that's about everything for now. If you're interested, please send me a PM. Likewise, if you have any queries or ideas.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can this be done on the digital version of the game? If so i will start to do some if i can find the necessary tools.

i can play the game day 1 and i will be playing Conquest first, i will be playing all 3 paths so i can do all of them.

Edited by Badbot5000

i'd love to help out with this

it'll also probably be easier in this case, since I believe there are no longer voice clips during supports

not sure how soon I'll be able to play the game, but i'll try if I can

I'll help but I personally want to write it out by hand instead of learning how to hack, honestly. It keeps things simple for me and I don't mind doing it like this. I'm getting the SE at launch so I'll be playing all three paths at some point.

I can probably write a script if someone gets me all the textfiles--or extend the one Rey wrote for batch processing, anyway

Thanks, I was going to ask if somebody knew how to create scripts to automate some of the find and replacing.

I'll help but I personally want to write it out by hand instead of learning how to hack, honestly. It keeps things simple for me and I don't mind doing it like this. I'm getting the SE at launch so I'll be playing all three paths at some point.

No hacking is require on your part, simply the ability to find and replace and wade through a bit of clutter ^^

Although if anybody wants to get their hands dirty, I can teach you how to dump all the files from your game (can be digital or physical) once you have it.

Basically you need to install Homebrew (currently possible on any 3DS firmware and 100% safe if you follow the instructions), a big SD card (since the game weighs around 1.5 GB) and the pre-release version of Braindump (will be provided).

Then once at least one person has dumped their game files, I can share the files out ^^

Not entirely sure what is needed other than removing the intelligible mess (If I got that right; I'm not too knowledgeable on text files like these), but I am getting the SE and I did transcribe a lot of the Awakening supports from the game back then so if any help is needed I don't mind lending a hand.

Just let me know what to do and I'll do my best to understand. XD

Alright. Then I just got to wait until someone gives me the script for me clean up, right?

Yup, that's basically it ^^

Not entirely sure what is needed other than removing the intelligible mess (If I got that right; I'm not too knowledgeable on text files like these), but I am getting the SE and I did transcribe a lot of the Awakening supports from the game back then so if any help is needed I don't mind lending a hand.

Just let me know what to do and I'll do my best to understand. XD

With luck, we've got a few talented coders who might be able to clean up the mess even more.

So the main task may just be copying and pasting the text to the wiki and formatting the text (bolded speakers etc.). Although, since there are around 1062 support conversation files, I need all the help I can get while I attempt to slay another mighty beast called "name changes" ^^

Edited by VincentASM

I can probably see if I can whip up the batch port of Rey's script this weekend(since his works well for single supports)---looking at the script snippet you posted it doesn't look like they changed the command codes at all, just the script themselves.

Do you want the script to also show what expressions the characters are making, or just the dialogue is good?

So should I post it here? I've got Corrin(M) x Soleil all done.

Source:

Text Transcript:

C Support

Soleil: *sigh* I have a problem, Lord Avatar. But I'm not sure you'd understand...

Avatar: Try me. If nothing else, I can offer another perspective on it.

Soleil: Okay, here goes. I want to be a warrior. A fearless, take-no-prisoners, sword-slinging tough gal. There's just one small hitch that I haven't gotten past... And it's making what should be smooth sailing into a four-day hurricane at sea.

Avatar: This is sounding serious. What's this "hitch" you mentioned?

Soleil: Ok... don't laugh, but... I lose my mind around cute girls.

Avatar: So I've heard. But what's the problem?

Soleil: No, I mean, I REALLY lose my mind. When I see a cute girl, I start to sweat. When she gets close, I faint sometimes. I just can't stand how great girls are!

Avatar: ...Are you putting me on? Is this some sort of prank? Are people watching this?

Soleil: You remember the other day, when I was on my way back to camp?

Avatar: Hmm, vaguely. I thought for a moment that you might have taken a blow to the head.

Soleil: Yeah, I don't blame you for thinking so, but it had nothing to do with the battle. What happened was... this cute village girl came up to me to thank my troop. That's when I started to feel weak in the knees...

Soleil: No, you don't understand! This is a real problem if I'm going to be a warrior!

Avatar: I... I see... Take heart. I'll give it some thought, and hopefully we can come up with a solution.

B Support

Soleil: Ok, the blindfold's on.

Avatar: You fastened it tightly? There's no light getting through?

Soleil: Nope, I'm totally blind for whatever you had in mind.

Avatar: Good. I want to try a visualization exercise with you. I want you to picture me not as I am, but as I might look if I was a woman.

Soleil: ... Hello, gorgeous.

Avatar: Y-you've got the idea, it seems... What we'll do is, I'll play the role of a girl, and you try to keep it together around me.

Soleil: OK! This should be fun. Though it's harder to fantas- I mean, imagine you as a girl when you're talking. Maybe try a higher pitch?

Avatar: Ah, good point. OK... Oh, Soleil...!

Soleil: *gasp* Th-there it is... that tingly feeling... That familiar rush of blood to the head...

Avatar: You saved us all! You were so amazing and strong when you beat up the bad guys!

Soleil: Aaaaaaaaah!

Avatar: Was that more or less right? I was trying to get into the village girl mind-set.

Soleil: I-it was scary close. I almost fainted.

Avatar: Good! This should help to build a tolerance. Shall we go once more?

Soleil: Yeah. I'm game. But maybe I could take a short break before we get back at it?

Avatar: Of course! Take all the time you need.

Soleil: Thanks! Because so long as I've got this blindfold on and we're visualizing... I'm gonna daydream about what the rest of the guys would look like as girls! Mmm, Xandra... you're so much prettier when you smile...
(Soleil leaves)

Avatar: Uh, Soleil...! Soleil! That's not the point of the exercise!

A Support

Avatar: Ah, hello, Soleil. Have our visualization sessions helped with your problem?

Soleil: Not much, I'm afraid. After the last battle, I went to a nearby village. And wham, I got mobbed by a pack of grateful village girls. Just the kind I like... I blacked out, and when I came to, things had taken a turn for the worse. They were waiting on me hand and foot! I hate to say it, but I think we've been wasting our time.

Soleil: Sorry, Avatar.

Avatar: It's all right. It might be a while before you can keep your composure around girls. Don't be upset because the problem isn't solved after a few days.

Soleil: That's true. I shouldn't let it get me down. When I was little, I was a real crybaby. But then my father said to me... "Laugh it off, Soleil. The trick is to smile until you have something to smile about." Ever since, no matter how I feel inside, I put on a happy face. Which is what I ought to be doing right now!

Avatar: Soleil... you don't need to force a smile.

Soleil: It's not forced, though! Sure, we haven't made any headway on my problem. But you're trying to help. That counts for a lot. So don't think this smile of mine is fake. I mean it!

Avatar: In that case, I'll smile for you too. You're an important member of the team. I want to help with any problem of yours.

Soleil: You mean that? Because I'd be up for some more of that visualization stuff. I love it when you pretend to be a girl, heehee. Though nowadays, I have fun with you no matter what we're doing.

S Support

Soleil: What did you want to see out here, Avatar? What's going on?

Avatar: It's nothing special. Look up at the sky.

Soleil: The sky...? Oh!

Avatar: This is the warmest, brightest spot I know. The sun shines especially strong here.

Soleil: Wow, no kidding. It's so nice!

Soleil: Hm?

Avatar: Your smile is radiant as the sun. I'd bask in its warmth forever if I could...

Soleil: Uh... Are you feeling OK, Avatar? Did you take a hit to the head or something?

Avatar: N-nno! I'm being totally serious!

Soleil: For real...? Gosh, I wasn't expecting this today.

Avatar: I understand if you're not interested, since I'm only a woman in your imagination.

Soleil: Oh, that's no such a problem. I like men just fine. I think I could even get to like one for real if I knew him well enough.

Avatar: That's great! So then...

Soleil: But we're not there yet. The image I had of you during our sessions... It was cute, and lovely, but it's not you.

Soleil: Well... yes and no. The girl you in my imagination was cute and adorable. And if you just wanted to be silly and have fun, I'd close my eyes and imagine her. But it sounds like you're talking about something serious. Something real. So that version of you, cute as she is, won't work anymore.

Avatar: Oh. Then where does that leave us?

Soleil: We'll just have to start over! Instead of hanging out with you pretending to be other people... we'll hang out and I can get to know who you really are instead. I'm confident we can get there. I mean, I already like you a lot!

Avatar: Enough to make up for me not being a cute girl?

Soleil: Hey, cute's cute!

Avatar: That's high praise, coming from you.

Soleil: Haha... to be honest...

(Live2D Confession)
Soleil: I love you more than all the cute things in the world combined. This is kinda embarrassing, but... stay with me forever... Promise?

So should I post it here? I've got Corrin(M) x Soleil all done.

Source:

Text Transcript:

C Support

Soleil: *sigh* I have a problem, Lord Avatar. But I'm not sure you'd understand...

Avatar: Try me. If nothing else, I can offer another perspective on it.

Soleil: Okay, here goes. I want to be a warrior. A fearless, take-no-prisoners, sword-slinging tough gal. There's just one small hitch that I haven't gotten past... And it's making what should be smooth sailing into a four-day hurricane at sea.

Avatar: This is sounding serious. What's this "hitch" you mentioned?

Soleil: Ok... don't laugh, but... I lose my mind around cute girls.

Avatar: So I've heard. But what's the problem?

Soleil: No, I mean, I REALLY lose my mind. When I see a cute girl, I start to sweat. When she gets close, I faint sometimes. I just can't stand how great girls are!

Avatar: ...Are you putting me on? Is this some sort of prank? Are people watching this?

Soleil: You remember the other day, when I was on my way back to camp?

Avatar: Hmm, vaguely. I thought for a moment that you might have taken a blow to the head.

Soleil: Yeah, I don't blame you for thinking so, but it had nothing to do with the battle. What happened was... this cute village girl came up to me to thank my troop. That's when I started to feel weak in the knees...

Soleil: No, you don't understand! This is a real problem if I'm going to be a warrior!

Avatar: I... I see... Take heart. I'll give it some thought, and hopefully we can come up with a solution.

B Support

Soleil: Ok, the blindfold's on.

Avatar: You fastened it tightly? There's no light getting through?

Soleil: Nope, I'm totally blind for whatever you had in mind.

Avatar: Good. I want to try a visualization exercise with you. I want you to picture me not as I am, but as I might look if I was a woman.

Soleil: ... Hello, gorgeous.

Avatar: Y-you've got the idea, it seems... What we'll do is, I'll play the role of a girl, and you try to keep it together around me.

Soleil: OK! This should be fun. Though it's harder to fantas- I mean, imagine you as a girl when you're talking. Maybe try a higher pitch?

Avatar: Ah, good point. OK... Oh, Soleil...!

Soleil: *gasp* Th-there it is... that tingly feeling... That familiar rush of blood to the head...

Avatar: You saved us all! You were so amazing and strong when you beat up the bad guys!

Soleil: Aaaaaaaaah!

Avatar: Was that more or less right? I was trying to get into the village girl mind-set.

Soleil: I-it was scary close. I almost fainted.

Avatar: Good! This should help to build a tolerance. Shall we go once more?

Soleil: Yeah. I'm game. But maybe I could take a short break before we get back at it?

Avatar: Of course! Take all the time you need.

Soleil: Thanks! Because so long as I've got this blindfold on and we're visualizing... I'm gonna daydream about what the rest of the guys would look like as girls! Mmm, Xandra... you're so much prettier when you smile...

(Soleil leaves)

Avatar: Uh, Soleil...! Soleil! That's not the point of the exercise!

A Support

Avatar: Ah, hello, Soleil. Have our visualization sessions helped with your problem?

Soleil: Not much, I'm afraid. After the last battle, I went to a nearby village. And wham, I got mobbed by a pack of grateful village girls. Just the kind I like... I blacked out, and when I came to, things had taken a turn for the worse. They were waiting on me hand and foot! I hate to say it, but I think we've been wasting our time.

Soleil: Sorry, Avatar.

Avatar: It's all right. It might be a while before you can keep your composure around girls. Don't be upset because the problem isn't solved after a few days.

Soleil: That's true. I shouldn't let it get me down. When I was little, I was a real crybaby. But then my father said to me... "Laugh it off, Soleil. The trick is to smile until you have something to smile about." Ever since, no matter how I feel inside, I put on a happy face. Which is what I ought to be doing right now!

Avatar: Soleil... you don't need to force a smile.

Soleil: It's not forced, though! Sure, we haven't made any headway on my problem. But you're trying to help. That counts for a lot. So don't think this smile of mine is fake. I mean it!

Avatar: In that case, I'll smile for you too. You're an important member of the team. I want to help with any problem of yours.

Soleil: You mean that? Because I'd be up for some more of that visualization stuff. I love it when you pretend to be a girl, heehee. Though nowadays, I have fun with you no matter what we're doing.

S Support

Soleil: What did you want to see out here, Avatar? What's going on?

Avatar: It's nothing special. Look up at the sky.

Soleil: The sky...? Oh!

Avatar: This is the warmest, brightest spot I know. The sun shines especially strong here.

Soleil: Wow, no kidding. It's so nice!

Soleil: Hm?

Avatar: Your smile is radiant as the sun. I'd bask in its warmth forever if I could...

Soleil: Uh... Are you feeling OK, Avatar? Did you take a hit to the head or something?

Avatar: N-nno! I'm being totally serious!

Soleil: For real...? Gosh, I wasn't expecting this today.

Avatar: I understand if you're not interested, since I'm only a woman in your imagination.

Soleil: Oh, that's no such a problem. I like men just fine. I think I could even get to like one for real if I knew him well enough.

Avatar: That's great! So then...

Soleil: But we're not there yet. The image I had of you during our sessions... It was cute, and lovely, but it's not you.

Soleil: Well... yes and no. The girl you in my imagination was cute and adorable. And if you just wanted to be silly and have fun, I'd close my eyes and imagine her. But it sounds like you're talking about something serious. Something real. So that version of you, cute as she is, won't work anymore.

Avatar: Oh. Then where does that leave us?

Soleil: We'll just have to start over! Instead of hanging out with you pretending to be other people... we'll hang out and I can get to know who you really are instead. I'm confident we can get there. I mean, I already like you a lot!

Avatar: Enough to make up for me not being a cute girl?

Soleil: Hey, cute's cute!

Avatar: That's high praise, coming from you.

Soleil: Haha... to be honest...

(Live2D Confession)

Soleil: I love you more than all the cute things in the world combined. This is kinda embarrassing, but... stay with me forever... Promise?

Ah... I wish I saw this post sooner, I just went through the process of doing it all by hand too. xD

I would love to help out Vincent, and hope to use the same text files for direct Japanese to English comparisons too. : ) So please pass them along when they're available.

Edited by Kirokan

I already have a Wiki account, so I'll see if I can contribute. I'll probably want to finish at least one path before I start, and I'm not the most reliable person at the best of times, but I hope I can manage to be some help.

Basically you need to install Homebrew (currently possible on any 3DS firmware and 100% safe if you follow the instructions)

Is this true even with the most recent system update? I've been wanting to install homebrew on my system, but I've had trouble getting an SD card reader for my computer... I was worried Fates would force me to update and make it impossible for a while.

I already have a Wiki account, so I'll see if I can contribute. I'll probably want to finish at least one path before I start, and I'm not the most reliable person at the best of times, but I hope I can manage to be some help.

Is this true even with the most recent system update? I've been wanting to install homebrew on my system, but I've had trouble getting an SD card reader for my computer... I was worried Fates would force me to update and make it impossible for a while.

Yes, you can use Browserhax on any firmware, but you'll have to act fast since Nintendo isn't slow when it comes to blocking Homebrew ^^

Thanks all. I'm trying to create some pages for each character, but I just realised I dunno how to get the map sprites. My capture 3DS keeps crashing when trying to load Japanese Conquest : /

Okay, I made a compromise.

Minus the lack of images except for Avatar (M), does that look fine?

Also, is there anyone familiar with HTML or wikis (or just really brave) who can help me create similar tables for all 72 characters? You don't have to do do all 72, even just one helps.

Please let me know and I'll give a explanation of what to do. Basically, I'm looking for something like this except I've done the table on the top for you already and you need to do the bottom one (that links to each support conversation).

That looks like it'll be good once all the images are up. The small portraits should make it easier to find character's than Awakening's map sprites, I think.

What I'd really like to see is a page where clicking on a character's name opens up links to all their supports below the table without loading a new page, but... I don't know enough about HTML to say how difficult that would be, or if it's even possible.

Yes, you can use Browserhax on any firmware, but you'll have to act fast since Nintendo isn't slow when it comes to blocking Homebrew ^^

Thanks all. I'm trying to create some pages for each character, but I just realised I dunno how to get the map sprites. My capture 3DS keeps crashing when trying to load Japanese Conquest : /

That's good to hear, thanks. I'll... hopefully be able to do it sooner or later. I can avoid updating my 3DS for a while, anyway, since I don't really use the online features.

Okay, I made a compromise.

Minus the lack of images except for Avatar (M), does that look fine?

Also, is there anyone familiar with HTML or wikis (or just really brave) who can help me create similar tables for all 72 characters? You don't have to do do all 72, even just one helps.

Please let me know and I'll give a explanation of what to do. Basically, I'm looking for something like this except I've done the table on the top for you already and you need to do the bottom one (that links to each support conversation).

Oh boy, mass table creation, that takes me back. I'm game, though it may be a few hours before I can get to it in earnest.

That's cool, I'll create an account for you in a bit.

Also, I believe RainThunder provided all the text files from the game, so we should be ready to go soon.

I'm totally not ready.

Edited by VincentASM